Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Melty Blood: Type Lumina

(*Voice acting is in Japanese only.)
    Booo, it's 2021 and they're releasing this worldwide, come on.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Presia messe noce yor tes mea TwilightsCall's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ten characters, huh?

I also love that they're advertising "button mash to win" as a selling point of the game lol
    My Fanfiction - Almost entirely short stories and oneshots

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Plenty of screenshots of characters in air situations in BananaShiki's tweets so not sure where you get that. If it's about how the character sprites fit within the screen, some of them look like they literally have been photoshopped onto the stage rather than being real screenshots of gameplay. Kamone has said there are things about Melty he's always wanted to change but I don't think you're ever seeing Melty as a game played primarily on the ground.
    I guess it is mostly about stage size before being about double jumps, and you're right we can't really know that. I'm not seeing any unga unist normals either beside very unsafe moves like sei dp. Still, it's gotta be pretty far along if they're releasing this year. I'm not trying to completely diss on the thing and call it a TsukiRe advertisement paid for with peanuts French Bread works for, even though it's at least marginally a TsukiRe advertisement.

Btw, turns out the moon thing is not a style indicator at all - since there are four states of it shown, the arc AAD bit on one of the screenshots under her shows it 3/4 filled. The boring answer is that it's burst. A thing that I think would be really cool would be if it was a comeback mechanic of sorts - fill it or empty it and your character changes - think vorpal but without the cycle part. Unlike vorpal though, the character would unlock new specials or even change in appearance as the game develops over the years, so in the end we'll have arc installing into warc to unlock bloodrings and so on. It's one way to bring back the Tatari characters.

Know what else I'm seeing on the screenshots? Red (dark blue) health. That's a pretty integral part of melty complexity to me, so it's cool that it's one thing that's returning.

Spoiler:

check out this honest special

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I feel some pollination promotion with GO since Aniplex has got their hands on this and Tsukihime Remake.
    My tinfoil hat tells me to get ready for some major shilling come summer.

Time to brush up on my Ciel either way.
    If you think it'll have saber in it you're crazy, but Mysterious Neco X would be pretty funny.
    Anyway, they can say what they want, but there's no way they'll sit on a 16 character roster after dlc with eltnum sprites already made and not just paste them in for instant character.
    Last edited by Ratman; March 26th, 2021 at 02:03 AM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I feel some pollination promotion with GO since Aniplex has got their hands on this and Tsukihime Remake.
    My tinfoil hat tells me to get ready for some major shilling come summer.

Time to brush up on my Ciel either way.
    I'm 100% okay with that if it means more Tsuki/Melty. Maybe if the inevitable FGO colab goes well we can get Tsuki 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    (*Voice acting is in Japanese only.)
    Booo, it's 2021 and they're releasing this worldwide, come on.
    That last few Guilt Gears have been Japanese voices only too after Xrd Sign, and IIRC BlazBlue only got an English five games in cast when RWBY forced their hand in Cross Tag.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Seems like it is French Bread after all. Not really surprised about this, they were the ones who did Melty Blood in the past and they even added Sion in UN:IB so it felt obvious they were still the ones in charge.

That said, only 10 characters for a fighting game is way too little, I sure hope it's not a full price game. Or that the content in story mode and other modes is big enough to justify only 10 characters.
    Last edited by Oz1337; March 26th, 2021 at 02:21 AM.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    would be cool if they do 'how to use character' video.

I hope they don't fix Sacchin's grab hit box.

wait this game is prequel to Tsuki Re so there won't be DA Sacchin yet damn.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; March 26th, 2021 at 02:25 AM.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Did someone just say english voice acting
    'cause I'm pretty sure someone just said english voice acting

(watch at your own risk)
    Spoiler:

I meant to post the Nanaya dub with DISAPPEAR and YOU'RE NO FUN but it seems to have bean deleted from YT, damn. At least we still have Melty Blood Chronicles.

Blog Entries
    The game should not be voiced in English and anyone who thinks it should be deserves to be treated badly.

Fighting game roster bloat is a very serious game ruiner (especially on release of a brand new game)and it's important to remember that rather than being a sequel to AACC, this is an entirely new game from the ground up. AACC's large roster is the culmination of about 5 different versions of Melty that progressively added new characters with every iteration.

But also the website says it'll have OVER 10, not just 10 specifically. Expect the game to get a handful of new versions with more characters down the line as well.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Expect the game to be completely busted to unplayability on release also. The first version of every fighting game is kusoge.

Blog Entries
    I want it to suck in that way that only anime games can suck.

no fighting game can defeat Hokuto Arcade for stupid game balance.

Blog Entries
    Nonono, no game can beat Hokuto arcade in /bad game design/, balance is an entirely different matter

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    no fighting game can defeat Hokuto Arcade for stupid game balance.
    HnK is balanced, even if accidentally so - there are four characters in the top tier and bottom tier can compete. It's actually better than say, Xrd. It's just that the meta revolves around le funny basketball and full star boost jab combo into Fatal KO. Which is pretty Hokuto no Ken in the end.

The more fundamental issue that makes the HnK kusoge, which shows at its seams now and then despite how much you may enjoy it, is that the game has been released in times of arcades in a flat version, and even after being ported has barely had its guts touched. For a concise explanation of this arcade-to-console problematic, I will redirect you to the first ten minutes of this video, which overall is an exploration of a far more broken game than HnK.

You know what bears great comparison in this regard to HnK? Fate/Unlimited Codes. The difference being that FUC has at least 4 or so different versions. The first had infinites and bugged frame data because of the company somehow not predicting tigerknees, the second seeing the success of the first removed the infinites and make the routes just long ass combos which barely do not kill unless your execution is stellar. The following two ports added 4 more characters and removed the execution barrier by making the tks automatic, and as it happens, nobody plays those last two versions. It's all about the second in the FUC community.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINA

First Interview with Creators

What type of product will MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINA be? We talk to two French Bread employees at the forefront of the project.

Narita Nobuya
    Representative of French Bread, a company that creates 2D fighting games. He has been deeply involved with the Melty Blood series, mainly working as a producer from the very first entry onwards.

Serizawa Kamone
    A French Bread affiliated fighting game battle designer and director. Has worked on many 2D fighting games including Melty Blood Actress Again and Under Night In-Birth.

First, please tells us about how the production of Melty Blood: Type Lumina came to be. Why now develop a completely new series?

Narita: It started with Type-Moon going, "Lets get this going (Melty Blood)." It was quite sudden (laughs). We've had demand for a Melty Blood HD or remake for quite some time. We have also had a strong desire to recreate Melty Blood in accordance with the current environment. Whenever we brought it up with Type-Moon the timing was never right. But if we adroitly moved when their work on Tsukihime -A piece of Blue Glass Moon- (from now on Tsukihime R) settled down... that's how we started development.

This first infodump reveals Shiki, Arc, Akiha, and Ciel as playable characters. It's said that they're all going to be entering battle in Tsukihime R, so are all oncoming characters going to be selected based on that work?

Kamone: Yes, that is correct. Fundamentally, we will aim to select each character from the new Tsukihime, Tsukihime R.

Narita: Concerning the selection of characters, Type-Moon has various ideas to make for a pretty interesting roster. We would like you to look forward to both Tsukihime R and this game.

How is this work's story positioned in the timeline of the series? Will the story develop Tsukihime R with which it shares a worldview?

Narita: Yes. The timeline and worldview is based on Tsukihime R. The original Melty Blood is based on the doujin edition of Tsukihime, so this work will also be based on Tsukihime R. I believe it's best to think of it as one what-if that happens before Tsukihime R begins.

I heard there were 10 playable characters. In the previous work there were over 20 characters present. So not all of them will show up?

Kamone: Since we started with basing this on the worldview of Tsukihime, we will not be sticking with all the characters from the original series, so there will be fewer characters than the previous work. I think this should be said outright, the original protagonist Sion is not present and this is not a TATARI edition story. There are fundamental differences. I would like all fans to understand that the traditional Melty Blood story is on standby for a later date. Taking into account Tsukihime R's development, we decided it was too early to have the original series character's gaiden stories. There was the doujin version of Tsukihime and the derivative work Melty Blood. We want to make this product from the standpoint of making Tsukihime R more enjoyable.

As for the battle system, will it follow the precedents the original set? Also, what new systems will it contain?

Kamone: The battle system has been reconstructed to bring out the personality of Melty Blood first and foremost. There aren't many systems that have remained entirely the same, shields, bursting, and air combos that are fundamental to Melty Blood are present so the gameplay will feel the same as the original series. Completely new elements include a number of new resources to use new actions, as well as new systems. The spacing game is very different from the original series, so I hope you'll all look forward to the next set of infodumps.

With its charming characters and story, Melty Blood boasts a high degree of polish for a fighting game. Nowadays, we see a large enthusiasm for e-sports. During development how conscious were you of this?

Kamone: Of course, we were aware of that. So that the entire world can play, we're going to have translations and subtitled audio in multiple languages as a standard installation feature. We are also creating an online play portion so players can play together remotely. As for the game, as well as trying to make it contain competitive and speed-run elements we are also trying to make it fun to watch and easy for new players to pick up. Of course, Melty Blood only exists due to the support of its fans, so we aim to create something that satisfies them.

Are there any particularly large changes compared to the original series?

Kamone: It's quite trivial, but the netcode uses a technology called rollback. It should be harder to feel lag on online battles than before. I hope you look forward to it.

Are there any points you want to highlight?

Narita: We're creating characters one point and a time with pixel art, so please take a look at the high-resolution character pixel art. I think you'll be able to enjoy it by just looking at the new costume designs as well as the character animations.

Kamone: As for the battle portion we are building and tuning without forgetting what Melty Blood is. For the new Melty Blood, we are aiming for something that can be enjoyed as both nostalgic and fresh. We would very much appreciate it if you could keep those points in mind.

A final message for the fans, please?

Narita: Thank you so much for your patience. I've been practicing drawing HD size pixel art for the last ten years (laughs). During that time many things happened, but I think the doujin Tsukihime and Melty Blood generation as well as today's Tsukihime R and Fate generation will enjoy this work. By all means, I look forward to you seeing this work.

Kamone: Hearing the many voices that wanted the revival of Melty Blood after the announcement of Tsukihime R made me very happy. I myself was Melty player and entered this industry because of the doujin version of Tsukihime and Melty Blood. We are wholeheartedly developing to satisfy all our fans, so please look forward to Melty Blood!
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Oh, nice! Thanks for the translation, You!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post

Seems like it is French Bread after all. Not really surprised about this, they were the ones who did Melty Blood in the past and they even added Sion in UN:IB so it felt obvious they were still the ones in charge.

That said, only 10 characters for a fighting game is way too little, I sure hope it's not a full price game. Or that the content in story mode and other modes is big enough to justify only 10 characters.
    thanks to a certain youtuber (mainly reviewing game with bad score) as soon as ppl see DW is involved they gone rage in twitter.

it's sad Narita had to explain this.

Blog Entries
    Well it's understandable since DW has never made a good video game.

Blog Entries
    It’s true
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

what if there is Fate characters as DLC ?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    You know what would be the funniest shit? Lumina kicks Sion but adds Eltnum as a guest.

- - - Updated - - -

Also LMAO at rollback being an aside, I like these guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3