Page 51 of 112 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2221

Thread: Melty Blood: Type Lumina

LLL, i know DA noel is a character who looks specially made for your tastes, lol, but you like regular noel ?
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; December 22nd, 2021 at 11:34 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I admire her honesty. Most Hunters have some bullshit nonsense about killing the undead "for their own good", to "save their souls" or otherwise. She does it simply because she likes killing, and she knows it (she freely admits that the phrase, "For the Lord", only has value as convenient words), much like how Socrates is the wisest because he knows that he does not know.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; December 22nd, 2021 at 11:37 PM.

i like this anime girl and socrates in the same sentence, i quite like you, lol

Yeah, i dont see her as an hypocrite zealot, she rally does not care about it

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm sending out quite a few friendship requests recently, huh. See. Unlike those who reacted when I first mentioned this, you seem to appreciate this. Look. If I get killed, I don't want my executioner to go on a tirade about their actions are "for me", as opposed to be for themselves.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Normally if people get executed it neither for 'Me' or 'You' but the community.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    People probably assume this is "the true Noel" or some shit and not one unfortunate route for her that is not going to be repeated in any other scenario, presumably because they haven't played the game
    again, Nasu, why

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by naschyamamoto View Post
    again, Nasu, why
    That "why" can be a question for several actions. Which one are you specifying?

Likely why they released globally the spin off fighting game and not the freakin source novel , a lot of people were spoiled on ..first, she being a nun,and now, this, japanese people could play it and be shocked so is quite unfair

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Ah yes, in a perfect world no sane person would touch Melty without playing Tsuki first.
    However in the real world there's a whole fighting game community that'll jump on any fighting game for the gameplay, story context be damned.
    We can't not milk them, now can we?
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nasu already answered this in one in the 4gamer interview. It's because localizing Melty Blood doesn't require an expert in BLACK's techniques of VN screen composition. Tsukihime uses an advanced level of what's practically a lost art.

Also mandatory dubbing to handle the occasions where the text and the voices say different things, but unlike the above, that's an issue money can solve.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also, the simpler fact that fighting games generally have less text than VNs. Quite a few VNs have fighting game spinoffs even when their source material had very little fighting, such as that one with the Key characters. Eternal Fighter Zero, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Normally if people get executed it neither for 'Me' or 'You' but the community.
    Yes, but the "paladin providing 'mercy' with his axe" trope is common enough as to pester me. Therefore, I find Noel's honesty refreshing.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; December 23rd, 2021 at 08:14 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Nasu already answered this in one in the 4gamer interview. It's because localizing Melty Blood doesn't require an expert in BLACK's techniques of VN screen composition. Tsukihime uses an advanced level of what's practically a lost art.
    A lost art that definitively hasn't been done a half dozen times by a group of weebs who got together to shitpost 15 years ago on a site no sane speaker of english would try and pronounce.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    A lost art that definitively hasn't been done a half dozen times by a group of weebs who got together to shitpost 15 years ago on a site no sane speaker of english would try and pronounce.
    The ability to operate computers at an advanced level is indeed something of a lost art in Japan. The situation is not comparable to the west.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    People say that TM is losing out on so much money by not realesing the remake in English....

Talking about a company whose gacha game earned 5 billion dollars in a single year. As if they need any more fucking money...

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    do you really think those money belong to TM alone?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    It's still probably enough for them to see a leap like translating a bigass VN into english as an unnecessary endeavor. They might be missing out but how much really. Would it even sell that well in the first place. Nasu underestimated the sales in freaking Japan, imagine how little he and the company thought it'd sell here in the west, especially with the stupid stigma surrounding VN's.

It's not just the difficulty. Any move is a risk. Doing a TL on a VN isn't the same as hiring some korean part-timer to translate fighting game lines in a couple days. It's not only much more costly it likely might not even be worth it.

Does thos mean fighting game dudebros will show up saying shit without knowing diddly squat for context? Yes. You just gotta deal with it the same way you gotta deal with any normie influx. Breathe deep, keep calm and shut up. Getting angry ain't worth it.
    burn your dread you coward

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    do you really think those money belong to TM alone?
    Of course not everything is going to them, but between that, the merchandise and the movies I don't really expect them to be struggling financially to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Does thos mean fighting game dudebros will show up saying shit without knowing diddly squat for context? Yes. You just gotta deal with it the same way you gotta deal with any normie influx. Breathe deep, keep calm and shut up. Getting angry ain't worth it.
    I mean that would happen even if the VN were translated let's be real here.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    They might double their sales honestly. Even just releasing in english(and PC) opens up a huge potential market. While it might not make sense for them to do much of anything when they can sit back and be fed by whales for however many years they want, they are still losing out on tens of millions. It also wouldn't hurt if they have any foresight going forward with increasing the strength of their IP.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol, too late to the party, they have it on PS4 as digital.

And yep, should have known Noel's from the Burial Agency.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Lol, too late to the party, they have it on PS4 as digital.

And yep, should have known Noel's from the Burial Agency.
    Noel is not Burial Agency member, she's a partner for Ciel.