Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 7475255565758596267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2221

Thread: Melty Blood: Type Lumina

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    And how do the Arcueid and red moon man play into this? Well, both baby Shiki in the prologue and Roa'd Shiki in Ciel 14 refer to the moonlit sky as the dome blocking the way to the cosmos (宙を塞ぐ天蓋).
    I'm going to agree when it comes to needing time to process everything, because I've still yet to fully internalize exactly where the ソラを覆う天蓋 (and its many variations) fit into the scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Melty Blood Actress Again, Archetype: EARTH win quote
    「無能、跪くがよい
     ヒトの力では星は掴めぬ。
     我が息吹はいまだ神域。貴様らの増長をたしなめる、
     人知未踏の天蓋である。」
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoutsukai no Yoru
    微塵と散る摩天楼。
    決して届かぬと謳われ、多くの挑戦者を飲んだ絶望の島。

その人智未踏を誇ったさきにあるモノこそ───

破滅を叫ぶ紺碧の霧。
    崩壊する絶氷の天蓋(ソラ)。

スナーク狩りの魔弾は月を越えて。

断末魔は潮騒のように、御伽の国に響き渡り───
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime remake, Roa to Arcueid after regenerating from her attack
    「“まさしく魔の王。人知いまだ及ばぬ、<虚|ソ><空|ラ>を覆う<天蓋|てんがい>よ”」
     足首が動く。
     カツカツと音をたてて、足首<だ|・><け|・>が血の海を歩いていく。
     その過程。
     一歩進むたびに足首から腿が、腰が、もう一本の脚が、胴が、両腕が、生えていった。
    「“だが魔術の進歩とて、その<御業|みわざ>に負けてはいない。
     このように―――術者が滅びようと発動する自動詠唱は、近年において完成の域をみた”」
    And of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihime remake, narration when Shiki is seeing Vlov's Principle
     星の内海、ソラを覆う天蓋は謳う。
     祖に呪いあれ。
     人の世に呪いあれ。
     いまだ原理は定着せず。この星の<礎|いしずえ>はあまりに脆い。
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 14th, 2022 at 02:35 AM.

Loving the free DLC and new music. Curious to see if NEco(lumi)-arc is playable in the future too and more color selections.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    In DA Noel's story mode, does Roa's remark confirm that Arach isn't a DAA, or is it a mistranslation?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    In DA Noel's story mode, does Roa's remark confirm that Arach isn't a DAA, or is it a mistranslation?
    Arach isn't mentioned in DA Noel's story mode, so yes.

Luckily for you, me and Comun already had this conversation of Twitter earlier today, so I suppose I can just link that.

Twitter thread (read the whole thing, if you'd like)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Arach isn't mentioned in DA Noel's story mode, so yes.

Luckily for you, me and Comun already had this conversation of Twitter earlier today, so I suppose I can just link that.

Twitter thread (read the whole thing, if you'd like)
    Huh. So it's just translators screwing around again. I swear, the way they worded it is really misleading, I legit thought he was congratulating Arach for her guinea pig. so much for lore-relevant tease.

Thanks for the link, Petri.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    kinda weird coincidence in almost same time we got DA Noel on Melty Blood and the actual holder of her mystic eyes on FGO (though it's only the shadow).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    天蓋
    Curiously enough, doing a FGO script search on 天蓋 hits with nothing. I'd expect the Animusphere to be in on that dome action.

Anyways, the most intringuing dome quote there is the last one, with Shiki's eyes equating the dome to Avalon.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It is perhaps, a 'filter' of sorts only levied onto humanity in Tsukihime worlds.

Obviously, the way both Roa and A:E talk about makes it seem like Arcueid herself (or some aspect of her, the part of her representing the planet?) is the 天蓋 (Dome) itself. This is probably why the last quote talks about 星の内海 (Inner Sea of the Planet). We also know the Celestial Egg normally rests in the same place.

Oh yeah and Arc doesn't exist in Fate worlds, so if she's the dome, then like, obviously the dome isn't in F/GO, I guess?
    Last edited by Petrikow; January 14th, 2022 at 11:02 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Makes sense since the main difference is whether or not the CM is active.
    Edit: Though I don't think he's ever clarified that she doesn't exist... I still say it's the only thing that makes sense as far as what we know anyway. Only way the CM would be more inactive than he already is if he can't revive through her. So maybe TA as a species are different or she just didn't manifest.
    Last edited by Nanaya; January 14th, 2022 at 11:16 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah and Arc doesn't exist in Fate worlds
    I heard that a few times before, but never found the source.

I don't think there is a source. Just something you can speculate about based on the fact that Roa doesn't encounter her in Fate, the state of Crimson Moon being the prime factor for whether the world is Fate or Tsukihime and the bit about ORT's status differing in worlds where Gaia manifests.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Did the Arc in Extra come from a Tsuki world? Also, can Arc specifically not exist in worlds with a Moon Cell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    European Dead Apostle War Theater (Advance Notice Lie)
    A story where the True Ancestor curb stomps Okita and Nobu.
    Eh? Worlds from Fate don't have the Twenty-Seven Ancestors or the happy-go-lucky vampire princess? Nevermind then!
    Koha-Ace, liar mode on, final destination

To begin with, isn't EXTRA a what if world from before the split? That always needs to be considered. I also believe they make mention that she is a fanservice character and that the Moon Cell causes the premise of Tsukihime to collapse. Given references to her true master being Shiki, she's probably from a world where Tsukihime occurred at the least. Though IIRC they mentioned something like the equivalent of CM existing somewhere probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Koha-Ace, liar mode on, final destination
    Well shit. I never saw that. Glad the breadcrumbs logically lead you in that direction.
    Last edited by Nanaya; January 14th, 2022 at 12:03 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I still can't find Koha-Ace conclusive because it specifies the happy-go-lucky Arcueid. Fate/ Arcueid never met Roa, so she never went to
    Misaki
    Souya
    in
    and took the Knife of Happiness to become the happy-go-lucky vampire princess. Fate/ Arcueid can still exist the beep bop robot who never woke up again after she ran out of True Ancestors to terminate.

Wouldn't that make it even easier for CM to revive though?

Fate/ Arcueid can still exist the beep bop robot who never woke up again after she ran out of True Ancestors to terminate.
    I'm pretty sure there was a question from the Type-Moon Fes 10th Anniversary that asked if the Moon Cell was related to Crimson Moon and the answer was no and mentioned that the "brain of the planet" still existed somewhere in the Extra world and that's Arc, no? And then in a Famitsu interview when Nasu talked about a possible FGO collab with Tsuki he mentioned that "even if Tsukihime characters were to exist in Fate’s world, more than half of them would be completely different, and that while Arcueid might be the same, Akiha and Shiki would probably never come to Chaldea" so while FGO is a special world like Strange Fake I feel like that lends credence to Arc being able to exist in Fate worlds to an extent.

Hmm, I still can't find Koha-Ace conclusive because it specifies the happy-go-lucky Arcueid. Fate/ Arcueid never met Roa, so she never went to
    Misaki
    Souya
    in
    and took the Knife of Happiness to become the happy-go-lucky vampire princess. Fate/ Arcueid can still exist the beep bop robot who never woke up again after she ran out of True Ancestors to terminate.
    Hrn, I would brush off this sort of word-weaseling if not for DAA still existing in Fate as Superior Dead Apostles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Wouldn't that make it even easier for CM to revive though?
    Fate CM got nuked by Zelretch and human order is stronk, it's a fair bet that the conditions for his return are not favourable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockxas View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a question from the Type-Moon Fes 10th Anniversary that asked if the Moon Cell was related to Crimson Moon and the answer was no and mentioned that the "brain of the planet" still existed somewhere in the Extra world and that's Arc, no?
    She comes from the brain of the moon, which isn't CM but something else. So given CM's absence in Extra I think it does not bear upon the possibility of a Fate Arcueid.

I have a question, when TsukiRe came out people were referring to the characters as Noel for the nun and Noelle for the DA, is this another thing mucked up by the translation or was it never a distinction in the first place?

Or did they go with DA Noel to confirm its Normal Noel transformed cuz calling her Noelle might make people think its a evil twin or something?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Noelle was never a thing.