Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263171 ... LastLast

Thread: Melty Blood: Type Lumina

I know, but I'm saying in my opinion he shouldn't have been because as a reveal he's more interesting then DAN, both for people who have and haven't played the remake (IMO).

I also acknowledge that the reveal might not be DAN but she's the most likely Tsukihime remake spoiler character.

Edit: I always thought she had a good chance of getting in (though the pre-equal spin-off nature of the game might have hampered that) but she never felt last reveal material.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Vlov featured heavily on pre-release trailers, so there's no reason to save him for last.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's officially midnight JST and no announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

I guess that is an issue, only DAN was a new character who wasn't spoilered and had fighting game material in Blue Glass (besides Luminous Body Arc but I have doubts that could be made to work as anything but a non-playerable boss) which is why I thought a guest character or someone like Aoko was more likely for the last reveal.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    I'm just happy that they explicitly mentioning that the last character being a spoiler for TsukiRe killed the fake Saber leak.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    In the end it's Saber anyway and it's actually spoiling her guest appearance in Sacchin's route.
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    I kind of got the feeling that this game is a glorified ad for TsukiRe since it was announced. I think claiming otherwise is simply incorrect.

Doesn't mean I'm not interested, but it is what it is I guess.
    Calling it an ad just rubs me the wrong way. Are we forgetting that Japan into fighting games? I get that the genre is not for you, and it might not have the expectations you’re looking for, but for the FGC(fighting game community) this game is a big deal.

Saying something like “claiming otherwise is simply incorrect” is just you devaluing the work put into it. And the possibilities it might bring.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Enchants View Post
    Calling it an ad just rubs me the wrong way. Are we forgetting that Japan into fighting games? I get that the genre is not for you, and it might not have the expectations you’re looking for, but for the FGC(fighting game community) this game is a big deal.

Saying something like “claiming otherwise is simply incorrect” is just you devaluing the work put into it. And the possibilities it might bring.
    Oh you misunderstand me, but I admit looking back on my comment I did come of too harsh in my meaning, so that's on me. I'll expand on my thoughts.

I fall into the category of 'is interested in FGs, but is too lazy/shit to get good and commit to them'. I've been looking at an FG to try and commit to for a while, and since TL is a cross of my interests, I am currently planning on getting it. Hell, I've even downloaded the MBAA community patch a couple of days ago and have tried out some characters and combos. I am not trying to devalue the fucking outstanding work that French Bread is putting into this game.

Me saying that this game is an ad was kind of in reesponse to WishyWashy's comments about the roster size and stuff like that. Being a tie-in to TsukiRe actually fucked the game over in several ways:
    1) a smaller roster size because they can't really use Far Side stuff (I personally doubt Sacchin is gonna be in because you can bet your ass Nasu's gonna buff her - but they can't spoil that, of course) or even mainstay characters like Sion (because this game ties in to TsukiRe and isn't a sequel to Tsukihime's story like OG Melty was)
    2) whatever story it's gonna have is probably gonna be uninteresting because they can't spoil too much stuff from the VN, but they also can't really do a new storyline like TATARI because, once again, they're not gonna do Sion's storyline
    3) people who wanna get into Melty's/Tsuki's story aren't gonna have an easy time since the remake isn't gonna get released in the West, so what they're left with is a VN from 2001 made by 6 people which, as much as we here all hate to admit, isn't that appealing to most people
    4) more characters who are actually pretty cool and would grab people's attention, like Merem and Gransurg, are not coming anytime soon since GOD KNOWS NASU IS KNOWN FOR FUCKING ADVANCING THE STORYLINES OF HIS VNs

Me calling it an ad was not an insult. Like I LOVE Gundam, but calling it anything other than a glorified ad for plastic is just plain wrong. That doesn't mean that it isn't an amazing franchise full of absolutely amazing stuff. Same thing for Kamen Rider. It's an ad for kids toys, but godfuckingdamnit it's an ad for kids toys that can make a grown man bawl his eyes out.

Only thing I disagree with you is the second part. Like, Tsuki fans like us and Melty vets are pretty excited, but the rest of the FGC is to busy making the millionth bathroom/drip joke to be excited. The game already has rollback netcode, so I guess they had to find SOMETHING to incessantly bitch about.

TL;DR French Bread as always doing God's work but the bullshit surrounding the remake's circumstances is severely limiting their creative freedom and the amount of content the game has at its disposal

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Didn't they say from the beginning that this was never meant to be OG Melty, and that the OG Melty Blood and Sion's plot would be remade in a different game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Problem I see is that Blue Glass is attracting quite the attention not just in Japan where its selling quite well, but even over here despite Type Moons baffling descsion, the new VN is being talked about thanks to the word of mouth from Fate popularity and the years of hype from the Tsukihime fanbase, and some of this word of mouth is spreading to Melty Blood and attracting new eyes to this latest release.

This is the perfect time to get some of these fans attracted to Melty Blood as well, but if this is as hampered by being an ad for the region locked VN as we worry, then it might not retain the attention for when the Far Side edition and continuation of Sion's story is released. That's my worry (besides the obvious fact I spent money on the game and hope it's fun)

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    I mean yeah but at the rate TM releases stuff another game is gonna happen in like 12 years.

I am afraid this game is gonna become a Discord fighter by that time. Truly the worst of all timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishy-Washy View Post
    Problem I see is that Blue Glass is attracting quite the attention not just in Japan where its selling quite well, but even over here despite Type Moons baffling descsion, the new VN is being talked about thanks to the word of mouth from Fate popularity and the years of hype from the Tsukihime fanbase, and some of this word of mouth is spreading to Melty Blood and attracting new eyes to this latest release.
    Yes I also forgot to mention this. Lack of momentum in being able to release new versions/games due to TM's release schedule is gonna be the game's killer.
    Last edited by ResidentSeagull; September 23rd, 2021 at 02:52 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    New versions of old Meltan came out very frequently even as TYPE-MOON took so many years making Mahoyo

Blog Entries
    I think you have no idea how heavily this game is spreading in the aFGC. It is poised to be the big title which contends with Strive. Almost everybody is looking at and talking about this game. French Bread has spent 9 years waiting to make this game, UNI was developed because they wanted to make a game but couldn't make an HD Melty, which was what they wanted to make.

And FTR almost every fighting game is currently a "discord fighter," do not be fooled by SFV having a decent 'ranked' matchmaking or Strive having its towers. Do not also be fooled by cloutmonsters who toss around "discord fighter" like an insult, because they're stupid. Everyone is lobbying up via discord. If you want quality games, you find a quality player and ask to play them. That is the case for every single FG.

Blog Entries
    In the aFGC, and fuck, the FGC in general, Melty is more well known than Fate.
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What's the a stand for in aFGC? America? Asia? Anime?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully the last character will be Aoko because tsukihime starts with Aoko and ends with Aoko.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nothing about Aoko is a spoiler, so I wouldn't bet on her.

Now watch this comment age poorly in 57 minutes from now.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    What's the a stand for in aFGC? America? Asia? Anime?
    aNIME
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Welp, that was extremely underwhelming.

Wew lad

Long Skirt looks majestic as always.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Reddit eats shit, all is as it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3