Page 16 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212666 ... LastLast

Thread: Melty Blood: Type Lumina

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Definitely wouldn't have predicted that spoiler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    but this game will have dlc in the future, right?

US Friend Code
    No way it won't

Blog Entries
    She is an easy character to use
    Lumina's really changing Arc's gameplay, isn't it?
    Call me 想φαγω.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    I get this vague feeling from your posts that you're looking down on people who don't share your view, which is what it is, but at least take a moment to snort some common sense between those hits of pretension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    My opinion is better than your opinion, so it isn't up for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun
    Telling us that you're rich is not going to make anyone stop laughing at you for believing in self-insert NTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post
    You seriously underestimate the human potential for wanting to fuck stuff, my dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan
    Welcome to BL, new user. Don't forget to fate/stay mad

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    steam version of course.

so next character prediction
    Vlov
    Neco Arc
    Noel Rosie Ann
    Eco Arc
    long skirt Arc
    Spoiler:
    Long skirt Arc could just be a customization option. Unless if I remember correctly, they managed to incorporate her original long skirt as some sort of power-up within the remake. So maybe she could be a separate character slot? Who knows.

Shield seems so powerful in this Melty. Not that its a bad thing.

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Not gonna lie, I was planning on just getting the base version of the game but the amount of content that seems to come with the deluxe edition has me tempted to take the plunge for the whole thing. We'll see though... I usually play PC, but I bought a Switch from a friend on discount just for this game. And I don't know how good Switch is as far as moving files between devices.

Spoiler:
    I was hoping Aoko would make it into the base roster for the game, but it seems that I still have longer to wait. Oh well... I can play Ciel until then. Better than one friend who's still holding out hope for Ryougi.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm wondering who I'll end up playing when this releases. Every time I played Melty previously, I used a character who's not in this one (yet). So unless there's a Sion or Ries revel coming in the next two weeks, I'll be starting from scratch.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by naschyamamoto View Post
    Not gonna lie, I was planning on just getting the base version of the game but the amount of content that seems to come with the deluxe edition has me tempted to take the plunge for the whole thing.
    I'm on the same boat. The PC version will eventually be pirated so...

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Less "eventually" and more like "immediately." The PC piracy scene is extremely fast... unless the game is gonna use Denuvo and the Steam page is not telling us, of course.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Temflakes403 View Post
    Lumina's really changing Arc's gameplay, isn't it?
    I don't know about that. All the characters we've seen got the least amount of specials out of their Crescent moon despite it being the original moon, and this somewhat makes sense if you want to make the game less jank. Arcueid is the only one who got her entire C-kit back thus far, and C-Arc was obnoxiously powerful on very basic level. Sure tk sonic isn't easy, but you don't need it to make somebody throw their stick at the screen in rage.

Most likely all that happened was that they took C-Arc and removed her combo potential by removing 63214x, which still leaves her a pain in the ass to play against, and 'an easy character to play'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enchants View Post
    Shield seems so powerful in this Melty. Not that its a bad thing.
    It looks stupid is what it looks like. Like Act Cadenza on drugs, because you seem to be able to do stuff out of getting shielded. I really hope that something gets figured out soon that ensures this isn't jankenpon like the clash 'defensive mechanic' Soulcalibur.

Living Dead Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    I don't know about that. All the characters we've seen got the least amount of specials out of their Crescent moon despite it being the original moon, and this somewhat makes sense if you want to make the game less jank. Arcueid is the only one who got her entire C-kit back thus far, and C-Arc was obnoxiously powerful on very basic level. Sure tk sonic isn't easy, but you don't need it to make somebody throw their stick at the screen in rage.

Most likely all that happened was that they took C-Arc and removed her combo potential by removing 63214x, which still leaves her a pain in the ass to play against, and 'an easy character to play'.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks stupid is what it looks like. Like Act Cadenza on drugs, because you seem to be able to do stuff out of getting shielded. I really hope that something gets figured out soon that ensures this isn't jankenpon like the clash 'defensive mechanic' Soulcalibur.
    The *teleports behind u* out of shield is reactable in the matches we've seen and Arc's Shield Bunker looks mad punishable on whiff if you bait it in the second vs. Akiha vid. The Akiha player had some basic setups catching Arc's toes with Seifuku 22X off of air shielded Jedah ring, too.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    The Vanish also costs half your moon gauge which makes it about comparable to H-Moon bunker, except for some reason it leads into a combo. Sure it's reactable, but DBFZ is the last game I want melty to take inspiration from. More worrying is that if you can do the Vanish, you can also activate Moon Drive.

The issue is basically that shield is no longer a parry but rather a forced clash where one side has only very slightly fewer options. That's going to be mad jank. This approach is likely caused by the introduction of a time stop mechanic in Moon Drive which would make shielding too easy. Kamoneeeee
    Last edited by Ratman; September 15th, 2021 at 05:56 PM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    I just want the game to be out already so the character design Discourse™ can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    I just want the game to be out already so the character design Discourse™ can die.
    lol for those 'no drip' nonsense.

they just don't understand the origin and essentials of this game.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    The problem with this whole situation is that fighting games/modern anime need to sell people with their characters at a single glance, thus needing to design them much more extravagantly. What people also don't understand is that Melty Blood is an adaptation of an already existing property, so it doesn't need to necessarily sell new people on the game. These characters already have pre-existing legacy. The games never went 'Hey look at these cool characters! Wanna buy our game to play as them!?', but rather 'Hey look all your favourite characters from Tsukihime beating the shit out of each other! Wanna buy our game!?'. Only problem with that in this instance is that Tsuki doesn't really have a lot of cultural relevance in the West outside of a small group of people (namely us).

A good number of people from the FGC being bored pissbabies who will bitch and moan about the sky being blue is also a fact that doesn't really help the matter.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave

MAID FIGHT MAID FIGHT

oh no, not the properties!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentSeagull View Post

MAID FIGHT MAID FIGHT
    >1:41

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.