Page 39 of 112 FirstFirst ... 29343738394041444989 ... LastLast

Thread: Melty Blood: Type Lumina

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I'm confident in my connection only, not my skill, but fuck it, I'm down to hang out and lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    What Gau said.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's what fighting games are for. No one ever expects to win.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Finally figuring out the DP input, and it feels great.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    damn boss rush is hard.

gotta main Miyako for a while.

How do you unlock boss rush?

Clear all other story modes

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Noel's trials making you go from 2c>623bb is a bitch. Try it on the analog stick and she throws out a key. And the buttons are a single pad so the 2c ends up being a 3c launcher instead half the time.

Arc's 22a>66c is annoying too, tank god all her strings were about throw followups and Berserker Barrage cancels. It's really satisfying to sub out the EX Claws for Stringer at the end. Only a bit more damage, but it's fun seeing her Maximum Spidering Ciel.

I really like that the trials let you slow down the speed to 30% so you can work your way up to big boy speeds. They even have a "eh, you tried" icon for nailing it at less speeds, so you know what you suck at. Wish BBTag had that.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I need a tip to deal with being 'walled' as a newbie in general. What am I supposed to do against that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Noel's trials making you go from 2c>623bb is a bitch. Try it on the analog stick and she throws out a key. And the buttons are a single pad so the 2c ends up being a 3c launcher instead half the time.

Arc's 22a>66c is annoying too, tank god all her strings were about throw followups and Berserker Barrage cancels. It's really satisfying to sub out the EX Claws for Stringer at the end. Only a bit more damage, but it's fun seeing her Maximum Spidering Ciel.

I really like that the trials let you slow down the speed to 30% so you can work your way up to big boy speeds. They even have a "eh, you tried" icon for nailing it at less speeds, so you know what you suck at. Wish BBTag had that.
    You can lower the speed? Damn, I need to do that.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I need a tip to deal with being 'walled' as a newbie in general. What am I supposed to do against that?
    What do you mean by walled? As in being bounced off the wall? Nothing. If you mean they're blocking everything, then grab them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If this was any other Melty Blood game, I'd have interpreted this as "beaten by Wallachia".

By walled you mean getting cornered? You can superjump (down then jump in succession) or double jump airdash away.

Been stumped for a while about this, but in one of Arcueid's novice missions, you're asked to input down down A and then forward forward C, but I cannot get it to work like the demo says it should. How does one do it?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    did you hold the down button?

also to make things easier to write you should imagine direction buttons as numpad.

ex: down=2, forward=6 (if you are on left), neutral=5
    Last edited by AmADo VII; October 3rd, 2021 at 11:59 PM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enchants View Post
    By walled you mean getting cornered? You can superjump (down then jump in succession) or double jump airdash away.
    yeah, cornered. I know I need to wait until the combo ends. But typically they attack again when I get up from being downed and sometimes they are able to go through my blocks. I don't know how to deal with it.

yeah, cornered. I know I need to wait until the combo ends. But typically they attack again when I get up from being downed and sometimes they are able to go through my blocks. I don't know how to deal with it.
    I’m still at work. For now i want you a video of fighting game glossary. To help you have basic idea of how fighting games work in general. This video should help you your question as well because thats one of the hurdles a new player faces. I hope you dont mind.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Ah thank you!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd suggest using shield instead of block, then whenever you feel too trapped you can shield counter out. Then all you have to worry about is if they know when you're planning on countering and are baiting it out to hit you when you're recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Been stumped for a while about this, but in one of Arcueid's novice missions, you're asked to input down down A and then forward forward C, but I cannot get it to work like the demo says it should. How does one do it?

Yeah that was the one I was complaining about earlier. You should probably try using the directional pad since it's way easier to do double inputs on there. Still it took me a few minutes of mashing to get those two missions done. (You have to do it again right after as aerials)

There are few ways to deal with it. Shielding is the easiest. Another, depending on a the character, is doing an invincible move/reversal. Or just block. Which means appropriately blocking standing up when the opponent is up in the air or crouch block when they’re attacking crouching.

Blocking is something to get used to and not be able to master overnight. Most of the time when people finish a jumping attack sequence, they tend to go for a low afterwards.

Another way to get people off you is use ‘Heat’ (a + b + c) if you meet the condition to use it.

Hope that helps.