A long, long time ago, in an IRC chat far, far away, I did a foolish thing. Perhaps very foolish. I promised that I would eventually make an RP with content of a somewhat... adult nature to some of the other members of this Forum. One in particular, who said he'd never played such a game. I had, and had found it to be roughly as enjoyable as any other RP. Likewise, I'd known others who had, and did so regularly on other sites.

I'd also had a less pleasant time with similar content in Dungeons and Dragons, but that's a story for another time.

For one reason or another, this horrible idea popped back into my mind, as it's wont to do on occasion, and left me wondering if there's actually any interest here for an RP where eros is accepted, or even a major element. It's also left me wondering what my fellow Forumites think of the concept, whether they've played something like it before and how it went if they did. So, here it is. A list of questions for you to look over, respond to, and talk about. If you're comfortable with it, of course.

1. Have you ever taken part in an erotic RP online? If so, how did it go and did you have fun?
  2. What do you think of the idea of a Play-by-Post RP where sex and sexuality are major elements?
  3. Would you be interested in joining such an RP?
  4. If you're not interested, why?
  5. Would someone joining such an RP change how you think about them?
  6. What kind of problems do you think might arise from running or participating in such an RP, and how do you think they should be handled?

I know, this is an extremely Cursed topic, and technically something that could have been dumped into RP Discussion. However, I didn't feel like that was quite appropriate, and I'm genuinely curious about the opinions and ideas of the folks here.