View Poll Results: How do you feel about Roleplays with erotic content?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gross, keep it away.

1 10.00%
  • Not interested.

4 40.00%
  • I don't know.

0 0%
  • I don't really care either way. RP is RP.

3 30.00%
  • Sounds mildly interesting.

2 20.00%
  • I like it, they're not bad.

0 0%
  • Sign me up!

0 0%

Thread: Ladies and Gentlemen of Culture - A Few Questions, if you Would

Blog Entries

Ladies and Gentlemen of Culture - A Few Questions, if you Would

A long, long time ago, in an IRC chat far, far away, I did a foolish thing. Perhaps very foolish. I promised that I would eventually make an RP with content of a somewhat... adult nature to some of the other members of this Forum. One in particular, who said he'd never played such a game. I had, and had found it to be roughly as enjoyable as any other RP. Likewise, I'd known others who had, and did so regularly on other sites.

I'd also had a less pleasant time with similar content in Dungeons and Dragons, but that's a story for another time.

For one reason or another, this horrible idea popped back into my mind, as it's wont to do on occasion, and left me wondering if there's actually any interest here for an RP where eros is accepted, or even a major element. It's also left me wondering what my fellow Forumites think of the concept, whether they've played something like it before and how it went if they did. So, here it is. A list of questions for you to look over, respond to, and talk about. If you're comfortable with it, of course.

1. Have you ever taken part in an erotic RP online? If so, how did it go and did you have fun?
    2. What do you think of the idea of a Play-by-Post RP where sex and sexuality are major elements?
    3. Would you be interested in joining such an RP?
    4. If you're not interested, why?
    5. Would someone joining such an RP change how you think about them?
    6. What kind of problems do you think might arise from running or participating in such an RP, and how do you think they should be handled?

I know, this is an extremely Cursed topic, and technically something that could have been dumped into RP Discussion. However, I didn't feel like that was quite appropriate, and I'm genuinely curious about the opinions and ideas of the folks here.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

i mean as long as we're not going full FATAL it's probably alright

honestly an issue that can creep a lot of people out is the issue of 'are we just cybering', and that a clear (VERY CLEAR) distinction should be made between you, the player, and the character you are portraying in the story.

the line can blur sometimes and it gets super creepy and that's not fun

there's nothing inherently wrong with the portrayal and writing of sexual encounters between characters, but it has to be done somewhat delicately.

not saying it'll turn into a horrorzone of RAPE RAPE RAPE HAHA YOU GOT RAPED but like that's a worst case that can come to mind if people want to be idiots about it

i personally see nothing against it, and would probably give it a try at least once, but i fully understand people not being comfortable with it

Blog Entries
    Yeah, cybering wasn't quite what I had in mind when I opened up these questions. I've known people that liked that, but there's no denying it's not for everyone... or that posting what is by nature really just meant for the private consumption of the parties involved is cringey and creepy.

What I was thinking of is more what was described as "collaborative lemon writing." Going into an RP knowing that in-game sex can happen and is approved, or even encouraged (say, with a stat boost like the Nasuverse or a libido tracker like certain text games). It's also going in knowing that there are rules and standards for it, like putting scenes behind spoilers and tagged with content labels, or having mechanics in place that allow players to fight back against unwanted advances. That way you don't end up with unwanted shower molestations without at least being able to fight back. Or have to read through some guy lewding the waifu he fanboys and white knights for if you don't want to. It means going into the game forewarned and fore-armed that these kinds of things can happen and whether or not you want to participate in them or the RP itself, as well as how to deal with them when they do.

It also means going into the game knowing that you and everyone else have agreed that you're willing to participate in that kind of thing, even if you haven't made the extent of it clear. I don't see it so much as just erotica for it's own sake as I do acknowledging that there's a place for it in RP and storytelling while trying to address it in a responsible manner.

EDIT: Also, thanks for responding. A lot of people have looked, but no one seems willing to actually discuss the topic here, and cluttering up the Discord with it doesn't seem right.
    Last edited by Twelveseal; April 1st, 2021 at 08:49 AM.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see