Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Create our own Mythologic /Historic Reconstruction or Concepts

Blog Entries
    Well, this time I'll be working on my first One Shot related to the Lostbelt. You could say it is a series of 'prequel' chapters leading up to the actual start of the Lostbelt proper, which will be posted in here as a fanfiction.

Even so, I'd like to ask those of you who have been following my work if its been understandable to you all so far. Or if there are any concepts that you would like me to turn back and give a more in depth analysis of?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Well, this time I'll be working on my first One Shot related to the Lostbelt. You could say it is a series of 'prequel' chapters leading up to the actual start of the Lostbelt proper, which will be posted in here as a fanfiction.

Even so, I'd like to ask those of you who have been following my work if its been understandable to you all so far. Or if there are any concepts that you would like me to turn back and give a more in depth analysis of?
    Although i must still read part three i must say ist understandable for me , About the more in depth Analysis would i say that has time still for later although i am curious About that Brazilean Mage Organisation aswell These Divine Trees , after your Lore would the Nordic Yggdrasil be also a Divine Tree as this was the World Tree ? and i read that also in the Slavic Mythology a similar significant Tree existed .

beside thanks for you tipps i found the solution with the table layout Wyvern gracias or what does "Thank you " mean in your countries Language actually ? and thats the link to my Lostbelt ,i am curious About your oppinion .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

I feel like it's understandable, at least for me ! I'll be waiting for your oneshot, then (but don't overwork yourself, haha).

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After reading Vance' latest sheet and a comment on my Greek Reconstruction blog I got to think about the Nasuverse spin on it.
    I was wondering what actually happened when the 12 Pillars landed on earth. They probably did not inhabit a region that was for some reason without native gods. And according to lore afaik the Elder Titans never arrived here, so why are they still somewhat present in the Nasuworld like Chirons parentage?

The first concept idea that came to my mind would be that there are certain native gods of greece that more or less opposed the machines claim of lordship over greece. Somehow through association of these natives with the roles of the Titans from the side of the machines they were called these names instead of their real ones.
    So if we consider Cybele as an Earth Mother for humanity and her role, I would say the machines equated her with Rhea. In mythology there was often a syncretism between Titan Cronos of harvest and Orvidian Primordial Khronos of time, so perhaps in Nasuverse their roles are switched and the Machine Titan had the time powers (as hinted with Khaos being a space-time fortress in LB5, then Cronos as the next flagship should have at least time powers) and a native harvest equivalent.
    So on and so forth.
    But to in the best case complete the 12 Titans I would have to dig deep in the more archaeological aspect of greek mythology of who were the first gods actually worshipped in that region outside of the myths from Ovid and Hesiod. Probably Minoan stuff, Ponthus and Thalassa, the original Water Gods are probably Tethys and Okeanos then.
    As this is literally just a shower thought right now, I wanted to throw it out there and see what others might think of this concept and if they have some old, even vague gods in mind that chronologically predate the worship of the regular olympians that could take on these roles.

I also think that Eris probably was a big goddess before the machines arrived and gained her role because she still opposed them in more "modern" myths
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Hm. It might possibly be more fruitful to divide the Greek pantheon according to whichever names can be satisfactorily sussed out as of Indo-European origins (Zeus, most obviously) versus those that... aren't (Hera, amusingly enough, and Poseidon too).

Of course, such a breakdown would be in direct conflict with Nasu's machine gods, but then again... yeah, I'm not terribly in love with the concept to begin with, so...
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Hm. It might possibly be more fruitful to divide the Greek pantheon according to whichever names can be satisfactorily sussed out as of Indo-European origins (Zeus, most obviously) versus those that... aren't (Hera, amusingly enough, and Poseidon too).

Of course, such a breakdown would be in direct conflict with Nasu's machine gods, but then again... yeah, I'm not terribly in love with the concept to begin with, so...
    i for my part have entirerly decide the treat the Machine thing as lost belt exlusively i acept when others are going along with that but i go with that they are Indigenous Gods like the others without extraterrestrial part , as i try to harmonize also the protogenoi in it respectively the Titanogenois .

Blog Entries
    Totally understandable. I didn't like the idea of the Greek pantheon as machine gods when I first heard of it, and I don't like it now, myself.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    fine if you two disregard that part of the Nasuverse, but I like to play around it.
    Its like asking for an android specific problem and hearing that iOS is better.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    South America of the Nasuverse (Part 4)

Well, it would appear that our time is running short.

But before we finish today’s lecture I’d like to do a quick overview about the lifecycle of Sacred Trees and their connection to Traditional South American magecraft and its influence in today’s efforts of conservation and repopulation of the special areas where fantasy remains the dominant factor over reality.

The Encantaria.

But first, to understand the progression… or shall I say, regression of Traditional Mystics in the New World, we must understand the cycle through which Sacred Trees grow and what we can theorize about the Divine Trees which came before them.

First and foremost, let’s start with what I call the ‘blossoming’.

When a group of people dedicate their worship, their belief, towards a specific type of tree, it becomes what you would refer to as a Mystic Tree. A tree which is in the process of adventing into what we call Geographic Interference Terminals. These Mystic Trees lack the ability to directly interfere with reality as Sacred Trees would, nor can they establish and pin down a concept such as the ‘Biosphere’ as the original Divine Trees were capable of.

Instead, you could think of them as the lowest level of a Phantasmal Species.

Mystic Trees could be considered lesser limbs of a greater whole. And indeed, many families dedicate entire generations to harvesting, sowing and nurturing Mystic Trees to expand the range and effectiveness of a greater species.

A grove of Mystic Trees, surrounding the main body of its original Sacred Counterpart, creates what is known in Botany as a ‘Sacred Grove’, a term borrowed from Druid practices in the Old World. Many Druids who journeyed here actually took up the practice and are staunch supporters of those Magus from more… shall we say… traditional bends of the Academia.

“That sounds dangerously close to Einnashe, Broccoli.”

I assure you, Ms. Aozaki. While the concept is similar, a Sacred Grove has a different origin point than the Thinking Forest. It goes without saying that most Groves haven’t absorbed the blood of a Dead Apostle Ancestor. Nor are they capable of reproducing by feeding on blood.

Things would become quite complicated if that were the case.

The only similarity is that certain breeds of Mystic Tree may suddenly evolve into Sacred Trees if they are exposed to the remains of a Phantasmal Species of similar or greater rank. Though it is treated as a rarity and not the usual. Issues of compatibility can and will cause less than desirable effects.

It is but one possible manner in which a Sacred Tree may develop.

The most common method is the accumulation of time.

Mystic Trees could be considered familiars, branches of a greater whole without any ability beyond exchanging energy and information amongst themselves. When many Mystic Trees develop and link together, it is common for one amongst them, the Elder Tree, to develop a degree of autonomy.

It grows, its reach expands and it becomes capable of reflecting the desires and delusions of others into its surroundings.

When these groves are inhabited by the likes of Phantasmal Species and Magus, they may develop into small pockets where the reflection of the inhabitant’s desires causes the surroundings themselves to warp. In many beliefs, these pockets inhabited by beings of Mystery are called the ‘Encantaria’.

And they are the backbone of Traditional South American Magecraft.

‘But how do these relate to the Divine Trees?’

You might ask.

Putting it simply, the final method through which a Sacred Tree may be spawned relates to the Deterioration of the Age of Gods. When Mystery began to decay and the once vast number of Divine Trees slowly dwindled into a handful which survived into the Age of Beasts.

A period we don’t know much of.

The Age of Beasts, similar to the period in British history known as the Age of Fairies, was a time of transition between the Age of Gods and Age of Man where the vast territories of the New World was ruled not by Gods, or by Man, but by the Apex Predators which survived the Deterioration.

As mentioned at the start of our lecture, Phantasmal Species of the highest rank spawned by the Divine Trees as a safety mechanism to safeguard them against outside threats. You could think of these beasts as the epitome of biological life developed by the Divine Trees through the manipulation of data which was accumulate over the course of millions of years,

The timeline we have put together thus far read as thus.

14.000 B.C - Age of Gods
    12.000 B.C - Deterioration
    2.600 B.C - Separation

This has been established as the point where Divine Spirits and their influence on the world begins to fail. However, it should be noted that the decay of the Age of Gods took longer to occur in certain locations. One example we know of being the British Isles as a result of a multitude of factors.

The New World, or at the very least the areas which were inhabited by the few remaining Divine Trees left in the world, begin to wane and vanish. In their place giving birth to the Sacred Trees due to the accumulation of mystery and shared belief of the local population, the Sacred Trees could be seen as lesser copies.

Chief amongst them being the subcategory of Sacred Trees which have sprouted from the scattered remains of Divine Trees which were scattered during the beginning stages of Deterioration. While these pieces lacked the ability to sprout new Divine Trees, they became the blueprint off of which all Sacred Trees were patterned off. With Mystic Trees acting merely as the tools through which they expanded their range.

At this point it becomes a game.

What came first, the offshoot Sacred Trees which sprouted from the remains of Divine Trees?

Mystic Trees fueled by the belief and wonder of humans? Eventually blossoming into Sacred Trees of their own?

It is hard to tell and even now we don’t know everything there is to them.

700 B.C - Trigger
    0 A.D - Age of Man
    ??? A.D - Age of Fairies*
    ??? A.D - Age of Beasts*

While we can’t point out the exact time where the Age of Man began its transition. We know for a fact that areas like the Amazon Forest, Great Britain, and the North and South Poles experienced a slower decay, creating small pockets of time where transitional Ages would take place.

With Britain, it was the Age of Fairies.

With South America, it was the Age of Beasts.

But as the Age of Man progressed, the Age of Beasts eventually came to an end when Mystery finally began its steep decay across the New World. Leaving behind only small pockets where the influence of Mystery yet persists. The explosive population growth of humanity eventually caused even the Apex Predators of the Age of Beasts to dwindle and eventually vanish from the world.

The few areas where these creatures may be found, alongside Sacred Trees and their respective Groves are what we have collected reffered to as the Encantaria.

And of course, there are those who still hold onto the remaining mysteries of the Age of Beasts.

In particular, those who possess the Beast Factor seek to regress past their humanity and achieve the apex existence which ruled the New World during the Age of Beasts. They are similar in part to the Mixed Bloods which have been recorded in Japan. The descendants of both humans and Oni. Though the cases we have in archive are much more similar to Therianthropy.

There are also those who hold onto the remains of Divine Trees.

Though we cannot be sure of how many there are left, most if not all Sacred Trees have long since vanished from the world. With only a few recorded examples left. Maintaining the area where they reside has proven to be one of the greatest challenges for modern practitioners.

Those like Mr. Nesthesia and Ms. Niemeyer are amongst the very few who still seek out ways to rekindle the relationship between humanity, the Divine Trees, and the Apex Predators. Even amongst the most traditional of their kind, you will always find a divide between the Conservationists and Regressionists.

“You guys seem to enjoy having all this internal drama.”

You’re the last person I will accept advice on ‘internal drama’ from, Ms. Aozaki.

“Heh. Touché. Broccoli."

“That still doesn’t explain why those two are researching the Primordial Human. Even in prime conditions, Humanity has already diverged too far in terms of genetics for any one to ever find the right combination of genes to recreate the ‘original’.”

You’d think so. But let’s say that they were indeed capable of obtaining and nurturing a Divine Tree into being. That very same Divine Tree would be connected to the original even if they were in the Reverse Side of the World. Originals which possess the data on every living organism which has developed over the course of hundreds of thousands if not millions of years.

Humanity chief amongst them.

“Ballsy. But finding the right conditions for ‘blossoming’ a Sacred Tree would be difficult if not near impossible in the Age of Man. If the offshoots are that difficult to develop, I can’t begin to think how much more trying it would be to recreate the environment in which the Divine Trees existed.”

A word in private, Ms. Aozaki.

You must think me a fool.

“Despite what you might think, Pindovy. I am not so crass a woman as to disregard a practitioner of the same Rank as myself.”

You have a strange way of showing it. Regardless, I would like to hear your opinion.

“About your lecture?”

About those two. Delfinger Nesthesia and Lidyavogel Niemeyer.

“Well, that boy’s name ain’t fooling nobody. Obvious alias. And the girl looked like she could make for a good assistant. But I don’t think my finances would survive hiring someone like that.”

Be serious, Aozaki.

What do you make of them?

“Have you ever heard the name Kirschtaria?”

The Rising Star of the Clocktower?

“Very same. Well, there’s a saying back in London. That there are two kinds of geniuses. Those who will always succeed at what’s possible. And those who will succeed at achieving the impossible. The former, like Kirschtaria Wodime, are much more desirable as heirs and students. They will push the boundaries of possibilities and establish better paths for others to follow.”

And the former?

“Those geniuses who aim for what’s impossible are the most dangerous ones. They aren’t content with what’s possible. Aren’t interested in following the steps left behind for them. More often than not, they start making waves and causing trouble. I knew a guy like that back in London.”

I can understand why you might get along.

“Nah, Daybit was the strong silent type. Didn’t like discussing his projects.”

Your point is?

“Listen, those kids aren’t thinking about whether what they’re trying to do is possible or not. Even if its impossible, they’ll try to do it anyway. It’s a dangerous kind of characteristic to have and might get them in trouble. The boy reminds me of Wodime, looking for an option within the realm of possibility that he can grasp. The girl is far more likely to succeed and far more likely to make a mess out of it.”

I feared that.

Speaking from the point of view as an educator, there is not much I can provide them without causing a schism between the Faculties of the Academia. Mavericks like those two are a priceless necessity these days, but very few will accept their way of thinking, and many more will attempt to restrain them.

It’s an understandable fear.

The idea that a Divine Tree or Primordial Human might arise in the modern era is… concerning.

“I can always take them off your hands.”

And go where? Those two won’t leave this land without good reason.

“Pindovy. You and I both know that if they don’t leave soon, they will be forced to leave or hunted down for what they are trying to achieve. Whether they like it or not. They will be forced to.”

You seem very well informed for someone who’s visiting our country for the first time.

“What can I say? I’m a fast learner. I also just happen to know someone who might be interested in taking this problem off your hands. They might have mentioned something about needing unorthodox geniuses for their little pet project.”

And who might this secret benefactor be.

“You know what they say, a Lady doesn’t kiss and tell.”

I find that hard to believe coming from you, Aozaki.

“You’re no fun, old man.”

The name, if you will.

“Marysbury Animusphere.

- [To be Continued] -

The Sound of Thunder
    Chapter 3

Last edited by Wyvern; December 5th, 2021 at 06:55 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit this thread is still alive.

Blog Entries
    It's my personal lore dumping grounds. Why wouldn't I use it?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Your pretty much the only person I know who still uses it. I don’t think many creators go real in-depth into nasuverse lore outside of you or maybe someone else.

Blog Entries
    I kinda have to. I'm making an entirely new foundation for a part of the Nasuverse that doesn't have any outside of Space Bacteria or Type Mercury. So I've had to think up a lot of ways build up this area of Nasuverse, and this Thread isn't used often, so it's pretty easy to navigate and re-read my posts without losing track.

Blog Entries
    It is a playground for me and Koga too.
    One day I will go back to my Reconstructions. Perhaps even in the style of Wyvern, because it is so entertaining and digestible.

Wyvern, it is so interesting, really great work. Have to say so their private talk has parts wrongly colored and "former/latter" is a bit mixed up

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    The space bacteria is more Central American than South American anyway so I’m pretty sure you only have type mercury.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    One day I will go back to my Reconstructions. Perhaps even in the style of Wyvern, because it is so entertaining and digestible.

Wyvern, it is so interesting, really great work. Have to say so their private talk has parts wrongly colored and "former/latter" is a bit mixed up
    Gge i mean right as i will then also show my lore of my Lostbelts as well the basics and am quite far in it .

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    God, I wish I could comment something more eloquent than I LOVE YOUR PROJECT SO MUCH but hey. Sometimes that's all what we have to give to others I hope you know that I LOVE YOUR PROJECT SO MUCH.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post

I'm glad you enjoy my style of exposition that much. It's like trying to write a whole chapter of a story, but trying to fit as much exposition into it as I possibly can!

I'll have to edit better the colors later. But for now the dialogue show be more distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    God, I wish I could comment something more eloquent than I LOVE YOUR PROJECT SO MUCH but hey. Sometimes that's all what we have to give to others I hope you know that I LOVE YOUR PROJECT SO MUCH.
    Thank you very much!

It can be hard keeping up a big project like this. But having someone who knows how much it means to me acknowledge what I'm doing makes all the difference. Also, I hope that by the time this is over, whatever I make might be able to stand up to whatever craziness Lostbelt 7 will be.

Blog Entries
    hoho i bet my left buttcheek in the end your story overall is better. The LB will most likely just have an interesting
    fariy knights/pretender/Oberon
    gimmick/character
    that saves it, but poops on the real background you are so familiar with.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’m betting that one of the Tezcatlipoca’s like Huītzilōpōchtli or even Tezcatlipoca himself will show up despite having nothing to do with South America and save the day.