Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Create our own Mythologic /Historic Reconstruction or Concepts

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Create our own Mythologic /Historic Reconstruction or Concepts

As in the last times one user has made his own reconstruction of the Egyptian Mythology have i finally thought on making this thread as These from the Members made reconstructions are deserving a thread on their own and not just a side discussion on example wise the create a servant thread .

But not only Mythologic themes and Topics but also Historic matters are also should have their place here like Morgs Artorian World build or theories About the nature of jack the Ripper perhaps .

So should this thread be seen as side thread especially for the create a servant thread Crew and Round but also eve4ry other user is welcomed here to bring forth their nasu verse builds here !
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; May 17th, 2021 at 02:35 PM.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Im that one user I guess.
    To insert myself here, this thread can be used to present ideas how certain Pantheons, especially ones unused in the Nasuverse so far, could look like. Ideas how Sefar couldve ravaged their group of gods, how they created the world, interpretations how gods could be (nasu-esque syncretism, conceptual expansion of certain divine domains, how they came to be, etc.) without really needing to make a Servant sheet for it.
    Or perhaps you have ideas for certain mythological themes like the Pillars of Light.

I did not plan it, but I could post something soon here.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Im that one user I guess.
    To insert myself here, this thread can be used to present ideas how certain Pantheons, especially ones unused in the Nasuverse so far, could look like. Ideas how Sefar couldve ravaged their group of gods, how they created the world, interpretations how gods could be (nasu-esque syncretism, conceptual expansion of certain divine domains, how they came to be, etc.) without really needing to make a Servant sheet for it.
    Or perhaps you have ideas for certain mythological themes like the Pillars of Light.

I did not plan it, but I could post something soon here.
    Actually yes it should be the place where we can discuss These Things , freely without to making immediatly servants out of it . and yes you were the one i made this thread as i since a Long time thought on such a thread .

Blog Entries
    Greek Mythology Background (reworked)
    Here I concentrate on the Elder and Younger Titans, their functions based on their domains or names and some just pulled out of my butt for fun. Ideas Olympian Designations are given, early concepts for the generation of gods younger than the Olympians and vague ideas what the Protogenoi are at the very end.

Egyptian Mythology Background
    Explanations of important aspects of Egyptian Mythology, deeper insight in the various creation myths and an attempt to syncretize them. Story-time about everything from the start of time there to the birth of Ra and Apophis and points of the Osiris and Horus vs. Seth fight. Includes the concept of 'Horus is not a god, but a title for gods', the mythological Eyes there and that the Feather of Ma'at is a Pillar of Light.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    The South America of the Nasuverse (Part 1)

Ahem…!

Good evening students! I’m sure you are as surprised to be here as I am. After all, who would expect that the Academia would oversee and enforce a facility-wide seminar on the mechanics of ancient south american textures, their origins, as well as the effects they have in our studies today.

Oh? Who am I?

Goodness me, I forgot to introduce myself.

I am
    Director Pindovy, the head of the Native Mysteries Facility.

What?

Is there something on my face? I had my hair cut recently too…

No matter! You aren’t here to listen about this old man’s love life.

You are here to learn about the beginning. The origin of the many thaumaturgical foundations which dominated this land in the far past and persist to this day. In some ways, tying itself to the origin of humanity!

But first let me tell you about the Trees and their Seeds.

No, not like gardening!

But you wouldn’t be far off in thinking like that.

See, there once existed in this land a certain legend about how humans were grown from seeds by the gods. That all humans in this world were the descendants of the Primordial Humans created from those seeds.

These were the Red, White, Yellow and Black seeds.

Each of these seeds was collected from four different Trees to create the second generation of humans, by the first generation. And following a split, these different groups were somehow compelled to leave and populate the world, traveling as far as they could.

That is the legend in a nutshell.

Hehehe… ‘nutshell’.

So what is the truth behind the myth?

What ties us, those who exist in the present, to this simplistic retelling of events that are far removed from our own?

Why, that would be the trees themselves, wouldn’t it?

In most textures and legends of South America, you will find mentions of trees, fruits and seeds. They form the basic understanding of what the people who lived here during the Age of Gods considered being ‘human’. A being who was created from the earth with life breathed into it by a seed.

Not at all different from legends which claim humans were made from clay by the hand of gods, no?

It is the belief of the Archeological Department of the Native Mysteries faculty that these trees were a nexus of life, that they both recorded, created and spawned life in all shapes and kinds. Terminals used to spread the growth of lifeforms across the world.

Arboreal Terraforming Units, as some would like to call them.

Technical jargon is very unflattering of their true nature.

Why. We could consider the stories about the Tree of Knowledge, the Tree of Nine Realms, the Tree of Enlightenment as possessing similar properties to these ancient terminals.
    Now tell me… if you were an important nexus of life creation and possible terraforming, what would you create first?

Why, protectors, of course!

You cannot allow anything to get in the way of your purpose. Nothing you create would ever dream of posing a threat to you, but this world was not populated just by your creations. This was the Age of Gods, and already many different pantheons had risen to prominence by this point.

So it is logical to develop specimens capable of defending the Trees.

Where did the trees come from?

That’s not what we are here to discuss. I’m sure you have all read articles about the Yucatan and Aletheia. Wondrous findings which might help divine the real nature of the beings selected by this world to wield divine authority. You will be free to follow that line of study should you wish… but let's not deviate from the point of this seminar.

In order to protect themselves, scholars theorize that the Arboreal Terraforming Units created Megafauna of scale unseen since the Cretassic.

Here. This is a reconstruction based on fossils found in the Amazon Basin prepared by the Zoology Department of the Faculty of Ancient Mysteries

This specimen is believed to be a far removed precursor of the Mapinguari. A Phantasmal Beast native to the vast tropical jungles. There are still reports of single individuals to this day, yet their size indicates that their originals were meant to be much larger.

These days you will rarely see one larger than two or three men.

Yet the originals, as the Ancient Mysteries Faculty theorizes, were much more ferocious beasts and not the only guardians developed to defend the Trees from possible threats
    Here is another, this time water-based, life form.

The Ipupiara.

This particular beast was perhaps used to patrol the shores of South America, particularly from the Atlantic front as fossils would indicate. They were smarter than the Mapinguari, but their aggressive behavior lead to constant fight for territory, thus a very small amount of fossils was ever found.

Some theorize that during the decline of the Age of Gods, the smaller Ipupiara moved into the mainland through the rivers.

But those are only a few examples.

What you must be really interested in is the idea of Divine Spirits, yes? Rather, you could consider them to be offshoots of the Divine Trees, or as some of our understudies from the Faculty of East Asian Mysteries would prefer to call them, Bunrei.

These were real avatars created by the trees to act as a governing body and definitive protection system. Selecting or producing specimens capable of wielding the massive energy contained within the trees.

A similar phenomenon would be how the authority of the Earth Mother Goddess became disseminated amongst various deities of the same type. Whether the Trees and Seeds are part of a wider overarching system or function based on the same principles as the Potnia Theron is still a matter for debate.The bunrei created by the Divine Trees were likely just as varied and powerful as the earlier examples of Divine Beasts.

Though we cannot be certain of their original forms, we can assume that eventually the Arboreal Terminals came to utilize human specimens, as various myths and legends will attest, these Divine Spirits were not constrained by any single form and could shapeshift, for a lack of a better term.

Yes?

Oh? Good question. Might I ask your name?

Delfinger’? A very odd name for an odd young man with an odd question. I suppose it fits.

But he does pose an interesting question.

Could the Divine Trees have foreseen the decline of the Age of Gods and shifted their approach towards establishing a symbiotic relationship with mankind? It is a very interesting theory assuming that such existences were capable of making judgement calls and didn’t simply behave as biological factories.

If they were indeed self aware and capable of carrying out strategic functions then these Terminals could, in theory, have predicted the need to establish a link with the growing human population.

Unfortunately none of these ancient Divine Trees currently exist, though you can sometimes find greatly diminished offshoots in species like the Pau-Brasil and Araucária.

It is widely believed that the Portuguese royal family could have come into possession of a particularly old specimen of the former during the 1500’s when one of their navigators made landfall on the shores of South America. Of course, we have no evidence to prove it, but there are Academia records that hint towards the existence of unique mystic codes created from this special tree.

Yes, miss?

Lydia Niemeyer, professor.

Do you have a question, Miss Niemeyer?

Would there not be any danger of the textures overwriting or rejecting one another? In the legend, the humans made by the seeds eventually went to war against one another, didn’t they?

Marvelous question, Miss Niemeyer!

Yes, as the legend says, humans originating from the seeds of the four trees eventually went to war against one another. Do you know why that is? Because they developed a sense of self, culture, beliefs, and language that colored their understanding of the world… and by default, colored the understanding of the Terminals.

Guardians became deities who defended the interests of humans.

Tribes who shared belief systems similar to one another no longer acknowledged each other as products of the same source, because their own evolution made it so the trees no longer acknowledged each other as the same.

So even the smallest difference could make the Trees think of each other as enemies?

Exactly! Language sticks out as particularly important. How could the trees communicate if their bunrei could no longer communicate?

That implies there was some form of unified language…

The language of creation, as attested in the myths, yes.

Here in South America, this phenomenon forms the basis of many foundations and belief systems because of the plentiful number of Arboreal Terminals in a single area instead of how spread they are in other continents.

Of course, these developments preceded the arrival of european explorers and later on immigrants, which further muddled the ‘shared understanding’ of humans, all but preventing them from tapping into the remaining limbs of the Arboreal Terminals.

“And if someone could recreate their initial conditions?”

Well, Mister Delfinger, if one could recreate the conditions where the Divine Trees originally thrived, then they would obtain an entrance to the nexus which first spawned life in this world.

To put it succinctly…

The Root.

To be Continued
    Last edited by Wyvern; June 30th, 2021 at 09:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    Pahahaha Professor Broccoli

very interesting. i am awaiting the next part with baited breath. Can not wait to get the full picture and see what I can do to connect the Brazilian sphere with the Aztec and Incan Sphere. I thought the colors of the seeds can be connected to the four Tezca's, but they had a blue one instead of a yellow one. But i think the mesomericans had 4 world trees too acting as axis mundi for the directions and perhaps a five one as the milky way.

Edit: btw if you need plant people pictures, search for Sylvari from Guild Wars 2. I love that race, their premise in similar, all borm from a divine tree, Mother Tree with a gorgeous Avatar of it.
    Last edited by DelRey; July 1st, 2021 at 05:00 AM.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    That was a really cool read, thanks professor Broccoli! I actually started a Mapinguari sheet some time ago, but never finished it because it sincerely wasn't a really interesting sheet. A Berserker without too much personality, and some very casual skills and NP. Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning more about your South American Nasuverse, I must say that all your stuff that you're doing around your Lostbelt is really cool!

More hype for the Lostbelt ! I'm loving it.
    Thank you prof broccoli, very cool !

Blog Entries
    The South America of the Nasuverse (Part 2)

Back from recess, I see!

Good!

That means we can continue our lecture on the true nature and theorized function of Divine Trees and Sacred Trees.

“Professor?”

Ah, Miss Niemeyer. Is something the matter?

“Earlier you mentioned that no specimens of a Divine Tree could be recovered for study, and that only offshoots remained.”

Yes, that is correct Ms. Niemeyer.

“Then how can we be sure that they functioned the same way? Do we have any proof of the connection between Divine Trees and Sacred Trees?”

Well, just because there are no Divine Trees remaining now doesn’t mean that there were not any in recorded memory, Miss Niemeyer.

“There were?”

Indeed there were!

A little bit over 400 years ago in fact. Though records are sparse due to the Academia only been established around the 1800’s, we have access to records and diaries that go back as far as the 1500’s from the first european colonizers, some of which had ties to magus families of the time.

They would keep little to no registration of their cargo, and often did not keep any records at all to avoid suspicion, but now know that many families were hiring or paying local authorities to turn a blind eye while they sent agents to investigate the mysteries of the New World.

Amongst those records we can find drawings and simple diagrams of massive trees. Easily as large as modern skyscrapers!

“But how could they have missed them if they were so large?”

You would be surprised. A little hypnosis here, a bounded field there. It did not take long for magi at the time to completely hide the existence of these large scale mysteries. Not when the alternative was to have magecraft as a whole exposed.

“So they moved the trees?”

My dear, they did as it was custom at the time. They removed what they could and shipped it back to the Old World.

To this day you will find that many high grade Mystic Codes and family relics are made in some way with materials like gold, wood or something else that was brought from the New World at the time. You could say it was something of a trend, to take advantage of the inherent mystery of something which came from a far off, unknown continent.

Amongst the favored materials, however, one stood out in terms of quality and importance.

Pindovy.

A massive tree which rose over the rest as a mountain rises over the hills. It was a truly massive specimen. The last Divine Tree we have a record of in the New World.

“Pindovy? As in…”

My name, you mean?

It’s not a coincidence that I received this name when I became the Director of Native Mysteries, dear. The Pindovy held deep importance in various myths. In fact, some speculate that its a tree that preceded the very birth of mankind.

So of course it would hold some allure to explorers looking to bring something interesting back.

Or to magi looking for something new to play with.

We don’t have a definitive answer of what happened to it, either. Rather, it feels strange that something so large and beyond human understanding would simply vanish, yes? Though we know that many mysteries departed for the Reverse Side as the Age of Man started settling.

The arrival of explorers merely accelerated the process in the New World.

“Like bursting a bubble?”

Yes, you could say that before the arrival of explorers, the Age of Man had yet to settle in properly in the New World. Even to this day we can find areas in the Amazon Rainforest where the decay of mystery has slowed down.

“So the Divine Tree vanished. But there are still physical pieces of it left?”

If you can convince those who have them under lock and key to show them, yes.

Though I doubt they would comply.

“What of the Sacred Trees? Why didn’t they vanish?”

Please raise your hand if you have to make an interruption in the future, Mr. Delfinger. This is an educational environment and should be treated with respect.

But yes, that is one of the differences between a Divine Tree and their offshoots, the Sacred Trees.

You could say it is the difference between a Divine Spirit and the Gods which preceded the decline of the Age of Gods over ten thousand years ago. You could say that a Divine Tree has a much greater stature, weight and importance to the World than a Sacred Tree which derives its value from the belief of humans around it.
    Sacred Trees like the Andurá and the Carnaúba remained on the world because they were ‘lighter’ presences.

There is also another reason.

But now we are getting into pure theoretical fields.

We are here to study Biospheres, not Texture Anchors.

As modern science understands it, a Biosphere is the sum total of all ecosystems present in the entire world. That is to say, the consensus that all environments follow a pattern which functions based on a number of logical rules established by common convention over the course of hundreds of years of study.

That consensus runs counter to the basic function of a Sacred Tree, which establishes the rules and pattern which shapes the environment surrounding it. Arboreal Terraforming Units, as the most jargon inclined might refer to them.

The Sacred Tree establishes the ‘logic’ through which the environment surrounding it functions.

Which is why the Andurá was supposedly burned every night.

Or how the Araucária spread by using the bodies of those fallen in combat.

Those were ‘laws’ established by the ‘land’.

Many magi believe this to be some form of innate bounded field or texture overwriting inherent to the Sacred Trees and their connection to the land. Not an authority, but a place where the imagination of humans could flourish and spread through the proximity with these Terminals.

In fact, many from the Native Mysteries facility believe that areas like the elusive
    Encantaria are areas where a Sacred Tree might still flourish. Separating them from the rest of the world.
    Ecosystems devoid of any human logic.

“Like a Druid’s Grove?”

[Sigh]

Yes but not quite, Mr. Delfinger. As I understand, a Druid’s Grove is a painstakingly developed place of power. A workshop developed over generations by druids to reject the logic of the outside world.

A Sacred Tree… doesn’t need to be carefully raised.

It’s very nature is one which overwrites the logic of the world around it by reflecting the desires and ‘beliefs’ of those around it. Their relationship with humanity can be considered symbiotic in a way. Which explains why modern offshoots like all but a sliver of mystery.

How could they when those who live around them are in consensus that there is a natural and overarching biosphere over the whole world.

“Not impossible… just difficult.”

Yes, I imagine that you would like nothing more than to find a Sacred Tree of your own. You could say that they are the holy grail of all trees. Second only to the now vanished Divine Trees.

“And if someone were to find one?”

It is not yet time for speculation, Mr. Delfinger. Though if I had to, I would say that a Sacred Tree disconnected from the ‘consensus’ of the Age of Man’s biosphere would be akin to possessing a direct connection with the world itself and a way to enforce your own logic upon it.

Of course, that would be impossible in this day and age.

Unless, of course, you happen to find a fully matured Sacred Tree in the middle of nowhere. One not claimed by the few pockets of people who might find your presence to be intrusive and attempt to remove you on sight, that is.

“You told us what separates a Divine Tree from a Sacred Tree, Professor. But you haven’t told us what their origin is beyond how different their functions are.”

Yes, yes.

I was getting to it.

You see, Sacred Trees can be considered reflections of a Divine Tree created by human belief. Sacred Trees, thus manifested through the trees which humans judged to have importance or holy valour attributed to them and developed into offshoots of what might have been the original Divine Tree humans developed their beliefs around.

Whether Sacred Trees existed as a function of the Divine Tree, or whether they were created as a consequence of the decline of the Age of Gods remains a mystery.

And that mystery is what many of us here have dedicated our lives to studying.

“To become as the original humans… spawned by the Divine Tree.”

“To recreate the Divine Tree, a world devoid of human logic.”

To become as one with the divine tree, and through the nexus… reach into the root of all things.

To be Continued

Lydiavogel Niemeyer
    - Botanist of the Imperial Academia

Chaldea Master Candidate - File #36

Blog Entries
    oh damn, Niemeyer seems like a waifu in the works.
    so one of the Texture Anchors like Rhongom and Wukongs Staff is that one Tree and pins the laws/texture of the Biosphere unto the world? it is what was to be expected, but i really like that. The Towers of Light are one of the most interesting ideas of the Nasuverse.

If Wyvern and Hux would team up for something like a lesson on Nasustuff and roleplay as Prof Broccoli and Lord Borthomeloi I would sign up

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    oh damn, Niemeyer seems like a waifu in the works.
    so one of the Texture Anchors like Rhongom and Wukongs Staff is that one Tree and pins the laws/texture of the Biosphere unto the world? it is what was to be expected, but i really like that. The Towers of Light are one of the most interesting ideas of the Nasuverse.

If Wyvern and Hux would team up for something like a lesson on Nasustuff and roleplay as Prof Broccoli and Lord Borthomeloi I would sign up
    I wouldn't be opposed to doing a collaboration with him. Though he probably hasn't even heard of my work...

I'll probably have to do a magus profile for Professor Broccoli at some point too. Maybe after I do the one for Lydia. So far I've been flying by the seat of my pants on this whole Lostbelt Writing business.

Blog Entries
    I think hux is just someone that rarely comments on other people's work, but does read most of it. He pops up when it is about Nasuverse questions

I..have no idea what ur last sentence means

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I think hux is just someone that rarely comments on other people's work, but does read most of it. He pops up when it is about Nasuverse questions

I..have no idea what ur last sentence means
    He meant he is occupied with the Lostbelt making . and i have a Question can the Texture of the World durring the Age of Gods be compared with Lostbelts ?

As i hav the Theory that the Anchoring of the Lostbelt world could be a sort of Simulation of a former state of the World ?

i mean that in the Meditereanian world were especially in the Anatolic Region aside the greeks some own and that there Legennds were then absorbed into the Greco-Roman mythospehre ? Or like i implied in Burebistas Hands of Prominence Noblephantasm in that similar like their People also the Roman GodS fought against the Thracian Gods ?

and i have a Theory that as in East Europe the polytheistic People longer existed and atleast do i Interpret it as such that the Baltic and Slavic World was longer in the Age of Gods as they were the most religios of the original faith followers which their Religion until the 18 century in ist original coherent form .i mrean i would atest that there due to the different invasions by forreign Invaders like the Huns , Maghars and Monghols which still also were followers of old Shamanistic Rites could have prolonged the mysteries and "nurtured" them .

Like because it was somewhat shortly touched what processes or incidents could revoke the Age of Gods i am speculating , i mean aside the Grail ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; July 4th, 2021 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hmm. That's a hard question.

From my understanding. The text of the world didn't change to something different, rather it started to comply and accept the idea of humans being the dominant species, thus accepting their reasoning and logic as 'how things should work'. Mysteries, things that humans didn't understand or didn't have a definitive logic answer for, started dwindling after that because the world accepted the reasoning or consensus of humanity about how things should work.

That's why Phantasmals and the like escaped to the Reverse Side of the World, where their existence wasn't threatened.

What the Divine Tree did was act as the Anchor which secured the idea of a 'biosphere' over the world. That is to say, the 'area where life exists'. Sacred Trees, on the other hand, were a localized offshoot of the original that overwrote the texture of the world to suit the imagination of humans or the beliefs which spawned the Sacred Trees while the Divine Tree established the conditions for life to thrive on Land.

After humans found explanations for why life thrived that did not rely on the tree, and the Age of Gods declines, the Divine Tree grudually sunk into the Reverse Side, or withered altogether from its functions being usurped by human logic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Hmm. That's a hard question.

From my understanding. The text of the world didn't change to something different, rather it started to comply and accept the idea of humans being the dominant species, thus accepting their reasoning and logic as 'how things should work'. Mysteries, things that humans didn't understand or didn't have a definitive logic answer for, started dwindling after that because the world accepted the reasoning or consensus of humanity about how things should work.

That's why Phantasmals and the like escaped to the Reverse Side of the World, where their existence wasn't threatened.

What the Divine Tree did was act as the Anchor which secured the idea of a 'biosphere' over the world. That is to say, the 'area where life exists'. Sacred Trees, on the other hand, were a localized offshoot of the original that overwrote the texture of the world to suit the imagination of humans or the beliefs which spawned the Sacred Trees while the Divine Tree established the conditions for life to thrive on Land.

After humans found explanations for why life thrived that did not rely on the tree, and the Age of Gods declines, the Divine Tree grudually sunk into the Reverse Side, or withered altogether from its functions being usurped by human logic.
    That part have i understood but i meant what if the Humen had the same collective mindset unchanged since te Age of Gods in that Gods and other Supernatural entities are tanding behind the phenomenos of the World and how the Age of Gods truly ended acctually in the Mediterean and Egyptian World ?

As in the nordgermanic alias Norse mythology we know the Burning and destruction of Yggdrasil and Balder in a sense , Fortune did gave out a conclusively Theory About the Chinese Age of Gods . The Indian one would i think is somewhat explainable with the World circles .

But which circumstances did it had in Britain example wise ? or in Japan ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    So far I've been flying by the seat of my pants on this whole Lostbelt Writing business.
    Ah, yes. My favorite past time. Soon, we'll see where that gets me when I add to this thread. That'll be fun.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    I think hux is just someone that rarely comments on other people's work, but does read most of it.
    Too right you are.
    But if my attention is brought to bear, then observation is in order.
    And as the esteemed Wyvern has requested my presence, so shall it be.

Now that I've caught myself up with what's written, let's dive into this void sea.
    First, I have to say that you've taken a bold risk choosing to make your own South American mythological system when Lostbelt 7 is (not very) rapidly approaching.
    Now, second of all!
    You've got some Clock Tower terms mixed up.
    the Zoology Department of the Faculty of Ancient Mysteries.
    There are only Twelve Faculties in the Clock Tower, plus the Policies Department.
    They cover all the bases;
    Faculty List
    General Fundamentals covers the field of the basics of magecraft that everyone knows.
    Individual Fundamentals is a mysterious branch that Nasu hasn't touched much.
    Spiritual Evocation deals with spirits and the such.
    Mineralogy deals with the mystical properties of gems and material.
    Zoology deals with mystical animals.
    Lore deals with artefacts and relics that are not of this world, which sounds like where the remnants of these Divine and Sacred Trees would go, especially as the Lore department deals directly with the Headmaster.
    Botany deals with plants, pharmaceuticals, and witchcraft. This is your Faculty relevant, under which Ancient Mysteries (if it was solely connected to Botany) would likely fall.
    Astronomy deals with planets, the heavens, and Divinity. Due to that last one, there'd probably be interest from the Animusphere branches (if they came down from their mountains at all).
    Creation is generally the faculty of beauty, and almost everyone in it is an artist in some way.
    Curses are self explanatory.
    Archaeology deals with actual history and genuine academics. For example, Lev worked here, and his crowning achievement was SHEBA.
    Modern Magecraft Theory is Waver's department, dealing with shallower magecraft that's easier to use

Those twelve areas are the only faculties, there's many sub-branches to each faculty (or, if you will, facultree [yes that was bad]), such as Summoning under Spiritual Evocation. So you kinda just got it the wrong way around, which is minor enough to brush off without issue but you know what? Where there's an opportunity for an infodump, lord help me if I'm not snatching it.
    Anyway, moving on from that.
    The general principle of the Divine Trees / Sacred Trees as analogous to Gods and Divine Spirits is very interesting, though I must say that the overall talk feels like it belongs in the Modern Magecraft department.
    That's to say; it feels like it belongs in Waver's classroom.

I have to agree with the professor on the topic of hiding Mystics in the New World, as best exemplified by
    well
    ORT. The Type of a different celestial body just vibing in a South American rainforest.
    And of course, this is where we hit a bit of a snag with Nasu's writing.
    More precisely, a snag with his understanding of geography.
    There is some implication in Lostbelt 5's epilogue that ORT may be connected to the Mesoamerican divinities, as the Ultimate One of the "Suisei". There's a very real possibility that ORT's been punning on us for decades, descending from the
    Suisei
    彗星
    , the Comet, rather than from
    Suisei
    水星
    , Mercury. A comet impact which deposited aliens on the planet millions of years ago. I needn't expound on that further, do I? It's Quetz and da bois, who arrived on a comet 65 million years ago.
    Especially when we look at translator notes for what Rasputin says in Olympus;
    kotomine: "in distant antiquity, the foreign seeds cast to this planet were not the machine gods of atlantis alone"
    "the vast underworld / Xibalba does the fruit (actually, 胎, which could refer to "womb" or "fetus") of such embrace"
    "the golden sea of trees (黄金の樹海), where the vast beasts reign"
    "that which slumbers as of those worlds wherein alaya is stable; which squirms as of those worlds wherein gaia comes to manifestation (出現)"
    "-- come of the oort cloud, the Ultimate One / the Extreme Independent Species (極限の単独種, kyokugen no tandoku-shu)"
    And unfortunately, once we remember that Nasu has ORT pinned in South America, where Lostbelt 7 is, and that it showed up in the Yakudou trailer in Lostbelt 7, well.
    Nasu's mistake becomes blindingly clear; ruddy grapfruit's conflated South American mythology with Mesoamerican Mythology. It's truly tragic, and I'll never forgive him for this.
    It's certainly not a mistake on your part to want to make a more proper South American mythological system that's separate to the aliens who inhabit Mesoamerica, far from it, I would consider it the proper course and development.
    Thus, as a result, you've caught my attention. We shall be keeping a close eye on you as this continues to develop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    Too right you are.
    But if my attention is brought to bear, then observation is in order.
    And as the esteemed Wyvern has requested my presence, so shall it be.

Now that I've caught myself up with what's written, let's dive into this void sea.
    First, I have to say that you've taken a bold risk choosing to make your own South American mythological system when Lostbelt 7 is (not very) rapidly approaching.
    Now, second of all!
    You've got some Clock Tower terms mixed up.

The general principle of the Divine Trees / Sacred Trees as analogous to Gods and Divine Spirits is very interesting, though I must say that the overall talk feels like it belongs in the Modern Magecraft department.

ORT. The Type of a different celestial body just vibing in a South American rainforest.
    And of course, this is where we hit a bit of a snag with Nasu's writing.
    More precisely, a snag with his understanding of geography.
    There is some implication in Lostbelt 5's epilogue that ORT may be connected to the Mesoamerican divinities, as the Ultimate One of the "Suisei". There's a very real possibility that ORT's been punning on us for decades, descending from the
    Suisei
    彗星
    , the Comet, rather than from
    Suisei
    水星
    , Mercury. A comet impact which deposited aliens on the planet millions of years ago. I needn't expound on that further, do I? It's Quetz and da bois, who arrived on a comet 65 million years ago.

And unfortunately, once we remember that Nasu has ORT pinned in South America, where Lostbelt 7 is, and that it showed up in the Yakudou trailer in Lostbelt 7, well.
    Nasu's mistake becomes blindingly clear; ruddy grapfruit's conflated South American mythology with Mesoamerican Mythology. It's truly tragic, and I'll never forgive him for this.

It's certainly not a mistake on your part to want to make a more proper South American mythological system that's separate to the aliens who inhabit Mesoamerica, far from it, I would consider it the proper course and development.

Thus, as a result, you've caught my attention. We shall be keeping a close eye on you as this continues to develop.
    Okay, so! Allow me to answer your post properly.

You actually managed to hit some pretty big stuff that I am preparing for this lostbelt. Namely the fact that it is a two parter seeking to explore the lore we already have for the Nasuverse South America... as well as the Mesoamerican connections you brought up between ORT and the alien beings that became the Mesoamerican Gods. This first part being focused on giving South America its own system of mythology, as I am doing with the Divine / Sacred Trees.

About the Mage's Association. It actually doesn't exist in South America.

What you have is the Academia Imperial de Belas Artes (Imperial Academy of Beautiful Arts), which was established by John VI of Portugal upon the establishment of the Portuguese Court in Brazil. It is basically an organization dedicated to the research and maintainance of mystics in the New World. And unlike the MA we do know of. The Academia is separated into different different areas called 'Facilities'.

Of the ones that exist we have the Facility of Native Mysteries, Facility of Western Mysteries, Facility of Eastern Mysteries, Facility of Northern Mysteries, and the Facility of Southern Mysteries.

These facilities study mysteries based on their geographic location relating to the main Facility in Brasilia, where the main administrative body was moved.

Inside these facilities, you have different groups dedicated to studying the subjects within the area where the mysteries came from. So, both Eastern and Western Facilities might have an Alchemy Department, but both will study completely different sources. Same goes for things like Curses, Summoning, Botany... etc. The Imperial Academia has a division based not on subject but in the origin of the mystery being studied.

Blog Entries
    South America of the Nasuverse (Part 3)

Now, I am sure that most of you are wondering. What is the relationship of humans with the Divine Trees and later on, Sacred Trees?

That’s a tad complex but I will try to keep it short.

Putting it simply, humans are fruits of the Divine Tree. Or rather, the humans who would one day become our ancestors were spawned through the natural processes of Divine Trees which existed all over the world as a result of the Biosphere being established during the early stages of the Age of Gods.

Divine Trees didn’t have a proper template for what terrestrial life forms were.

Not to be confused with the Sea of Life, which originated Aquatic and later on Amphibious lifeforms. The moment where life moved from the Primordial Ocean to land, they became part of the Divine Trees domain.

“But professor, does that not contradict your earlier statement of life originating from Divine Trees?”

An astute observation, Ms. Niemeyer.

You could think of Divine Trees as the system which dictated and recorded all paths known of evolution. Rather, you could say that their way of creating life was to expose already existing lifeforms to harsh environments and weather conditions, creating circumstances under which life would either die or change to suit its new environments.

“So, Divine Trees establish the ideal conditions for life to develop as it did.”

Of course, that wasn’t their only purpose. Divine Trees were also meant to store vast amounts of data, recording all forms of life. Not a written record… the best way to explain this would be…

“Annual Growth Rings”

Very good, Mr. Nesthesia!

Divine Trees, like any other tree, accumulate ‘mass’ in the form of data. And in order to obtain more data, they alter environmental conditions in order to record the changes and evolution of lifeforms.

Like the rings you find when you cut a tree trunk, the data is stored in layers depending on the time during which it was recorded.

Can you tell me how Sacred Trees differ on their approach, Mr. Nesthesia?

“Sacred Trees… don’t store data. Not really. What they do is manifest an ‘image’ over the texture of the world. The beings born from Sacred Trees aren’t capable of change unless their data is modified beforehand.”

And how do Sacred Trees collect data, if not by registering the evolution of living beings?

“Sacred Trees reflect the beliefs and ‘delusions’ of beings who live around them. If a Divine Tree is something that can establish a proper ecosystem in a continental scale, a Sacred Tree is something that artificially overwrites the existing ecosystem in a much smaller scale.”

These localized modifications were reffered to as Groves in ancient history and we can find many examples.

The Garden of Hesperides is an example of a Sacred Tree overwriting a local ecosystem.

Another would be the World Tree Yggdrasil. Though that one is a bit of a freak accident.

“World Tree?”

Something for another time, my dear.

Now, going back to my earlier question. Can someone tell me what is the connection and relationship between humans and the Divine Trees.

“It would be the Primordial Humans, yes?”

Good answer. But what can you tell me about Primordial Humans?

“Primordial Humans are… the distilled essence of mankind. They are everything that we are and can become. Legends speak of them as the ‘Seeds of Humanity’, the original models from which we are all descended.”

You will find many in the Zoology and Botany Faculty who would argue that what makes a Primordial Human special would be their connection to the Divine Trees. They exist within their ‘records’ and thus had their existence validated as ‘necessary for the ecosystem’. Modern humans, despite being descendants of Primordial Humans, are not recorded on Divine Trees past the end of the Age of Gods.

“We… aren’t on record? But wouldn’t that mean… ”

That we would be rejected by the world? No. Nothing so extreme. After all, the Age of Gods was replaced by the Age of Man. Acknowledged as the dominant species on the planet, we don’t need to have our existence validated by a Divine Tree.

“But what if we could? What if a modern human could find a way to… regress past the Age of Man?”

Miss Niemeyer, whatever you are thinking. I must caution you to reconsider.

Primordial Humans existed because their existence was validated by Divine Trees as necessary. The same way they validated all sorts of ancient beings of mystery. Without a Divine Tree to validate them, the Primordials became ‘phantasms’, beings considered fantasy.

The reason why they had to flee to the Reverse Side.

There was no Divine Tree left to ‘validate’ them.

“So… if someone became a Primordial Human…”

They wouldn’t be considered ‘Human’ by the standards of the Age of Man.

“Wouldn’t it be the other way around, Professor? The existence of a ‘validated’ Human wouldn’t make them the only ‘human’ accepted by the World?”

The concept of ‘humanity’ which existed before the Age of Man is different from the current ‘humanity’ which exists in the modern era. They cannot coexist without one rejecting the other.

“Unless the former has something that roots it to this world. Which is what I think these two are getting at, Professor Broccoli.”

Y-You?!

“Why the surprise? You invited me.”

Not to participate, Ms. Aozaki.

“Well, can you blame a shopper for spotting something interesting in this pawnshop of yours?”

Please refrain from referring to my learning institution as a pawnshop, Ms. Aozaki.

“Now, don’t get defensive on me, Pindovy. The wares here aren't half bad this time, you’ve managed to grow quite a crop. Those two in particular speak some very interesting nonsense.”

Aozaki…

“A genetic data storage unit, and a vessel capable of adapting to the information contained inside it. It's quite a different approach to recreating the First Human, don’t you think?”

To begin with, it doesn’t eliminate the risk of rejection. It doesn’t even begin to explain how they might be able to recreate the precise environmental conditions which lead to the birth of a Primordial Human, never mind finding enough materials to perform such a risky ritual.

“But Professor…!”

“But Professor…!”

I won’t have my class deviate further from its purpose, Mr. Nesthesia, Ms. Niemeyer. You are free to pursue whatever paths you so choose with your magecraft at your own discretion and peril. I only ask that you refrain from turning this lecture into an impromptu brainstorming session.

Am I clear?

“A bit harsh, don’t you think? They are just passionate about their craft.”

There is a difference between passion and recklessness, Ms. Aozaki. Besides, I can tell a biased opinion when I hear it.

“Biased? Perhaps. But their reasoning is solid.”

Then I advise you to contact them at their own discretion.

“Now don’t look so sour when you say that, Broccoli.”

Now, with interruptions out of the way. I would like us to continue on with the lecture.

Regarding my previous point on the concept of ‘Human’ differing between the Age of Man and the Age of Gods, one would expect that the only differences would be physical correct? However, that could not be further from the truth. Primordial Humans had their own culture. Their own idea of what ‘language’ was. Every facet of their lives existed to fit within the predefined ‘ecosystem’ of the Divine Trees.

In particular, I speak of the idea of communication between the World and Humans.

To call it ‘language’ would be a misunderstanding. After all, animals aren’t born needing to be taught how to live their lives. They possess ‘Instinct’, an innate understanding of their environment and what behaviors are the most beneficial to their continued existence within that ecosystem.

A form of communication which predates the need for verbal and written dialects altogether.

The Faculty of Native Mysteries refers to it as ‘Intrinsic Feedback’

But can any of you tell me its local name?

Mr. Nesthesia?

Ms. Niemeyer?

They are gone.

To be Continued

[One Shot]

Nhanderuvuçu - Voice of Thunder

A Druid, a Botanist and a Puppeteer Walk into a Bar

Princess of the Seven Monsters - Kerana

[Coming Soon]

Last edited by Wyvern; July 17th, 2021 at 07:07 PM.

Each time you post one of these, I'm only more hyped for the next one ! Can't wait to see what you're doing next, Wyvern.