Thread: Summer Animu 2021 Edition - we're bringing it back

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Magica Record is recap this week?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dead Detective: It never came together, but it looked fine most of the time and the characters were fun. I'm not going to buy the LNs, but I'd watch another season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Magica Record is recap this week?
    Yes
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Shinigami Bocchan done. Nice show. I like the romance in this, the characters are great and the plot is interesting. Looking foward to S2. I like the supernatural elements and how the way the curse affects Bocchan's life and psyche is explored. CG is also good for this kind of show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Battle in 5 Seconds: "I planned for that." "Well, I planned for you planning for that." "Well, I planned for you planning for me to plan for that."
    canon finish apo vol 3

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Battle in 5 Seconds: "I planned for that." "Well, I planned for you planning for that." "Well, I planned for you planning for me to plan for that."
    Please tell me it devolved into "nu-uh" "uh-huh" "nu-uh" "uh-huh".
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Slime season 2 part 2 over. I like it. That said, it has it's issues. That meeting at the start can be frustrating, and it can feel like there's not much progress. So, really can't blame anyone who thinks the story has it's issues. Still, personally I like it and will watch the movie when it's out in 2023 (coming fall 2022 to japanese cinemas, so 2023 for disc release I can watch)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

TsukiMichi over. Great fun show. Great cast and fun events and the last 2 episodes of S1 hint at some interesting developments for S2. Looking foward to it

Dragon Maid Season 2 done. Pretty good sequel with great scenes and development for the cast. Hopefully Kyoani'll make more. I love this show
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Finally got around to finishing Villainess. Though I enjoyed it, it feels like a bit of a step down from the first season. Kinda felt like a filler arc sometimes

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 110: Twice got over his trauma and was able to multiply himself again. His Quirk is pretty powerful, but his past limited his use of it. Now he made enough clones to match the MLA in numbers. But the MLA has some really strong members who able to wipe out huge numbers of them. Like Re-Destro himself, I have no idea what kind of power he has. Shigaraki is going to facing him, and all he would need to do is touch him to win. Once again, I know how this ends ultimately, but am I interested in seeing how they got there.
    Oh, and when the intermission happened, they showed Dabi, but showed no information on him besides his name, which is a first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Yeap. Another problem with the way they reordered stuff which I forgot to mention is that the result of this LoV vs MLA conflict is spoiled before it happens. So, there's a loss of tension when you know how it's gonna end
    Yeah, I was watching a podcast when someone who read the manga mentioned they reordered some things.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blue Reflection Ray over. This was a surpirse gem. Didn't expect it to be so good and well done. Great characters, great plot developed well, just great. Really well done. Love this show
    Meikyuu Black Company done. Great show. Ended in a really good place. Characters were great, show was fun and hilarious to the end. Gotta love Kinji and his shenanigans. Looked great too
    Standing on a Million Lives over. Great show. There's some good developments in this season and the new characters are good. Would watch S3 if it ever happened
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashina View Post
    Finally got around to finishing Villainess. Though I enjoyed it, it feels like a bit of a step down from the first season. Kinda felt like a filler arc sometimes
    It felt like it lacked the drive of the first season. Like she was dicking around in the postgame.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

HeroAca S5 over. Despite the problems, I stilll enjoyed this season. Looking foward to S6
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Magia Record part 2 over. A great show and improvement over part 1. Looking foward to the final part at the end of the year
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Getter Arc over. Despite the issues, I loved the show. Pretty good, and a personal favorite of mine this season
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure Episode 67: Welp, it's been a long journey but we're at the end at last. Like a lot of multi-parter episodes in Adventure: I feel like the climax would be better served watched all in one rather than week to week. Anyways, I really liked that Negamon's final form ended up being a mocking imitation of Omegamon rather than another giant monster, gave it a very personal feel when they were clashing swords and beam struggling. Omegamon himself absorbing all the Crests and breaking through his limit to turn Alter-S was so DBZ and I loved it. His speech at the end about how Negamon won't disappear but instead start over and them meeting again someday also gave me major Goku/Majin Buu vibes. I must admit, I was a little confused as to whether Taichi stayed behind in the Digital World or he was testing out Izzy's Digital Gate project but either way it felt very fitting with the whole "one journey's end is just the start of another" message the series conveys.

Overall I really enjoyed Adventure: Did it need to exist? Not really but I appreciate it for revitalising my love of Digimon anime after both Tri and Appmon. Looking forward to Ghost Game next week now~
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Battle game in 5 seconds over. Wasn't the greatest thing ever, but I had fun. Enjoyed Akira and how he used his power.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Battle in 5 Seconds: Pity we'll never get a second season with the 4th Program, it has some great development for Akira and really leans into the budget Jojoness of it.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Idaten Deities done. Pretty fun show with an interesting story and ending and great characters and animation and colors. Would watch S2, not that it's happening any time soon since the anime adapted the entire original webcomic and the manga is behind right now
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: