Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Animu 2021 Edition - we're bringing it back

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Black Company: I don't think I've ever seen a show go double isekai. Although I'm calling it that they're in the future, and that the company that ruined the world is one he made. Either that or he's the Demon Lord.
    1. Yes, it's the future.
    2. "ruined the world" is relative because the humans and their prophets are just being lazy leeches, complaining about actually reasonable working conditions (those set by Ninomiya after he arrived to the original point).

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    You mean the residents of the Isekai get tossed back into the real world? Yeah that doesn’t often happen in anime for some reason, the only other show I can think of that did it would be “Aura Battler Dunbine” which had multiple arcs involving that concept.
    Nah, I have seen that before. What this one did is take an Isekai, then start episode 4 in a completely different setting with a pristess asking him save the world. He got Isekai'd out of his Isekai into another Isekai. Though Like I said it's less a separate world and more Planet of the Apes, but it still feels like a third setting.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    2. "ruined the world" is relative because the humans and their prophets are just being lazy leeches, complaining about actually reasonable working conditions (those set by Ninomiya after he arrived to the original point).
    There's a bombed out planet of the apes statue and everything looks like Mad Max 2. It's close enough. Also by the time "General" Ninomiya is done with it, it's pretty close to ruined.
    Last edited by Mattias; August 7th, 2021 at 12:53 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Glad to see Magia Record's second season episode 2 is still going strong.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also by the time "General" Ninomiya is done with it, it's pretty close to ruined.
    Done? He just started.

In terms of this week's D_Cide, have I ever told you that I hate series where the hero works his butt off to do "something" but that "something" is not tangibly insignificant or is ultimately pointless? The 2 examples are the Evil's Return manga (though I think that that was a Korean manhwa to begin with but whatever) and the Peacock King anime and manga when they finally stopped doing episodic things. In the case of D_Cide, what was the point of stopping that particular Dreamer? To save his life? No, as soon as he offered his wish, he was a dead man. To save the life of the rapist? First of all, why? Secondly, that ended up being pointless, too, because said rapist ended up getting burned. To save the life of the transport guys? No, I'm pretty sure that got caught up the fire, too. Just to end the Dreamer's life before he becomes a "murderer"? What tangible meaning is there to just a pointless act? None, besides maybe some sense of moral superiority, but I doubt that the Knocker Ups were feeling that either. Yeah, sometimes, heroes shouldn't obsess over doing a good turn daily or whatever Boy Scout philosophy they spout.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Yachiyo kowaii.
    Kuroe kawaii.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure
    Episode 60: Despite not being what I thought it would be based on the episode title, I really enjoyed this episode. The OG Adventure-verse was all about that Izzy/Mimi but I am really feeling the Joe/Mimi ship here, it was hilarious when she ducked under his cloak and was puppeteering his actions as "Captain Joe". Joe himself was really good as we saw (and Gomamon explained) how he gets stronger for the sake of other people moreso than himself and how he wasn't fighting to destroy Olegmon but rather save him and his crew. The entrance of Vikemon himself was epic but like last week it is a shame the fights can't last longer but I suppose that's the weakness of having to wrap everything up in a single episode.

Next week is back to Takeru and what wait? Is the preview implying that the "miracle" he creates is Angemon evolving to Gravimon?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    TanMoshi's biggest weakness right now for me is the production, which apparently has outsourced every episode after the first. A shame. Still fun, but it could've been so much better.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dead Detective: You'd think that a mech vs. a kaiju would be more dynamic. I bet it was cool to read. At least Siesta and Hel are cute.
    Jahy: The disaster gremlin is cute. So is demon Matt.
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; August 9th, 2021 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Did a bit more catch up:

Uramichi Onisan is my fucking spirit animal. Minus the gymnastics, becasue I'm an anime fan.

Opera Girls continues to subvert expectations, instead of them doing a last minute role switch to better showcase the talents of each, they stick it AND the MC gets shit on for being amazing but also being a carbon copy of someone else's performance (I assume, but that's what it seemed like it was building to before the cliffhanger).

Sonny Boy is a fucking trip. Starface actually being right rather than stirring up shit was a shock. But any episode that has me shouting "Tetsuo!" at the end is good in my books. I really enjoy how the main five are the only ones who really seem to be trying to fix things, and everyone else only exist to form up a lynch mob on the character in need of development this week. Also how the seemingly smartest person in the group has a power that is completely unrelated to that position. He isn't a super thinker or have some cheat that helps him, he has matter generation powers and just happens to be the most rational one on the island. I had to laugh when the monkey episode rolled around and Cap was lamenting that Asakusa(???, Dunno from now on he's Tetsuo) hadn't forgiven him yet. Dude, you beat him down with a bat while on a week long power trip after tormenting him for a while. Of course he's holding a fucking grudge.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Archer pls.

Sick Uraraka sakuga though.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Digimon Adventure Episode 61: A surprisingly good episode, definitely more in the vein of Sora's focus episode since there lacked any antagonist outside of nature itself. I liked how Takeru acknowledged he can't turn back the clock in regards to his broken family and so he's trying to compensate by returning Eldoradimon home instead. It was nice to see Gravimon not as a villain and instead (eventually) help out the heroes. The shot of all the Digimon together pushing Eldoradimon gave me major Axis flashbacks, complete with a shining miracle at the end that transports him to safety. Once again we don't quite get the full Mega transformation but rather the silhouette forming around the Digimon as a powerup...at least Taichi is catching on to what the Crests are about now.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dead Detective: Very cute episode. I question the show's overall pacing, but whatever, girl cute guy amusing.
    canon finish apo vol 3

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episodes 103-105
    Spoiler:
    My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 103:
    Hawks is back doing his undercover work. His feathers being able to be listening devices is just another cool thing on the list of things they can do.

So my question about the League being involved with the Meta Liberation Army was answered, they're running it. I have no idea how they were able to do this though. It would have been after season 4 that this started right? Unless they were 2 separate groups at the beginning and just came together later.
    Shigaraki wasn't with them either which is interesting. Hawks said that if they surrounded the place they could have taken them, but they need to find out exactly how many heroes are working with them, and find any secret bases they have, before they capture them all in one fell swoop, otherwise they'll lose track of the enemies that are in plain sight.

I also like how Hawks got those villains before Midoriya, Bakugo and Todoroki could so as to not make them look that great on surveillance.

The rest of the episode had them shadow Endeavor as he went on patrol, and he told each of them what they had to work on while giving them the goal to catch a villain faster than he can.

Near the end, Bakugo said that in the winter he needs prep time which makes sense considering his Quirk works by him sweating a explosive substance, and it's winter, the coldest month of the year. And then while right before stopping a truck Endeavor says, "Is that going to be your excuse when you fail someone? This isn't a classroom. If you don't make it in time, you don't get a bad grade, people don't come home". That was probably my favorite part of the episode.

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 104:
    This episode had Uraraka along with Asui and Hado while doing their work study with Ryukyu get called for help from Selkie and Sirius to stop a ship carrying chemicals that could be made to create a Quirk enhancing drug called Trigger. It's apparently the green gas that was in the trailer for the new movie. And the villain in the movie, Flect Turn, showed up in the end too. I guess the only reason why they didn't do anything like that for Heroes Rising was because of the time period the movie was set in didn't match the anime at the time. Yet, they still chose to make it like that anyway. Either way, it was a good episode with a cool tie in.

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 105:
    And this episode was like a reminder about how messed up Todoroki’s family is after his sister asked Endeavor if they could all come over for dinner.

I think the dream that Endeavor talks about having was the most interesting thing in this episode. He sees his family happy, but he's not there.

Like, I wonder what his subconscious is trying to tell him?

He abused his family so much that his wife burned their son, because the little boy reminded her of him.

There’s even a little flashback of her trying to stop Todoroki’s "training", saying that's he's only 5, and Endeavor's like, "He can take it.", and just knocks her away.

And if the list of horrible things he did to his family couldn't get worse, his eldest son died, and he's most likely responsible for that too.

So yeah, it's totally understandable that Natsuo wants nothing to do with him.

Fuyumi is a saint though, god.

And Midoriya and Bakugo are just seeing all of this.

The guy looking at Endeavor at the end was creepy, I wonder what his deal his?

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Battle in 5 Seconds: Cursed CGI, good voicework from Mion's VA.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Dead Detective: Very cute episode. I question the show's overall pacing, but whatever, girl cute guy amusing.
    Don't really have much expectations of "Best Girl's Already Dead" anymore & is just basically watching it just cuz'.

Blog Entries
    Digimon Adventure Episode 62: Definitely one of the better Sora focused episodes who I felt has been the weakest link of the children this time around. I legit forgot that Sora didn't get her Crest when she got her Mega last time so I was initially confused when she talked about following the arrow still. Cool to see both Junkmon and Neamon return in more peaceful times. I really liked the point about how the Chosen aren't there just to fight as it ties in well with Sora's Crest being about Love. Interesting that we got some more lore about the Great War and how it wasn't just the Angels that were fighting the evil forces, though seeing the childlike Cupimon just get annihilated was surprisingly raw. I won't lie, when I first saw the Shakkoumon doll in the distance my brain thought it was a D3 for some reason and I had to do a double take.

Next week seems to be wrapping up the Crest arc and I am hyped to see how this all comes together for the finale.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dead Detective: RIP Siesta, NTR'd by a loli.
    canon finish apo vol 3

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 106:
    So Ending is a crazed villain who was obsessed with Endeavor and wanted them to kill him. Even going so far as to kidnap Natsuo right after the dinner.

I saw a few people say that Ending's Quirk was the most Stand like one. I'm not a Jojo fan, but are Stand just powers that could be not that threatening normally, but in extreme cases could be? His power is just to control the white paint lines on the road. I thought it would be something more devastating than that. And he's using one of those Quirk enhancing drugs too, so it's not that powerful normally either.

The guy said he went digging into Endeavor's personal life. Is that stuff just readily out there? Besides having a hostage, he wasn't that hard to take down.

Midoriya should not have been able to use Blackwhip like that though. He couldn't control it when it first appeared and couldn't even emit a large amount of it after and now he can suddenly emit all those strands of that power and catch 3 cars?! It's good that he was able to do that, but how? In a week?

The fact that Endeavor stopped in his tracks from saving Natsuo that was just sad. The fact that he thought his son would hate him even more for it, which I could see, is just... Like imagine if he did save him, Natsuo could say that it doesn't change anything, or that he doesn't feel indebted to him at all. It might have actually made things worse.

But because of that, Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki did accomplish their goal of catching a villain faster than Endeavor technically.
    Bakugo even brags about it before noticing the whole mood after.
    All it took was Endeavor freezing, hah, during a chase because he hesitated.

At the end of the episode, he actually decided that the best thing to do would be to stay away from his family, not only for their safety, but for their own happiness. It's because he's the source of all of their pain. I like that he said that he doesn't need forgiveness, he needs to atone. He knows he did something wrong and he wants to make it right, not for himself, but for them.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nah, I have seen that before. What this one did is take an Isekai, then start episode 4 in a completely different setting with a pristess asking him save the world. He got Isekai'd out of his Isekai into another Isekai. Though Like I said it's less a separate world and more Planet of the Apes, but it still feels like a third setting.

There's a bombed out planet of the apes statue and everything looks like Mad Max 2. It's close enough. Also by the time "General" Ninomiya is done with it, it's pretty close to ruined.
    Also disappointed in certain things overall:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This weeks no context anime quote:

"I'm super tan, like Othello." - Opera Girls

Literally had to pause the video until I stopped laughing.