Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast

Thread: Summer Animu 2021 Edition - we're bringing it back

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    this week Magireco is good.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Vanitas: Damn the shit has officially hit the fan. Very excited for next week. Also to add, this episode was just plain fun with all the character interactions.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dead Detective: I was okay with this episode until the end. Kind of fucked up to have Siesta's mind pop back out. Is she gonna die again? Go to sleep again until the plot calls for it? Pretty rude to Nagisa otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Dead Detective: I was okay with this episode until the end. Kind of fucked up to have Siesta's mind pop back out. Is she gonna die again? Go to sleep again until the plot calls for it? Pretty rude to Nagisa otherwise.
    Since they made a big deal of Siesta sacrificing herself so Alicia/Nagisa's consciousness could live on, I presume this comeback will be temporary to just say one last goodbye to Kimi (and save him from lizard-man). Wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seriously, what the fuck is happening with Peachboy's episode order? Oh hey here's this character that saved the day last episode, lets have the next be thier meeting point, but in no way indicate that it's the past. Not even a "two months ago". And this is the second or third time it's happened. I have other problems with the show, like how Sally hasn't done a damn thing since she flipped out and killed the walrus in episode 1, but this is so so much worse.

Yet despite all this, I can't help but like it. Edgelord vibes and all.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    There's streaming sites in Japan that air it in chronological order. The end of every broadcast episode tells you what the chronological order of the next one is. Look at the bottom right corner. I do agree this gimmicky release order is very unnecessary
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 108: They actually changed the opening title to My Villain Academia. I kind of wished they could have changed more, but that's fine. This is set like before what happened with the work studies, and that makes it pretty weird. Like if it wasn't for the fact that I didn't know they were already working together, I could have at least hoped that if they didn't take each other out, they would at least suffer heavy losses. But I don't even have that to wonder about. There were some important explanations though.

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 109: We finally get some back story on the Meta Liberation Army and learn that the guy who made the book of their ideology made it in prison before killing himself, but not knowing he had a son who would carry out his goals. There was no way to know from the news but the MLA basically owns the whole entire city, so it's a perfect place to get rid of the League. Toga fought Curious of the MLA and her backstory was shown during that too.

This episode made me a little sick and she's the whole reason for it.

What's even worse is that now she can actually not only just transform into people, she can now use their Quirks. Using Uraraka's power like that so..., ugh.

And Shigaraki himself turned a whole group into dust without touching them all. Now Twice has to deal with a group of copies of himself that he didn't make from Skeptic which is playing on his problems. Like I said before, it would probably be more entertaining if I didn't know how this ended.
    Last edited by Laserman; September 13th, 2021 at 10:28 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Yeap. Another problem with the way they reordered stuff which I forgot to mention is that the result of this LoV vs MLA conflict is spoiled before it happens. So, there's a loss of tension when you know how it's gonna end
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

Wow, I love Stone Ocean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My thought process while watching this weeks Love Live:

Okay the time for the Student Council Ojou to join the group. Kanon nopeing the fuck out of the plot was gold. Sumire is basically the Yamcha of Love Live isn't she? Oh no, they're pulling the school is closing down, for the third time? And they're pulling it at the end of the season rather than the motivating factor? They can't be. Fuck, they are. That's a love Live Bingo right there. Oh, the 15 yr old is personally funding the school, Okay, that makes sense. Somehow. Maybe cut out one of the two seperate curiculms you're running if you want to cut costs, instead? Wait How does a prestigious arts school not have huge money from enrollments? It's an Arts...Oh, OHHHHHHHH.

Peach Boy Riverside done
    i'll rewatch this chronoligcally one day. Fun show ruined by the broadcast order. Chronological order works much better
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Vanitas done. Great show. Visuals were great, characters are interesting and fun. World is well done. Love it a lot. Looking foward to the 2nd cour in winter
    HameFura S2 done. Decent sequel. Those who like S1'll like S2. Looking foward to the movie
    Kanojo mo Kanojo done. Great and funny romcom. Love all the dumbasses in this show and all the stupid shit they do.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    1st cour of Vanitas is done. First few episodes we a bit slow, but that's just Mochizuki Jun's writing style. Picked up greatly later on. Can't wait for the second cour.

Tokyo Revengers done. Great show. Lots of good mistery. Great characters and cool fights. That ending was evil though. Hoping for S2.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok. Seriously. What The Fuck is happening in Sonny Boy? I understand what's happening in the individual episodes (or at least half of what's happening), but have no idea why any of it is happening.

Like why do people listen to "sensei" when they've already acknowledged that HugeRack can't be a teacher since only students are adrift? You can count Star kid in that group of "so obviously sleazy, why does anyone listen to them", too. And God.

Like it almost feels like an antholgy series like Kino's Journey or Wandering Witch at times.

Edit: Uramichi-oniisan continues to be my spirit animal of the season.

Edit 2: Opera Girls: Is that motherfucking Yang Wen-li?
    Last edited by Mattias; September 19th, 2021 at 01:52 AM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Digimon Adventure
    Episode 66: Oh snap, the penultimate episode. It's been a long journey, but I've enjoyed every second of it. Loved seeing all eight of the Megas team up to fight against Negamon. Pleasantly surprised to see Devimon and SkullKnightmon emerge from the angels' shadows to aid their light counterparts. It ends as it began, by summoning Omegamon (now named!) through the hopes and prayers of the people.

That preview for the final episode gives me the heebie-jeebies that the final episode will have a Tamers-esque ending with them turning back into babies and having to say goodbye. (T_T)
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finished Detective Is Already Dead this morning. Didn't nearly live up to the hype of the first ep in terms of animation quality and the story was middling overall, with a bunch of baffling decisions and out of nowhere plot-twists. Still, the dynamics between the characters were mostly fun and Siesta was a compelling lead (despite being ostensibly dead for a narrow majority of the show). Overall it was an enjoyable watch, though I expected more from the premise and previews. Also some borderline nonsensical stuff continues right to the ending like where Nagisa got Siesta's gun or the fact that Chameleon was clearly narrowly missing Siesta despite supposedly being unable to attack her at all.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the detective anime was a huge letdown for me. The dialogue was so unnatural. It felt like they tryharded to have the same character dynamic like Bunny Girl Senpai. There was no real detective work, fighting scenes were boring after episode 1 and nonsensical. Like were did that uniform girl that looks like Nobu get all her damn swords to throw? Is she the endboss of Re:Creators? She looks that part too.
    Overall it really lacked soul, much felt like fanservice and crowdpleasing. Checklists to go through. Mecha, loli, idol, drunk cute girl, two eye colors, edgy opponents, weird monsters, parasite powers, beach episode, corny dialogue about living. It is rare that an anime disappointed me so much.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah, that. When I first read the premise, I thought it was going to be a more... grounded crime-solving series similar to Kindaichi and (arguably) Detective Conan with some romance subplot mixed in. I was really excited for it, then the first episode rolled around and they seriously went balls out with the craziness just a few minutes in. It's not the worst, but I'm not exactly having fun either watching this.

In other news, Uramichi Oniisan is indeed one of the best anime this season.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's really odd that my top 3 shows of the season were all things I had written off when I read the premise. Uramichi seemed depressing, but they leaned so hard into it that it was funny. Opera Girls looked like a Love Live clone, and instead ended up tackling things Love Live would never dream of addressing, like stalkers, sexually abusive parents, sexism in traditional Japanese entertainment, and eating disorders. Re-Main managed to both support and subvert all the normal sports anime conventions, along with pulling a Total Recall twist but have it succeed and turn the MC into a huge asshole.