Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the Lostbelt 6 crystallisation of the worst Nasu's ideas?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    Wrong.
    There aren't any canon interest for guda, since according to Nasu they are supposed to be the player. Main story just avoids any mention of such things. Side story have things like the CCC event or Saber Wars 2 event, and my room fanservice of course.

He even made a post in his blog how he made Nero Bride to be Nero who doesn't have memories of Extra's protagonist and is your heroine in FGO.

So there is no NTR there.
    I think Nasu is trying to move away from there in LB6 and make MC a character of his own. Due to taste, not many like Mashu, or they just prefer other servants, but it seems Nasu is trying to show that MC is not the player, so players can like whatever servant they want, but he is going to make MC and Mashu an item. Who knows.

NTR sure has became a hell of a meaningless buzzword, huh.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I think Nasu is trying to move away from there in LB6 and make MC a character of his own. Due to taste, not many like Mashu, or they just prefer other servants, but it seems Nasu is trying to show that MC is not the player, so players can like whatever servant they want, but he is going to make MC and Mashu an item. Who knows.
    Making them an item after being personally responsible for several stories where female servants want to get in Guda's pants certainly is a choice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Making them an item after being personally responsible for several stories where female servants want to get in Guda's pants certainly is a choice
    Nasu loves to go back on his words anyway. Seriously, I wonder how many will drop the game if that is to happen.

Nasu loves to go back on his words anyway. Seriously, I wonder how many will drop the game if that is to happen.
    Would that be a bad thing, though?

Mashu is one of the most popular Servants and ships in the game. It's hardly a bold choice.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Wrong.
    There aren't any canon interest for guda, since according to Nasu they are supposed to be the player. Main story just avoids any mention of such things. Side story have things like the CCC event or Saber Wars 2 event, and my room fanservice of course.

He even made a post in his blog how he made Nero Bride to be Nero who doesn't have memories of Extra's protagonist and is your heroine in FGO.

So there is no NTR there.
    Guda canonically hits on Mash on several occasions, dude, even without taking into account optional choices (which typically are 'flirt with Mash openly or flirt with Mash but with wording that can be construed differently if you squint' anyway). Other waifus get Valentine's scenes.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Huralok View Post
    Would that be a bad thing, though?
    That's a YMMV, no matter how much complaints are made about her Mash is still ultimately the most popular original servant from this game so I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to officially get with their vanilla waifu.

I just find it off putting since I'm not attracted to girls in the first place (so Mash's ship tease isn't even the only one that I'm not fond of) and only view her as a sister, they keep making characters who have a large part of their personalities being in love with Guda even in main story chapters which makes their bond kind of weaker to me and just as a whole I don't care that much about their dynamic since it's the most vanilla master/servant dynamic in this entire franchise

He doesn't. The MC is your character, who has your name, birthdate and gender, this much never changed.
    He doesn't have even a name, Nasu always uses 主人公/The Protagonist in his blog to name them. (Same goes for the Extra's MC, "The Protagonist", which differs them from Shirou/Shiki, who named with their actual name) You can reread the latest Olympus blog post, and see for yourself.

So there is almost zero chance he will make it an item, and it would be certainly super bad taste from him. (Especially when one of FGO themes is that future holds infinite possibilities.)
    I think he will make multiple endings to FGO (if he doesn't plan to make Part 3 and make it continue to infinite), since it's what all of his entries have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    a lot of people will be happy to officially get with their vanilla waifu.
    And much more people would hate it and curse Nasu for such bad taste move.
    This is why it will never happen.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This whole discussion runs on the assumption that Fujimaru will survive the ending, which really doesn't seem like what the story is building up to.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sure he will, he'll just get salaryman ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

I will never open the game again without saving the transfer code and would just pretend that Guda was just killed by Morgan and the story ended there. (You know, like in Dark Souls lore.)
    (And it would be happier ending for Guda, what an irony.)

Since it would be literal false advertisement from Nasu's side, which is quite shitty, if you take into account how much money you can spend on FGO.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So how many accounts did this guy end up making here? I'm assuming three at the least.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    This whole discussion runs on the assumption that Fujimaru will survive the ending, which really doesn't seem like what the story is building up to.
    You know, I wouldn't really complain on heroic sacrifice type of ending. It fits someone who leads hundreds of heroes from all the history, since the hero and the sacrifice were always intertwined.
    And you're right, as there are bunch of death flags and foreshadowing.

Oh my god who the fuck cares, they are just a videogame character, they are not "you" in any possible sense of the word.
    Last edited by Herod; June 21st, 2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Oh my god who the fuck cares, it's just a videogame character, it's not "you" in any possible sense of the word.
    You're wrong though, and a lot of people do care.

https://oneofepisodes.wordpress.com/...tm-ace-042016/
    "we decided that, as a mobile game, the protagonist would be the players themselves"
    Nasu's words.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    What makes you say that?
    canon finish apo vol 3

You're wrong though, and a lot of people do care.

https://oneofepisodes.wordpress.com/...tm-ace-042016/
    "we decided that, as a mobile game, the protagonist would be the players themselves"
    Nasu's words.
    Old methods are the best. welcome in the ignore list.
    PLONK.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    He doesn't. The MC is your character, who has your name, birthdate and gender, this much never changed.
    He doesn't have even a name, Nasu always uses 主人公/The Protagonist in his blog to name them. (Same goes for the Extra's MC, "The Protagonist", which differs them from Shirou/Shiki, who named with their actual name) You can reread the latest Olympus blog post, and see for yourself.

So there is almost zero chance he will make it an item, and it would be certainly super bad taste from him. (Especially when one of FGO themes is that future holds infinite possibilities.)
    I think he will make multiple endings to FGO (if he doesn't plan to make Part 3 and make it continue to infinite), since it's what all of his entries have.

- - - Updated - - -

And much more people would hate it and curse Nasu for such bad taste move.
    This is why it will never happen.
    Are your knees wet, by any chance?
    Cause you're wading knee-deep in De Nile.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What makes you say that?
    1) Every interlude batch since, uh, I believe 2019 (?) included at least one interlude whose plot is "Fujimaru's fucked up mental health + constant attempts to hide it is fucking their physical health". Some of them (Kama's being the first example to come to mind) have them simply collapse on the ground out of nowhere.

2) The overall absolutely tired tone of Part 2's second opening's lyrics.

3) Yuga Kshetra's epilogue has Lakshmi saying she can't be too mad about all the lives lost because she's from India, a land that believes in reincarnation. She's confident everyone who died in the Lostbelt will get a second chance on the next incarnation. This potentially makes LB4 a set up for an happy epilogue where Fujimaru reunites with all the Lostbelt natives, and maybe even Ophelia and Kirschtaria, in the next cycle. The Olympus twins also have a random "I'm sure we'll see again in a future different from the present" line in their send-off, further pushing the happy reincarnation epilogue idea.

Lakshmi's speech also includes a "but if you fail to provide a world every can reincarnate to, I'm coming back to kick your ass", and we all know post-final boss Lakshmi would be too anti-climatic to be the real ending.

4) Nasu comments on the fifth anniversary interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed mushroom's lies
    Endings are not something that can be avoided. How do you prepare your heart for when the time comes, how do you face it, is an omnipresent theme for humanity. Rather than making it like this because FGO has an end, it's more that I'm trying to make people aware of the end because this is the theme.

At the end of Fate/stay night, it was the ending of Shirou and Fuyuki's tale, but Shirou's life continued past that. In comparison to that, FGO's ending would probably more strongly emphasize "this is the end of FGO".