Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the Lostbelt 6 crystallisation of the worst Nasu's ideas?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I see it, but does he really have the balls?

Lol if it's like Kirsch though where Gudao has to be at the center of the Bring Back Everyone Plot Device and thus can't benefit from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

It would make a lot of sense thematically and would be cool heroic ending.
    There was also that Da Vinci dialogue if you would be fine with PHH rejecting you, like it rejects the Lostbelt.
    We have bunch of people sacrificing their lives for you during the quest, and doing it 100% selflessly.
    So it only makes sense for final move to be a selfless sacrifice for others.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Good question. Nasu had the balls to kill Hakuno at the end of Fate/EXTRA, but also had the unballs to retcon it with the end of CCC.

Blog Entries
    Just have Fujimaru and Mashu tie the knot as the end of their FGO adventure and begin their new life as husband and wife. Their life still continues on, but Grand Order is over.

I hope Guda will survive, I hated Extra end because of Hakuno's "death". Fortunately we have CCC and Extella now.

no one would really like pan-history Morgan as person/"waifu"
    I'm pretty sure people would waifu PHH Morgan if she was in the game regardless of how evil she is.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Just have Fujimaru and Mashu tie the knot as the end of their FGO adventure and begin their new life as husband and wife. Their life still continues on, but Grand Order is over.
    It would be really afwul, bad taste and disrespect to the players, that's why it should never happen.
    It should be either Guda living alone in the ends, of player having a choice between set of servants (like Servant Endings in Fate/Extra CCC).
    Or heroic sacrifice ending, which would still be better than this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Good question. Nasu had the balls to kill Hakuno at the end of Fate/EXTRA, but also had the unballs to retcon it with the end of CCC.
    End of CCC isn't retcon, since it's different Hakuno technically.
    The Extra Hakuno still returned to the place of CCC "start" and died, the copy goes on travels with Servants or Sakura.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Not really a retcon.

It's more like complaining that Heavens Feel invalidates or retcons the UBW route ending or so.

They're different paths.

That said I honestly wouldn't care if Guda dies or not, because I won't lie there wouldn't be any real impact. All that's lost is a irregular, inconsistent pretend shell of a character that's pretending to be more than just (You) but also is marketed and said to be (You).

Of course, the idea that a character really is (You) is a lie and a matter of something you need to suspend disbelief in. But I'd say more than anything Guda fails as someone that they act in a wishy-washy matter in, trying to eat the cake and have it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post
    It would be really afwul, bad taste and disrespect to the players, that's why it should never happen.
    It should be either Guda living alone in the ends, of player having a choice between set of servants (like Servant Endings in Fate/Extra CCC).
    I think that is your personal taste rather than the community as a whole, there's maybe many people who like to see that, but given how big the fanbase is i think no matter what kind of ending Nasu choose the shitstorm would still inevitably happen.
    Last edited by Bunhelier; June 21st, 2021 at 08:45 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    What the heck is this thread? Is the OP an elaborate troll? I feel like I'm missing context here.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I don't like the concept, but also don't think it's nearly that big a deal. I also dislike the heroic sacrifice ending but I'll acknowledge that at this point if I wanted things to be tied into a neat little bow, I should have dropped the game post part 1

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    What the heck is this thread? Is the OP an elaborate troll? I feel like I'm missing context here.
    Yes the op is a troll, who stole the username from someone who doesn't even use beast lair

Quote Originally Posted by Gosserbam View Post

- - - Updated - - -

End of CCC isn't retcon, since it's different Hakuno technically.
    The Extra Hakuno still returned to the place of CCC "start" and died, the copy goes on travels with Servants or Sakura.
    I'm going to give you 10 more posts to further differentiate yourself from users Daybit and thessaliah (Fake). This means continuing to post about things other than the following: "lb6 bad", "nasu bad", "shipping", "cuckolding", and "many people say this *posts irrelevant link*". DAA talk is allowed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    Not really a retcon.

It's more like complaining that Heavens Feel invalidates or retcons the UBW route ending or so.

They're different paths.
    /EXTRA ends with Hakuno touching the Grail after establishing there's a huge chance they'll die, but maybe who knows they might survive, and then it doesn't show what happened. CCC is an interquel set between weeks 5 and 6 and ends with Hakuno, with no memory of the game's events, going to do the rest of /EXTRA as normal, and then there are 5 different epilogues all showing what happened after Hakuno touched the Grail, with them surviving all 5 possibilities. It's a direct follow up to /EXTRA's ending, giving conclusions to what was originally left ambiguous.

Blog Entries
    I mean I have never played CCC but I had never thought there was any ambiguity. I always thought it was rock solid that hakuno, the character you had been playing the game as had 100% been deleted and hakuno, the avatar he was spawned from was going to awaken but that was functionally an entirely different person altogether.

then again it’s been a hike since I played but it’s literally only just now I find out there was apparently a question on the ending of extra classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Extraverse makes no sense and never has- especially if you start counting Extella and so on.

My guess is the Moon Cell has been adding a bunch of Mods to HGW.exe and corrupted it's save file.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    My best guess is the ending will be ambiguous. Like, Mash and Guda disappear in a big flash of light or similar contrinvance while beating the final boss, no bodies are found, but in the epilogue someone mentions or receives vague hints they are still alive somewhere out there.

Everyone will interpret that a different way and the fanbase will keep having stupid discussions for years over whether they're alive or not and whether it's the worst or best ending ever.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just don't think it will end. It's too big a cash cow. Sure the current arc will finish, but they'll just scrape together a new plot. Maybe make it a scavenger hunt, like finding all of Tamamo's tails or something. Something with lots of parts.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I just don't think it will end. It's too big a cash cow. Sure the current arc will finish, but they'll just scrape together a new plot. Maybe make it a scavenger hunt, like finding all of Tamamo's tails or something. Something with lots of parts.
    …im gonna need some more quartz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Of course the game won't end, even Nasu says this himself. What's being discussed and has always been the talking point is how this Chaldea/Gudao's story ends when Nasu steps down, like he said he would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Of course the game won't end, even Nasu says this himself. What's being discussed and has always been the talking point is how this Chaldea/Gudao's story ends when Nasu steps down, like he said he would.
    The game lose its main appeal if Nasu steps down, so it is either dying immediately, or drag on until it does like having cancer.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Everything ends at some point.