Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Lostbelt 6 crystallisation of the worst Nasu's ideas?

Is the Lostbelt 6 crystallisation of the worst Nasu's ideas?

I've completed Lostbelt 6 yesterday and want to talk about it somewhere. The weirdest thing about this Lostbelt is how it is being used to promote Nasu's fetishes. There would be obvious spoilers to the LB6 story points.

First, the Artoria and Muramasa storyline, which unravels Nasu's blatant lie. Some years ago Nasu told his fanbase that Saber will never get a storyline in FGO, because "her story is over". He actually followed this modus operandi for some time, and allowed different Artoria versions to be their own character. Now, with Lostbelt 6, he abandoned that ideals to reuse the same weird Fate route inside of different medium and with different characters, which makes it complete joke instead of good story. Muramasa is 70+ year old man, a blacksmith, meanwhile he is being paired with Artoria for no reason in the chapter. You may think it was perfect opportunity to make actual good story with the FGO protagonist and Artoria, who is main character of the chapter, which would make a much more sense and be actually interesting, but instead Nasu pair her with old man and pretends that it is fine. As a result, the fanart is already poisoned by the clappers, who don't even care about actual Muramasa (who had decent characterisation in Shimousa) and Artoria (Fairy). There is no reason for Muramasa to even appear on our side in LB6 (we are enemies of Alien God), he is there as part of our group just because Nasu wants to "remind" the readers of story which has been "ended" long ago (according to his own words).

Second, it is the way that he writes certain female characters (as a female myself, I feel it is important). We don't have proper female villains, Olga is being flanderised, presented as a clown and Servant Universe tier villain (and it's the long awaited Beast of the End, the final Evil of Humanity). It's not even just my opinion, since there are some sites which cites my opinion. Then we have Morgan, who was supposed to be the evil monster of Nasuverse, who abused Artoria, did a bunch of atrocities and Nasu just cancelled her whole character to appeal to people who want to have her summonable (since, no one would really like pan-history Morgan as person/"waifu"). She was flanderised, get a random weird characterisation like being afraid of caterpillars. You can read more there. And this happens to most of female characters, that Nasu writes, notable also Kiara, Koyanskaya.

I feel like LB6 is the end of Nasu's reign and the "cult" which does indeed exists around his works.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Not the sock bro, they may not ban you for memes but they will for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

What, no comment about shipping Matthieu with a dog?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've seen the name Thessaliah posting normal opinions before in other website, so I'm not 100% sure she's a Daybit sockpuppet but the chances are still about the 90% mark.
    Last edited by Comun; June 20th, 2021 at 04:47 PM.

US Friend Code
    I recognize the name too, not familiar with them but this seems out of character for what I have seen.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's a huge dick move, too. While, I think it would be hilarious to go to SB or something as LVL and talk about how great communism, China, and Huge Amazon Waifus are, I'd still never do it. Too much effort for a goof.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Nanashi(kari)'s Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.

Wat

Blog Entries
    The thing is not even half way over.

The only thing I don't like about LB 6 was Mashu married a lion, I mean it's not even relevant to the plot and now our Main Heroine is a widow (I wonder how Lancelot feels about this) good thing Nasu not cross the line with his NTR fetish.

and as someone who loves vanilla, I hate how Nasu inspires the rule34 artist.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You have to understand that Mash is Ophelia's narrative foil, so she needs multiple otome game routes to further their parallel.

Fujimaru is Kirschtaria.
    Boggard is Napoleon.
    Beryl is Surtr.

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure Nasu can use other literary device to show and strengthen the bond between MC and Mashu, but banging widows is cool in myth and legend.
    Last edited by rxrx; June 20th, 2021 at 08:15 PM.

I dont really understand most of the charges being leveled here.

Were people so salty about camelot initially? The critisism of "fanservice" in a game like this seems weird do me considering everything about it since its inception.

Cant say as a fan of the more tradition vns that its my favorite thing but to complain in lb6 of all times seems silly.
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; June 20th, 2021 at 08:17 PM.

well, fanservice is good and all, but we do have enough fanservice as it is without adding more weird stuff into the story.

i mean there are many NTR doujin out there and now Nasu trying to make it canon so of course people in general don't like it considering most of them didn't start with the original eroge so its just obvious that adding the NTR into the story is not something necessary.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    well, fanservice is good and all, but we do have enough fanservice as it is without adding more weird stuff into the story.

i mean there are many NTR doujin out there and now Nasu trying to make it canon so of course people in general don't like it considering most of them didn't start with the original eroge so its just obvious that adding the NTR into the story is not something necessary.
    What do you mean "adding"? Servants have been trying to NTR Guda from Mash for the entire game!

Pretty much from what i know, you can say 'hes canonically only interested in mashu" but that doesnt detract from the core point. FGO is literally fanservice itself for fsn as hard as it may be to fathom for many people. Thats what all spinoffs ultimately are

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Pretty much from what i know, you can say 'hes canonically only interested in mashu" but that doesnt detract from the core point. FGO is literally fanservice itself for fsn as hard as it may be to fathom for many people. Thats what all spinoffs ultimately are
    Wrong.
    There aren't any canon interest for guda, since according to Nasu they are supposed to be the player. Main story just avoids any mention of such things. Side story have things like the CCC event or Saber Wars 2 event, and my room fanservice of course.

He even made a post in his blog how he made Nero Bride to be Nero who doesn't have memories of Extra's protagonist and is your heroine in FGO.

So there is no NTR there.