Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files Manga and etc (Heian Alien)

Thank you, Mr. Case Files... narmbo's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by No Face May King View Post
    It's not Waver content but there's like an entire chapter 18 and half of 19 in the google sheets ya know. lol.
    okay fair enough i'll hop on that too

Welp Vol 4 is done which is up to the Diadra's murder. So idk expect 2 chapters to get posted whenever they're typeset.

I own volume 5 so I will try to keep plugging away in a week or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Rough count for the pages in the chapters in Vol 5 is 26, 26, 28, 28, 31, 28. And my goal is generally 10 pages a week, give or take how text heavy they are or how busy I am on the weekend.

So figure out what a reasonable rate to yell at me for being lazy is from there.

sounds good

US Friend Code
    finished chapter 18, starting on 19 soon, working on some illustrations for lamp here and managed to snag volumes 5 of CF and 2 of adventures for y'all and its in the same link as before. thanks for your patience with me, sorry i take on so much and then get it done at a snail's pace

18 is posted. If you don't see it on your site of choice try another or wait for the bots to mirror it.

US Friend Code
    listen, the "asylum" joke was too good to miss. (i didn't think you'd actually call me out like that in the afterword...)
    regardless, i'll work on 19 soon-- i have a convention this weekend, and i have an artist's alley table i'm working on some designs to print into keychains for november, so it may be a short second until i'm able to work on anything. regardless, i'm keeping my eyes open for the CF OVA coming out soon, and i'll try to work more on illustrations for PDFs, ch. 19, and my crappy adventures translation as soon as i can.
    cheers everyone!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the release as always, both of you

File 20 TL done. Turns out it was only 16 pages. I was reading the table of contents where File 21 starts on page 27 but if you like take out the Table of Contents, the character summary pages, the promotional art for the volume etc. that eliminated like 10 pages so it went pretty fast.

Waver is back in 21 btw for anyone starved of their Wizard Daddy.

Hey. Seems like narmbo is dropping out. HMU if you want to do all the erasing and typesetting grunt work. If not consider the actual publishing of content dead. Imma keep translating and updating my Google Docs, but I guess all y'all on ya own.

Imagine not knowing Japanese lol.

US Friend Code
    Ah, that's a shame. Thanks for the work so far.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Good luck in your future endeavours narm!

Skiprow is the only one that can possibly help you I guess if he isn't too busy with other TL's

been a while since I read the LN translation, and so started reading the manga where you guys left off
    holy shit I had forgotten how much Waver speaks and starts throwing lectures right and left, the best part is that this is acknowledged in the series many times by Reines and the like

not even Touko's lore dumps in KnK were this long

US Friend Code
    hey guys i'm back i think i just needed the month off or something. full disclosure i've had some really nasty people interact with me about waver so it's been hard to stay motivated in producing content for his series but i have luckily had some good people talk it thru with me as well to convince me not to drop the project. i will be back on working on it, uh. next time i have the brainpower to work on it? i recently got rehired by the place i've worked for before (coffee shop) and while i'm always tired this may be a fun thing to do in my spare time that's productive.
    lamp wants me to finish a few illustrations for the LN translations, i have typesetting to do, and of course, i'll be trying to redistribute any new media coming out after this new year wink wink because that OVA seems to be promising.

US Friend Code
    Welcome back. Sorry to hear that things were rough, but looking forward to more when you're up for it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Welcome back. It sounds like things are going better for you which makes ke happy.

What was the issue with Waver these assholes were getting on you about?

US Friend Code
    oh its really stupid. i like melvin weins so everyone was mad at me essentially. i also said some stuff to some popular people on twitter that they didn't like very much about their weird yaoi shit and i got smeared hardcore...i was going to make a case files zine back in the day, but i had to cancel the project because it wouldn't sell because people didn't like me that much. i think the breaking point was waver's birthday this year when i realized my other work gets a lot of recognition and popularity but nothing i draw for waver/case files gets any traction because that whole fanbase on twitter is beefing with me for stupid anime opinions.
    i'd rather not get too much more into it because i don't want to drag my personal drama into my translation work, but regardless, don't mess with fujoshi. it will hurt the entire time you are dying.
    we were almost done with vol 4 anyways, and i definitely want to finish iselma. if i can manage getting the manga a full translation up to the end (however long it takes toh azuma to finish this series) by kicking rad's ass constantly and him kicking mine, well, that would be a nice revenge in my book. case files really is a good fate branch, and despite me really having fallen out of love with it at this point, i feel like i still want to do work on it at least. and who knows, maybe i'll get back into the swing of it with the OVA and any further content.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    Glad to hear you're in a better place regarding the series. Best of luck.

US Friend Code
    Glad you guys are still working on it. This is one of my favorites to read.

US Friend Code
    long time no see. merry christmas! here's some translated lyrics for the case files stage's musical numbers, with a lot of the heavy lifting done by comun, but the rhyming and fine tuning done by me.
    also forgot to mention that i have a straight .mp4 file up for download of the stage. be gentle with it! if anyone else wants to help with a uhhhh translation effort of the full stage lmk because my listening comprehension is only so good
    Last edited by narmbo; December 25th, 2021 at 11:22 PM.