Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seventh Heaven [Assumption]

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hmmm... I think 3 feels appropriate for the situation, given Mennie's assumptions.

My fanfics:
    The Gift (F/SN): The last duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (F/SN): Shinji X Shirou lemon. (NSFW)
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (F/SN): A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan.
    Palingenetic Descension (Tsukihime): The origin of the Tohno family's hybrid nature. (CW: sexual assault, violent birth scene)

Blog Entries

Beneath the Flowers III

Unknown Location
    Unknown Date
    Unknown Time

Health: Good
    Energy: High
    Mental State: Stable

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

It was only natural to be suspicious of the young man. He was the first person she’d met in this forest, and possibly the only other person. There was a chance he had been taken here as well, but he didn’t seem like someone who had been kidnapped. He was too calm. Menodora was calm as but she chalked that up to being used to the abnormality that came with being in a magus family. If that was her reason, what was his?

She could be subtle about it. Play a slow mind game of words and wit, putting together the mystery until his identity as the culprit was revealed. However, Menodora was more a fan of the Gordian knot style of problem solving.

“Are you the person who kidnapped me?”

If he was the culprit, then there was no point in hiding it. She was helpless regardless of what information she had. Whether her potential kidnapper knew that was unclear, but they were clearly overestimating her. A bag over the head and some rope would’ve done just as well, but magus love ostentatiousness. Makes a person wonder how they ever keep magic a secret.

“Were you raised by wolves?”

Huh? What kind of question was that?

“No.”

His lips made an annoyed squiggle. “Well, you could’ve fooled me. Only beasts would think it's okay to respond like that after being caught in the middle of a crime.”

“I wasn’t stealing anything.”

“But you were looking through belongings that weren’t yours. Or is that polite in your homeland?”

He had a point. She barely tolerated people touching her things with her permission. Plus, pissing off a possible kidnapper wasn’t the best idea.

“No. I’m sorry,” she mumbled the apology. The miniscule smirk on the boy’s face made her want to swallow the words as they left her lips. “Will you answer my question?”

“Are you serious?” A beat passed in silence. “You are. Don’t be ridiculous. How could I have kidnapped you? I don’t even know where we are. If anything, you’re the one who kidnapped me. Creepy little foreign girls in a weird forest is exactly what my mother always warned me about.”

“I’m twenty years old.”

“And you’re dressed like that?” The disgusted look sent a wave of anger through Menodora, though it was quickly squashed. She would have liked to consider giving him a swift uppercut to the family jewels, but even the idea was ridiculous. Menodora couldn’t fight anyone to save her life. She sighed and continued speaking.

“I don’t know where we are. The last thing I remember was walking down the sidewalk in Yokohama.” Menodora caught a slight twitch of his brow at the mention of the city. Curious. “It was raining and a truck swerved off the road and hit me.”

He gave her a once over and opened his mouth to say something, but she cut him off.

“I know. I should be dead. I’m not. That’s something else I want to know and I’m assuming it has something to do with whatever brought me here. The last thing I remember after that was the sky glowing gold and floating away, then I woke up here and now, I’m explaining all of this to you.”

With that, the pair fell into a silence. The boy watched the woman pensive as if he could force some hidden truths from her with merely a gaze; meanwhile, she simply stared ahead with neutral eyes, hiding away any revealing thoughts or emotions far from anyone’s reach. Without either speaking, it was easy to notice the eerie quiet of the forest. There was not complete silence as both could still hear a melodic tune humming at a distance, though it seemed to grow quieter with each passing second.

“Likely story,” he said.

“Is it? Sounds very unlikely to me.”

“And it sounds like nonsense lies to me.”

“Considering we’re in a weird magical forest, nonsense seems to be the only kind of sense that matters.”

He scoffed, “Sounds exactly what a witch would say.”

“You think that I’m a witch?” The irony was so painful, she could almost laugh.

“What else should I think you are?”

“A human woman.”

“Woman is being generous.” Menodora suppressed a growl. “As is human. Humans have manners and introduce themselves before flinging accusations.”

‘He’s still on about that,’ she thought. Closing her eyes so he couldn’t see them roll, Menodora gave him a saccharine smile. Her voice pitched up from its usual dragging monotone to fit with her school girl attire, full of bubbles and sweetness and no small amount of sarcasm.

“Apologies. My name is Menodora Strauss. It is nice to meet you. What’s your name?”

The boy cringed. “
    桃花
    Touka
    . Never do that again.”

Menodora dropped the voice. “Touka? Just Touka?”

“That’s all you can call me for now. I wouldn’t want to give you anything to have over me. Names have a lot of power” he almost smiled when he said that. Insolent prick. It didn’t matter. Elle was the only one with friends in Japan, so she wouldn’t have recognized the names of any enemies. A different avenue of investigation was needed.

“Well, Touka, if you think my story is unlikely, then why don’t you tell me the story of how you got here?”

An easy question. He could simply lie and come up with something similar to what she said, but having already made clear how incredulous he was about the story, there was no way it would be true. She didn’t have much faith that he’d tell the truth, so any lie he came up with would give her a better perspective on how his head worked.

“Why should I tell you that?”

Or he could do that.

“I shared my story with you.”

“That sounds like your problem, not mine.”

You insolent little shitweasel! I’m going to-

A wash of curses and vows of sickening bodily harm stormed behind a mask of neutrality. As she tried to think of a response, something caught her eyes in a tree behind him. Perched upon a branch stood a fluorescent green bird, standing in contrast to the soft pink of the tree’s leaves, as large as a cat with glassy blue eyes and three bejeweled legs gripping the branch.

Green Bird

The bird was sitting there, looking down at them, watching them, and as it noticed her noticing it, the bird looked back and smiled.

“What are you looking at?” Touka twisted on the spot just in time for the bird to take flight. It swooped low and swiped at him. The boy reacted quickly, already dodging out of the way of the blow. His hand flew to the bag on his back, flicking open the clasp, and pulling out a kendo stick. “The beasts show themselves at last.”

The bird finished its swoop in the tree above Menodora, who scrambled away from it and Touka. It raised its head to the sky and let out a noise. The mix of a bird’s caw and a gong ringing. The noise echoed through the forest. It took flight again into the canopy of the trees.

Menodora frantically tried to track the bird, but it vanished into the sky. “Wh-what was that?” Menodora looked at Touka. She wished she hadn’t.

He had transformed in a matter of seconds, as if he’d only ripped off a mask. A smile worthy of a ravenous wolf stretched from ear to ear. Joy gleamed like high beams in his eyes and his body twitched with frantic energy. He looked seconds away from bursting into song. He swung his kendo stick about like a batter warming up for the pitch, turning his head in search of something. He caught sight of her in the corner of his eye and his smile dimmed, but only a little.

“Oh, frightened? Hmph! Can’t say I didn’t expect that.”

“What are you talking about? That weird bird just attacked you.”

He scoffed, “Like it could hit me! Feathery bastard’s lucky he got away. But that hunting party of his should be a good replacement.”

“Hunting party?”

“Oh yeah. That cry wasn’t just for show. Someone’s coming here. Not anyone friendly.”

How the hell did he know that? Was that just a guest? Why was someone hunting them? What kind of Richard Connell bullshit was this?!

“If someone’s coming then we need to leave.”

Once again, Touka transformed, from a gleeful young boy to a furious demon. She could swear she saw fangs glint from behind his disgusted lips.

No. You need to stay right there and not move,” his expression returned to stoic judgement. “I’ll deal with whoever or whatever is coming, but you can’t leave.”

Who the hell did he think he was talking to? She can’t leave? The hell she couldn’t!

Before Menodora could turn and run just to spite the boy, she briefly considered something. What if he was being honest instead of an asshole? Was there a reason she shouldn’t leave? He clearly knew more than he was letting on before and this might be it.

But in the distance, Menodora could hear something. The sound of branches breaking. The sound of trees bending. The sound of the ground rumbling as heavy feet trampled over it at high speeds.

Would it be worth it to find out what he knew if they had to face whatever that was?

|CHOICES|

1. Stay where you are
    2. Run away
    3. Hide nearby

Last edited by Wizard; September 6th, 2021 at 08:07 PM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wiser to listen to what our zero-chill fellow here — it’s clear he’s had previous encounters to this situation, so best to defer to experience here, meager it may be.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

1. If you think about it, wasn't Mennie killed by trying to do something ? So if she does nothing, doesn't that make her immortal ?!

JP Friend Code

Blog Entries

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Far be it from me to try to knock the bandwagon off-course. :-P

My fanfics:
    The Gift (F/SN): The last duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (F/SN): Shinji X Shirou lemon. (NSFW)
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (F/SN): A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan.
    Palingenetic Descension (Tsukihime): The origin of the Tohno family's hybrid nature. (CW: sexual assault, violent birth scene)