Page 154 of 440 FirstFirst ... 54104144149152153154155156159164204254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Nasu: Simply put, someone who became a hero while feigning being something else. A hero like Zorro who acts while under disguise of a mask does not qualify as a Pretender. For example, let's say a certain A has died with their ambitions unfilled, and in his place a certain B continues their writings, leaves their comments and fulfills the role of A into the end, ultimately leaving all the fame with A. Meanwhile, B who was the interior of this persona cannot find any spots to occupy and ultimately the only one who becomes a hero is A, the exterior. This is what the Pretender class, one who wears a role, entails.
    Literally Faker then, ok.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Yeah, I was like "uhm... This is literally one fine print away from being a Faker" but hey, more power for us to bullshit our way through the canon lore.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But yeah, I still highly doubt that Pretender LaVey-Lucifer and Pretender Hobbes-Yaldabaoth work with the information we now have on Pretender.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    This one is a bit odd since an Alter version of her already exists in the Create A Servant 2 thread by Shiki-pon (and admittedly this was just sparked by randomly looking through that thread), but would anybody be interested in making a regular version of Milica of Serbia, possibly also doing one for her husband Lazar of Serbia as well?

Blog Entries
    My thoughts exactly. It infuriates me on multiple levels.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    i feel like Fakers at least have their own name in terms of what we did. They said they were A or were thought to be A but we know they are B. Like the Russian D'Arc and stuff. We know a faker because they were fakes.
    With Pretenders we dont know actually. They are obscured, hinted at.
    They are really just an OC class now where it is our task to find anecdotes and connections where probably none are.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Ok, so, I'll put my two cents on it. For me, Pretender is literally the two heroic spirits in one body, while Faker is one heroic Spirit who just pretends to be someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Note, they both pretend, but Pretender it seems is an actual mashup of two servants, with one having a bit more control over the steering wheel.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love how I accidentally started a minor debate over whether or not the explanation for Pretender makes sense lol
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I haven't read Case Files, but wasn't Faker a super special and exclusive class made by the villain there? I'm guessing their intention really was to just make Faker 2 so as to not contradict that.

Blog Entries
    But it is not far-fetched to assume that this class entered the summoning system. Classes werent a thing before the grail war tinkered with this stuff. And they recognized the Faker Class in the last Case Files event to i think there has to be a difference.

Both and Neither. Thats my point. That is why the Double Name is important.
    O-V is oberon because he became corrupted into them and Vortigern because he is the doomsday device. But oberon is still just a nameless fairy that inherited the function of the predecessor.

Hephaistion-Mnemosyne is neither but holds both parts somewhat without being them.
    Weird Class, brain twister, not easy to make, whatever. We do a better job with the classes then canon does anyway

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Eh? No, Faker is specifically defined by being for body-doubles and impostors, if you wanted to give it an accurate name, "Impostor" would be apt (though that would now be tainted).

Pretender is someone who pretends to be someone else, as the kanji name implies, "The One who Wears a Role". They put on the masque of being person A, while person B was lying and cheating to make a grandiose deception that made them exceed and surpass person A.
    Both of them have "two people" as a keyword, but there's a fundamental gulf between what a Faker and Pretender does with those roles. A Faker tries to live up to person A, while a Pretender tries to surpass them, as Nasu says, "continue their writings, leave their comments, and fulfill the role of A".

I haven't read Case Files, but wasn't Faker a super special and exclusive class made by the villain there?
    Yeah, there were a whole bunch of circumstances involved, but in essence, Dr. Heartless very literally invented the class from thin air for the sake of his grand scheme. Literally named it himself, too.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Classes werent a thing before the grail war tinkered with this stuff.
    Not wholly accurate; Extra Classes are deviations that basically only come into existence when someone is a funny gremlin and tries to make their own little species of ghost, but the Seven Standard Classes are recognized by the Throne as the default set, which is why there are only Grand Servants for the seven normal classes.

O-V is oberon because he became corrupted into them and Vortigern because he is the doomsday device. But oberon is still just a nameless fairy that inherited the function of the predecessor.
    This is false; Oberon-Vortigern is basically a big fat nothing, his very existence is a lie. He's not a Fairy native to the Fairy Kingdom, because he's not one at all. He's basically a husk shaped like the Fairy King that Shakespeare invented (in turn modeled on the Ancient Fairy Oberon from mythology, the two are distinct here), which had the suicidal impulses of Britain poured into him; those impulses are named Vortigern by association with the actual Vortigern, who bore that duty also.
    He's neither "Oberon", nor "Vortigern", but he's shaped like "Oberon" and filled with "Vortigern".
    But he's an exception to Pretender rules anyway by necessity; he's not really a Heroic Spirit at all, so rules that relate to Heroic Spirits who qualify for Pretender aren't fully applicable in the first place.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    This is false; Oberon-Vortigern is basically a big fat nothing, his very existence is a lie. He's not a Fairy native to the Fairy Kingdom, because he's not one at all. He's basically a husk shaped like the Fairy King that Shakespeare invented (in turn modeled on the Ancient Fairy Oberon from mythology, the two are distinct here), which had the suicidal impulses of Britain poured into him; those impulses are named Vortigern by association with the actual Vortigern, who bore that duty also.
    He's neither "Oberon", nor "Vortigern", but he's shaped like "Oberon" and filled with "Vortigern".
    But he's an exception to Pretender rules anyway by necessity; he's not really a Heroic Spirit at all, so rules that relate to Heroic Spirits who qualify for Pretender aren't fully applicable in the first place.
    Having the ur-example of the Class not actually fit the later specifications does make it pretty confusing how strictly you're supposed to take it though.

Blog Entries
    Pretender, presumably, would be someone who you would not be able to comprehensively discuss the legend of the original without discussing at some point.

I would imagine it's sort of analogous to the Combination skill in how much weight it should have.

- - - Updated - - -

As opposed to Faker, the amogus class.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Servant Class Concept

「Food」

Heroic Spirits, the greatest humanity has to offer. Originally a great mystery impossible to be summoned by mages, servants were created out of that conception into “degraded existence” emanations of aspects of the chosen Heroic Spirits, a parlay into greater conspiracies. Originally, the
    Holy Grail
    Heroic Spirit Summoning System
    summoned the “shining moment” of said heroic spirits, in the hopes of capturing their strongest moment and replicating them. However, due to the meddling of Alter Ego @&!?, the system has been altered. What now becomes of great heroes shall not be glorious recreations of their deeds, but the possibility of the “lowest moments of heroes” being incarnated into a mortal body.

This class is qualified by people who died by being consumed, or would’ve been eaten if not for interventions or the narrative forcing so. It summons not a hero meant to defeat the monster, but just another victim meant to be eaten by a monster. Perhaps the most famous example of this would be Prometheus, as this version is not “a father of humanity” or “freed by Hercules”, but rather “eternally eaten”.

Class Skills

Limits of Humans -
    Represents one’s limits and probability of becoming food to monsters, it gives a conceptual weakness against those with the attribute of “monster” and “beast”. The degree and nuances of this skill depends on their own ability against monsters as a human, without the exceptions of divine or supernatural gifts. Should a monster or something alien to humanity be summoned into this class, they retain this skill at a lower level, as they become a mocking version of themselves bound by humanity and the Throne of Heroes.

Deplorable Consumption -
    Represents one’s danger to be consumed by a monster, as even humans can be unpalatable to a monster’s stomach. Rather than “hunting” a beast, servants with this skill are the “prey that bites,” but prey nonetheless. Given to known hunter of beasts. At most, it guarantees substantial damage to their devourer while being consumed, and those with a B rank skill can be promised a sure-kill against monsters of a similar conceptual standing. At high ranks, it may allow the survival of the servant as well as the killing of the beast, acting as a gut that activates during the consumption process.

Sorry
    I know I promised a Fu Hao sheet three weeks ago, but I had the lame excuse of, you guessed it, school. Mock exams and such, and in late June I have my final exams coming up as well. As for the progress on the Fu Hao sheet, I'm pretty much done with it, except for the personality, but I'll try my best to be done with it this Wednesday. Again, I apologize for my tardiness for not really posting, I couldn't really keep up with everything. Hope this idea get used sometime, I've already got two (weird) servants for this!
    Last edited by HumanComplex; May 23rd, 2022 at 03:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    thats a...concept.
    I dont think that works as a class but it is a fun gimmick.
    I can imagine a Watcher or Gatekeeper that summons those people for a cannibal or beast to grow.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

It’s not really meant for something like a holy grail war or ahould even be considered a class, but just another creative outlet for writing a historical person in a different manner. Servants by definition are aspects of heroes, so the negative aspects should also be included, like Berserkers and Avengers, except this time, they’re less of “heroes” and more of “people who screwed up”.

Blog Entries
    honestly "Loser" would be a better name for that lol
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Promised Fu Hao and delivered Food? How?.

Blog Entries
    the best moderators always make the lamest puns smh
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    Servant Class Concept

「Food」

Heroic Spirits, the greatest humanity has to offer. Originally a great mystery impossible to be summoned by mages, servants were created out of that conception into “degraded existence” emanations of aspects of the chosen Heroic Spirits, a parlay into greater conspiracies. Originally, the
    Holy Grail
    Heroic Spirit Summoning System
    summoned the “shining moment” of said heroic spirits, in the hopes of capturing their strongest moment and replicating them. However, due to the meddling of Alter Ego @&!?, the system has been altered. What now becomes of great heroes shall not be glorious recreations of their deeds, but the possibility of the “lowest moments of heroes” being incarnated into a mortal body.

This class is qualified by people who died by being consumed, or would’ve been eaten if not for interventions or the narrative forcing so. It summons not a hero meant to defeat the monster, but just another victim meant to be eaten by a monster. Perhaps the most famous example of this would be Prometheus, as this version is not “a father of humanity” or “freed by Hercules”, but rather “eternally eaten”.

Sorry
    I know I promised a Fu Hao sheet three weeks ago, but I had the lame excuse of, you guessed it, school. Mock exams and such, and in late June I have my final exams coming up as well. As for the progress on the Fu Hao sheet, I'm pretty much done with it, except for the personality, but I'll try my best to be done with it this Wednesday. Again, I apologize for my tardiness for not really posting, I couldn't really keep up with everything. Hope this idea get used sometime, I've already got two (weird) servants for this!
    How about Odysseus. I think that he was nearly eaten by the cyclopses. Another example being that one Dutch prime minister who was cannibalized by a mob.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; May 23rd, 2022 at 08:58 AM.