Page 176 of 439 FirstFirst ... 76126166171174175176177178181186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 8768

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRebel_GreatGryffon View Post
    Should Sun Wukong be a Grand Lancer in your opinion ?
    Does it matter? Grands only really exist within in the plot itself, they have no discernible difference from normal Servants when it comes their sheets.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Ok so it's getting really frustrating since there's this canon np for him that's confirmed for rider class, but I also want to something else but it'd make it 4nps

- - - Updated - - -

Also, go for grand wukong since I'm planning on doing that some time in the future for my LB

Considering Ruyi Jingu Bang's canon description, what Type and Rank should I give it?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Should Sun Wukong be a Grand Lancer in your opinion ?
    No because he's a god.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    No because he's a god.
    For all the Grand talk people like to engage with they tend to forget the most important detail.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

I'm assuming he isn't using destruction of the heavens wukong as that'd be berserker, so it's during Journey To The West wukong. If you manage to summon him from that specific time frame he isn't a god yet, just a sage.

Yeah, this is not Havoc in Heaven Wukong; this is Journey Wukong. I make it explicitly clear in my sheet. In that period, he's immortal but would only have D rank Divinity to indicate his destiny as a Buddha, just like Sanzang.

You should be fine then

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    You know, Chrono I think you way to focus on making super OP characters that can beat anything, like I can get the appeal but that mentality can lead your sheets being just a bunch off random powersets sets. In the thinly veil of what amounts to a Mary Sue protag character. I am saying is that it end up making your character really shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    You know, Chrono I think you way to focus on making super OP characters that can beat anything, like I can get the appeal but that mentality can lead your sheets being just a bunch off random powersets sets. In the thinly veil of what amounts to a Mary Sue protag character. I am saying is that it end up making your character really shallow.
    Can you please provide the parts of the sheets I completed thus far that make you have this opinion?

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Echoing what Comun said but with the addendum of: Adventures of Lord El-Melloi II.

Within that text, we know that the official stance is that he's a natural-born god, a god of water to be precise. A true-blue Divine Spirit from birth, thus inherently incompatible with the Crown Station.
    And it's not exactly like he belongs to mankind in the first place given his birth circumstances being completely unrelated to humanity.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Can you please provide the parts of the sheets I completed thus far that make you have this opinion?
    Whoopsie, I think made a pinetree and tag the wrong person. Sorry about about that, I was meant for different person. From your sheets I think there quite fine. Sorry about this blunder. If you wonder on who is my actual target it would be Thompson. So, I am sorry for this libel against you

Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    Echoing what Comun said but with the addendum of: Adventures of Lord El-Melloi II.

Within that text, we know that the official stance is that he's a natural-born god, a god of water to be precise. A true-blue Divine Spirit from birth, thus inherently incompatible with the Crown Station.
    And it's not exactly like he belongs to mankind in the first place given his birth circumstances being completely unrelated to humanity.
    I’d argue that he’s not a Divine Spirit from birth, rather some matter of Phantasmal Species, and there’s nothing I see in the wiki that say those can’t be Grands. And also, for all that’s worth, in The Journey to the West, Sun Wukong is meant to be an allegory of the human mind.

I admit these might seem like weak arguments, but it’s there.
    Last edited by ChronoRebel_GreatGryffon; June 15th, 2022 at 12:46 PM.

I’d argue that he’s not a Divine Spirit from birth, rather some matter of Phantasmal Species, and there’s nothing I see in the wiki that say those can’t be Grands. And also, for all that’s worth, in The Journey to the West, Sun Wukong is meant to be an allegory of the human mind.

I admit these might seem like weak arguments, but it’s there.
    I think what's everyone's telling you is that there's no need for Sun Wukong to be a Grand, you could just make him as OP as you want regardless of servant status, and no one can refute that given past examples of ridiculously overpowered regular servants (Jiang Ziya, Gilgamesh).

Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    I think what's everyone's telling you is that there's no need for Sun Wukong to be a Grand, you could just make him as OP as you want regardless of servant status, and no one can refute that given past examples of ridiculously overpowered regular servants (Jiang Ziya, Gilgamesh).
    Well, I have no problem with that. It doesn't really come up at all in what I've written so far. I was just being Devil's advocate here.

Blog Entries
    You can make any sheet as ridiculous and off-canon as you wish
    Just dont expect praises or attention for it.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Bouncing of the QSH with 7 Noble Phantasms...

I actually like it when servants have a lot of NPs, especially when they are Rider. Naturally it shouldn't feel like NPs were added just to be added, but characters known for having many artifacts and iconic anecdotes like QSH, Esfandyar or Perseus feel like the kind of heroic spirits that should have an absurd number of NPs.

Thought I feel like it’s also because I like NPs in general, and the more I see well thought special abilities the more I enjoy the servant. On the downside, if I see a servant with 5 super basic NPs (laser beam, super shield, etc…) I would definitely think it doesn’t add anything interesting to the servant and should be discarded.

Also yeah, I would definitely try not adding NPs that seems to fit in another class (thought I might make an exception depending on the circumstances).

Quote Originally Posted by Frigix View Post
    Bouncing of the QSH with 7 Noble Phantasms...

I actually like it when servants have a lot of NPs, especially when they are Rider. Naturally it shouldn't feel like NPs were added just to be added, but characters known for having many artifacts and iconic anecdotes like QSH, Esfandyar or Perseus feel like the kind of heroic spirits that should have an absurd number of NPs.

Thought I feel like it’s also because I like NPs in general, and the more I see well thought special abilities the more I enjoy the servant. On the downside, if I see a servant with 5 super basic NPs (laser beam, super shield, etc…) I would definitely think it doesn’t add anything interesting to the servant and should be discarded.

Also yeah, I would definitely try not adding NPs that seems to fit in another class (thought I might make an exception depending on the circumstances).
    This just sounds like you want to see a true heroic spirit, rather than a servant.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    So, I had a quick thought/question. For Wyvern's "Lover" class, do you think it would be possible for someone to qualify for it if they loved themselves enough rather than someone else?

Blog Entries
    Is it the lowhanging fruit of narcissus?
    Probably, is my guess
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.