Page 181 of 439 FirstFirst ... 81131171176179180181182183186191231281 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 8763

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Where/when was that confirmed?
    I'd love to know that too (since it's useful info), the Wiki says nothing of the sort.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Where/when was that confirmed?
    When Kiara was deleted from the continuity.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    It's a matter of existential scale. A normal human cannot possess the power or scale of a Beast. But that's kinda a self-evidential statement. A Beast who began as a human isn't a normal human by the fact that they became a Beast.
    But, following from that, a human who is already qualified as an Evil of Humanity can ascend to become a Beast if their love is severe enough and their existential scale grows enough.

Case in point; Kiara planetfucking Sessyoin. Born a human, ascends to a Bodhisattva and Beast in one deliciously complex and interesting case study, using multiple powers in combination with her own naturally enlightened mind to make the ascension.
    Case in point of someone attempting, but failing: Ashiya D. Douman. He tried to become a Beast in Heian-kyō, but failed not because he's human, but because he simply doesn't love humanity in a fucked up enough way (or really at all) to qualify at all.
    And of course, to parrot my own propaganda (this one goes out to Lib, even if he's not reading this!) Manaka Sajyou is born human. She's just a fucked up abomination of a human too, which is part of why I'm bringing her up here (and totally not to unsubtly blast the protosimp horn with pride), the other part is that, even if you are not of the belief that she's one of the Beasts, she's existing proof that a human can be an Evil of Humanity, which is one of the major qualifiers for the status of Beast.

Essentially, there is far from any rule that a normal person cannot become a Beast. It just takes a special person, with a special disposition, and special methodology to ascend to the station.
    Remember folks, most things have to ascend to being Beasts, they're not (generally) just made that way!
    Goetia and Tiamat as exceptions, and U-Olga Marie excluded for lack of data, all other Beasts (the majority of known cases) had an eclosion process of gathering power and ascending to become the real-deal Beast of Calamity.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, super fucking new around here, but I wanted to swing on by and check this with people who know what they're talking about with servant creation. Basically, as a barebones servant concept statsheet, does this seem to be decent in terms of concept and execution?

Saber: Gotz Von Berlichingen
    Other qualified classes: Rider, Caster

Str:B
    End: B
    Agi: C
    Mana: D
    Luck: A
    NP: B+
    Class skills:
    Magic Resistance: D
    Riding: B
    Personal skills:
    Battle continuation C
    Charisma: B+
    Feud-Starter (Taunt/aggro draw) A

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Der Eisener Hand- B+, An attack where Gotz utilizes the full force of his prosthetic in order to unleash its full force upon a foe.
    Er kann meinen Arsch lecken- C+, A secondary noble phantasm natural to Gotz, where he can utilize his own sheer willpower in order to throw off orders, restrictions, spells, curses, and effects upon himself. A personal Rulebreaker, if you will.

The Wikipedia link for the guy for those unfamiliar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B...n_Berlichingen
    Last edited by Vididii; June 28th, 2022 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Specification

Not to come of as insulting, but I’m not really sure what your asking for. I’m inferring that you wish to ask whether you ranked the parameters and stats right? For the parameters itself, no one seriously care about that as long as there’s class and historical justification, and we literally know nothing on how he got his skills and NPs. As for the pasting of the Wikipedia page, I’m personally not fond of how you told us to look at it, when you could’ve saved time by giving a brief summary.

As for the concept, he’s suppose to be a knight that duels? Given that this is barebones, I won’t make a judgement so far without knowing the details, but the NPs definitely doesn’t reflect that. On that note, the concept behind the NPs are boring, but some flavor text can make it work. Although, for the second one, is the one I absolutely disagree with, it’s such an uninteresting conceptualization of one of his most famous quotes attributed to him.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not insulted at all, this is actually IMMENSELY helpful- I've got to go out, but when I return, I'll revise and flesh it all out when I get back. This helps a bunch man, thanks!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I'm personally curious if you have any mage or magecraft concepts. You said you were willing to do them.
    I have a few. Notably:

A magecraft style that utilizes the idea of the "music of nature", casting magic by synchronising themselves with that music.
    A traditional Aztec style of magecraft which focuses on creating these jewels fused with blood which serve as artificial Magic Crests.
    A mage who focuses on the idea of the infinite digits of Pi in an alteration of Pythagorean magecraft.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3117398

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3117403

Worth noting that fortuna had some good ideas about Aztec magecraft involving sacrificing organs and limbs and human-animal hybrids. Maybe you could ask him about the topic of Aztec magecraft.

Also: what unique hax swordsmanship do you imagine pan-human history musashi would display as a grand? It’s got to be different than femme musashi’s sworsmanship hax in some way. Conceptualizing his swordsmanship could be the first step to making him as grand saber.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; June 28th, 2022 at 04:57 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives
    Also: what unique hax swordsmanship do you imagine pan-human history musashi would display as a grand? It’s got to be different than femme musashi’s sworsmanship hax in some way. Conceptualizing his swordsmanship could be the first step to making him as grand saber.
    You could give him different styles based off the elements in his Book Of Five Rings maybe.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I am currently writing a fate fanfic the premise is the very first mooncell HGW and the main magus/master has magecraft that is based on the concept of the evil eye. How could I expended upon this concept
    Last edited by Ismail2002; June 28th, 2022 at 11:54 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wrote up a Magus sheet a while back utilizing that concept here. Maybe you could take inspiration from it.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is a fairly specific question, but say there's a guy who exhumed the corpse of his S/O, dressed her up in fancy garments, forced his people to kiss her hand, and dubbed her as the indisputable Queen of the land. How do you think this could translate to a Skill?

If it helps, the guy thought something along the lines of "even a literal corpse would be better than the despicable, conniving fools in my court". Now how do I adapt that into the sheet...
    Last edited by BnEl15; June 29th, 2022 at 02:11 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Maybe a bit of a is Illusion Skill that Involves tricking people into a believing that a corpse is somehow is still alive and well. While puppeteering them, into acting a certain way, though there are some limitation for this skill like the corpse cannot communicate on their own. So, basically this skill allows you to pull a weekend at Bernie's but with corpses' instead of drunkards

Blog Entries
    Not bad, though I've done a similar schtick with my Carl Tanzler a long time ago, so I'm looking for something different, if possible.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Independent Action with my dead Master
    A zombie skill that allows the user to keep magic circuits intact after death, like we can keep the body alive despite the brain turned off.
    And perhaps something that the state of decay is dependent on the state of whatever the corpse is designated to rule over
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, feels like a unique variation of my other original Skill, Corpse Preservation. Yeah, this might work, with some adjustments. Thanks.

Edit:
    Oh, maybe if I combine it further with Delusion Trigger, allowing him to "insist that the dead is actually alive"... that could make for something good.
    Last edited by BnEl15; June 29th, 2022 at 04:54 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fixing/fleshing out this with the advice given, once again, thanks!

Saber of the Iron Hand

Identity: Gotz von Berlichingen

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Armament(s): Longsword, Prosthetic Arm

Summoning Catalyst: A Copy of his autobiography, or the play named after him, written by Goethe

Servant Parameters
    Str:B
    End: B
    Agi: C
    Mana: D
    Luck: A
    NP: B+

History: Gotz springs from historical fact, born in Germany under the Holy Roman Empire in 1480, living until his death from old age in 1562. Beginning his foray into warfare in 1497, by 1500, he had formed his own mercenary company as an accomplished knight and warrior- a fact that did not change, when in 1504, he lost his right arm to cannon fire, Gotz designing, and subsequently commissioning, a prosthetic from a nearby blacksmith and saddlemaker. A second, more advanced arm was made later on, but this tool allowed Gotz to keep on fighting until 1544, retiring after aiding in the imperial invasion of France by Francis I.
    Aside from the obvious iron hand, Gotz was most well known for starting, and fighting in Feuds- Midscale conflicts between individual lords or landowners, settled not by duels, but by proper warfare. Gotz fought in 15 of these in his own name, not counting ones he fought in service of others- mostly against the Swabian League, an alliance of various imperial estates. He was also known for being dragged into leading conflicts and revolts due to his military prowess, such as the German Peasant's war in 1425.

Appearance: Gotz manifests in this class as a younger man seemingly in his later twenties, with tousled auburn hair, and an impressive pair of sideburns that track down his jawline to form mutton chops. Standing around 193 cm, Saber appears to look more like a biker than one of the last examples of knighthood he is often seen as. While he does wear a traditional set of armor, it's dark color, alongside the leather bomber jacket sporting patches representing his various conflicts, make it look as if he's wearing motorcycle leathers most of the time. Notably however, is of course his prosthetic right arm: while in life, the more advanced second prosthetic was considered as such due to it's ability to do things such as use reigns or a quill, in his manifestation it takes another form entirely. About double the outer width of his natural arm, the outward-facing surface over his wrist serves as a built-in shield. It continues backwards, revealing a small afterburner past his elbow, and the hand itself appears able to disconnect with a grappling or tow line- frankly, his arm is like a goddamn hotrod.

Personality: Simply put, Saber is the kind of man to purposely start a barfight, and then when he and everyone else are on the ground reeling, stand up, and buy everyone a round. A maverick to his core, Saber is amicably rowdy with a penchant for going against authority, and has a penchant for spite with a grand amount of determination behind him- often making proper alliances, or relationships with a master difficult. However, being level with him, and "telling it like it is", as he often does, is greatly appreciated by the servant, as bonds are one of the things he can greatly respect. In that, it's his own form of traditional chivalry in a way- while he doesn't tie himself down with rules and restrictions of his stuffier predecessors of legend, the code of knighthood is still there in some capacity, think a hero in a western.
    Additionally, Saber sports a silver tongue, evident in his class skills, and multiple occasions where he weaseled his way out of major sentences in court over the course of his life

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance D: Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. While Saber didn't accomplish anything specific in life that would suggest this skill, he possesses it at a low rank due to it being "something a knight should have", and thus, he carries on the tradition.

Riding B: Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts. An accomplished mercenary, he rode and fought upon horses for most of his career, accounts of his prosthetic specifically noting its capability to grasp reins.

Personal Skills:
    Battle continuation C: A Skill that allows for the continuation of combat after sustaining mortal wounds. It will also reduce mortality rate from injury. This Skill represents the ability to survive and/or the mentality of one who doesn't know when to give up, consisting of one's strength of vitality in predicaments. Saber possesses it at C rank due to his life of warfare after an injury that would have destroyed the fighting careers of other men, as well as the period of two years or so where his exile took place, and he defended his castle and lands that were, by imperial law, free for the taking. Notably, a rank lower than it could be due to the fact that he died safe and peaceful at home, instead of in a blaze of glory or last stand like many others who possess the skill.

Charisma B+: A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. While the distinction of B rank usually denotes the qualities of royalty, Saber possesses it as such due to his reputation for talking down the courts of the Holy Roman Empire on his offenses against them, as well as his distinction as a poet and legendary quote that became his noble phantasm, the reason he qualifies as a potential caster.

Feud-Starter A: A skill signature to Saber, allowing him great prowess in the ability to challenge opponents, especially groups of them. When the challenge is "accepted", it grants him a small amount ok knowledge about his opponents, and the pseudo-defensive situation it puts him in is his favored form of combat. In practice, it's quite akin to a wrestling promo.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Der Eisener Hand B+: Saber overclocks the systems comprising his prosthetic, exponentially increasing it's power and capabilities for a short time. While it runs on mana, the effect is still distinctly non-magical, and thus it just barely lacks the required power output to reach the distinction of A rank, despite the raw durability.

Er kann meinen Arsch lecken- C+, A secondary noble phantasm natural to Gotz, where he can utilize his own sheer willpower in order to throw off orders, restrictions, spells, curses, and effects upon himself. A personal Rulebreaker, if you will- while it helps make up for his low degree of Magic Resistance, it makes a master's compatibility incredibly important, as if he is properly supplied with mana, it could potentially throw off the effects of a singular command seal.

Design Notes:
    - I've been thinking about this dude for a while- he came up as a saber candidate when I was thinking of servant ideas for a Fate fighting game- being the resident grappler, thanks to the Iron hand. Additionally, the rest of his sorta faction, as well as "rival" characters on the other team, are fairly straight-edge, so personality-wise, I think he bounces off them well.
    - In my mind, he manifests as middle-aged as a rider, which focuses on his aspect as a commander and cavalry fighter, and as an old man as a caster, which focuses on his writing. Both would possess a degree of territory creation in order to form a keep to defend. I like the idea that he manifests young as a saber, because youth is often equated to an adventurous spirit often associated with knighthood.
    - Design-wise, his armor being a dark grey or black, in addition to mimicking motorcycle leathers, is a nod to Guts from Berserk, who seems to be a nod to Gotz himself. No confirmation on the fact to my knowledge, but the similar names, as well as characteristics (Armored mercenary swordsman who has lost an arm and continues to survive against all conventional odds) are apparent.
    - On the arm specifically, I liked the idea of it being a mechanical weapon built like a chopper, A. to tie into the biker theme, since he embodies the spirit so well, and B. as a small nod to the fact that the Germans like to name tank stuff after him. Plus, as a classic Fate stretch, I think it fits in rather well with things like Da Vinci's gauntlet- while much less advanced in nature than her stuff, he was born about 10 years after her, and outlived her by over 40 years.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    This is legitimately great and infinitely better. You should post this.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    This is legitimately great and infinitely better. You should post this.
    Eyyy, thanks dude- unfortunately, I haven't been on this site for even 24 hours yet, so I've got no idea how to do that.
    Last edited by Vididii; June 29th, 2022 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling error

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Just copy and paste it on to the main create-a-servant 3 thread.