Page 187 of 439 FirstFirst ... 87137177182185186187188189192197237287 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 8763

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 10:19 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Funny you mention that! Been waylaid today because my family's doing July 4th a day early so we can sleep in tomorrow, so I gotta do the sheet before I sleep, but I just finished the design!

Oh. I was just a bit worried because you were MIA for a bit and it’s a bit of a recent thing were new members post a few sheets then dissapear entirely.

I’m curious what you think of my extra characters in DLC’s idea.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Oh. I was just a bit worried because you were MIA for a bit and it’s a bit of a recent thing were new members post a few sheets then dissapear entirely.

I’m curious what you think of my extra characters in DLC’s idea.
    Not quite feasible I’m afraid-

1, it’s not my IP, and this would be all for free, so I’d have no reason to release something as “dlc”. It would just be part of the game proper

2, I’m a first-time solo dev, and I frankly have enough on my plate with 16 characters already. If I were to add anyone else, it’d be Dantes

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shielder Fortuna with his weapon "the wall of text with holes and snarky remarks"
    block 1 "its perfectly logical to make anyone a Foreigner because foreign logic. much thought, much effort"
    block 2 wrong assumptions and more "but i want it like that"
    block 3 needless digression
    block 4 bad take on my Foreigner creations and the class as a whole. "Outer god first, then servant" is something i repeat frequently. If all of them blend together, I wouldnt have won contests with two of them and get compliments for those I posted in the CaS. They are some of the few things I am confident about.
    But idc anymore. If not for NINE i wouldve forgotten most of your stuff too. Because people read dozens and dozens of sheets over time here. And you didnt post any servants in months.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Why are you two friends?

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean, well, people can disagree with others and remain civil. It's an acquired skill and all that.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Why are you two friends?
    thx for reminding me. It feels disingenuous to keep him in my list since the 'burned bridges' incident. I feel no longer attached to his comments and sheets like I used to since he lashed out towards others, getting defensive over neutral remarks. Especially compared to many others, on my list or not.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 10:20 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If I pinky swear to not use azathoth, can we stop scaring the hoes with all this?

Blog Entries
    The topic has concluded
    'The hoes' may now reside in peace

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Didn’t fucking baron Magnus use azathoth once for a foreigner and nobody complained about it? I think it was the human sans foreigner infact.

Moving on. You should make your rider Neil armstrong a full HFY “believe in the me who believes in you” meme. Kamera made a rider Gagarin who was a gurren lagann meme and it was the best shit ever and you should take inspiration from that.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn’t fucking baron Magnus use azathoth once for a foreigner and nobody complained about it? I think it was the human sans foreigner infact.

Moving on. You should make your rider Neil armstrong a full HFY “believe in the me who believes in you” meme. Kamera made a rider Gagarin who was a gurren lagann meme and it was the best shit ever and you should take inspiration from that.
    I did a Damascius Foreigner with Azathoth once though was criticized for the same reason.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

I am admittedly thinking along the lines of Space Might-Guy, as Armstrong will be the resident rushdown character

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps a little inappropriate to side step into a comment directed towards someone else, but fuck it I'm sleep deprived and making bad decisions.

If you want a HFY Neil, I am giving Lancer a functional space otaku personality who is very much patterning himself off the main characters. Add to that a inhuman certainty that humanity could make reality like one of his shows, and you get... well he's right after Tolkien, and I'm almost done him so... you'll see before the end of next week.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Based.

Here I read deleted comments and entire pages of text, and I’m not sure if I want to understand it.

Moving on from that, does anyone knows 2 figure, a original and a “copy,” the latter whom was raised in a similar manner to emulate the original? An alternative could be like a Siegfried-Sigurd situation, where the legend is pretty much the same, but culturally aligned to make a difference, and the legend itself should be set or created after the original.
    Last edited by HumanComplex; July 4th, 2022 at 01:32 AM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanComplex View Post
    Moving on from that, does anyone knows 2 figure, a original and a “copy,” the latter whom was raised in a similar manner to emulate the original. An alternative could be like a Siegfried-Sigurd situation, where the legend is pretty much the same, but culturally aligned to make a difference, but the legend itself should be set or created after the original.
    Hmm, a good question. The only idea I have for you is Dayfdd Gam and Shakespeare's Fluellen character, who is believed to be heavily influenced by Dayfdd due to his status as one of the most famous welshman to be heavily involved with Henry V.

On a personal request, Tolkien is about finished. Just wanted to see if anybody had suggestions for tune ups on two sections in specific while I write up the last few bits.

Lore
    The Faculty of Valuay has a very short list of creators it holds special contempt for. However, one individual in particular is an object of near universal hatred, despite his recent existence. A soul with an overactive Origin of Language, whose work redefined fantasy, and in doing so stripped a common practice of all its power. J.R.R. Tolkien.

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was born on January 3, 1892, in present-day South Africa to parents Arthur and Mabel Tokien. While his mother, brother and himself were in England on vacation, his father passed away, leaving the family with no financial support. Due to this, Mabel chose to remain in England with her family rather than return. These lands that he grew up in would later come to be part of the inspiration for the landscapes featured in his works.

Thanks to the peculiarity of his soul, Tolkien learned to read and write fluently by the age of four and was an avid learner. His interest in languages could be described as borderline terrifying, and learned the foundations of Latin at a very young age. Furthermore, he even began to write his own stories and read the works of others. An important occurrence in this time was Tolkien reading the books of Andrew Lang. This formed his first interests in the origin of the fantasy genre. He also had an interest in botany that he shared with his mother and, after her death, made sure to forever hold close.

With the tragedy of his mothers death leaving them guardianless, he and his brother were sent to live with a trusted friend, Father Francis, who raised them as Roman Catholics at his mother’s request. It was also after coming into Father Francis' care that he encountered his first constructed language, Animalic. It was created by his cousins Mary and Marjorie Incledon, however they quickly lost interest.

Tolkien, didn’t. In fact, it was the opposite. He was so enamoured with it that he went on to invent a new language of greater complexity with a bit of help. This language was called Nevbosh. Driven by this interest, he would learn Esperanto and write the Book of Foxrook, which contained his first self constructed alphabet. From a mystical context, this work has another achievement. The first time that, through his imagination and skill in writing, his Origin imbued his words with power.

Tolkien fell in love with Edith Mary Bratt as a teenager but was forbidden from contacting her until he turned 21 because Father Francis believed their romance would affect his education. This was actually accurate, as the tensions caused by her protestant background and Father Francis caused Tolkien to mess up in his exams.

With an inhuman drive, inspired by his want to be with the woman he loved and the resonance of what he studied, that being English language and literature. Graduating with first class honours from Oxford’s Exeter College, he turned to pursue his love. Writing a letter and driving all his skill into it, his Origin once more affected the words and further imbued them with both power, and the contents of his mind. One could say that the letter became a manifestation of every drop of his love for her by the end.

Despite, as he would later find out, almost losing her to another man, the letter did its job perfectly. They married during World War I, and he enlisted for service as a second lieutenant shortly after their wedding in 1916. This last part may have impacted why there was so little bad blood left between the other man and Tolkien.

Much of his time in the military was spent in France as part of the 11th service battalion Lancashire Fusiliers. Working as a signal officer, he mainly found himself serving alongside the working class men under his command. While the rigours of military protocol prevented him from forming close relationships, he grew to feel an affinity with these men. The comes heavily from the ingenuity, creativity and imagination these men displayed in trying to follow the military doctrine of ‘hurry up and wait’ in the stressful environment.

He was involved in the Battle of the Somme and was placed at risk of death a number of times. In the end though, he was saved from such an unfortunate fate by the least likely ally. Lice. Specifically, he contracted trench foot and was sent back to England, surviving the war. However, he was a lucky one among his friends, with many of them losing their lives in the war. Truly, he probably would have joined them in death if he had remained much longer, as most of his battalion was wiped out in short order.

After his return, he spent a brief stint working at the Oxford English Dictionary. Despite his relatively short time spent here, less than three percent of his overall lifetime, Tolkien claimed he learned more in those two years than any other two years in his life. This is because of a sentiment that was formed here, one he would go on to partially publish in ‘On Fairy-Stories’ and can be summarised as this:

Fantasy is the interaction between human imagination and human language. Nothing more, nothing less. The inspirations effects on the process were null and void in a direct context, and only mattered, somewhat, in the indirect.

While he would go on to have an impressive career in academia, writing a number of works that would become course standards, the most important one for the existence of this servant, is the four first published works in middle earth. Each work he made were projects of his very soul, and the ultimate examples of his skill in the manipulation of language. All the while, his Origin poured thousands of concepts into his work.

Chief among them his opinion on the fantasy genre.

Each work used the power conferred upon them to become a pillar that separated the fantasy of the past from the now, acting upon the work left behind by others and the waves Tolkien had already made through the influence he had on the works of others and his own prior publications.

However, the effect wasn’t immediate, and if more stability had not been added to these pillars, it would have all come tumbling down. Had the publication gone like Tolkien expected, they would have. Yet despite writing them for himself, expecting little of their eventual release, his skill with words had other ideas. And so Tolkien created modern fantasy.

However, to truly understand the meaning of this event, we have to also explain why he is hated by the Department of Creation.

The Department of Creation focuses its research into magecraft in artistry, and while some of those artists focused on written works, the use of literature was widespread. This was because of a process that had been discovered that allowed mages to increase the stability of a product without decreasing the mystery through an abuse of the stabilising effect of knowledge.

By creating works that featured their creations, and used their properties, functions or effects as major themes of the story, mages could stabilise the foundation and formulas of the creation. And through including other themes and using misdirecting plots, they could ensure a minimal to no loss of mystery for the work. While this procedure had been weakened by things like the printing press, reducing the inherent mystery of written works by reducing their rarity, it was still in major use. While it was used by many mages, it was most pervasive in the Faculty of Valuay.

Good examples would be things like:
    The woodcutter's tale: What would be a simple but efficient way of stabilising a tool.
    The Picture of Dorian Gray: A more intricate defence for a useful piece.
    The Jabberwocky: A masterwork of the process, used to stabilise a major, usually research defining creation.

It was effective due to the foundation of the fantasy genre putting heavy import on the influencing factors. However, when Tolkien redefined how the world saw fantasy, the effect of the process quickly dropped, until it was useless. The event caused a witch hunt in the Department, but by the time they found the one responsible, it was too late. The Department of Policies prevented them from exacting their desired revenge, and Tolkien was able to live the rest of his life, and pass away, in peace.

In the end, he was able to steal a basic tool of Valuay, reforge it anew so it could never serve its old purpose, and hand it to Norwich, and walk away scot free.

&

Noble Phantasm
    Linguistic Processing Unit: Outside Perspective on a Great Worldbuilder
    Anti-Unit(Self): E
    Range: Self
    Max Number of Targets: 1

This Noble Phantasm is simply a crystallisation of two concepts mixed together. The first, is Tolien’s method of world building. First focusing on the language, then all the rest comes after. It allows for Tolkien to extrapolate great amounts of data from a small amount, as long as the initial input is linguistic.

The more impressive part of the Phantasm is its second crystallisation. The perspective of the reader who consumed his work on his production speed. While in reality, the manuscripts he wrote were made over the course of decades, his fast publication created the image of a top speed production line in the market. While this was blunted by the post mortem releases, the concept of ‘Tolkien must have worked fast! He’d have to spend all his time writing to make this happen otherwise!’ still prevailed.

What this became here was a hyper fast computational speed when devising literature, compressing the work of days, weeks at the best, into hours.

Combined, this Noble Phantasm makes the process of creating new ‘books’ for his ‘library’ much easier than it has any right to be. In a happy accident, it also makes him ridiculously good at codebreaking.

Ah, this is such a helpful ability for me! Why, you ask? Well, it allows me to explore the implications of what I learn from others right away! And without noticeably drifting off mid conversation because the seconds expand enough for me to get away with it!

Ash Nazg: Regalia of the High King of Fantasy
    Anti-World: EX
    Range: -

Ash Nazg, or the One Ring in English. A symbol that encapsulates all of Tolkien’s most famous works in the fantasy genre. Fitting that it has become the outward embodiment of the foundational redefinition committed by Tolkien through those works.

This Noble Phantasm grants Caster the ability to engrave a magical foundation into the world around him. This foundation facilitates the creation of Fantasies through the expenditure of Imagination into Language. In practice, this allows Tolkien to use the power of human imagination to bring forth his fictional works to act in the real world.

To activate this process, an arya must be recited. That Arya being:

One ring to rule them all, one ring to form them, one ring to bring them all, and in my fiction bind them Ash Nazg.

After doing this, the process of engraving the foundation would begin. While the time it took could be accelerated through higher energy expenditure, it would usually take about a week to reach full extent. That is about the size of Oxford. He can dispel the foundation and re-engrave it elsewhere if needed, but this dispels everything currently made and has a few more issues.

Caster gains this Imagination through an interaction with Alaya. While, without restrictions, the amount of Imagination would be ever fluctuating, Caster is instead given a constant amount, in exchange for it being much lower.

While the power of what he brings forth is always set at maximum, this impacts the amount of Imagination it takes to keep them in reality. The same amount that would keep A Rider of Rohan around for a few minutes would barely keep The Riders of Rohan in reality for the blink of an eye. Furthermore, things that make them interact more heavily with reality, like being damaged or damaging something else shorten their time of existence. Only twenty examples exist of things that do not need constant upkeep, but they will be covered later.

In the essence, this Phantasm works in a triangle, where one side always suffers. To have many powerful fantasies, you sacrifice the time they can exist. To have a large number around for ages, they cannot be strong. And to have a powerful force around for a while, you can’t have much else.

Sadly, the above only applies to the works contained in Tolkien’s existing works or those attributed to him. Essentially, that which is a part of the foundation from its formation. Yet, Tolkien is capable of creating new works. These new works suffer from the fact that Caster must also ‘prove their connection to Tolkien’ on top of the other factors. The easiest way to do this is having others experience it as a work of Tolkien, and so bring it closer to the foundation.

The reason this is so important is that, unlike fantasies that are part of the foundation, and so can accept all the Imagination without consequence, new works grow brittle when more Imagination is poured into them than they can handle. This can even go so far as for the fantasy to collapse when overfilled to the extreme. The stability level of these also reset if the foundation is dispelled.

However, one boon exists in these creations in that, as they are not true Tolkien according to the foundation, they can be overlaid on reality. In doing so, adding their properties to that of which it overlaps.

Finally, we can address the exceptions. They are the concept of the twenty other rings of power. Not the rings themselves, just as Ash Nazg is not truly the one ring, but the idea that they are subordinate rings of the one ring. This subordinate status allows them to access the fantasies in the foundation, and possess their own cap on Imagination available. This cap is percentile, and while all may be available, there is a hierarchy of priority and the total drawn may never be over 49%.
    Priority Level(Number): Accessible Percentage
    Top Priority(1): 40%
    Second Priority(3): 16%
    Third Priority(7): 7%
    Last Priority(9): 3%

Explain Ash Nazg? Well, alright. I’d compare it to a library that could begin building wherever I want it, with my fictions being the books in stock. My ring is the library pass, with credit that allows me to take some books home to peruse. The other ninetee- I mean twenty rings are subsidiary passes that work of my own credit. The works I make now? Books that are being troublesome in the filing system, where the library is constantly calling you about them, and sometimes needs you to return them early. And all the progress they make is rendered null when I decide to move outside its service area.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I think fortuna just ragequit the beast lair forum. RIP. Shame. I really wanted to see his grand lancer viracocha servant sheet. Maybe someone should pick up on that.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Hmm, a good question. The only idea I have for you is Dayfdd Gam and Shakespeare's Fluellen character, who is believed to be heavily influenced by Dayfdd due to his status as one of the most famous welshman to be heavily involved with Henry V.

On a personal request, Tolkien is about finished. Just wanted to see if anybody had suggestions for tune ups on two sections in specific while I write up the last few bits.

Lore
    The Faculty of Valuay has a very short list of creators it holds special contempt for. However, one individual in particular is an object of near universal hatred, despite his recent existence. A soul with an overactive Origin of Language, whose work redefined fantasy, and in doing so stripped a common practice of all its power. J.R.R. Tolkien.

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien was born on January 3, 1892, in present-day South Africa to parents Arthur and Mabel Tokien. While his mother, brother and himself were in England on vacation, his father passed away, leaving the family with no financial support. Due to this, Mabel chose to remain in England with her family rather than return. These lands that he grew up in would later come to be part of the inspiration for the landscapes featured in his works.

Thanks to the peculiarity of his soul, Tolkien learned to read and write fluently by the age of four and was an avid learner. His interest in languages could be described as borderline terrifying, and learned the foundations of Latin at a very young age. Furthermore, he even began to write his own stories and read the works of others. An important occurrence in this time was Tolkien reading the books of Andrew Lang. This formed his first interests in the origin of the fantasy genre. He also had an interest in botany that he shared with his mother and, after her death, made sure to forever hold close.

With the tragedy of his mothers death leaving them guardianless, he and his brother were sent to live with a trusted friend, Father Francis, who raised them as Roman Catholics at his mother’s request. It was also after coming into Father Francis' care that he encountered his first constructed language, Animalic. It was created by his cousins Mary and Marjorie Incledon, however they quickly lost interest.

Tolkien, didn’t. In fact, it was the opposite. He was so enamoured with it that he went on to invent a new language of greater complexity with a bit of help. This language was called Nevbosh. Driven by this interest, he would learn Esperanto and write the Book of Foxrook, which contained his first self constructed alphabet. From a mystical context, this work has another achievement. The first time that, through his imagination and skill in writing, his Origin imbued his words with power.

Tolkien fell in love with Edith Mary Bratt as a teenager but was forbidden from contacting her until he turned 21 because Father Francis believed their romance would affect his education. This was actually accurate, as the tensions caused by her protestant background and Father Francis caused Tolkien to mess up in his exams.

With an inhuman drive, inspired by his want to be with the woman he loved and the resonance of what he studied, that being English language and literature. Graduating with first class honours from Oxford’s Exeter College, he turned to pursue his love. Writing a letter and driving all his skill into it, his Origin once more affected the words and further imbued them with both power, and the contents of his mind. One could say that the letter became a manifestation of every drop of his love for her by the end.

Despite, as he would later find out, almost losing her to another man, the letter did its job perfectly. They married during World War I, and he enlisted for service as a second lieutenant shortly after their wedding in 1916. This last part may have impacted why there was so little bad blood left between the other man and Tolkien.

Much of his time in the military was spent in France as part of the 11th service battalion Lancashire Fusiliers. Working as a signal officer, he mainly found himself serving alongside the working class men under his command. While the rigours of military protocol prevented him from forming close relationships, he grew to feel an affinity with these men. The comes heavily from the ingenuity, creativity and imagination these men displayed in trying to follow the military doctrine of ‘hurry up and wait’ in the stressful environment.

He was involved in the Battle of the Somme and was placed at risk of death a number of times. In the end though, he was saved from such an unfortunate fate by the least likely ally. Lice. Specifically, he contracted trench foot and was sent back to England, surviving the war. However, he was a lucky one among his friends, with many of them losing their lives in the war. Truly, he probably would have joined them in death if he had remained much longer, as most of his battalion was wiped out in short order.

After his return, he spent a brief stint working at the Oxford English Dictionary. Despite his relatively short time spent here, less than three percent of his overall lifetime, Tolkien claimed he learned more in those two years than any other two years in his life. This is because of a sentiment that was formed here, one he would go on to partially publish in ‘On Fairy-Stories’ and can be summarised as this:

Fantasy is the interaction between human imagination and human language. Nothing more, nothing less. The inspirations effects on the process were null and void in a direct context, and only mattered, somewhat, in the indirect.

While he would go on to have an impressive career in academia, writing a number of works that would become course standards, the most important one for the existence of this servant, is the four first published works in middle earth. Each work he made were projects of his very soul, and the ultimate examples of his skill in the manipulation of language. All the while, his Origin poured thousands of concepts into his work.

Chief among them his opinion on the fantasy genre.

Each work used the power conferred upon them to become a pillar that separated the fantasy of the past from the now, acting upon the work left behind by others and the waves Tolkien had already made through the influence he had on the works of others and his own prior publications.

However, the effect wasn’t immediate, and if more stability had not been added to these pillars, it would have all come tumbling down. Had the publication gone like Tolkien expected, they would have. Yet despite writing them for himself, expecting little of their eventual release, his skill with words had other ideas. And so Tolkien created modern fantasy.

However, to truly understand the meaning of this event, we have to also explain why he is hated by the Department of Creation.

The Department of Creation focuses its research into magecraft in artistry, and while some of those artists focused on written works, the use of literature was widespread. This was because of a process that had been discovered that allowed mages to increase the stability of a product without decreasing the mystery through an abuse of the stabilising effect of knowledge.

By creating works that featured their creations, and used their properties, functions or effects as major themes of the story, mages could stabilise the foundation and formulas of the creation. And through including other themes and using misdirecting plots, they could ensure a minimal to no loss of mystery for the work. While this procedure had been weakened by things like the printing press, reducing the inherent mystery of written works by reducing their rarity, it was still in major use. While it was used by many mages, it was most pervasive in the Faculty of Valuay.

Good examples would be things like:
    The woodcutter's tale: What would be a simple but efficient way of stabilising a tool.
    The Picture of Dorian Gray: A more intricate defence for a useful piece.
    The Jabberwocky: A masterwork of the process, used to stabilise a major, usually research defining creation.

It was effective due to the foundation of the fantasy genre putting heavy import on the influencing factors. However, when Tolkien redefined how the world saw fantasy, the effect of the process quickly dropped, until it was useless. The event caused a witch hunt in the Department, but by the time they found the one responsible, it was too late. The Department of Policies prevented them from exacting their desired revenge, and Tolkien was able to live the rest of his life, and pass away, in peace.

In the end, he was able to steal a basic tool of Valuay, reforge it anew so it could never serve its old purpose, and hand it to Norwich, and walk away scot free.

&

Noble Phantasm
    Linguistic Processing Unit: Outside Perspective on a Great Worldbuilder
    Anti-Unit(Self): E
    Range: Self

This Noble Phantasm is simply a crystallisation of two concepts mixed together. The first, is Tolien’s method of world building. First focusing on the language, then all the rest comes after. It allows for Tolkien to extrapolate great amounts of data from a small amount, as long as the initial input is linguistic.

The more impressive part of the Phantasm is its second crystallisation. The perspective of the reader who consumed his work on his production speed. While in reality, the manuscripts he wrote were made over the course of decades, his fast publication created the image of a top speed production line in the market. While this was blunted by the post mortem releases, the concept of ‘Tolkien must have worked fast! He’d have to spend all his time writing to make this happen otherwise!’ still prevailed.

What this became here was a hyper fast computational speed when devising literature, compressing the work of days, weeks at the best, into hours.

Combined, this Noble Phantasm makes the process of creating new ‘books’ for his ‘library’ much easier than it has any right to be. In a happy accident, it also makes him ridiculously good at codebreaking.

Ah, this is such a helpful ability for me! Why, you ask? Well, it allows me to explore the implications of what I learn from others right away! And without noticeably drifting off mid conversation because the seconds expand enough for me to get away with it!

Ash Nazg: Regalia of the High King of Fantasy
    Anti-World: EX
    Range: -

Ash Nazg, or the One Ring in English. A symbol that encapsulates all of Tolkien’s most famous works in the fantasy genre. Fitting that it has become the outward embodiment of the foundational redefinition committed by Tolkien through those works.

This Noble Phantasm grants Caster the ability to engrave a magical foundation into the world around him. This foundation facilitates the creation of Fantasies through the expenditure of Imagination into Language. In practice, this allows Tolkien to use the power of human imagination to bring forth his fictional works to act in the real world.

To activate this process, an arya must be recited. That Arya being:

One ring to rule them all, one ring to form them, one ring to bring them all, and in my fiction bind them Ash Nazg.

After doing this, the process of engraving the foundation would begin. While the time it took could be accelerated through higher energy expenditure, it would usually take about a week to reach full extent. That is about the size of Oxford. He can dispel the foundation and re-engrave it elsewhere if needed, but this dispels everything currently made and has a few more issues.

Caster gains this Imagination through an interaction with Alaya. While, without restrictions, the amount of Imagination would be ever fluctuating, Caster is instead given a constant amount, in exchange for it being much lower.

While the power of what he brings forth is always set at maximum, this impacts the amount of Imagination it takes to keep them in reality. The same amount that would keep A Rider of Rohan around for a few minutes would barely keep The Riders of Rohan in reality for the blink of an eye. Furthermore, things that make them interact more heavily with reality, like being damaged or damaging something else shorten their time of existence. Only twenty examples exist of things that do not need constant upkeep, but they will be covered later.

In the essence, this Phantasm works in a triangle, where one side always suffers. To have many powerful fantasies, you sacrifice the time they can exist. To have a large number around for ages, they cannot be strong. And to have a powerful force around for a while, you can’t have much else.

Sadly, the above only applies to the works contained in Tolkien’s existing works or those attributed to him. Essentially, that which is a part of the foundation from its formation. Yet, Tolkien is capable of creating new works. These new works suffer from the fact that Caster must also ‘prove their connection to Tolkien’ on top of the other factors. The easiest way to do this is having others experience it as a work of Tolkien, and so bring it closer to the foundation.

The reason this is so important is that, unlike fantasies that are part of the foundation, and so can accept all the Imagination without consequence, new works grow brittle when more Imagination is poured into them than they can handle. This can even go so far as for the fantasy to collapse when overfilled to the extreme. The stability level of these also reset if the foundation is dispelled.

However, one boon exists in these creations in that, as they are not true Tolkien according to the foundation, they can be overlaid on reality. In doing so, adding their properties to that of which it overlaps.

Finally, we can address the exceptions. They are the concept of the twenty other rings of power. Not the rings themselves, just as Ash Nazg is not truly the one ring, but the idea that they are subordinate rings of the one ring. This subordinate status allows them to access the fantasies in the foundation, and possess their own cap on Imagination available. This cap is percentile, and while all may be available, there is a hierarchy of priority and the total drawn may never be over 49%.
    Priority Level(Number): Accessible Percentage
    Top Priority(1): 40%
    Second Priority(3): 16%
    Third Priority(7): 7%
    Last Priority(9): 3%

Explain Ash Nazg? Well, alright. I’d compare it to a library that could begin building wherever I want it, with my fictions being the books in stock. My ring is the library pass, with credit that allows me to take some books home to peruse. The other ninetee- I mean twenty rings are subsidiary passes that work of my own credit. The works I make now? Books that are being troublesome in the filing system, where the library is constantly calling you about them, and sometimes needs you to return them early. And all the progress they make is rendered null when I decide to move outside its service area.
    Christ mate, this is utterly sublime- I adore the process behind your explanation of his history being tied into the mechanics of magecraft and mystery. As a concept, it's superb, and I love every second of how you elaborate on it.

As for the NP's, the only thing I think I'd change is maybe LPU: OPoaGW. I understand it's a crystalization, but it comes off as more of a skill in function

Blog Entries
    I think fortuna just ragequit the beast lair forum. RIP. Shame. I really wanted to see his grand lancer viracocha servant sheet. Maybe someone should pick up on that.
    F
    how will you survive this loss?

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.