Page 203 of 439 FirstFirst ... 103153193198201202203204205208213253303 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 8763

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, fair points. I'll put some research into the idea.

As for that, I'm doing the LB servants section by section. So doing the Prologue 15, the Chaldea base crew and the first free radicals first. Maybe Beast as well, but feel like saving his actual sheet till the end. So, he is coming, just in a bit. Wanna switch through other projects rather than burning all my inspiration on one all at once and be left scrambling. Plus, it's not like servant sheets are my only writing projects.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3179234

Maybe you can consult kamera about Confucian magecraft. He made a great mencius sheet. You could incorporate his ideas of the Confucian eight trigrams and the Mandate of Heaven as a nation building authority. I feel like zhongli would be the perfect FC for him (maybe incorporating some original lore about draconic cores and Confucius association with dragons for a morax FC).

The good thing about writing servants on the scope of viracocha is that you can really go nuts on the high concepts. You also better use a long haired bishounen FC for him since I gave the idea to you. I feel like Radagon from elden ring before the shattering would work perfectly for him
    Last edited by NINE-lives; August 11th, 2022 at 09:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    So a weird idea I've had for a Servant is Egdon Heath, a location, not a character, though I think some people have done location-Servants before.
    It's the village/wilderness setting of the Thomas Hardy book The Return of the Native (text here) among other works, and has frequently been described by readers (and character lists) as like a 'character in its own right' (like Middle-Earth I suppose, but much smaller in scale), which is what made me think it could work as a Servant.

While it normally resembles a Bounded Field covered in gorze-bushes and tombstones, it can dredge up one of the countless Wraiths it's consumed (e.g. Eustacia Vye) whenever it needs a 'mouthpiece'. It could also have a Grail-delaying effect, where any Servant that dies on its land will be consumed by it rather than go to Grail, until the Heath's destruction anyway.
    For Classes I was thinking Caster as the land and its people mired in superstition, Lancer 'cause it has a whole bunch of big thorns growing out of it, and possibly Avenger in the 'never forgets, never relents' sense. Not Foreigner though, it's very much of Earth.

Here are some choice quotes on the place:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The setting for all the novel's events; considered by some critics to be the leading character as well. It is profoundly ancient, the scene of intense but long-forgotten pagan lives. As its tumuli attest, it is also a graveyard that has swallowed countless generations of inhabitants without changing much itself. To Thomasin, Clym, and Diggory, it is a benign, natural place; in Eustacia's eyes, it becomes a malevolent presence intent on destroying her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hardy
    "The untameable, Ishmaelitish thing that Egdon now was, it had always been. Civilization was its enemy: and ever since the beginning of vegetation, its soil had worn the same antique brown dress, the natural and invariable garment of the particular formation. . . . The great inviolate place had an ancient permanence which the sea cannot claim."
    Last edited by NailsInYourFeet; August 12th, 2022 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Adding link to the book itself

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Overall, the idea sounds really interesting. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe adding the Watcher class to consideration. It really does seem to fit, since it is a third party that can only really act through proxies unless it can literally shift its own terrain, and even that wouldn't really stop it in my mind.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    reminds me of the conscious street for all the queer people in that one DC Comic show, i forgot all the names of.
    Location as a Servant is probably rare stuff, i dont remember any sheets that did that. Children of Einnashe from case files may be helpful as an inspiration when you do this. Like Chain said, Watcher could work, but class depends on how active you want the city to be. I can see it being an interesting FGO event, but they would likely add another servant that pulled the strings
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey vididii, got another contest servant in you? If not then what servant are you going to make next.

Blog Entries
    Don't know how much help it will be, but I found a website for Early British Kingdoms, including some related stuff like Arthurian legends and Saints.

Blog Entries
    I've seen a couple of Location (Genius Loci?) Servants, like a proposed Mt. Fuji Servant, or sutaa's Ozone Layer. Egdon Heath's more a wilderness area with a village than a city, unless you meant 'city' in the general sense. I was planning to have Egdon Heath's terrain be able to move around (very slowly though), since I figured it might be pretty limited otherwise. Endurance and Mana would be its main stats, with more average Strength and Luck, and Agility right at the bottom

I had ideas for two Noble Phantasms, the first would be that its thorny tendrils get tighter the more one wants to escape its territory, and thus weaker the more one wants to stay (reflecting the themes of the novel), the second would be the ability to claim the Wraiths of anyone who died within its territory.
    Not sure what Skills to give it though. I guess one designating that it's a Location, probably Demonic Defender of the State given I've mentioned its 'territory' several times, and maybe even Ultimate One as it's part of the earth and was described by Hardy as Anti-Civilisation

Also, I have quite a few other Servants I've been thinking about sometime making sheets of, some of which aren't new to BL, but a lot I haven't seen here:

• Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (Assassin, for Werther-related reasons)
    • Franz Kafka (not sure about Class other than defaulting to Caster, have considered Watcher)
    • Hector Berlioz (Caster, Berserker, or possibly Avenger)
    • Estella Havisham (Avenger or possibly Berserker)
    • Voltaire (Avenger, or even Foreigner, how he died is disputed)
    • Simplicius Simplicissimus (Archer?)
    • Patroclus (Faker)
    • Simon Bolivar (Rider)
    • Richard Dadd (Assassin)
    • Francisco Goya (Alter Ego?)
    • Black Dahlia (Foreigner)
    • Tess of the d'Urbervilles (Assassin?)
    Last edited by NailsInYourFeet; August 13th, 2022 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Added Tess; fixed 'disputed death', that was Voltaire, not Estella

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, some of these names are actually new to me. I did 'Zerker Kafka a long time ago, and Faker Patroclus seems obvious, but this is the first time I heard of Berlioz, Havisham, Simplicissimus, and Dadd.

Blog Entries
    Goethe is on my list as a Caster, Berlioz idk yet, because such a wacky aspect of his ouvre caught my attention.
    Goya is on my wishlist for Kamera to do, but I can see him being a good Demon Pillar candidate (remember that meta a while ago?)
    i wanna hear more about your foreigner Black Dahlia

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huh, just read about Dadd. He actually has some potential if you integrate him into Nasuverse lore. Rather than "just" a painter, maybe you can make him a magus, give him pure eyes to explain the fairies, or make him a demon pillar host to explain the schizophrenia. I see several ways that could go.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    I've seen a couple of Location (Genius Loci?) Servants, like a proposed Mt. Fuji Servant, or sutaa's Ozone Layer. Egdon Heath's more a wilderness area with a village than a city, unless you meant 'city' in the general sense. I was planning to have Egdon Heath's terrain be able to move around (very slowly though), since I figured it might be pretty limited otherwise. Endurance and Mana would be its main stats, with more average Strength and Luck, and Agility right at the bottom

I had ideas for two Noble Phantasms, the first would be that its thorny tendrils get tighter the more one wants to escape its territory, and thus weaker the more one wants to stay (reflecting the themes of the novel), the second would be the ability to claim the Wraiths of anyone who died within its territory.
    Not sure what Skills to give it though. I guess one designating that it's a Location, probably Demonic Defender of the State given I've mentioned its 'territory' several times, and maybe even Ultimate One as it's part of the earth and was described by Hardy as Anti-Civilisation

Also, I have quite a few other Servants I've been thinking about sometime making sheets of, some of which aren't new to BL, but a lot I haven't seen here:

• Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (Assassin, for Werther-related reasons)
    • Franz Kafka (not sure about Class other than defaulting to Caster, have considered Watcher)
    • Hector Berlioz (Caster, Berserker, or possibly Avenger)
    • Estella Havisham (Avenger or possibly Berserker, how he died is disupted)
    • Voltaire (Avenger, or even Foreigner)
    • Simplicius Simplicissimus (Archer?)
    • Patroclus (Faker)
    • Simon Bolivar (Rider)
    • Richard Dadd (Assassin)
    • Francisco Goya (Alter Ego?)
    • Black Dahlia (Foreigner)
    Ooh, those ideas seem really cool, especially that Black Dahlia. I'd love to hear more about her as a Foreigner.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    So, looking at MHXX's profile it almost seems like Existence Outside the Domain is a Anti-Foreigner skill itself. Is this actually the case or does it not have much do do with the skill and is just due to the fact that she's a Foreigner?

Blog Entries
    Foreigners are effective against Foreigners gameplay-wise. Makes sense, they are outside reality, so they know how to hit there, i guess.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with the skill.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Okay, I wasn't totally sure, considering the Servantverse profiles tend to be 50% actual lore and 50% jokes.

Blog Entries
    Foreigner Black Dahlia is only a basic idea right now, but I do have quite a few options of what Outer God to pair her with. The 'Blackness from the Stars', Haiogh-Yai, Rhogog, and Zushakon are what I've narrowed them down too. Possible NP idea was that, if you directly kill her, your identity becomes erased or blanked out
    (Edit: Leaning most towards Haiogh-Yai, since I think the whole 'black hole city' has the most idea potential, plus could in a way be a reflection of noir-style Los Angeles)

Huh, only just now realised that Genghis Khan fulfills Foreigner conditions, he's even linked with an Outer God in the Mythos itself (Aiueb Gnshal) and has a disputed cause of death

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I did 'Zerker Kafka a long time ago,
    Guess I must've missed the sheet because I didn't see a link till now. It'd be the second Kafka sheet I've seen after one on SpaceBattles, and it's good that both sheet's ideas for NPs don't overlap with my own

There was a specific faceclaim I wanted to use for Kafka, of himself from a pre-Bungou Stray Dogs series of manga illustrations of classic authors (HC Andersen was another one featured), but I've been having trouble finding it again. I might want to ask the Faceclaim thread

Edit: Since Goethe as a Caster was mentioned, beyond Faust you'd definitely need to bring up Jewel Magecraft, since geology was such a passion of Goethe's that he once owned the largest mineral collection in Europe (which could also sync with his writings on optics). Plus he was reputedly part of the Bavarian Illuminati
    Last edited by NailsInYourFeet; August 13th, 2022 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Talking about Haiogh-Yai

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Random Servant ideas anyone is free to take up:

Johann Konrad Dippel (Caster)
    : Charismatic but controversial German alchemist known for opposing the Church, reputation of performing gruesome experiments and allegedly creating an Elixir of Life. Perhaps most notable for possibly serving as the inspiration of Frankenstein in Mary Shelley's novel, since he lived in Castle Frankenstein (that a legend recounts he blew up the tower of while working with nitroglycerin) and supposedly practiced experiments involving corpses and transferring souls between bodies (so possible Third Magic?). As a Servant he could be a charismatic cultist figure with Innocent Monster conflating him and Dr. Frankenstein.

Old Tom (Lancer, Rider, Watcher?)
    : Killer whale part of a pod called "Killers of Eden" known for the contract they had with indigenous humans of helping them catch other whales in return for getting the tongue (the tastiest part) for themselves. Westerners broke the pact and so Old Tom disappeared, with the whales never again aiding humans. I imagine as a Servant he could be tied to the waning vestiges of the Age of Gods, possibly even being a Divine Spirit whale who chose to ally with humans to receive offerings now that his old worship dried up. Could be a Lancer with a Harpoon NP based on his aiding hunts of his kin and have a Skill/NP called "Law of Tongue" which lets anyone call on him to instantly come aid in defeating an enemy in return for claiming the most valuable "spoil" belonging to them for himself. Also have this as the FC:

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, I know they're more of an FGO gacha incentive, but I wanted to know if anyone could offer any knowledge on the BS lore side of things- I'm going to the beach this week, and since it's gonna rain for a day or two, I wanna make a servant or two to keep myself busy- so other than, "oh yeah bro I got my saint graph altered, check it out" are there any lore or foundational things that are part of the rules on them? I know they usually get tied to water/ocean-related deities/relics and are mostly a joke, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's usually just a powerful character changing their saint graphs. I haven't paid much attention to summer events for a while but Scathach and Skadi have done it before. So did BB.