Page 204 of 439 FirstFirst ... 104154194199202203204205206209214254304 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 8764

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    It's usually just a powerful character changing their saint graphs. I haven't paid much attention to summer events for a while but Scathach and Skadi have done it before. So did BB.
    Fantastic, thank you brother.

Blog Entries

Egdon Heath draft

Since Egdon Heath's a more, well, 'experimental' Servant, I figured it might be best to post what I've written of its profile here for some fine-tuning, before I put it up on the proper Servant thread. Went with Lancer as the Class for simplicity's sake

Lancer of Gorse

True Name: Egdon Heath
    Alternate Classes: Caster, Watcher, Avenger, debatably even Moon Cancer. Despite its eldritch nature though, it would not qualify for Foreigner, as Egdon Heath is very much of the Earth.

Source: Literature
    Homeland: England

Catalyst: Soil and thorns gathered from Upper Bockhampton, Thomas Hardy’s original home and most likely inspiration for Egdon Heath.

Background: Egdon Heath is the fictional setting in the stories of 19th century Naturalist author Thomas Hardy, though with a real-life basis in Thomas Hardy’s hometown of Upper Bockhampton. Its most notable role is in his acclaimed novel The Return of the Native, which details the lives of several of the Heath’s would-be inhabitants, most notably cultured schoolteacher Clement ‘Clym’ Yeobright, rebellious assumed witch Eustacia Vye, and the borderline-supernatural ‘redderman’ Diggory Venn. Yet the land of Egdon Heath has been hailed as that novel’s true main character, the character that populate it but a reflection of its landscape and the society that has sprung up above it.

When summoned, Egdon Heath starts off as but a small Bounded Field with gorse plants (their thorns the reason for its Lancer qualification) already growing out of it. But through its Skills that let it plant more gorse, the Heath can gradually grow to cover a much wider area of land. But while not a being of flesh (aside from its corpses), Like any wilderness of thorns Lancer is vulnerable to fire, uprooting, pollution, and leylines disruption, and of course the lack of Mana that comes from a weak or dead Master.

Alignment: True Neutral, both in the druidic sense of the term, and as a default. Egdon Heath is variously depicted as a nostalgic idyll or a malevolent cage, depending on a character’s viewpoint.

Dislikes: Cities, nuclear power, escapists.

Natural Enemy: Civilisation, Eustacia Vye, industrial Servants like Babbage and Tesla, ‘nuclear’ Servants like Karna.

Wish: For humankind to realise and internalise its status as part of and below nature.
    Attribute: Earth

Parameters

Strength: ***** C
    Endurance: ***** B
    Agility: ***** D
    Mana: ***** C
    Luck: ***** C

Class Skills

Magic Resistance

Nullification of magical effects.

- Rank C: Cancels all magic below the rank of Greater Magecraft or Greater Rituals. Egdon Heath is described as ancient land with long exposure to magic and superstition. However, that its fame dates back as (relatively) recently as the 19th Century limits how powerful its inbuilt magic immunity would otherwise be.

Personal Skills

Demonic Defender of the State

The capacity to mark an area as one’s own dominion by securing leylines.
    - Rank A: It is through planting new gorse-bushes along leylines, and by diverting the flow leylines placing new grave mounds along them whenever another person dies within the Heath’s expanse, that the normally stationary Egdon Heath can parasitically grow outwards.

Genius Loci

The ability of a location to manifest a personality of its own, qualifying as a Servant.
    - Rank A: A frequent reader observation of The Return of the Native is that, more than Eustacia, Diggory, or even the title character Clym, the location of Egdon Heath is not only a character by itself, but the story’s true lead. While Lancer cannot speak for itself directly, it is able to dig up one of the many corpses that lie buried beneath it and puppeteer their vocal cords when it wishes to communicate.

Oblivion Correction

An inability to forget, enabling critical attacks that strike from beyond memory.
    - Rank C: Lancer has a collective memory stretching back centuries. Increasing the critical hit rate of its thorns on Servants it has encountered earlier in the War.

Noble Phantasms
    The Return of the Native
    Prison of Permanence

Type: Anti-Army

Author Thomas Hardy characterised Egdon Heath as a dual-natured land where those who defied nature and wanted to escape elsewhere would never be able to, while those who respected nature and thought of the Heath as home could never truly return, if not physically then mentally.

The gorse-thorns of the Heath strengthen themselves in proportion to how much their target seeks to escape the territory it covers. For one as eager to escape as Eustacia Vye, the thorns shall move ever faster and wrap themselves ever tighter to restrain them. However, should the target feel a genuine inclination to remain in the Heath, like Clym or Diggory, then the grip of its thorns becomes no tighter than your average gorse-bush.

However, to ensure that none can truly escape the Heath in their mind, Lancer is able to reach its thorns into its targets’ ears, or through their eyes if necessary, to plant the seeds of new thorns. When a new gorse plant is fully grown, Lancer becomes able to puppeteer that person like a parasite. This is naturally much easier to do with regular humans than with Servants.

Rainbarrows
    Graveyard of Generations

Type: Anti-Army

Other than the gorse, Egdon Heath’s most notable feature are the swathes of tumuli hat dot its landscape. Underneath, whole generations of corpses lie buried, going at least as far back to, by Hardy’s reckoning, the time of King Lear, or the early Middle Ages after the end of the Age of Gods. Whether Lancer is a remnant of land from the Age of Gods, or an angry scar that arose because of that Age’s end, it gives no clear answer.

Either way, through this tumuli NP the Heath claims possession of every soul throughout its history that has died and been buried beneath it. Most troubling for the Grail War, this also includes any Servants killed in its Territory, thus delaying the War’s completion. This however is of little concern to the Heath, given it already sees the Grail as on its land anyway.

Summoned as Caster, the Heath would be able to call upon the ghosts of its victims inhabitants directly. Yet in the vessel of Lancer, it makes do by puppeteering their corpses using its thorns. Several of the souls buried below could qualify as Servants were they summoned on their own, such as Eustacia Vye, Diggory Venn, King Lear (the pre-Shakespeare version, whose kingdom of old was in the area), Cordelia, and even Thomas Hardy himself, due to Egdon Heath’s main inspiration being his hometown.

Links:

Wikipedia

The Return of the Native Wikipedia

TRotN full text

Thomas Hardy
    Last edited by NailsInYourFeet; August 15th, 2022 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Clarified King Lear a little

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i know this recent trend of posting your pretty much finished sheets here is technically in the spirit of my thread here, but i think you all take CaS too serious.
    If you get notable feedback in CaS, just fix the sheet in CaS post-production. Its not like we are a panel and give thumbs up or down to determine your future here.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nay.
    The council hath spoken.
    For not meeting our minimum limit of 15,000 words and three collapse tags in one sheet, you are hereby sentenced to burning at the stake.

Blog Entries
    Since I talked about my ideas for planned Servants earlier, I also have Servant sheets I wrote up nearly a decade ago when I was first on Beast's Lair that, this many years later, I wanna get around to revising sometime (emphasis on 'sometime'):

AKA Leyeet massive_jojo_reference's Avatar
    I am currently working on a Māui sheet, the concept I ended up on, because he has many different myths in different places, is that he was thrown into the sea off Hawaii by his mother Hina (moon goddess) and washed ashore on New Zealand where he was adopted by a different set of gods, Essentially he would be a hero who travelled across Polynesia helping people and pissing off the gods in the process, it's still in its early stages but i think i have a good thing going.

Edit: there's was also a Albert Einstein 2.0 sheet i was working on, but due to the implications of E=mc², spacetime, speed of light etc, his powers got out of hand really really quickly, so to not risk having Beasts lair servers be the center point of a new singularity it's currently on hold.
    Last edited by massive_jojo_reference; August 15th, 2022 at 09:42 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey legendary, are you willing to work on mages. I have some mage ideas I think would be interesting including:

Ethiopian royal magus family who are the remnants of the Solomonic Dynasty. Their magecraft involves the reproduction of the Ark of Covenant and the Seal of Solomon.

Eastern Orthodox Church equivalent/rival of the Eight Sacrament based in Georgia. They specialize in LARPing as St. George, slaying "Dragons" instead of Dead Apostles.

Iraqi Mandaean magus group whose goal is to rebuild Eden and resurrect Adam. In this purpose they employ advanced Baptismal magecraft and Age of Gods Sumerian artifacts.

Indonesian magus family that has access to extremely powerful puppetry and necromancy magecraft. it is based on the cultural philosophy of death and funerary practices of the Torajan people.

Malaysian magus-blacksmith family who claimed descent from Hang Tuah. They are custodian of the Kris Taming Sari, and their goal is to reach the Root through perfecting the Kris and fusing their soul with it.

The Chivalric Order of Malta, successor of the Hospitaller Knights. Operating under the authorization of the Holy Church, they consists of holy knight-doctors that specializes in handling natural disasters and pandemics of magical nature.

Nizari Ismaili Religious Order that is the spiritual successor of the Assassins of Alamut. In the modern era, they are far less extreme in their methods, but they still are capable of using magecraft that reproduces the divine miracles of the 18 Zabaniya.

An underground cabal of ultra-rich magus based on the Amsterstam Stock Exchange. They inherit a treasury of magical mystic codes and artifacts plundered by the VOC megacorporation throughout the world and developed a peculiar numeral magecraft ritual based on the financial concept of Bonds and Shares.

Zoology and Archeology magus organization based in North Africa whose goal is research the mystery laden Rock Paintings and Fossils scatted throughout the Sahara Desert. In this endeavor they have successfully been able to recreate a Chimeric Species that exhibit the characteristic of the mythological Gigantes of Greek Mythology.

A magus spy organization formed by Sir Francis Walsingham, working directly under the Crown of Britain. In modern day they are integrated into the Five Eyes intelligence network and has partial access to the data of the NSA and CIA. They employ devious magecraft that specializes in mass-telepathy, memory partitioning and interfering with the brain.

I feel like these might be interesting and could be useful.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just want to ask to those that wants to enter the monthly contest or wish to add a second sheet to it, how are you guys process on your sheets?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    My second sheet is going... tiringly, because idea 1 I decided was too uncomplicated for it and I posted a bit ago as Anqi Sheng, and idea 2 is stuck, so I'm working on a complicated Idea 3 I hope I can get it done in time.

And OOH, those magecraft ideas actually sound quite intriguing!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I'm hope the same for my sheet too. Oh god why did I have make their lore & background so long?! I swear I'll be surprised if I don't lose all of my brain cells by the 23rd.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I’m debating a second one, but I’m still researching who I wanna do it on

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going mostly well. I've got two sheets I'm working on concurrently and two rejected sheets that'll be completed later and posted here. Beast (maybe avenger) Schrodinger's Cat and Fairy Knight Bran (Redcap). The two sheets i'm making now are Bai Suzhen and Ywain. Whichever one of the two I don't submit to the contest I'll post here.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey Legendary, how’s your contest sheet coming along. Remember that the contest ends on the 22nd.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ones half done, but on pause, because the other is three-quarters done, but getting some emergency re-writes because of things. Combine that with life kicking my ass the last little bit, I'll get it in before the deadline, but it is probably going to be close.

As for the mage thing, yes I'm open to doing them, and whilst some are interesting, I'm probably going to do my own thing with them. Which actually brings me to a question. Would things like DA's, or highly sentient phantasmal species that would appear in Lostbelts(For example, the fairies of Avalon Le Fae) ok for the Mage thread, or is it just human mages?
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Nobody even uses the mage thread anymore. Just go for it. Nobody will complain about it.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We have plenty of threads for reconstruction of mythologies, about human mages, about creation of your own lostbelt (and yes, some post sheets there when it's integrated with the story) and so on so on. Take a look at our threads here and see which fits your needs best!
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —
    —————

Blog Entries
    NINE-Lives told me to go here. So I've been trying to make my first sheet for about 2 weeks now, mainly because I want mine to be historically accurate than just making up stuff for the sake of making it unique. She's a fusion servant of Sayyida Al Hurra and Queen Calafia from the Adventures of Esplandian. I need some help with ideas for NPs relating to both of them, mainly Sayyida because I can't really find much info on her (hell, even the name of her ship would be helpful if i could just find it.)

This is currently all I've developed for my Servant:

Le Sheet

Class: Rider
    True Name:
    *Queen Calafia
    *Sayyida Al Hurra (Epithet)
    *Lalla Aicha (Civilian Name)
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: Morocco/Spain (16th century)

Parameters:

STR: C
    END: B
    AGI: B-
    MGI: E
    LCK: A+
    NP:

Catalyst:

Class Skills:
    *Riding B+: The Captain of the Eastern Seas
    *Magic Resistance B:
    Personal Skills:
    *Voyager of the Storm B+: Ignited by fury and passion, Sayyida Al Hurra was one of the few people to take control of the Mediterranean
    *Golden Rule B:
    *Al-Hurra EX: One of the last people to hold the prestigious Arabic title of Queen, she presumes control over all Islamic-rooted servants to fight for her cause; including those of the mysterious Hashashin. This seems to be the Islamic version of Imperial Privilege

Noble Phantasm(s):

Noble Phantasm Name
    Noble Phantasm Title

She commanded a fleet of ships with which she demanded tribute from surrounding lands, and she kept an aerial defense force of griffins, fabulous animals which were native to California, trained to kill any man they found.

Type:
    Range:
    Max Targets:

Lore:

The eternal queen of California….Strong, Courageous, full of Strength and Love. The most ethereal descendant of the monarchy that rules over the mystical realm California. Possessing the desire to achieving greatness; she wanted to see the world and plunder a portion of it with superior fighting ability, using her army of women warriors.

Meeting a young Muslim man named Radiaro, he convinced her to try and claim Constantinople from the Christians. She set sail with her legion of gold-clad soldiers towards the capital.

Landing on the shores, she commands her army of griffins to attack the city, erupting chaos as blood spills everywhere, the beasts unable to discern the difference between those inhabiting the city and those who are allied with Raidaro.

The fight goes on for many days until King Amadis agrees to have him, Prince Esplandian, and his guard Talanque fight the leaders of their forces to decide the fate of the war. Calafia becomes smitten with the prince once he sees his face, although he is already betrothed to Amadis’s daughter Leonorina.

She duels King Amadis, the fight going on for hours until Amadis finally disarms her and knocks her helmet off. With her defeat, she surrenders to Constantinople after “seeing the true order of Christianity”.

If only this were true….

Calafia’s true identity is the last Muslim Queen: Sayyida Al-Hurra Lalla Aicha. Born in 1491 in Granada, Spain. Young Lalla was only 2 years old when she was forced to leave her homeland to Tetouan, a city in the heart of North Morocco.

Growing up safe and secure, she had the privilege of having a first-rate education, learning from the famous scholar himself, Abdallah al-Ghazwani. At the age of 16, she married the Hakimat Tetwan, a man 30 years her elder.

She learned much of the affaris of the political realm due to her husband, being entrusted with title temporarily when her spouse left the city for diplomacy. In the year of 1515, only 8 years after she had been married, the Hakimat Tetwan died. Rather than attempting to find a male replacement, the city accepted Lalla with the role, additionally bestowing her with the title of Sayyida Al-Hurra which closely translates to Sovereign Lady.

Personality:

Relationships:

Barbarrossa: “Oh, you! You’re my old business partner, aren’t ya? The Ottoman Corsairs? That sounds like an old yağlı gόreş team? Haaha~”

Constantine XI: “AMADIS, I WILL END YO- Oh wait, you’re not him….Your story feels really similar to him though, Are you sure you’re not him?”

Creator Notes: (Optional)
    Ya-ho~ I'm still new here so this box ain't filled out as it should be.

The Bucket

This Permutations and Combinatronics shit is verily bussing yo~

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you could fuse the gryphon that califia rode on with the ship that sayyida rides into some metal techno-magical robot gryphon. Maybe with a friendly fire effect based on them hurting friend and foe alike.

Maybe she has some Sufi magecraft based on her studying under al-ghazwani.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; August 16th, 2022 at 08:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yo, never heard of them before, but that story’s mad fucking cool.

Regardless, on the subject of NP’s, I can’t find anything on the ship name. I’d perhaps suggest “La Armada Dorada” as a simple translation of “the golden armada”, though you could very easily use better-sounding synonyms that are more to your liking.

And while it’s rather basic, you could also do something with a reality marble considering her being the queen of a territory and general. Hell, you could go with something along the lines of “ La embajada de Griffin” or The Griffin Embassy, which would transport a foe to a small island modeled off the mythical coast of her home, where they’re beset by her beasts.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Sayyida didn't really have a ship name: When I did her, I gave her a ship made out of water and symbolized the Barbarossa bond with her with a Scylla/Charybdis imitation (the ship replacing Barbarossa in it)... Also, a cool anecdote of Sayyida is the fact that when she married the sultan, it was the first Moroccan sultan marriage outside of the capital, for she refused to marry anywhere else but her home of Tetouan. Another nice one is an anecdote where she became acclaimed and respected by the very people she began warring on in her vengeance (The Spanish monarchs, who drove her and her family out)