Page 205 of 439 FirstFirst ... 105155195200203204205206207210215255305 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 8770

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This idea came to me as I was looking for a list of classic literature characters while trying to guess Nails' Berserker. This idea didn't really go anywhere in my head though, so I'm leaving it here for anyone else interested. I may or may not go back to this idea in a couple weeks/months if no one else wants to take her.

A Berserker/Watcher Pollyanna who gradually ensnares her surroundings in her NP, the Glad Game. It alters the affected targets' perception of reality with the rule that "if it doesn't make you happy in some way, you won't be able to perceive it". Might also be a front for some twisted happiness-related god summoned as a Pretender.

Alternatively, just a more straightforward, book-accurate Pollyanna who uses a tamer version of that NP to teach the Master to look for the bright side of life. I imagine she'd have a really wholesome dynamic with masters who experienced considerable angst/trauma (so... most Fate Masters, actually).
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 17th, 2022 at 11:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've stalled a little on my Black Dahlia sheet since, well, I haven't really been able to choose a single Outer God to bond her with. My first thought were Outer Gods associated with the colour black, but then I also considered werewolf-like ones (since her case was originally nicknamed 'The Werewolf murders') or flower-based Outer Gods.

Then I thought, well given we don't know who killed her in real life (though we have made some educated guesses) I just could leave which Outer God she's bonded with ambiguous, since it'd fit their unknowable nature and her unsolved murder. However, it'd be too easy to just say 'We dunno which Eldritch being she's with', so I would want to leave enough evidence throughout her sheet for readers to narrow it down.

Here's an elaboration on which possible Outer Gods I've been thinking of:

Haiogh-Yai: The 'Outsider' who lives in a moving black hole, which also (somehow) contains an unreal city where worm or lizard-like beings live.

Zushakon: A black, swirling vortex seen as a death god by the Mutsune, who live in California (well, North not South though)

The Blackness from the Stars: A mass of living darkness from the centre of the universe.

Rhogog: A one-eyed, leafless black tree.

Ngirrth'lu: A bat-winged wolf monster with werewolf attendants.

Mh'ithrha: A monster compared to Fenrir, rules over the Hounds of Tindalos.

Turua: A fungus monster haunting Florida, where Elizabeth Short resided for a time.

Ialdagorth: A shapeless black mist who's Azathoth's servant

While I like the idea of leaving which Horror it is ambiguous, if I had to pick one it'd probably be Haiogh-Yai, with Mh'ithrha in second

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I don't think some of these should even be considered.
    I'm not as worried about using only old addditions to the mythos like DelRey but stuff like Mh'ithrha doesn't feel right. It's a TTRPG monster from 2001, what's interesting or mysterious about him?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I'm not as worried about using only old addditions to the mythos like DelRey but stuff like Mh'ithrha doesn't feel right. It's a TTRPG monster from 2001, what's interesting or mysterious about him?
    Someone made a pretty good Foreigner Bete du Gevaudan with Mh'ithrha in the contest thread a while back.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I made a Argos foreigner sheet with him a bit ago it was fun

Blog Entries
    I do think this prioritises Zushakon for me with Dahlia a bit more then, he wasn't created by Lovecraft himself but still by one of the Lovecraft Circle, Henry Kutter. Haiogh-Yai, Ngirrth'lu, the Blackness from the Stars were all created by authors I know are still alive, Turua's also from the RPG, Rhogog's more associated with Britain (and interestingly has some corrupted Grail-like elements) than the US, and I can't find that much more info on Ialdagorth

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Where's Del when you need 'im?
    I'm partial to Haiogh-Yai and Ialdagorth myself. Could represent how the answer to the case is obscured (mist) or seemingly just nonexistent (void/black hole). Zushakon and the Blackness from the Stars might also work with the same logic. The wolves or the fungus does have a bit of a connection to her, but I think it'd be better to connect her to the one thing she's most known for, namely the nature of her murder.

Edit: After reading more about the case, someone related to mutilation/cutting or blood-draining might also work.
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 19th, 2022 at 01:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Went ahead and made the sheet, ended up going with Zushakon. On top of the whole 'dark vortex' and California thing, being a high-speed twister would naturally lead to cuts and lacerations. Though if I ever remake the sheet sometime down the line I might consider Mormo

Blog Entries
    Foreigner talk while i was asleep? How dare...
    Mhritra is quite popular for a recent addition to the mythos but thats based on a) the tindalos hounds who are one lfthe coolest entities in the mythos and b) the dog is set up to be nyarlathoteps enemy. So they piggyback on big names.
    Most of the names mentioned i dont even reconize or forgot about. Either because too obscure, conceptually too weak or too recent. But because you already made the sheet, i have nothing to add until i got to read it
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey legendary, since your currently doing fantasy writer and fantasy epic servants such as Tolkien, Disney, balin, starkad and stan lee for your Disneyland series then I wonder how if your willing to integrate famous poets as servants in there. I feel like a ruler class William Blake (based on his religious philosophy) who can perform something resembling magecraft through poetry would fit in there if your making a connection between Disneyland and the garden of eden with Walt functioning as god.

How’s your second contest servant coming along BTW, I guess that’s the one that you researched magic the gathering for.

Blog Entries
    William Blake should have Golgonooza as an NP he needs to construct a la Avicebron's golem or Semi's gardens. Also maybe some form of Mystic Eyes that allows him to visualize things as their metaphorical/spiritual essences based on how he said "When the sun rises, do you not see a round disc of fire somewhat like a guinea? O no, no, I see an innumerable company of the heavenly host crying Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty."

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, maybe. If I did use Blake for Disneyland, he'd be counterforce. Watcher and Launcher only exist because Disney needs some... parts. As far as I now, Disney doesn't own any of Blake's works. He would be a suitable presence though...

As for my second contest servant, yeah, she's coming on like a beauty. Right now I'm just working my way through the polish and the reasoning for why this is an unusual summoning, outside the MtG base. God I wish I could have found a yugioh fc for her, that would have made one part so much more funny.

Also, if I do use Blake, can I use those ideas Royd? Cause those... give me some plans.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Also, if I do use Blake, can I use those ideas Royd? Cause those... give me some plans.
    Yeah that's fine. I don't think I know enough about his poetry/philosophy to craft a believable sheet anyways.

Blog Entries
    Only just occurred to me that, as Black Dahlia qualifies as a Foreigner through her unsolved death, the Princes in the Tower could also be Foreigner(s), likely bonded with Zhar and Lloigor

Since I mentioned Foreigner Voltaire before, was thinking his Outer God could be Ubbo-Sathla (created by Clark Ashton Smith). Guards tomes of knowledge, associated with the Demiurge who Voltaire wrote about in Plato's Dream, hidden beneath the Earth (the 1755 Lisbon earthquake is famously recounted in Candide), it fits

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Hmm, maybe. If I did use Blake for Disneyland, he'd be counterforce. Watcher and Launcher only exist because Disney needs some... parts. As far as I now, Disney doesn't own any of Blake's works. He would be a suitable presence though...

As for my second contest servant, yeah, she's coming on like a beauty. Right now I'm just working my way through the polish and the reasoning for why this is an unusual summoning, outside the MtG base. God I wish I could have found a yugioh fc for her, that would have made one part so much more funny.

Worth noting that Blake received visions all his life of angels and god guiding him and that golgonooza is basically a spiritual four-fold London, a city of imagination that represents the mind of man and consists of the physical body of man and woman. This could have very interesting implications given the nature of Alaya in the nasuverse. I feel like Blake could work well for your lostbelt series as well given his ideas of freedom and equality and lucifers ideas of freedom.

Another poet that could suit Disneyland could possibly be Ferdowsi if you wanna play around with themes of nationalism/patriotism and the idea of fantasy and fiction giving a nation it’s identity with Disney’s works giving America it’s identity. Another connection could be between Ferdowsi and stan lee using the idea that superheroes are the new mythological heroes.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; August 20th, 2022 at 08:50 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey legendary, the contest ends tomorrow so you better hurry up.

Blog Entries
    Eh, might not post Hatshepsut honestly. I like how she came out, I really do, but I don't think I've managed to get her to fit the prompt well enough, and I rather have one entry I'm proud and confident of, rather than two, and the second being somewhat iffy on the suitability of.

No decisions yet, but looking at how my day looks, if I do decide, it is going to be later this evening. Least, for me.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Ok then. Why not anyways?

Blog Entries
    Oh, I'll definitely post it in general. But... it's Lostbelt again, one for LB 2. And as I've said, I don't like posting out of order outside special circumstance.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    What do you think of my idea to use ferdowsi to showcase and contrast Walt’s patriotism/nationalism and What are your plans for William Blake and golgonooza anyways?