Page 218 of 439 FirstFirst ... 118168208213216217218219220223228268318 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 8763

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    JFK is also part of Edison’s fursuit in canon, so you might as well just use Saber Lion as your faceclaim.
    Nah, see, that’s where you have my obsession with VS grail wars come in: Edison is Ruler (the aspect based off his extreme usage of copyright) and the survivor(s) get to leave and manifest properly.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Make JFK an Arthur (prototype saber) lookalike instead.

Blog Entries
    Holy Grail Legal Dispute where all the Takeuchi-illustrated Servants are in a battle over the use of their likenesses.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lancer George W Bush. Guess what his 2 weapons are ~
    The Edison Gimmick is so weird. It feels unneeded.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree. I sort of get the narrative importance of it during the America Singularity, but I feel like they could have achieved the same thing by attributing Edison's appearance to some sort of Innocent Monster, while having the actual presidents cameo as NPCs and/or future Servants by themselves.

Heck, just saying the Presidents conceptually empowered him without literally making themselves part of his fursuit would be a better idea.

Blog Entries
    I think it would be more tolerable if they just gave us a non-lion design for the guy at all. Just knowing a little more about what he'd be like under normal circumstances would take the edge off a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

That way it'd also serve to make "Chaldea Edison" feel more like a distinct individual too.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I agree. I sort of get the narrative importance of it during the America Singularity, but I feel like they could have achieved the same thing by attributing Edison's appearance to some sort of Innocent Monster, while having the actual presidents cameo as NPCs and/or future Servants by themselves.
    So something like the Great Detectives in Shinjuku then, with the spirits of the other presidents as Phantoms to aid Edison via fuzzy silhouettes?

The Great Detectives

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Either that, or do the GudaGuda route and give them cool character designs and maybe a sprite or two, only to leave them in NPC jail for the next 5+ years.
    Last edited by BnEl15; September 20th, 2022 at 04:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    So something like the Great Detectives in Shinjuku then, with the spirits of the other presidents as Phantoms to aid Edison via fuzzy silhouettes?

The Great Detectives

To use a mad libs catchphrase for gacha inclusions, Father Brown, The Old Man in the Corner, Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen, and Dr. Thorndyke Servants when?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrosTC View Post
    Thank you for the explanation, although it's still muddy in my mind, but I get the gist of it. It's clearer to me why our example of the class is Oberon Vortigern, Hephaestion, and Lady Avalon(canon-wise)

But, ain't an Alter Ego should posses some form of divinity? Because the Servant of my mind is that of a Mortal, being taken over by a concept.

To make my version clearer, imagine someone like Tolkien being taken over by a concept of his own book the Lord of the Rings. A conceptual heroic spirit took over a preexisting heroic spirit due to some circumstances or another. Like for example the book being widely popular that it overwhelm its own creator, allows it to become powerful enough to forcefully seize Tolkien's Saint Graph and distort it
    Thank you guys for all the clarifications and explanations, I've uploaded the Servant that I was making, you can see her here if you're curious about her.
    Would appreciate it if you check either of these links below
    --- Fate/Antediluvian Hymn: Equilibrium of Chaos and Order ---

THE THRONE OF HEROES
    thanks for the Visit!

Blog Entries
    I was trying to remember whether I was the one who came up with the Spark of Rebellion Skill back in the day, since if I did it'd be my longest-lasting contribution to Beast's Lair and Type-Moon fanon (even if yeah, it's just 'rebel leaders get Charisma+Rebellious Spirit'). I just checked through early CaS, and it doesn't look like anyone used the Skill before me

Also, learned that Celtchar mac Uthechar was the first ever Servant on CaS, well from myth and history anyway

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's a fun idea: ForeignerBeast "Howard Phillips Lovecraft". He always tells you that he's a Foreigner, or a Grand Berserker Candidate, but in reality, it's......Beast of Indifference Azathoth(the most powerful G.O.O in the Cthulhu mythos probably) who accidentally possessed the corpse of H.P Lovecraft(probably caused by a Crypter or something actually)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Can outer gods even become beasts? I thought you had to have some connection to human order to be a beast abd the alien god qualifies because she took over the beast saints graph?

Besides. Legendary and delrey had that conversation about lovecraft a while back and basically decided “lovecraft isn’t that important and azathoth is off limits”.

Blog Entries
    Didn't see that conversation. It was an interesting idea though.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not necessarily against the idea of an Outer God Beast, but I find it hard to believe something titled Indifferent could be a Beast.
    The whole point is that they obssessively invested and need to chill the fuck out.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Maybe something about humanities indifference to the suffering of others.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think that works.
    Tunguska spoilers
    Koyanskaya does that, focusing on our indifference to the massive loss of animal life our lifestyle necessitates, and yet the writers still had to stretch the core of her character to include "humans are animals too so she also loves them". One of the weaker points of her otherwise pretty solidly written character, but that was still necessary to keep her consistent with the Beast concept.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I thought you had to have some connection to human order to be a beast abd the alien god qualifies because she took over the beast saints graph?
    I don't think that reasoning was ever given.

- - - Updated - - -

The latter half, I mean. Beast do need to care a lot about humanity and be directly or indirectly shaped by it.

Blog Entries
    Although the concept of love can and is probably going to be extremely warped for a Beast.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Love is a necessary part of a Beast.
    It's not a healthy love, and it's always distorted from a proper affection, but it is necessarily present; Douman stands as our proof of this.
    But more to the point, I don't think anything Lovecraftian has the qualification for a Beast status. Either they're ignorant to our existence, or wouldn't stoop to defining themselves in terms of love for humanity. That's just a fundamental theme in the works of Lovecraft, it would be contrary to the entire point of the genre to define one as a Beast.