Page 220 of 439 FirstFirst ... 120170210215218219220221222225230270320 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,400 of 8766

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    Considering the recent influx of Shinsengumi members in FGO lately, how about a former member and his breakaway organization for an idea? Meet Saber/Assassin Ito Kashitaro, former staff officer in the Shinsengumi who later formed the Goryo-eji, an organization dedicated to protect the imperial palace of Emperor Komei. Kashitaro and several members of the Goryo-eji were later assassinated by the Shinsengumi to prevent a plot to assassinate Kondo as part of the plan to overthrow the shogunate.

Blog Entries
    So back in the 1920s Australia had not one but two major-league female crime bosses, Kate Leigh and Tilly Devine, who were also both at each other's throats.
    Either would be cool as a Servant, though I'm leaning more to writing up Leigh myself (probably as Assassin, Devine could count as Rider, and either could be Archer or Berserker).
    They're both a little recent, having died in 1964 and 1970, but both are from over fifty years ago now and I've done recent-er (e.g. Heinlein)

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Imagine double Servant who just absolutely hates each other's guts.
    In a HGW story, I can imagine them summoned as an Assassin for example, while playing Fake Rider and Fake Archer (after taking out the originals), only for the late-game twist that the two of them are summoned as one Servant.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    So back in the 1920s Australia had not one but two major-league female crime bosses, Kate Leigh and Tilly Devine, who were also both at each other's throats.
    Either would be cool as a Servant, though I'm leaning more to writing up Leigh myself (probably as Assassin, Devine could count as Rider, and either could be Archer or Berserker).
    They're both a little recent, having died in 1964 and 1970, but both are from over fifty years ago now and I've done recent-er (e.g. Heinlein)
    One of my old sheet ideas that I haven't fixed up is actually doing the two of them as a double servant Berserker. That seems like a cool idea to do Leigh as Assassin

Blog Entries
    Going back to the idea of recently deceased people for Servants, what are the odds for making one out of Terry Pratchett?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Going back to the idea of recently deceased people for Servants, what are the odds for making one out of Terry Pratchett?
    Didn't he have a sword forged from a meteorite upon being knighted? Could be a Saber on that logic I guess.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I want terry pratchett saber just to see his interaction with king Hassan based on Hassan being the grim reaper and terry writing a lot about the grim reaper.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I forgot who Terry Pratchett was, so I thought y'all were talking about the Temple OS guy when I saw this last night. VERY different people

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Terry Davis and temple OS is VERY good foreigner material to be honest.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Extremely recent, but aside from that, absolutely

Blog Entries
    Some select badass religious figures that I think would be cool to see as a Servant.

Ignatius of Loyola
    A Catholic saint who founded the Society of Jesus. A delinquent knight who grew up hearing the stories of King Arthur and El Cid. He became an ascetic after losing his legs to a cannonball in a military campaign, eventually meeting with Francis Xavier and laying the foundation of the Jesuit Order.

Chanakya
    Ancient Indian polymath. The military strategist, imperial advisor, spiritual teacher, and political economist to Chandragupta Maurya, the First Emperor of India. Known in Jain, Buddhist and Hindu legends for his galaxy-brained exploits and Dharmic grindset.

Deganawida
    Founder of the Iroquois Confederacy. A Huron prophet that would be known as the Great Peacemaker, after mediating peace and unifying the five Iroquoian tribes of North America. The Great Law Peace that he proclaim is said to have influenced the United States constitution.

Amoghavajra
    One of the Eight Patriarchs in Shingon Buddhism, regarded as the most powerful Buddhist monk in Chinese history. A Vajrayana Buddhist from Samarkand who played a major role for the Tang Dynasty in quelling the An Lushan Rebellion.

Ibn Taymiyyah
    Proponent of the Sunni Salafi movement. He is known for his fatwa against the newly converted Mongols, with him personally participating in the battle that ended the Mongol invasion of the Levant. A controversial theologian whose unorthodox opinions has landed him in jail several times.

Josephus
    A Jewish priest, commander and historian. He fought in the First Jewish-Roman War. In the aftermath of a disastrous defeat, he survived a collective suicide and surrendered to the Romans. He prophesied that Vespasian will become emperor, and was eventually granted Roman citizenship.

Cécile Fatiman
    A Haitian voodoo priestess who literally conjured up a revolution. She organized the Bois Caïman voodoo ceremony which preludes the Haitian Revolution, invoking the blessing of the goddess Erzulie. She was married to the 5th President of Haiti, and is said to have lived to the age of 112.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Some select badass religious figures that I think would be cool to see as a Servant.

Ignatius of Loyola
    A Catholic saint who founded the Society of Jesus. A delinquent knight who grew up hearing the stories of King Arthur and El Cid. He became an ascetic after losing his legs to a cannonball in a military campaign, eventually meeting with Francis Xavier and laying the foundation of the Jesuit Order.

Chanakya
    Ancient Indian polymath. The military strategist, imperial advisor, spiritual teacher, and political economist to Chandragupta Maurya, the First Emperor of India. Known in Jain, Buddhist and Hindu legends for his galaxy-brained exploits and Dharmic grindset.

Deganawida
    Founder of the Iroquois Confederacy. A Huron prophet that would be known as the Great Peacemaker, after mediating peace and unifying the five Iroquoian tribes of North America. The Great Law Peace that he proclaim is said to have influenced the United States constitution.

Amoghavajra
    One of the Eight Patriarchs in Shingon Buddhism, regarded as the most powerful Buddhist monk in Chinese history. A Vajrayana Buddhist from Samarkand who played a major role for the Tang Dynasty in quelling the An Lushan Rebellion.

Ibn Taymiyyah
    Proponent of the Sunni Salafi movement. He is known for his fatwa against the newly converted Mongols, with him personally participating in the battle that ended the Mongol invasion of the Levant. A controversial theologian whose unorthodox opinions has landed him in jail several times.

Josephus
    A Jewish priest, commander and historian. He fought in the First Jewish-Roman War. In the aftermath of a disastrous defeat, he survived a collective suicide and surrendered to the Romans. He prophesied that Vespasian will become emperor, and was eventually granted Roman citizenship.

Cécile Fatiman
    A Haitian voodoo priestess who literally conjured up a revolution. She organized the Bois Caïman voodoo ceremony which preludes the Haitian Revolution, invoking the blessing of the goddess Erzulie. She was married to the 5th President of Haiti, and is said to have lived to the age of 112.
    The second one looks freaking sick. I might try and do him. May need some help though, with the class and that.

Blog Entries
    Sounds pretty clearly like a Caster and/or Ruler, right?

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    I guess Ruler. Could be a Watcher though, with his king-helping vibes and galaxy-brain.

Blog Entries
    I actually saw someone write up a Chanakya sheet years back, had him as an Assassin (he's also linked with a book, the Arthashastra, that's seen as a proto-The Prince)

About Cecile Fatiman, the first ever sheet I submitted to BL way back when was of Marinette Cheche, who may actually be the same person as her. It's a sheet I've definitely been meaning to rework
    Last edited by NailsInYourFeet; September 25th, 2022 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Arthashastra link

Blog Entries
    A really interesting Servant I'm thinking about that could be Caster, Alter-Ego or Assassin is the Voynich Manuscript. You know, that cyphered book full of things nobody knows about. The one some people think is a hoax, others think it holds some really wonky truth.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Would its faceclaim be Flat?

Blog Entries
    That's actually a pretty cool idea. Maybe. I do imagine it would have a dislike of the Luo Guanzhong sheet though, seeming that the Voynich Manuscript is nothing but loose ends and code basically.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I had an idea for an irregular grail war, (though it feels more like a death game) born out of watching the polar express with my little cousins this past week, and seeing the “Mr Bones’s Wild Ride” greentext on my Twitter feed again. Basically, the premise would be that, some younger magi (maybe clock tower students for that free bond establishment, idk) fuck up trying to board the Rail Zeppelin, instead boarding some sort of malicious spirit train (I’m thinking I could link it to the Silverpilen, not sure though) Which is being powered by a grail chunk or something. Cue them, and a few others who boarded having to either
    A. Be the last person (or party, still a very early concept) standing
    or
    B. Figure out how to stop the train
    -In order to get off of it.

It’d be a massively long thing with some cars being too large to fit on any standard railway. The war/game/Wild ride would be staffed by a Binder I’m working on, who would be driving the train, and a Ruler who serves as a sort of Conductor. Both would be adverse to the situation, and begrudgingly working for their master, who wants to keep the train ongoing- dunno what their deal is, or who/what they are, but I’m gonna call them Mr Bones for now- I like the tenseness that train settings give fights, shits’s cool.

So far, the only stipulations I have on rules is that you can’t get off the train, and it’s cars are giga-durable- like, you’re gonna need to unload an A-ranked destructive NP to fuck one up.

What I wanted to ask thoughts on though, was:
    What do you all think some cool requirements or rules for servants could be? Assume non-regular classes would be unlikely, but not impossible to pull- but what I mean by this would be stuff like, “Only servants from 1400-1900, only servants with riding, only assassins, summonable servants cannot have anti-army NP’s, no clairvoyance-possessing servants” etc. Any fun concepts?

Blog Entries
    Does the train travel through proper space? How fast? I think it could be cool to have mechanics to consider when your Servant is about to gain or lose regional bonuses because you're passing through their homeland or something.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, I think this is already wacky enough that it changes the game significantly. For example, if you consider how this would interact with the likes of a Caster's Territory Creation or Archers in general, the balance of power has radically shifted immediately just by trapping everyone in a series of confined spaces.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024