Page 265 of 439 FirstFirst ... 165215255260263264265266267270275315365 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 8763

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    It's a good question. I assume it was, but that might be because it seems like too much of a staple of modern BL...

Being way too young to have participated in that and most of my exposure being from my attempts at internet palentology to unearth old lore, I'm not actually qualified to comment.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bourbaki is still untouched, because mine is an amalgamation of different mathematicians mostly unrelated to the group.
    I for example did not know that the circumference symbol was their invention. Good to know.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Well, then if I ever make a war, assassin Bourbaki would be there. His phantasm would be busted, except for the fact that he can't use it unless some major fuckery happens (Which it will). Imagine if Bourbaki's master was a mathematician who summoned him by accident. I guess this war is just Zero with different people at least as far as its shaping up.

- - - Updated - - -

And a vastly different plot of course.

Blog Entries
    beware tho
    it is an amalgam of some random dudes. While they are significant for modern pupils of math, because they brought new structure into teaching, they arent that significant to outshine any break-through mathematicians. Theyd be a weak phantom and be very situational. Keep that in mind when powerscaling his math skills and general abilities

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    This version of Bourbaki has become intwined with the concept of Nonexistence. They'd have Es in everything, a few weird skills, and a busted usuabe noble phantasm

- - - Updated - - -

unusable

Blog Entries
    My plan for Saber is that their master is someone who is betting everyone on the war and considers themselves to be a failure of a mage. Their servant is Balin Le Savage probably
    Lancer, I don't know, but I'd like an interesting one.
    Caster may be Gogol, since Gogol is cool.
    I think a key theme of the war could be "Luck" and how it affects various people. For instance, Saber's master is chronically unlucky, and other parts. You think thats too vague?
    Last edited by Dreamerless; December 7th, 2022 at 03:36 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Please try to edit instead of doubleposting.

Blog Entries
    Oh! I'm so sorry. I forgot to do that again.

Blog Entries
    i echo once more what WhiteFrenzy told you
    the Edit button exists for a reason.
    think through what you have to say before posting

regarding the theme of a HGW, i can not say. I am mostly concerned with sheets alone and i weave stories through other sheets related to servants.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    True. making sheets is fun

Blog Entries
    Balin, in my mind, will always be a better fit for Saber. His sword, which I've always interpreted as Cequence due to Galahad getting it and Lancelot using it too alongside Arthur, was fast more used than Longinus, which he only wielded once to stab a single person before leaving it. Having the Dolorous Blow be his NP alongside Cequence just feels more accurate, with his Lancer form being a weaker version due to how he born wasn't worthy to wield the spear and cutting out the weapon he was actually proficient in.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have finally decided to make my Itsumade sheet. May the gods of storytelling bless me.

I have decided to take a leaf out of Wyvern's sheet. Wyvern, if you manage to see this post, I thank you.

The concept is going to be Cliodhna -> Itsumade.

It's probably going to turn into a love story so eh.

Need your opinions on this. My parttime job is killing me so I may not read everything, but every little bit of advice is valued.

Lallyho.

What do you mean by that? Both Banshees and Itsumade seems to be incarnation of the laments of the death, so are you saying Itsumade would be a Banshee that wandered into Japan and became a bird somehow? And Cliodhna is a specific Banshee, not a predecessor.

There doesn't seem synchretic link between them in the real world from what I can find, and that's what Wyvern's sheets actually use as inspiration for his sheets.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 8th, 2022 at 12:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    To better explain, my sheet isn't perfect when it comes to syncretic links.

For example, the transition from Melusine to the Wicked Dragon Coca isn't something that took place in the real world. Rather, that was me playing with concepts introduced by LB6 to create an origin story for the dragon, rather than making the Dragon the origin point of the chain, as was originally intended.

Melusine - Coca - El Cucuy - Cuca

The later three links are actually things that you can find and research about in the real world. The etymology of their names is similar, while both Cuca and El Cucuy play similar roles in their narrative, Coca only being given a name in the Iberian Peninsula convinced me that it would be possible to connect the the first two to the dragon by way of them being legends from the same land, grounding the transition of identities on the concept of fairies being affected by their names.

Like Vortigern being made to be Oberon because the fairies claimed he was.

Melusine became the dragon Coca, because that was the name she received by humans when she fled after her curse was active.

El Cucuy was a specter, the leftovers of Coca's mind after her body was killed by St. George, which eventually evolved into the Witch, Cuca, when her legend arrived on the New World.

Really, this sheet could have been 3 separate ones if I didn't bother linking them all together. In fact, if she were in another class, she might as well be another person entirely because of how fairies and names work.

She's an actress with a history of playing different roles.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It does betray an immense hold and understanding of your own concept and the history behind it, which... Might sound an easy feat to achieve, until you actually sit down to write about such a sheet. Not something I'd tackle as a novice until I had more confidence in my own abilities (to convey something like that), all I'm saying.

Then again, what is life if not being proved wrong from time to time. If you're confident in this idea, I'm very eager to see HOW you're making it stick.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    To better explain, my sheet isn't perfect when it comes to syncretic links.

For example, the transition from Melusine to the Wicked Dragon Coca isn't something that took place in the real world. Rather, that was me playing with concepts introduced by LB6 to create an origin story for the dragon, rather than making the Dragon the origin point of the chain, as was originally intended.

Melusine - Coca - El Cucuy - Cuca

The later three links are actually things that you can find and research about in the real world. The etymology of their names is similar, while both Cuca and El Cucuy play similar roles in their narrative, Coca only being given a name in the Iberian Peninsula convinced me that it would be possible to connect the the first two to the dragon by way of them being legends from the same land, grounding the transition of identities on the concept of fairies being affected by their names.

Like Vortigern being made to be Oberon because the fairies claimed he was.

Melusine became the dragon Coca, because that was the name she received by humans when she fled after her curse was active.

El Cucuy was a specter, the leftovers of Coca's mind after her body was killed by St. George, which eventually evolved into the Witch, Cuca, when her legend arrived on the New World.

Really, this sheet could have been 3 separate ones if I didn't bother linking them all together. In fact, if she were in another class, she might as well be another person entirely because of how fairies and names work.

She's an actress with a history of playing different roles.
    Umu, I undrstand.
    Let's just play around with what I have and hope it comes out coherent.
    But seriously, I actually loved your sheet. Prepare to have my vote.

To Alex's comments on my idea, there was a reason to why a few pages ago, I asked one of the threads (Forgot where I asked it) whether it was ok to make shit up. I vaguely remember Random saying something about transmitting sound waves to a celestial body 600 light years away. I really hope that my brainfarts come at the right time when I'm writing.
    Also, I really did intend to add that specific banshee named Chliodna

To WF's comments,...
    Uhm...
    Well, every experience is a learning experience, I guess?
    Even the bad ones.
    If I can manage to draft something out before the contest ends, I'll definitely try to post it.
    If I can't... well, then I'm ditching the Banshee part.

I'm still in the process of exploring the Tom format, so it's going to take a few rough stumbles. Your advice and criticism to my work is what makes me better.

well, lallyho.

Yeah, that's very interesting to read, Wyvern.

As for your idea, I'd like to know what it is, Spelror. I do think that Banshees and Itsumade could perhaps be the same 'kind' of wrath incarnating the laments of the dead, but since both are species whose individuals form from specific deaths, having one become the other would feel a bit weird. And most of the time, Banshees herladed the death of loved ones while Itsumade cry out for those who have already died and been ignored.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 8th, 2022 at 01:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spelror View Post
    I vaguely remember Random saying something about transmitting sound waves to a celestial body 600 light years away.
    That's not the part I wanted you to remember! I wanted you to remember the part where I said "make sure it's convincing"!

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, maybe 600 light year cosmic rays as a justification for a sheet is not the most persuasive take I've ever written, but my point is this: I did make stuff up, and I did make it up because I had to in order for the connections to make sense, but the connections already existed outside of what I wrote. I just came up with a reason that the connections could exist in the first place. The justification for my bullshit is more meta than anything.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Yeah, that's very interesting to read, Wyvern.
    Thanks!

Anyway, the point I was trying to get at is that it is okay for you to create some connections between characters or legends, but in this month's challenge, that can't be the only thing. You need to actually find some links between the legends and string them together in a cohesive way.

Which yeah, isn't easy for beginners.

Ironically, a lot o my sheets fit this contest. I guess I just favor doing syncretism in general for my servants.

Well, you're all about going to Brazil, and that got tons of synchretism thanks to colonialism.