Page 270 of 440 FirstFirst ... 170220260265268269270271272275280320370 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    So I'm not entirely sure as to how mage politics work, but I had an idea for a fic that starts with the perspective of an OC mage, let's just call him Walter just to give him a now, being given away by his family to another mage family due to the fact that Walter is technically the second oldest child, not the eldest. Add to the fact that his older sister has higher quality circuits than him, his father sees no other alternative than to adopt Walter into another mage family, to avoid the nasty political backstabbing that comes from trying to inherit the family crest. Now part of me really wants to have Walter get adopted by the Edelfelts, mostly because I think Luvia is really under utlized overall, but the problem there is that Luvia is already primed and ready to inheirit the Edelfelt Crest. So the Edelfelts have no reason to just accept this random adoption. And since I'd really rather not deal with the Matou, my OC's kinda screwed until I find a work-a-round.

This would then lead into another Grail War, but one step at a time.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think you can still make it work. The Edelfelt Crest is not a standard Magic Crest. It’s built with a mechanism that makes it so it’s always inherited by twins, and can’t access its full potential unless both twins fully inherited it. So say Luvia’s twin died. It won’t be a big loss since she never appeared on-screen anyways. The clan is in need of a replacement because their systems require the balance of two equal sides. Enter your surprisingly compatible character. You’ll probably have to modify Walter’s profile a bit to justify him functioning as Luvia’s conceptual equal, but it shouldn’t be much work.

Hi I've decided to finally do something with this account and commit to make a servant. A challenge I'm facing with my servant is their specific parameters. The servant I am creating is an extremely old mythological figure predating the vast majority of canon servants however they are extremely obscure compared to other canon servant which makes it extremely hard for me to determine the servants power level and parameters. Basically my question is how strong should I make my servant?

Blog Entries
    My personal rule regarding power levels goes as follows

Rank (For example a Deity has entirely different rank compared to, say, a King or a Military General, or a Random Peasant)
    >
    Achievement (Did they slay a dragon or did they just murder a random hobo)
    >
    Fame
    >
    Time Period and everything else
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What are some canon skills you all think should be used in more servant sheets?

Blog Entries
    @Comun

I... suppose that could work? The main issue comes from the Thaumaturgical Attribute angle, something that's locked down to blood, but that could be remided by having Walter's family related to the Edelfelts somehow?

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedSushi View Post
    Hi I've decided to finally do something with this account and commit to make a servant. A challenge I'm facing with my servant is their specific parameters. The servant I am creating is an extremely old mythological figure predating the vast majority of canon servants however they are extremely obscure compared to other canon servant which makes it extremely hard for me to determine the servants power level and parameters. Basically my question is how strong should I make my servant?
    it really depends my g. What do you have in mind?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedSushi View Post
    Look at a Servant with similar power levels and copy that, then adjust a bit so it makes sense.
    There's really no exact science to it, it's just what feels right for the character.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, parameters don't really even matter. I don't even look at them. Unless there's a bunch of EXes in there because that's a giant red flag.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I'm currently in the process of writing a sheet for a certain Saint and the rough draft I have for (one of) his Noble Phantasms is his surviving book which was used to teach advanced Latin Grammar throughout Europe and I thought about possibly connecting to his status as a holy man to where it would kinda be like a weaker version of how Jesus Christ invoked miracles by speaking them into existence, the Servant could do some linguistic tricks by reading from the book and it would have some kind of magical effect.

Does any of that makes sense? I can see it in my head but when I try to describe it in the sheet I keep coming up with a blank and struggle to really put it into words. The closest comparison in pop culture that comes to mind would be the Styles from Medaka Box.

Last edited by Skull; December 22nd, 2022 at 05:03 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Spelror View Post
    it really depends my g. What do you have in mind?
    I’m specifically choosing to do a servant from the Australian Dreamtime. The specific character I’m choosing also doesn’t have a lot of information when it comes to power levels from the actual source so I kind of just have to and guess how strong they are. My servant is also more of a trickster then say any actual warrior.

Blog Entries
    Alright, I think I got it. So Walter (still a work in progress name), is born the second eldest in the family, literal minutes after his sister. Combined with the fact that his circuits are technically worse than his sister's and you've got a recipe for disinheirtance. Of course, I'd want the elder sister to have some kind of role in the story as a potential antagonist, so maybe there was another reason daddy dearest gave the spare to the Edelfelts.

Speaking of, the Edelfelts are kinda going through a bit of a crisis, as Luvia's twin ends up dying far earlier than anyone expected. There's no grand conspiracy there, it was honestly just a horrible accident. So seeing the opportunity to possibly get rid of two birds with one stone, Dad decides to strike up a bargin. The two families run a test and it turns out that Walter is shockingly compatible with the Edelfelt crest, helped by the fact that Walter's family shares a bit of blood with the Edelfelts, meaning that though Walter isn't the exact match, it could hopefully help overcome the Attribute problem. So the deal is made, Walter is thrown to the Edelfelts in a paper sack and the story begins!

By the by, which Servant do y'all see Luvia possibly summoning for a Grail War? No FGO hijinks, a proper Grail War.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Edelfelts are pretty rich for a mage family, so I doubt they'd have much trouble finding catalysts. If we're going by compatibility alone, though... Astraea most regal-but-ultimately-responsible authority figure would probably work. Either those, or those no-nonsense serious knight types like Karna, Siegfried, or Bedivere, cuz' having two loud, assertive, and equally stubborn figures as Master and Servant would probably just lead to the two of them constantly butting heads.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    The Edelfelts are pretty rich for a mage family, so I doubt they'd have much trouble finding catalysts.
    You can skip the middle man for this one. We know the Edelfelt are rich precisely because they have centuries, if not millenia, of history as practically mage bandits. They're called The World's Most Elegant Hienas due to their pride in their tradition of intervening in random conflicts all over the world to scavenge everything they can, always stealing new secrets and items to their collection.

It's not about having the money to buy an artifact to use to summon because artifact robbery is what made them rich in the first place. You can always say "I have this catalyst because my ancestor from X century usurped it from X mage in X incident" and it will be wholly believable with the family's history. So my point here is that under no normal circumstances, Luvia has any reason to do a compatibility summon. If you really want her to go the route, have her accidentally destroy the catalyst she brought and run with the excuse that a replacement artifact would take to long to arrive at your Grail War location.

Blog Entries
    I honestly don't remember if it's been brought up before, but what's this subforum's policy when it comes to making Servants out of angels and demons (by themselves and not as part of another Servant's kit/Saint Graph/identity fusion/etc.)?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have policies on making Servants???
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Honestly I thought there was some discussion on the subject in the past on the CAS threads but I could be mistaken on that particular front. Incidentally, how does one manage to come up with interesting Seasonal/Holiday variants of Servants when the appropriate idea comes along?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My trick is to play around with word associations and such- granted, I’ve only made 1.8, but I treat it like a cocktail.

-The servant is the glass, the structure that shapes the content through their established traits

- The class skills are the base alcohol- practical, basic, but the foundation of the drink

- Personal skills and NP are the mixers- I like one skill for the holiday/season/event, one skill for the thing that they wouldn’t usually have that causes the new servant classification, and one skill that fits the servant normally.

- And obviously, the NP is whatever the culmination of the sheet is, we’ll call it the resulting buzz, for the sake of my analogy.

That make any sense?

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    I honestly don't remember if it's been brought up before, but what's this subforum's policy when it comes to making Servants out of angels and demons (by themselves and not as part of another Servant's kit/Saint Graph/identity fusion/etc.)?
    Well Morg made Zarachiel "disguised" as Calogrenant sheet and there is at least one Yaldabaoth sheet, and there was one Satanael sheet (that I'd need to find). But I'm gonna have to do more than a cursory search/whatever's-off-the-top-of-my-head. Either way, I assume we don't have a "policy" against angels (and demons) because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    Incidentally, how does one manage to come up with interesting Seasonal/Holiday variants of Servants when the appropriate idea comes along?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    My trick is to play around with word associations and such- granted, I’ve only made 1.8, but I treat it like a cocktail.

-The servant is the glass, the structure that shapes the content through their established traits

- The class skills are the base alcohol- practical, basic, but the foundation of the drink

- Personal skills and NP are the mixers- I like one skill for the holiday/season/event, one skill for the thing that they wouldn’t usually have that causes the new servant classification, and one skill that fits the servant normally.

- And obviously, the NP is whatever the culmination of the sheet is, we’ll call it the resulting buzz, for the sake of my analogy.

That make any sense?
    Well I know nothing about drinks so the analogy doesn't make sense to me. :V
    Last edited by DracoScribe; December 23rd, 2022 at 07:49 PM. Reason: ALMOST FORGOT THE "DON'T"; also remembered what I was actually thinking of
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries
    Well, it turns out that besides Seimei, there were quite a lot of famous members of the Abe Clan in Japanese history if one wants to focus on them (like his descendant Abe no Yasuchika, the other candidate for exposing Tamamo's true nature to the court). Also there is a two game series adaption of Journey to the West called Oriental Legend that features, besides the usual couple of Canon Foreigners to bulk up the roster, actually has Bai Long-ma (the White Dragon Horse) of all beings as a playable character.

Incidentally you guys don't have to use the hyperlinks I've been putting into my posts as the "end-all-to-be-all" for potential information on a Servant candidate, just think of them more as starting points for individual research.