Page 289 of 440 FirstFirst ... 189239279284287288289290291294299339389 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    This is an awesome idea, but I'm guessing I'm going to have work alongside my partner's pick instead of pulling an idea together myself. I don't really have enough sheets right now to come up with a concept for a summer alt for one lol

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    > Be me
    > Tell yourself you're not going ham on the MCAS sheet because you're still tired
    > Go ham anyway
    I feel you, I've been working on expanding one of my Secret Santa sheets (specifically my answer to Pool 6 had I received it) and as I write it's rapidly expanding far beyond what I initially envisioned to the point where its practically a mini-fanfic inside a Servant sheet.

To give you an idea, I was looking through other people's Pretender Class Servant sheets in the past and I found I was not a fan of the way most people format their reveal and so I tried my hand at a different approach but as I mentioned it's gone a bit ham. I'm not sure people are going to care to read that much to get to what's only a mid Pretender Servant.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    I've been struggling to come up with a truly compelling antagonist for Fate/Realization. I've gone through two ideas already and both weren't what the story needed.

For context, the set up for the story is that after the Third Grail War, Zouken is dead, the Grail is damaged and the two remaining families are in a bit of a sticky pickle. Enter our shady antagonist from behind the scenes with a simple offer. They'll be more than happy to help the Einzbern and Tohsaka repair the Grail in full, but for a price.

And that's where I'm stuck. I just dunno where to go from there. I don't just want the bad guy to be after world domination or immortality, y'know? I gotta figure out what this dude wants, what their motivations are, how and why are they able to repair the Grail etc.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Out of those, the "how and why are they able to repair the Grail" feels like the best starting point. Aside from the obvious "what makes him an opposite to Cedric", of course.

Blog Entries
    So, how much interest and/or potential is there for making Servants out of figures relating to sports (basketball, football, polo, gymnastics, track, surfing, climbing, hockey, rugby, skiing, fishing, etc.)?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragolord09 View Post
    So, how much interest and/or potential is there for making Servants out of figures relating to sports (basketball, football, polo, gymnastics, track, surfing, climbing, hockey, rugby, skiing, fishing, etc.)?
    Rider Lance Armstrong who's NP super buffs all his physical parameters

In all seriousness, there is definitely a few different figures to choose from that are old enough to be servants, but the only thing is, you need to make sure they are not only compelling characters but make their combat more interesting than "hit ball, ball go far".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osrio View Post
    I've been struggling to come up with a truly compelling antagonist for Fate/Realization. I've gone through two ideas already and both weren't what the story needed.

For context, the set up for the story is that after the Third Grail War, Zouken is dead, the Grail is damaged and the two remaining families are in a bit of a sticky pickle. Enter our shady antagonist from behind the scenes with a simple offer. They'll be more than happy to help the Einzbern and Tohsaka repair the Grail in full, but for a price.

And that's where I'm stuck. I just dunno where to go from there. I don't just want the bad guy to be after world domination or immortality, y'know? I gotta figure out what this dude wants, what their motivations are, how and why are they able to repair the Grail etc.
    option 1: SEX

option 2: someone that hates mage society and wants to destroy the route to the Root

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osrio View Post

perhaps the classic in that they want to use the Grail to resurrect one they loved back to life ? or want to use the Grail as means to unreveal a secret of the World ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Out of those, the "how and why are they able to repair the Grail" feels like the best starting point. Aside from the obvious "what makes him an opposite to Cedric", of course.
    Seconded. As for the latter part... For instance you could make the antagonist present themself as humble and/or have the antagonist be surrounded by a lot of allies on which they rely. Perhaps the antagonist might believe to be humble, even. However, the antagonist would actually possess a lot of confidence, and look down on others - whether literally everyone else, or a specific group to which they believe they're superior. That could be a decent start, maybe?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Had a Thread Idea, wanted to see if there was any interest:

Calling it the Holy Schlock War Thread for now- basically, via compendiums of those who opt-in, plus canon servants, we randomize ourselves the roster for a grail war (assign each compendium a number, use a random gen for each class, then randomize again for individual servants in class. Nonstandard classes could be a small % chance or something, we'd just need to widen the pool accordingly.). The goal of the thread would be to argue entertaining scenarios, the things that would be the likeliest/coolest/funniest/stupidest/whatever-est, with contrarianism and collaboration being encouraged- the "winner" achieving such an effect. The only reason I say that one would "win", is that they'd be able to add a condition to the next Schlock War. It could as simple as, "hey, this next one is a doubles war!", or "This one takes place on a private island!" to something as specific as, "This war is assassins-only, taking place in Washington DC and the grail is held be the president who drinks his coffee out of it so you have to kill him".

I always really like when people have servants from other people in their relationship sections, so I think this would be a fun, non-committal way to sorta bring more of that spirit. It's like in elementary school when you argued with a friend whether a bear could beat a gorilla in a fight, and the arguments became sillier and sillier. Thoughts?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post

Calling it the Holy Schlock War Thread for now- basically, via compendiums of those who opt-in, plus canon servants, we randomize ourselves the roster for a grail war (assign each compendium a number, use a random gen for each class, then randomize again for individual servants in class. Nonstandard classes could be a small % chance or something, we'd just need to widen the pool accordingly.). The goal of the thread would be to argue entertaining scenarios, the things that would be the likeliest/coolest/funniest/stupidest/whatever-est, with contrarianism and collaboration being encouraged- the "winner" achieving such an effect. The only reason I say that one would "win", is that they'd be able to add a condition to the next Schlock War. It could as simple as, "hey, this next one is a doubles war!", or "This one takes place on a private island!" to something as specific as, "This war is assassins-only, taking place in Washington DC and the grail is held be the president who drinks his coffee out of it so you have to kill him".

I always really like when people have servants from other people in their relationship sections, so I think this would be a fun, non-committal way to sorta bring more of that spirit. It's like in elementary school when you argued with a friend whether a bear could beat a gorilla in a fight, and the arguments became sillier and sillier. Thoughts?
    hmm sounds interesting i must say . though what do you mean with gen ? do you mean with doubles a Great Holy Grailwar or something like in fate Einherjar with two servants as Team under one Master ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    gen as shorthand for generate, my bad

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    I think it sounds interesting. I'd possibly be up for it. Although you just reminded me, I haven't made a compendium for my servants yet. I should probably get around to doing that one of these days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Seconded. As for the latter part... For instance you could make the antagonist present themself as humble and/or have the antagonist be surrounded by a lot of allies on which they rely. Perhaps the antagonist might believe to be humble, even. However, the antagonist would actually possess a lot of confidence, and look down on others - whether literally everyone else, or a specific group to which they believe they're superior. That could be a decent start, maybe?
    In regards to both Nitty and Serra, that second part seems at least doable. The antagonist would be in league with the Einzbern, Tohsaka and if I feel particuarly frisky, Yggdmillennia. Three big name factions all working toward the same goal in contrast to Cedric, who wants to prove his worth on his own terms. Their goal could be as someone who has... maybe similar to EMIYA, experienced multiple timelines and Grail Wars to an absolutely nauseating degree and they've HAD it. Too much heartbreak, too many betrayals, they've taken all they can take. To that end, they want to end the Grail as a means to reach the Root forever. But writing this, I realize this kinda flys in the face of what Einzbern and the Tohsaka want. So it could be something different.

As for the how and why they can just repair the Grail... I still haven't figured that out.

I did have a basic look for the guy down.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I feel like I'm trying to force there being a big bad behind the scenes for my fic.

- - - Updated - - -

Like Strange Fake has Prelati doing her shit for example. Zero, technically, had Kirei causing chaos behind the scenes too.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries

OOH this sounds awesome LMK if u create the thread

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Cool, I’ll pop one up in the morning then

Blog Entries
    Has anyone ever made Dietrich von Bern?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love doing that!

Fanfic idea:

Fate/No Survivors- Basically, this takes place in the aftermath of the 3rd Holy Grail War. However, in this war, no one won, and the grail got glitched. Now the original survivors of War 3 need to relive their own war in the hopes of fixing the timeline and eventually actually winning, despite the fact that every failed War leads to even more destabilization. Just a dumb concept of a looped war.

Also, some masters and servants died in HGW 3.01, so they've been "replaced" by new ones, to keep the balance. I've actually got a bunch of plans for this now.

A character idea is someone whose brother died during War Iteration 1 and is trying to bring him back, with a ton of survivor's guilt

- - - Updated - - -

Does it seem fun?
    Also, I have a lostbelt idea:

What if the Knights Templar were never disbanded? This leads to them becoming a dominant political force in France and when they were attempted to be disbanded later on, taking over much of Europe. From this seat of power, they managed to call Baphomet into being and extend their monastic traditions onward. The world is now a militaristic, extremely religious dystopia where people dissapear in the night.
    Last edited by Dreamerless; February 8th, 2023 at 11:48 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Stop fucking double posting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Stop fucking double posting.
    I fixed it. I apologize. Are any of the ideas good?
    Last edited by Dreamerless; February 8th, 2023 at 10:58 AM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not a fan of the loop stuff because I often find it’s poorly executed, but I think the Templar concept is a rather interesting one. HOWEVER, I would check and see to make sure that’s not the plot of Jerusalem in FGO Arcade, because I think it’s similar