Page 359 of 439 FirstFirst ... 259309349354357358359360361364369409 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 8765

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    I actively have a hidden rule that would cause that scenario lmao
    Oh yeah. THE BEAST CLAUSE.
    My compendium is here: https://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/14424

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    *Clicks random*
    Well... not exactly Servant material, but some of our mage writers might be able to make something out of this.
    Ha! Funny i know them i mean about them they are the only genuine pagan Germanic document of a pagan author . An question which of my concept titles i Makaria d some page ago would catching your interest ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    or anime boy
    or is turned into a Mecha . Or a busty pretty Lady .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Castellan View Post
    So I am (once again) reading the Heike Monogatari (the Helen McCullough translation, if anyone is curious/cares) and thinking about giving Yoshinaka a go (local Karna fan likes the secondary antagonist/runner-up, news at 11) but there's sort of two ways I could go about that given that there's conflicting information from the description of his death in the text of the game vs. the text of the original story:

In the original text, he dies in the Battle of Awazu in 1184, having had a rift with Go-Shirakawa that resulted in the latter asking Yoritomo to kill him after he already exhausted most of his armies driving the Taira out of the capital.

In the game (at least according to Tomoe's recollection in Shimosa) he still dies at Awazu, but he dies in 1185, after Yoshitsune has already destroyed the Taira clan at Dan-no-Ura. It's still a result of Yoritomo stabbing him in the back, and his row with Go-Shirakawa isn't really mentioned.

And both of these obviously imply very different people. In the Heike Monogatari part of the general theme is that the Minamoto really aren't all that much better than the Taira they're displacing and the suffering of the people who live under them is going to continue. One day, the Gion Shoja bells will ring for the Minamoto, too. In that read, Yoshinaka's another warlord blind to the needs of the people who are not part of his faction, exploiting the people of the capital after he's taken it. As such, him meeting a fairly undignified end in a rice paddy field in Awazu is another powerful reminder that karma will come for the Genji, too. At the same time, he's undeniably a skilled general and recognized for his piety. The reason he ultimately takes Kyoto is because the Taira forget to guard the gates leading to Enryaku-ji, expecting the monks to stay out of the conflict, but Yoshinaka impresses them with his piety and they allow his army to pass through the temple complex, letting them attack the capital from a largely undefended angle.

On the flip side, I don't want to completely discount Tomoe's perspective either, because while she's clearly got some very rose-tinted glasses on, she's also the only narrator we have that describes him in any detail. Her description and the implications we get from her perspective is that he was largely on the outs with the politicians of the capital because he was very unlike them, being a bit of a rough-around-the-edges wild man from the mountains. That's also attested in the text, of course - it's part of the reason he falls out with Go-Shirakawa - but she ultimately makes him out to be a much more straightforwardly "heroic" figure than he really is in the Heike Monogatari, with more of the classic "the perspective of a heroic figure is often so far removed from the perspective of the common people that they become distrusted pariahs" air about him the same way as the game's take on Yoshitsune.

So I definitely want to keep the characterization as a bit of a coarse and unrefined mountain man, that's too core to his character either way, but I'm not sure how I want to balance the two perspectives otherwise.
    Very interesting. I'm very much not an expert, but perhaps consider an interpretation presenting him along the lines of... Someone clearly different from the capital politicians (mountain man coarseness and wild nature, piety, etc.), yet still detached from the people's true wishes and needs, but not because being a 'hero' gives him a different perspective somehow, or because being detached from the people was 'required' for him to become a 'hero'. On one hand, the sheet would show his dedication, his piety, his honesty, his love for Tomoe and acceptance of her strength and oni origin, his good sides in general. On the other hand, it would present his exploitation of the capital people as something that was renewed in a different way because of his actions. Basically, presenting his mistreatement of the people of the capital as something that could've been averted if he had actually chosen to listen to their needs. Instead, he turned away from them for personal reasons; he got stuck on surpassing his cousin, seeing that as a more necessary step to ensure his ideal future for him and Tomoe. The growing fixation on Yoritomo worries Go-Shirakawa and, along with the culture clash of mountains vs capital, causes the rift between Yoshinaka and Go-Shirakawa to widen, until Go-Shirakawa decides he needs put the whole cousin rivalry thing to rest for good with one quick move before it keeps escalating, and shifts sides to Yoritomo right after Yoshinaka's exhausted most of his armies. Etc. etc.. Idk I'm very much winging it here lol

Blog Entries
    Avenger/Assassin 47 Ronin. That's the concept. Or would only the leader be a servant while the rest are his phantasm?

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout

Blog Entries
    i feel like the 47 are one of the most done sheets here. look for them and see what they did and what you wanna do
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    i feel like the 47 are one of the most done sheets here. look for them and see what they did and what you wanna do
    Oh, people have done them before? I did not know that.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Huh, there's been other Ronins? I only remember Lambda's version.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I wonder how an idea could work of Avenger Cassandra whose contracted with Python to form the "Apollo hate-club" and get revenge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also I wonder how an idea could work of Avenger Cassandra whose contracted with Python to form the "Apollo hate-club" and get revenge.
    You could mix in that girl Apollo got turned into a tree and Apollo’s boyfriend who he turned into flowers

Blog Entries
    You could mix in that girl Apollo got turned into a tree and Apollo’s boyfriend who he turned into flowers
    I wouldn't want to mix too much in. To describe a little more I had in mind the connection "girl who sees the future (and curses it)/snake who denies the future" (going with the idea as the chthonic serpent who blocked the Delphic Oracle Python muddies the "future" itself, making it a morass of primal chaos where nothing can happen). Basically if her kingdom fell and the world was ruled by careless gods Cassandra would rather everything came to nothing, contracting with Python to make that happen.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to your idea and Dreamerless's:

I'd personally do a Phantom Spirit combo(à la Shinjuku) using Cassandra as the main focus, and attach the spirit of Daphne(The nymph who turned into a tree through Apollo and Eros' shenanigans) as a counter to Apollo's close loves in particular, and for the "cement" of the combo, put Python in. For appearance, I'm somewhat imagining druid vibes(from both the plant element and Cassandra being a seer), and give her a little danger noodle friend(aka Python). Probably a clairvoyance-focused Avenger as well, come to think of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuramasaMachII View Post
    In regards to your idea and Dreamerless's:

I'd personally do a Phantom Spirit combo(à la Shinjuku) using Cassandra as the main focus, and attach the spirit of Daphne(The nymph who turned into a tree through Apollo and Eros' shenanigans) as a counter to Apollo's close loves in particular, and for the "cement" of the combo, put Python in. For appearance, I'm somewhat imagining druid vibes(from both the plant element and Cassandra being a seer), and give her a little danger noodle friend(aka Python). Probably a clairvoyance-focused Avenger as well, come to think of it.
    Cool concept. The phantasm could be something like fortelling a doomed bad future where you turn into a tree

Blog Entries
    Cool concept. The phantasm could be something like fortelling a doomed bad future where you turn into a tree
    Maybe even something conceptual about "the roots of prophecy" being choked by Python to wither the future.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I like that. It chokes the "roots of prophecy" by basically denying the future/creating a new fate for the victim. It could work similar to how Tohno Shiki basically visualizes the "lines of death", but instead Avenger visualizes the "lines of fate" and sever a specific part even. If you wanted a Master-Servant combo even, make the Master focus on feng shui or be an extreme fatalist or something.

Blog Entries
    Maybe even something conceptual about "the roots of prophecy" being choked by Python to wither the future.
    That seems super fun or interesting as a phantasm.
    Last edited by Dreamerless; March 30th, 2023 at 09:41 AM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, for anyone who was playing GaS earlier this will come as no surprise but I was interested in exploring how Oberon might work separate from the whole LB shenanigans. Something I have been umming and ahhing about was his parentage - namely Morgan le Fay. Since we know that the Fairy named Melusine who is a fragment of Albion is a different entity from the Fairy named Melusine who is Richard's ancestor...Therefore I was toying with doing something similar whereby the "Morgan" who met Julius Caesar in the Age of Gods is not the same being as Morgan le Fay in the Age of Man but rather some kind of predecessor.

Does that sound plausible to you guys?
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've yet to finish LB6 but there is the whole idea of different fairies inheriting roles (names), right? Britomart exists on that basis, so I think it's perfectly plausible to have another Morgan.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Castellan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Very interesting. I'm very much not an expert, but perhaps consider an interpretation presenting him along the lines of... Someone clearly different from the capital politicians (mountain man coarseness and wild nature, piety, etc.), yet still detached from the people's true wishes and needs, but not because being a 'hero' gives him a different perspective somehow, or because being detached from the people was 'required' for him to become a 'hero'. On one hand, the sheet would show his dedication, his piety, his honesty, his love for Tomoe and acceptance of her strength and oni origin, his good sides in general. On the other hand, it would present his exploitation of the capital people as something that was renewed in a different way because of his actions. Basically, presenting his mistreatement of the people of the capital as something that could've been averted if he had actually chosen to listen to their needs. Instead, he turned away from them for personal reasons; he got stuck on surpassing his cousin, seeing that as a more necessary step to ensure his ideal future for him and Tomoe. The growing fixation on Yoritomo worries Go-Shirakawa and, along with the culture clash of mountains vs capital, causes the rift between Yoshinaka and Go-Shirakawa to widen, until Go-Shirakawa decides he needs put the whole cousin rivalry thing to rest for good with one quick move before it keeps escalating, and shifts sides to Yoritomo right after Yoshinaka's exhausted most of his armies. Etc. etc.. Idk I'm very much winging it here lol
    Ooooh, that might be an idea. I think I know how to take it from here, thank you!

And apologies for the late reply, it turns out this "Elden Ring" game is quite something.

So, for anyone who was playing GaS earlier this will come as no surprise but I was interested in exploring how Oberon might work separate from the whole LB shenanigans. Something I have been umming and ahhing about was his parentage - namely Morgan le Fay. Since we know that the Fairy named Melusine who is a fragment of Albion is a different entity from the Fairy named Melusine who is Richard's ancestor...Therefore I was toying with doing something similar whereby the "Morgan" who met Julius Caesar in the Age of Gods is not the same being as Morgan le Fay in the Age of Man but rather some kind of predecessor.

Does that sound plausible to you guys?
    Given what we know about what Morgan's deal was, it might just be that she got confused for a previous "iteration" of the same class of fairy. We also have the weird and funky precedent of Sigurd/Siegfried as far as certain people just acting as recurring archetypes across the Age of Gods and Age of Man, so I say go for it.
    Last edited by Castellan; March 30th, 2023 at 03:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Would it be possible for an individual to have their name stolen by a faerie so whenever they're described it just becomes a description of their appearance?

Like instead of "Bill", its the "the mage who ran afoul of the fae"

On the subject of fae and names.

Blog Entries
    I would imagine that this is related to how changelings happen.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I would imagine that this is related to how changelings happen.
    Interesting.