Page 389 of 440 FirstFirst ... 289339379384387388389390391394399439 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    I might take you up on that when I have enough of the rest of the sheet that it would make sense.

For now, my brain appears to have decided it really wants to get up to "Chapter 6" of my fic, so we seem to be doing that now instead.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shower thought/idea: make a standalone T. rex Servant instead of being a Noble Phantasm of Barnum Brown (and other notable finders of T. rex specimens) because we got "King of Knights", "King of Heroes", etc, so why not the King of the Dinosaurs

Any thoughts on this?
    Because I want to do it because my brain is already going brrrrrrr on the idea (with a preliminary personality and FC ideas to use for "Sue"/T. rex)
    But then I run into a problem(?) I had for Cope and Marsh: how are dinosaurs treated/depicted in the Nasuverse?
    Which now runs into the "problem" of "lb7 is probably my best source but i don't really wanna spoil myself on it"
    So uh
    Yeah
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    how are dinosaurs treated/depicted in the Nasuverse?
    They're not. We've never encountered any actual dinosaurs.

The closest we have is Quetzalcoatl's Noble Phantasm, Quetzalcoatlus, which is apparently somewhere between a Phantasmal and Divine Beast - is that because it's the Noble Phantasm of a goddess? Who can say?

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not counting the dinos from LB7, there's Mary Anning, but aside from her using an Ichythosaurus as a spear and summoning an Elasmosaurus, there's not much else on Nasuverse dinos so far.

Blog Entries
    LB7's deinos aren't even dinosaurs. They're a new species entirely.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    They're not. We've never encountered any actual dinosaurs.
    Explain Melusine.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She's now a dinosaur? Since when?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since it was revealed she's a pure-blooded dragon. Relevant post on the matter.

I'm confused, does that mean every dinosaur is a dragon or does it just means dragons are dinosaurs? Like, are there non-dragon dinosaurs?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pure-blooded dragons were never explained in detail, but we know that they already existed 4.6 billion years ago and that they left the outer side of the planet before humanity was even a thing. As explained in the linked quote, nowadays pure-blooded dragons are fossils, so I say yes, all dinosaurs were pure-blooded dragons.

Sorry if I'm explaining stuff you already know in this follow, but the big important thing about the "pure-blooded dragon" distinction is that, Albion aside, ALL pure-blooded dragons are fully gone pre-humanity but when they left behind what's sorta like a mystic genetic factor, and all dragons that appear in mythology are human guys that inherited the Dragon Factor and became dragons in life for a reason.

For the Fafnir line of dragons, it's greed. For Nero Draco, it's the reaction to learning no one cared about her dying. For Kiyohime, it's her feelings of betrayal because Anchin didn't love her back. For Vortigern, it was his drive to preserve Britain's arcanity. Transforming always comes from a really powerful emotion, and if you wanna make a sheet for a dragon, I'd say the main thing you need to do is nail the reason why they are a dragon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Pure-blooded dragons were never explained in detail, but we know that they already existed 4.6 billion years ago and that they left the outer side of the planet before humanity was even a thing. As explained in the linked quote, nowadays pure-blooded dragons are fossils, so I say yes, all dinosaurs were pure-blooded dragons.

Sorry if I'm explaining stuff you already know in this follow, but the big important thing about the "pure-blooded dragon" distinction is that, Albion aside, ALL pure-blooded dragons are fully gone pre-humanity but when they left behind what's sorta like a mystic genetic factor, and all dragons that appear in mythology are human guys that inherited the Dragon Factor and became dragons in life for a reason.

For the Fafnir line of dragons, it's greed. For Nero Draco, it's the reaction to learning no one cared about her dying. For Kiyohime, it's her feelings of betrayal because Anchin didn't love her back. For Vortigern, it was his drive to preserve Britain's arcanity. Transforming always comes from a really powerful emotion, and if you wanna make a sheet for a dragon, I'd say the main thing you need to do is nail the reason why they are a dragon.
    That's weird because I'm sure there's myths of dragons that weren't originally human. How would that be reconciled in the Nasuverse?

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    One such weird case is Baru Kelinting which I made a sheet for him. His origins are strange. He was born after his mother put a mystic dagger on her lap that caused her to be pregnant. But He was born a full-body dragon right from birth and was an outcast because of it. He only turned human after the hunters cut him down while he was meditating and was reborn into a sickly boy's body. So how does that translate in the Nasuverse since it can go either way?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's weird because I'm sure there's myths of dragons that weren't originally human. How would that be reconciled in the Nasuverse?
    That's a case-by-case situation that whoever is writing the dragon needs a unique answer for based on the contents of the myth. No "one size fits all" answer for this.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Tarrasque goes unexplained (please correct me if I'm wrong), so I think you can always just gloss it over and let it be assumed that it was a random person provided the dragon itself isn't the actual subject of the sheet.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not comfortable accepting all dinosaurs were actually pure-blooded dragons because that's exceedingly dumb. Seems plausible enough that only some of the fossils came from dragons and that scientists just misidentified them all as different archosaurians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    arcanity
    Weird but I'm kinda into it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    some of the fossils came from dragons and that scientists just misidentified them all as different archosaurians
    Assuming they were identified at all. It's entirely possible that they simply haven't been found, depending on how deep in the earth they really are.

Though either way I wouldn't count Melusine as a dinosaur, since Albion is the same age as the planet, and past a certain point you're less of a dinosaur and more of just a really old lizard.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    Tarrasque goes unexplained (please correct me if I'm wrong), so I think you can always just gloss it over and let it be assumed that it was a random person provided the dragon itself isn't the actual subject of the sheet.
    I'm pretty sure Tarrasque's purported origin of being a child of Leviathan has been mentioned numerous times across FGO at this point. I'd feel comfortable saying it can be considered confirmed, if not explicitly then implicitly.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quick q, I'm planning to do a servant who's sorta an equal/opposite counter to a pre-existing Foreigner of mine and am trying to choose between Shielder and Foreigner for him. Which would you recommend?

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    who are you having in mind?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Gradlon, my previous foreigner Dahut's dad. Foreigner because given that in Dahut's sheet Ys == R'lyeh (or some part of it) it's likely that Gradlon also saw Cthulhu (also because mechanicalistically Foreigners are strong against each other), or Shielder because of the Walls of Ys. (There's also gonna be a Rider Lily with that horse that can walk on water as the NP)