Page 429 of 434 FirstFirst ... 329379419424427428429430431 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 8668

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

rex mortuus est, vivat rex! MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Well, I'd probably look for example where the resulting "dragon" is remarked upon/worshipped- should they be treated as such, I'd say they count as a real one. To me, it's like a mortal ascending to godhood.

- - - Updated - - -

Granted- I certainly wouldn't rank them as highly as a naturally-occurring one unless they say, took a bunch of those dragon orbs, but to me, I see no no issue in them being accepted as truly draconic.
    Oh, alright.
    So it would be like, for example, that a snake was connected to floods / rainstorms (due to its association with a body of water and water-based miracles) and through localized worship, it became a minor Dragon with a sort of 'Authority' over rainstorms?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'd say that sounds about right!

Absolute Mistake, and Patriarch of the AAA Clan, a Beast's Lair Subsidiary Anime Aurelius Anomaly's Avatar
    Forbidden Land where there is only Insanity.
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd say that it would be a sea serpent.
    In the hidden plains of the Internet, there are only the lurkers.

rex mortuus est, vivat rex! MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime Aurelius Anomaly View Post
    I'd say that it would be a sea serpent.
    Hmm... so it would be a Phantasmal slightly below the level of a Dragon then?
    Or would you say, consider sea serpents to be actual Dragons or even Nature Spirits?

Absolute Mistake, and Patriarch of the AAA Clan, a Beast's Lair Subsidiary Anime Aurelius Anomaly's Avatar
    Forbidden Land where there is only Insanity.
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Somewhere as dragons that have evolved to adapt to swimming across oceans.
    In the hidden plains of the Internet, there are only the lurkers.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuramasaMachII View Post
    I was just looking at some myth stuff and I remembered that in Korean mythology, the Imoogi is a giant serpent that becomes a dragon through a certain means; in some sources this is through living for living for one thousand years, in others it is by catching a dragon's orb dropped from the skies.

It turns out that the idea of 'a serpent / snake becoming a dragon' exists in numerous cultures, most notably in China, Japan, and the Slavic countries as well as Korea.

As such, I've been wondering: How would the transformation work in the Nasuverse? Would the serpent become a sort of 'False Dragon'?
    i would say a serpent can ascend to a "true dragon" with the help of divine artifacts (the Amenosakahoko, in terms of Oryou, or the Dragon's Gate, in terms of Draco's Xiaoshi) as well. Other than that, the "mortal ascension" thing can work too.

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm...now that my Dietrich series of sheets has ended for the time being, I'm thinking of maybe starting a new project. I notice that I don't often touch the Extra Classes, yet I have a bunch of ideas for potential Alter-Ego Servants where some of them really push the envelope as to the potential of the Class...

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "[Theurgists] are an elite who are not subject to fate, unlike the rest of mankind who are known as the herd"

Running into this in
    SHWEP
    the wild
    feels like a hint to continue with a short story (about this)(in part) I've lost interest in for the foreseeable future

How do you motive yourselves to write fiction when it's just work? It would be nice to have finished either a chapter (not happening) or a oneshot before the end of 2023.
    IYKYK

Blog Entries
    Personally, I just accept that it's work. Takes a lot of time and effort, but it's worth doing just so that it can be done.

When I get stuck for motivation, I look at the structure of the story and refresh myself on what I'm supposed to be doing. What is the function of this line/scene/chapter/work? Can I refine that function any further, can I make it better at doing what it's supposed to do? The answer is almost always yes, and figuring out usually breathes new life into the process in my experience.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I add more pro-wrestling.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    "[Theurgists] are an elite who are not subject to fate, unlike the rest of mankind who are known as the herd"

Running into this in
    SHWEP
    the wild
    feels like a hint to continue with a short story (about this)(in part) I've lost interest in for the foreseeable future

How do you motive yourselves to write fiction when it's just work? It would be nice to have finished either a chapter (not happening) or a oneshot before the end of 2023.
    On one hand, I get the feeling. I've been working on my P5 fic for so long that it does, indeed, sometimes feel like work. On the other hand, I've still managed to write several one shots in the past three years. And it's all because I wanted to. Many of them did not feel like work. And that's on top of all the Servant sheets I've written too. So in my case my motivation depends.

For the pieces I did on a whim, I just wrote them, and finished them, because I was just utterly consumed with the urge to create it in reality, finished.

But for anything that is more planned...that depends on how long it is.

If it's like, a one shot (or a Servant sheet) made to fit a prompt, after picking an idea, assuming I am not consumed by the same feeling I get that leads to whim pieces, I just...hunker down and write it. For anything longer, it's similar to what Random said. I also hunker down and write, accepting it as "work", but also look at my outline. Because if there's one thing that has really helped in writing my P5 fic that is now 68 chapters long (51 of which are posted), is having an outline. I am nowhere near as lost as my first few times attempting to write a multichapter fic, my inspiration sputterring out as I'm unsure where to go, and whenever I'm not as motivated to write, I at least know when I'll get to a part that I'm looking forward to write because it's a "fun" scene (and by fun I mean I'm excited to write it, not necessarily that the scene itself is fun. Like, let's say...looking forward to certain angsty scenes). And I am saying all this as someone who's more of a pantser when it comes to writing, as such my outline is nowhere near as detailed as it could be. Just enough that I'm not lost but with enough "wiggle room" to basically "discover" what I'll end up writing when I get there.

Two other things that's helped me to keep writing are "progress reports" and the idea of "writing something at least once a day". The progress reports in my case are telling my readers on the progress I've made in writing, but really all you need is just somewhere to write down "I have written [insert number here] amount this [insert measure of time here]". The writing something a day is, well, to get the habit of writing, but also to get it through my head that any amount of progress is progress (well, notwithstanding any circumstances preventing this, like the times I've injured myself or got too sick to write). I don't know if it'll be helpful for you, but it helps for me by acting as reminders as well as being comfortable with making even tiny progress even when I'm busy with other things.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 53 on: February 28, 2023 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    Two other things that's helped me to keep writing are "progress reports" and the idea of "writing something at least once a day". The progress reports in my case are telling my readers on the progress I've made in writing, but really all you need is just somewhere to write down "I have written [insert number here] amount this [insert measure of time here]".
    I like to give myself a percentage to completion in my Discord status and stuff. That way whenever I take a breather, I can still spur myself on by making a note that I have actually gotten closer to completing this part.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, everyone. Normally when I write it comes through intensive daydreaming about interactions + research + riffing with myself + figuring out structure + reading good writing to trigger daydreams that are more easily translatable to word. Since this story both involves only one character and is more like 1.5 theses in a story container, once I ran out of the initial fuel of PASSION, I felt like I had none of my usual tricks to fall back on.
    IYKYK

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsugumi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    may it get easier soon
    IYKYK

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I'm working on a Grand Saber Messiah King Arthur Based on the weird Jesus symbolism around Arthur (His status as a saviour and chosen one of Britain/World, His sacrifice at traitors' hand and the Knights of the Round Table as his own apostles.) and his connection to the wider Heroic journey/monomyth. I want to know your views on Jesus and God in the Nasuverse before I proceed because I can't think of an interesting gimmick.

Something I am thinking of giving him is that his Excalibur at full power and with all seals unlocked literally overturns and overpowers Fate, Possibility and certainty and drills a new future where victory is assured into existence with the effect becoming stronger the more hopeless the situation is with it gaining the power to start the age of will when facing a beast. That and his personality being a HFY Believe in the me that believes in you chad inspired by Kamina from TTGL.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    any help?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No.

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To elaborate on Vididii's retort, I'm not sure what help anyone can really give you. I've said this before, but Grands are more of a narrative conceit and we haven't seen any evidence that they work mechanically different from their base-Classes. We like to dress it up more fancy, but really all we do is make Character Creator D&D sheets for potential Servants. So in the end you just have Arthur essentially in the same Class as before and the same NP but juiced up with Jesus symbolism. Not really much input anyone can give you from that point onward.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I kinda want to do an archer or assassin Odysseus. The thing is more of a character study of Odysseus. The basic idea I have is to explore what 10 years of endless war and 10 years of wandering away from one's family does to a man and the things Odysseus did to go home. What does 20 years of endless war and bloodshed away from one's family do to a man?

The basic personality is Odysseus at his absolute lowest. A mute psychopath who has forgotten how to speak or what he looks like under his armour and is set on only returning to Penelope. A man willing to do anything up to murder, Genocide and torture just to return to her. Think Kiritsugu in fate/zero but even lower. I might start on it after I finish Messiah King arthur.