Page 6 of 439 FirstFirst ... 45678111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambda-Nu View Post
    "Enrich the Lostbelt with contemporary events"

Koga, what are you even talking about?

As for what Servants can be included, I'd imagine that just about anything is fair game so long as you can make their inclusion in the story feel natural.
    I meant as we herer talking about mythology crossing concepts , did i meant that as example withhin the greek mythology is also a Eden phase the Golden Age (the time scale where Chronos ruled) where several aspects arent to different if you look at it .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Another random idea for the LB

Someone (either Chaldea or the Crypter) summoned the original Adam/Eve to the LB. Here, they found out that LB!Cain and Abel are commanders of opposing sides (with one of them being LB!Adam's son, remaining in Eden, while the other was LB!Eve's who was born and spent his entire life outside). Knowing what happened in PHH, the summoned Adam/Eve tried to mediate between the brothers, and for a while, it seemed as though they might just succeed in putting aside their differences... except not really, and the first half of the LB ended with Abel somehow killing Cain as their parent powerlessly watched.

Sorry not sorry for the angst
    isnt tecincally Lilith the original and Eva just a replcement /substitute actually at the begginning ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    isnt tecincally Lilith the original and Eva just a replcement /substitute actually at the begginning ?
    No, he's talking in the sense of the original timeline.

But as for your question, kinda.
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:35 PM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    What even are Lost Worlds? I really don't get how they and lostbelts are supposed to be separate as we saw in the Chinese Pantheon that was mentioned to have events which emcompassed the world (references to the Aztecs in South America).
    In Lb6's case, it's because LB6 is NOT a simulated history done-up by a Fantasy Tree, but rather one that has existed via the natural passage of time and the occurrence of events (i.e. history) (and in LB6's/Faerieland Britain's case, facilitated by Morgan being Queen Bitch of the Literal World and having run the joint for hundreds of years.).

If it's simulated by a Fantasy Tree, then it ain't a Lost World.

- - - Updated - - -

The details of "how" are fairly convoluted, but the short answer is that LB6/Faerieland Britain became/was able to become a Lost World when Morgan burned down the Fantasy Tree to use it as fuel.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Anyway, so that I don't feel like I only just did a drive-by loreplanation, I've a nascent idea that probably/possibly won't come to fruit as a full-blown post. The irony being that it was supposed to be a fairly low-key side project to ruminate on and refresh my brain for other works, that quickly turned out to be more involved and dealing with subject matter I'm less than familiar with.

Not a Lostbelt, but a Singularity. A "GUDAGUDA" Singularity that takes place in Tsushima, and based upon the famed invasion of Tsushima (and first invasion of, since that wouldn't be the last time that Tsushima would be a decisive battle locale in Japanese history). The twist being that instead of Mongols invading Japan, it would be the unified(?) forces of the Three Kingdoms.

Basic elements are as follows

Name: GUDAGUDA Hyper Tsushima: Monkey vs. Monkey over the Supposed Other Promised Land
    Factions: Japan, Three Kingdoms
    key figures: Toyotomi Hideyoshi (main ally), [insert suitable rogue's gallery of Three Kingdoms dudes here], Sun Wukong (antagonist mastermind)
    elements: aesthetics of a "demon" army that invades the land, monkey business , immortality/positivity vs. immortality negativty

So, aside from this being what amounts to more-or-less a riff on Warrior's Orochi, remixed and put upon into the setting of the Tsushima during the Mongol invasions, is that the role of main antagonist and leader of the invading forces - rocking the trad Demon Lord vibe - is fulfilled by a power-hungry Sun Wukong who turned down a darker path than his PHH counterpart. Initially believed by the protagonists to be the Six-Earred Macaque once again impersonating the most famous Chinese monkeybro, and having somehow surpassed him in this history, it would eventually be revealed (not too late in the game, so plenty of room for reaction and response) that it's just regular Sun Wukong, but real far gone. Not to the level of being a Sun Wukong Alter, but it wouldn't be too incorrect to deem him as such.

Other Gudagudas would prob show up as a supporting cast. Maybe even some Russians, given a connection to the Tsushima incident of 1861 during the Russo-Japanese War, and since it is a "Hyper Tsushima" then that could merit it. Helena, maybe?

Biggest hurdle--for me, anyways--is that my knowledge of Journey to the West and the Three Kingdoms isn't up to snuff enough to actually actively currently develop this idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Technically, this idea is up for grabs for anyone particularly interested in it.

But, the disjointed, and annoyingly vague, ideas related to it keep coming to me;
    * Three Kingdoms generals being, if not Servants, then maybe immortals rendered such by various methods inspired by or derived from the methods of immortality sought by Wukong. The requisite conniving and such that comes with Three Kingdoms stuff. Lu Bu and Chen Gong? Pseudo-Servant Rani?

* Maybe A Bad Thing happens to Hideyoshi, and Chacha, who'd also be present in that imagined version of the idea, ends up -- for various reasons -- having her Saint Graph ascend to become Avenger, which enables the happening of a second-wind/counter attack by the antagonists towards Wukong and his forces.
    Genderbent Wukong not-an-Alter-but-I-wouldn't-get-my-jimmies-rustled-if-y'all-did as one of his/her ascensions, so that people who don't wanna roll just-a-guy can potentially try to get some evil monkey lady to come to their Chaldea.

* Juxtapositions, in the narrative, about Hideyoshi's ruthlessness and his kind-heartedness/goofy attitude.

* Wukong using his staff/intending to use his staff as a sort of World Pillar, enabling the Singularity to possibly become something greater than a Singularity???

* probably no appearance of Xuanzang, although she'd def get a mention in the story itself re: the happenings of the story

* something something evil Wukong something something demonic Bodhisattva something something is this dude gonna become a Beast or what? Something like a 'successful' 5.5 Ashiya Douman???

* how far to take the "invading demon army" aesthetics? The inclusion of "demons" within the Three Kingdoms' armies? The generals themselves ascending to demons? Certainly not True/Primordial Demons, perhaps, but things more akin to the oni/oni transformations? Depends on the nature of Wukong and how they're under servitude to him????

* despite the possibility/probability of demons being high, I probably wouldn't wanna include Raikou into this, since I don't find her a particularly compelling enough character despite Nasu's commendable efforts to make her out into a Nanaya-esque brainfucked pseudo-MILF who has to deal with both her killbot and demonic backgrounds, and her motherly - and humanizing - aspects.

* What's the "Other Promised Land?" Probably Wukong invading Japan to look for even more methods for immortality, so that his SUPER IMMORTALITY can become EVEN SUPERER IMMORTALITY.

Like I said. As I am now, this idea probably won't get developed by me any further or meaningfully to the point that you can expect to see it get posted in the Create-a-Singularity/Lostbelt thread, but if any of this tickles your imagination bones, feel free to poach it from and adopt it as your own. Whatever comes of this, I just felt like getting this off of my chest.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; August 17th, 2021 at 11:55 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    that does sound interesting. Are there any plans for you to actually release some Sg or LB again?

And while you are here, or I hope you will read this: We plan to test out a new contest format soon. But instead of making new sheets, we take our older ones and submit them to a broader prompt. Goal is to give older sheets attention again, etc., but I mainly want to entice 'the old guard' to show of their sheets and perhaps encourage them to start making servants again.
    But we new generation creators have no contacts to the giants of the CaS2 thread (like shiki-pon, sunny, bloble, daneel, hermes, etc.). Do you think there are still some of them lurking around and are interested in participating?
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:35 PM.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Random joke Servant idea I came across: Chrysis of Argos, a priestess who burned down the temple of Hera in 423 BC.

She'd probably qualify as a Caster (priestess) or Assassin (for "assassinating" Hera), but I'd like to draw your attention to her potential Assassin form. You see, her general motive for burning down the temple has been mostly attributed to her own negligence for the most part. However, there's still some wriggle room there as there are several other interpretations of her motives. Some painted her as a double-agent for a rival cult, or maybe she was making some revolutionary statement about how mankind no longer need gods. Some Christian scholars even used her legend to demonstrate the powerlessness of heathen/pagan gods compared to their own. With this alone, you can characterize her as either a cunning manipulator or a proud revolutionary... but where's the fun in that?

Instead, I propose to you another interpretation of her character. She has a minor case of Innocent Monster, but she's fully aware that what she did was purely an accident, and she seems genuinely remorseful of her own negligence. However, her IM makes it so that others interpret her actions as something greater than they are, and they'd keep congratulating her for "showing the strength of mankind" and "giving Hera that well-deserved power move by burning down her temple", much to her confusion.

You can take this even further with the NP I have in mind for her, where it basically manipulates fate to create "accidental assassinations" without her knowing it (might need to devise some limitations for that). She has very low Presence Concealment, but enemies can't sense any killing intent from her cuz' even she doesn't know when, why, or how her actions could end up killing someone. Basically an Assassin who doesn't even know why she's an Assassin, and keeps pulling off strategic sabotage/assassinations by pure accident, which other people keep praising her for, while keeping her "I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here" attitude.

If her feats alone aren't enough, you can also fuse her with a number of philosophical razors (coincidentally a fitting weapon for an Assassin) such as Occam's razor (the simplest explanation is usually the best one) and Hanlon's razor (never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity/ignorance) as an extension of her IM.

I might take this idea myself eventually, but I already have a pile of unfinished work that it may take a while for me to get to her. In the meantime, if anyone would like to write their own take for her first, go ahead.
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 19th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    My Hyas called and said he wants to stay far far away from her.
    It really is a ridiculous idea, but it reeks like you and your BnEl factor. How many Servants are even on your list?

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    My Hyas called and said he wants to stay far far away from her.
    It really is a ridiculous idea, but it reeks like you and your BnEl factor. How many Servants are even on your list?
    Let's see... roughly three or four connected sheets for the Halloween project (one of them possibly a remaster if your new contest idea takes off), and anywhere between 5-10 unrelated sheets and vague ideas floating around in my head.

Also yes, Hyas should stay very, very far away from her. A god prone to accidental deaths and a "god-slayer" prone to triggering accidental deaths would not go well together.
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 19th, 2021 at 03:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    i just noticed your 420th post was a joke servant idea. Nice. And she literally blazed it

I have two Halloween idea too already. One of course the annoying twinkle star if I find enough faceclaim ideas after scavenging the whole internet for Summer.
    And one a serial killer with a modern fiction connection. If you are interested in using that guy somewhat let me know.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Random joke Servant idea I came across: Chrysis of Argos, a priestess who burned down the temple of Hera in 423 BC.

She'd probably qualify as a Caster (priestess) or Assassin (for "assassinating" Hera), but I'd like to draw your attention to her potential Assassin form. You see, her general motive for burning down the temple has been mostly attributed to her own negligence for the most part. However, there's still some wriggle room there as there are several other interpretations of her motives. Some painted her as a double-agent for a rival cult, or maybe she was making some revolutionary statement about how mankind no longer need gods. Some Christian scholars even used her legend to demonstrate the powerlessness of heathen/pagan gods compared to their own. With this alone, you can characterize her as either a cunning manipulator or a proud revolutionary... but where's the fun in that?

Instead, I propose to you another interpretation of her character. She has a minor case of Innocent Monster, but she's fully aware that what she did was purely an accident, and she seems genuinely remorseful of her own negligence. However, her IM makes it so that others interpret her actions as something greater than they are, and they'd keep congratulating her for "showing the strength of mankind" and "giving Hera that well-deserved power move by burning down her temple", much to her confusion.

You can take this even further with the NP I have in mind for her, where it basically manipulates fate to create "accidental assassinations" without her knowing it (might need to devise some limitations for that). She has very low Presence Concealment, but enemies can't sense any killing intent from her cuz' even she doesn't know when, why, or how her actions could end up killing someone. Basically an Assassin who doesn't even know why she's an Assassin, and keeps pulling off strategic sabotage/assassinations by pure accident, which other people keep praising her for, while keeping her "I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here" attitude.

If her feats alone aren't enough, you can also fuse her with a number of philosophical razors (coincidentally a fitting weapon for an Assassin) such as Occam's razor (the simplest explanation is usually the best one) and Hanlon's razor (never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity/ignorance) as an extension of her IM.

I might take this idea myself eventually, but I already have a pile of unfinished work that it may take a while for me to get to her. In the meantime, if anyone would like to write their own take for her first, go ahead.
    Sounds like an extreme of my Hipponaus sheet, where he fights in part by accidentally creating disasters that harm the opponent while leaving him unscathed. Could be a fun idea.

Darkened Misty Metropolis Lambda-Nu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know of any figures that could be made a Foreigner and are associated with the idea of "haunted mansion".
    The joys of being a Mommy

Loading... Loading... Loading... Loading... Complete.

Servant Database (v2.0)

CHALDEA SECURITY ORGANIZATION: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY
    Singularity / Lostbelt Database

For those of you who'd like to see how far I'm getting on constructing new Servant sheets
    Upcoming Servant Sheets

Blog Entries
    Sarah Winchester fits the whole haunted mansion schtick to a T, though it looks like someone else had already written her as a Foreigner before. Try looking up other haunted houses such as the Borley Rectory and see if there are notable names attached to them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about this, for one the definitions at the same time feel to strict, yet also too hazy, also I feel it just makes things excessively complicated, when they don't need to be (basically my pet peeve with the Reverse side of the world now having like 3 or 4 different official names at this point).

As for the excessive complexity while aside from haziness on the definitions, I think having maybe narrowing down the 4 tree types to maybe just 2 or 3 would work better. As an example you should just cite that sacred trees are trees either created from an old tree which gained mystery or which was empowered by the people's beliefs (basically mixing mystic and sacred trees and say that) and includes all trees which were not connected to the since defunct World Tree Network.

To give another example which sticks to the general ideas you outlined for divine and world trees what if the World tree was a system of roots which ran deep underground and connected all the divine trees together (kinda like the internet runs in cables beneath the ocean to connect the earth)? The whole Yggdrasil burning explanation would still work on explaining why the World tree system collapsed, as Yggdrasil could have been a nexus point where the roots extending into Asia and the Roots extending into America (with Roots not running under the Pacific due to how huge the ocean is and instead just running beneath the Atlantic instead) were separated causing the slow erosion and decay of the sacred trees as their network was then split into 2, and only would continue to become more divided over time.

However that's just my take on matters, I suppose this would also help maybe if you did a post somewhere completing all this info into 1 source.
    I might need to make a blog post about it. Since most people probably don't want to comb through the entirety of my South America lore dumps for the stuff on the Sacred and Divine Trees. Also, its hard to use my usual format for blog posts so I will have to take my time with it.

It's funny that you suggested streamlining them into just Sacred and Divine Trees, because that was the original concept I came up with. Sacred Trees which existed after the Age of Gods and Divine Trees which vanished alongside it. I just realized that there was more that I could take into account when expanding the concept, but then again, sometimes simplicity is best.

Specially on the matter of the World Tree.

I actually didn't have a solid notion of what it was at first only that it would have to be a more complex arrangement than what the Divine Trees were.

And I actually know about the Yoruba connection. But that's something I'll leave to my Lostbelts when it comes to explaining further on. But needless to say, one of the Adjacent Lostbelts to El Dorado is called Oduduwa.

But I understand that being needlessly complex about the trees only makes them harder to actually explain.

So I will keep myself to the bare minimals.

- Divine Trees pin down the concept of the 'biosphere onto the world'.

- Divine Trees record and store data relating to the life forms which have developed as a result of the biosphere.

- Divine Trees were capable of spawning defensive measures against threats. Those being similar to 'bunrei' in practice, through some of them also spawned superior guardian species by using the data of their records. These megafauna can be considered a form of Phantasmal related directly to the Divine Trees while the avatars of the Divine Trees were one of the groups recognized as Gods.

- Divine Trees were at some point linked together, forming a grid that was known as the World Tree. With a central hub located in an undisclosed location.

- The White Titan's arrival lead to the destruction of the grid and a majority of the Divine Trees.

- Sacred Trees start to spawn afterwards as a result of the absence of Divine Trees. Old trees which accumulated mystery or became connected to the beliefs of humans.

- Sacred Trees cannot establish a universal 'biosphere' like Divine Trees. Instead they reflected the beliefs of humans into the environment, creating secluded areas where life behaved according to the belief of those people.

- Sacred Trees lost power with the advent of science and the Age of Man. Going from terminals which allowed human imagination to color the world into mysterious trees with arcane uses. Very few Sacred Trees with any degree of effect over the land exist, mostly in secluded areas.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Now this is such a wholesome take on this figure (ripe for unexpected heart-tugging shenanigans, too). I have things I need to finish before (SOBS IN SUMMER LANGUAGE) but after that? I might put my hands in this idea, if you don't mind.;;;
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Hoho, go ahead, Frenzy. Seeing your track record of wholesome and well-thought of characters, I'd like to see where you're going with this one.

Edit: Might as well dump this little tidbit here, since you'll be taking her. Another idea that crossed my mind for an extra laugh is to make her try so hard to believe that she's a Caster ("A devoted priestess such as myself has no business being summoned in the class known for killers and evil manipulators!") who casts (highly random and unpredictable) "misfortune spells" to others, despite her lack of Caster Class Skills. Any attempt to point out the fact that she's clearly an Assassin would be met with comical, MHX-levels of denial from her. Do with this what you may.
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 20th, 2021 at 05:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    a semi-collaboration between BnEl and WF in one sheet?
    The world is not ready for that one.

speaking of collabs, my dear WF

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    During my search i found some pictures for event servant so here some ideas

A Rockstar Mordred .

and

a Hassan Consplaying Jackie perhaps for Halloween . ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Ohohohohohoho, I feel like I might fit here! Or rather, my abortive attempts at creating anything might well be. At any event, I'll drop a post here for now, and see how badly I despair in the next few weeks.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.