Page 103 of 439 FirstFirst ... 3539398101102103104105108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 8764

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    It is mentioned to be something that Darius the Great opened, probably his Noble Phantasm. Probably just to parallel him with Alexander and contrasting him with Gilgamesh. Kind of weird to give the Doors as Darius III's CE though.
    I'm just kind of confused on whether it has anything to do with Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    Hm. Lewis and Clark did the documenting, while her husband did the heavy work of scouting, and her baby boy (who grew up to have quite a life, all things considered) helped countless tribes consider their party to be there to see shit and not attack. That said? Her imperfect perception does fit her touristy impulses, so it'll work -- or not, depending on which Skills she's copying and wherher she understood what they did in life.

I... I could work with that. Now, for a name.

Also, they're a two-in-one Servant pack that hate each other's guts? Is that what you're going with?
    I also suggest seeking out Revlid's Sacagawea sheet on SV for some inspiration too. He does a pretty good job in making her a support-type servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    I'm just kind of confused on whether it has anything to do with Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon or not.
    It is hinted that Darius I opened up the vault where Gil kept all the world's treasures. Darius's CE explicitly refers to the Door as the entryway to 'The vault that holds all treasures on earth'.

Servant Sheet Compilation
    Pronouns - She/Her
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Blog Entries
    Checked that sheet and... hm. That variant of Pioneer of the Stars does give me an idea -- "the World itself will bend over backwards to help her reach her destination, no matter how impossible, but won't extend that courtesy to her companions" sort of Berser-car distortion. (Only it won't help her get what she truly wants, but who's counting? Not her, and certainly not Bradamante!)

One more thing: if Madness Enhancement enhances Parameters, and Parameters before Madness Enhancemennt is applied are, say, E, would Madness Enhancement A boost them the necessary number of Ranks -- to, say, C, and should that show up in the relevant table/image macro/what have you?
    Last edited by Tabris; February 2nd, 2022 at 05:24 PM.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    One more thing: if Madness Enhancement enhances Parameters, and Parameters before Madness Enhancemennt is applied are, say, E, would Madness Enhancement A boost them the necessary number of Ranks -- to, say, C, and should that show up in the relevant table/image macro/what have you?
    I tend to just have the Mad Enhancement rank decide what Parameters are specifically ranked up rather than the amount of times it ranks up since I usually just default it to one rank. So someone with Strength E with Mad Enhancement A would have all physical parameters ranked up so Strength is now D etc.

Showing up in the relevant section is personal preference though. I tend to just put the unaltered ranking in the Parameters section since people can discern the changed rank from Mad Enhancement's skill fluff but you do you.

Pronouns - She/Her

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    With madness enhancement I generally have their new, improved ranks listed instead of their original rank since those are practically never relevant since sealing madness enhancement is very, very, very difficult to do.

that said, for those that have one whose strength or activation is variable then I use the collapse function. great example is a planned servant of mine coming soon whose own madness enhancement raises under certain conditions and so he has variable parameters.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Ah, sealing Madness Enhancement in favor of whatever personal Skills the Berserker may have is not usually possible, unlike how it is for, say, Assassins who have Espionage replacing Presence Concealment?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Ah, sealing Madness Enhancement in favor of whatever personal Skills the Berserker may have is not usually possible, unlike how it is for, say, Assassins who have Espionage replacing Presence Concealment?
    Nope, Mad Enhancement is a permanent effect and not a convenient switch. That's why, say, summoning Heracles as a Berserker is totally on-brand stupidity from the Einzbeirn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Nope, Mad Enhancement is a permanent effect and not a convenient switch. That's why, say, summoning Heracles as a Berserker is totally on-brand stupidity from the Einzbeirn.
    Then what of Atalante's Calydonian boar pelt? Or is that just FGO taking liberty with EXTRA?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Then what of Atalante's Calydonian boar pelt? Or is that just FGO taking liberty with EXTRA?
    Well, no, because Atalante's from Apocrypha. But yeah, the boar pelt is a Noble Phantasm of Archer Atalante that turns her into a rampaging beast. 'Berserker' Atalante is FGO's excuse to have that form as a separate character.

I'm sure to be the lucky one Desdinova Incarnate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, I had this sort of ambitious series of ideas for the $that I looming around in my head for a while now, which I was planning on putting up on the Create a Singularity/Lostbelt thread. A hypothetical FGO arc 3 focused around threats from or set in the future (A theme that apparently alot of people have been sort of predicting. Seeing as Singularities focus on threats within the past and Lostbelts are dead timelines allowed to exist up to the present, a threat tied to the future wouldn't be all that far off). This all came to me from an idea I had of a Lostbelt 5 style Conan the Barbarian servant that sort of mixes fantasy and sci fi. That spiraled into me wanting to think of a scenario that uses alot more modern servants in cool ways. Because aside from the REALLY famous modern people like Edison and Tesla, most modern servants wouldn't be very strong or crazy in terms of appearance because of that whole degradation of mystery and the fact that most of the stuff they do can do with modern tech makes them generally less impressive than people from the Age of Gods. So eventually, I came upon the idea of a hypothetical arc 3 with a threat from the future.
    My original idea just involved the technological progress of the present being drastically sped up by a group of antagonists so that everything is super sci-fi and Chaldea has to resolve the msytery of how this happened while trying to return the various sci-fi dystopias that result to normal. Essentially going by the theme of "You were all so caught up with whether or not you could, that you never stopped to think whether or not you should" for each. IDK why I scrapped that, but it just felt too similar to Cosmos in the Lostbelt. I did some brainstorming, research, and took time to gather my inspiration, and eventually got a jumbled list of ideas I wanted to base this hypothetical arc 3 around.
    Might have to mention that one of the ideas I have listed mentions something revealed in the Tunguska Sanctuary Epilogue. So uhm... spoilers I guess
    Ideas

1) Obviously the plot would involve some sort of threat to or from the future. I didn't want it to be too similar to Cosmos in the Lostbelt, but the idea of alternate realities overwriting locations in the present and travelling around this new world is just too damn cool tho.
    2) Directly contradictory to that, is saving doomed futures is easy too. Recently, after I found about about the whole deal with the True Wandering Sea being a place outside of regular time and their being ways for them to access a version of themselves in any time period makes for an interesting mode of travel. So somehow Chaldea collaborates with the Wandering Sea. Them working from somewhere outside of time makes an easy way to work around the possibility that the Bleached Earth can't be fixed. Perhaps the locations in arc 3 could be alternate futures, yup.
    3) Locations themed around fantasy kingdoms and lost continents. Like Shambalha, Mu, Lemuria, Laputa and the other kingdoms mentioned in Gulliver's Travels, El Dorado, Hyperboria, the Dreamlands, Atlantis, Ys, etc. Especially Ys, El Dorado, and Hollow Earth stuff. Agartha had me hungering for more of those.
    4)Something involving OOPArts. IDK why, just OOPArts. I had this weird idea that the OOPArts would work as ritual catalysts to somehow summon or impose the history/existence of certain fantasy kingdoms and lost contintents onto Pan Human History... somehow.
    5) The main antagonists also being Time Travelers. I had an idea where there would be two time traveling antagonists, one from the distant past, and one from the distant future. The year 2377, the supposed dawn of the Age of Aquarius. IDK why, it just sounds cool. Oh and a supporting character based on John Titor, that one guy who claimed to be a time traveler and made a bunch of forum posts about it.

Only problem is I'm sorta stumped on how to piece these ideas together, or maybe I'm not satisfied with what I did manage to piece together. Since this is the place for sharing unfinished, developing ideas, I decided to put the mess of ideas I had for it up here first. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Desdinova Incarnate; February 3rd, 2022 at 07:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    How about tying them up together by the making alternate futures those timelines that came to have Chaldea? Make those Friend Points -- and lolbeast Gudako -- count!

With the first and second arcs of canon FGO, the threat was from outside. With this third arc you thought up, why not have every Chaldea-capable timeline be the imagined threat, only none of the Chaldeas and their masters know which one is the real threat?
    Last edited by Tabris; February 3rd, 2022 at 08:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    You could however make a skill that temporarily seals Mad Enhancement. One of my Berserkers has such a skill but it only works if a very specific thing happens and the Master themselves cannot activate it either accidentally or intentionally.

Pronouns - She/Her

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has someone of you read about the creation of Ergo and the Divine Bodies in the actuall El Melloi case files ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; February 3rd, 2022 at 06:58 PM. Reason: typo
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

I keep remembering more wacky servant ideas that I'd apparently forgotten. One which I suggested before to someone else which I wanna try to put together myself eventually is a Gilgamesh sheet following the idea that he was the person to write the oldest written joke. I kinda got stumped though because I wasn't sure what class to make him. My initial thoughts were Alter-Ego, but I'm not sure if that would fit. Anyone have any suggestions for a class I could use?

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sounds like a good April 1st sheet
    maybe ask if NMR-3's Trickster Class may fit. His first example was a man that made riddles which were quite comical and entertaining.
    And if you are no fan of fanmades, go with the dumbest explanation and say Jokes are based on subversions of expectations that could literally "kill" someone and make him Assassin.
    If he is about jokes, make the reason why he is a particular class one too.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    sounds like a good April 1st sheet
    maybe ask if NMR-3's Trickster Class may fit. His first example was a man that made riddles which were quite comical and entertaining.
    And if you are no fan of fanmades, go with the dumbest explanation and say Jokes are based on subversions of expectations that could literally "kill" someone and make him Assassin.
    If he is about jokes, make the reason why he is a particular class one too.
    I honestly had this small idea about Alter-Ego working because it is made from Archer Gilgamesh's "lost sense of humor". In other words, the idea that he would be what gets ejected from Gil's personality when summoned in the Archer class, this creating an Alter-Ego class servant.

So, I'm doing a servant who's known for connecting a part of Europe and Asia over a small body of water with a bridge. Do you guys have suggestions for any conceptual shenanigans I can do with that, or no?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    'Noth'in personell kid'

Maybe it allows him to 'bridge' two points by 'folding' space between them to reach the second point quickly?
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Done with Sacagawea, save for the thingumajigs.

Working on a Watcher Juan Tamad. Skills and backstory are, I think, a lock (though putting him as a Servant at all is a stretch). Thing is, what kind of Noble Phantasm would fit the literal embodiment of sloth?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First I read about him, but wow, he really fits the Watcher-Class. Two vague NP ideas I have for him: The first is a more general one representing the concept of laziness. Basically, it shows the Master a way to accomplish something with the least amount of effort possible. For example, in a turn-based game, he'd show you how to clear the level with the least amount of moves possible, while in battle, he'd show you how to dodge/block an enemy attack while conserving the most mana/energy/effort possible.

The second is based on his tendency to pawn off his job to other people. Maybe something like a weak, passive Command Spell that imparts a subtle suggestion spell to the Master's surroundings whenever they feel too lazy to do something?