Page 186 of 201 FirstFirst ... 86136176181184185186187188191196 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 4016

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

  1. #3701
    夜属 Nightkin Vididii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Eastern US
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    132
    US Friend Code
    724,954,417
    Update on the Scheherazalter decisions, gonna go with Mormo, because with additional research, that's the only one ya boi HP actually made, other than Big Cloud, but I can't find any info on him other than working for Azathoth

  2. #3702
    祖 Ancestor
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Why are you asking?
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,347
    https://lovecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Mormo

    She’s connected to Lilith and the gorgons so that should help. You can always make stuff up if you don’t know.

  3. #3703
    夜属 Nightkin Vididii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Eastern US
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    132
    US Friend Code
    724,954,417
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    https://lovecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Mormo

    She’s connected to Lilith and the gorgons so that should help. You can always make stuff up if you don’t know.
    Yuhhh, found the short story that mentions her too, The Horror at Red Hook

  4. #3704
    夜属 Nightkin Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Siltvelt
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Its too large scale for a demon pillar
    The EoR Singularities are for scale and are roughly city-scaled at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    I think DelRey's right on the issue of scale, unless you have Ruler with the power of manifesting a sort of pocket world or setting as part of their skillset, like how it was in Agartha. I can definitely see Tolkien being able to do something like that, but I assume by you addressing him as caster, it ain't him.

    Honestly, that would make for a sick tabletop campaign- have the 6 servants of the other classes have to work together and travel to fight the one manifesting a fantasy world, Tolkien
    Yeah, scale being a problem makes sense, and you are right on the money Vididii. Tolkien was going to be responsible for Macro scale stuff in this, while the other, who I may as well drop the mystery and say is Walt Disney, was for Micro scale. However, with Tolkien having escaped, Walt and Dantalion had to do some shenanigns. Regardless, the point is made. Would this work instead:


    Shift location to Anaheim, Calafornia. The place as a whole is affected by the texture, with all the same effects, but only recently. However, Disneyland, which exists about 15 years to early, is the center point, and a fair bit bigger once you entered into it. To be exact, while the effect that separates it indicates the 500 acres it actually is, inside it is the size of Disney World, Florida(27,900 acres)

    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Hey legendary. I’ve got a question. Have you considered doing a grand or beast class servant? If so then do you have any idea who it would be.


    I like your singularity but I agree that the scale is too big.
    I mean... I have given it a bit of thought in the past. No real candidates just yet. Well... except one, but his existence is pivotal to the concept I have for a Lostbelt series. And he's not all that original either. It's kinda just another Satan/Lucifer sheet, with my spin on it that puts his exsistance a bit closer to the DC character.

    I am in the middle of researching a few candidates in line with the outline proposal that was posted here a while back.
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; July 2nd, 2022 at 07:56 PM.

  5. #3705
    ----------------------------------------
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Dead Account
    Age
    27
    Posts
    408
    Blog Entries
    1
    0
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 10:19 PM.
    0

  6. #3706
    夜属 Nightkin Vididii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Eastern US
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    132
    US Friend Code
    724,954,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Yeah, scale being a problem makes sense, and you are right on the money Vididii. Tolkien was going to be responsible for Macro scale stuff in this, while the other, who I may as well drop the mystery and say is Walt Disney, was for Micro scale. However, with Tolkien having escaped, Walt and Dantalion had to do some shenanigns. Regardless, the point is made. Would this work instead:


    Shift location to Anaheim, Calafornia. The place as a whole is affected by the texture, with all the same effects, but only recently. However, Disneyland, which exists about 15 years to early, is the center point, and a fair bit bigger once you entered into it. To be exact, while the effect that separates it indicates the 500 acres it actually is, inside it is the size of Disney World, Florida(27,900 acres)



    I mean... I have given it a bit of thought in the past. No real candidates just yet. Well... except one, but his existence is pivotal to the concept I have for a Lostbelt series. And he's not all that original either. It's kinda just another Satan/Lucifer sheet, with my spin on it that puts his exsistance a bit closer to the DC character.

    I am in the middle of researching a few candidates in line with the outline proposal that was posted here a while back.
    On the subject of a Grand, may I suggest Cain as a grand assassin? Dude invented murder, and it’d just be funny to have a NP of his just be “Big Rock EX”. Especially if Walt sees his creation (excellent choice btw, dude always wanted to make a perfect city of his liking iirc) as a paradise, the person who performed the first undebatable sin ruining it would be rather fitting.

  7. #3707
    Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Lost in Ambition
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,369
    Blog Entries
    6
    Choosing joker as an example is a bad choice because his goal is batman and teasing him.
    Uhh citation is the fact that him waking up ends the damn universe in the hplverse, inspired by the great god of lord dunsany that has the same concept for it.
    And azathoth has nothing going on except being dumb and sleeping and in concept is the origin of everything. What can one do from it? The arguments you present what his motivations are, are basically "he wants it, because i want it." This makes already a weak basis. Ignoring the basis, what can the servant do with this power? In theory they should be able to basically do anything. You can not make them not OP in a way that feels boring and every power you do come up with feels forced because there is no real basis for it in his legend or too weak considering what they are.
    Choosing azathoth as the outer god in any regular servant feels automatically wrong and boring because it is basically the statement "i just want to make a powerful foreigner just because and with no actual thought process behind it."
    You can make the same servant with any other outer god and make it more interesting than with azathoth. I stand firm on this opinion. I personally hope nasu and co. do not touch azathoth
    Behold! The works of a maniac!
    Servants!

    And my other contribution to this community!
    Advanced Formatting Guide
    Free FC Gallery
    Extra Class Comp

    Call me Formatting-sensei.

  8. #3708
    夜属 Nightkin Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Siltvelt
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    On the subject of a Grand, may I suggest Cain as a grand assassin? Dude invented murder, and it’d just be funny to have a NP of his just be “Big Rock EX”. Especially if Walt sees his creation (excellent choice btw, dude always wanted to make a perfect city of his liking iirc) as a paradise, the person who performed the first undebatable sin ruining it would be rather fitting.
    Yeah, Cain was in the options for being part of the counter-force team. And it would play into the idea I have of, by the time you fight him, Walt and his twisted mind is closer to a Beast candidate than a Ruler. Even the lack of power wouldn't exactly be a sticking point, as within Disneyland, Walt is god and essentially has Authority in the realm. However, I settled on a different idea for who ends everything. Mr 'I caused the Grail Quest', Sir Balin. Saber and Avenger versions(their on different teams).

    The other counterforce option is Starkad, but he depends on if I settle on Dietrich, Uther or Thor as the most powerful Valiant Defender

    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Choosing joker as an example is a bad choice because his goal is batman and teasing him.
    Uhh citation is the fact that him waking up ends the damn universe in the hplverse, inspired by the great god of lord dunsany that has the same concept for it.
    And azathoth has nothing going on except being dumb and sleeping and in concept is the origin of everything. What can one do from it? The arguments you present what his motivations are, are basically "he wants it, because i want it." This makes already a weak basis. Ignoring the basis, what can the servant do with this power? In theory they should be able to basically do anything. You can not make them not OP in a way that feels boring and every power you do come up with feels forced because there is no real basis for it in his legend or too weak considering what they are.
    Choosing azathoth as the outer god in any regular servant feels automatically wrong and boring because it is basically the statement "i just want to make a powerful foreigner just because and with no actual thought process behind it."
    You can make the same servant with any other outer god and make it more interesting than with azathoth. I stand firm on this opinion. I personally hope nasu and co. do not touch azathoth
    While I do agree with you, playing devils advocate I can propose a few ideas that may point to Yog-Sothoth being the most powerful entity, and Aza being a lot lower on the scale. Most of it is stuff in Dream Quest for Unknown Kadath, specifically where Yog is described as the Ultimate Archetype, or the Final Archetype. Others are where there are references to universes with different physics, implying realities beyond his effect(this assumes that the Lord Dunsany connection is a fiction).

    Regardless, I agree that Aza should be left alone. He would just be a giant I Win button.

    On a different note: William Shakespeare, Alexandre Dumas and Hans Christen Anderson. Three great writers. Three. DIFFERENT. ITEM CONSTRUCTIONS.

    We have Shakespeare's Enchant, which claims to be the skill for great writers(Or they have an NP). Hans uses his NP, so that can be forgiven a bit. BUT DUMAS. The way his NP is described to work, basically is just Enchant. A REWORKED Enchant. But still Enchant. DESPITE THIS, he gets Item Construction(Revision) instead!?

    God, sometimes looking into canon skills for sheets is not worth the aneurism.
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; July 2nd, 2022 at 09:40 PM.

  9. #3709
    夜属 Nightkin Vididii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Eastern US
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    132
    US Friend Code
    724,954,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Yeah, Cain was in the options for being part of the counter-force team. And it would play into the idea I have of, by the time you fight him, Walt and his twisted mind is closer to a Beast candidate than a Ruler. Even the lack of power wouldn't exactly be a sticking point, as within Disneyland, Walt is god and essentially has Authority in the realm. However, I settled on a different idea for who ends everything. Mr 'I caused the Grail Quest', Sir Balin. Saber and Avenger versions(their on different teams).

    The other counterforce option is Starkad, but he depends on if I settle on Dietrich, Uther or Thor as the most powerful Valiant Defender
    Balin, you say?

  10. #3710
    夜属 Nightkin Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Siltvelt
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Balin, you say?
    ...That was bad and you should feel bad.

  11. #3711
    夜属 Nightkin Vididii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Eastern US
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    132
    US Friend Code
    724,954,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    ...That was bad and you should feel bad.
    Hey, he ain’t the most well-known Knight of the round, but he’ll Break Artoria’s ankles every time

    However, the idea of two versions of the same servant manifest at the same time? That’s cool shit, I like it

  12. #3712
    夜属 Nightkin Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Siltvelt
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Hey, he ain’t the most well-known Knight of the round, but he’ll Break Artoria’s ankles every time

    However, the idea of two versions of the same servant manifest at the same time? That’s cool shit, I like it
    Eh, it's nothing to ground breaking. Avenger is a WICKED MONARCH and Saber was brought forth by the counterforce. It is essentially the same situation as Chiron in Lostbelt 5, only we get to see it this time.

  13. #3713
    Lord Barthomeloi
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    gacha hell mandala
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    151
    Blog Entries
    2
    My my, we were quite a busy thread today weren't we?
    As the representative of Barthomeloi, I suppose I should lay down some
    wait for it

    here it comes



    i'm gonna get stoned for this



    law
    lore


    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    I'm also notably using this explanation in tandem with how he (probably, it was never confirmed if it was him) appeared in Extra and offscreen jobbed. I'm saying that BB literally cut him off from access to the moon in any form, because otherwise he'd just fuck off.
    For length purposes
    BB wasn't a thing during Extra, especially not on the Near Side. He just lost fair and square against a (presumed) fellow Pioneer of the Stars.
    Should he have won?
    If you ask me, yes he should've beaten Drake there just on principle of the setting (though we don't know who he lost to in Extra itself, where he's mentioned before Shinji et al. enter the Grail War), though obviously he wouldn't win given who else is in the war (the motherfucking Buddha). But we'd need his kit as a Servant to know why he lost, and even Type Moon's not bold enough to try and make him an official Servant, so they just skirt the edges of his existence, never explicitly saying Neil Armstrong or identifying an astronaut Servant as Armstrong, but strongly implying it. It's understandable that they wouldn't want to try the messy legal issues of it, I certainly wouldn't.

    So while I agree on principle, it could get justification in other text.
    But consequent of my agreement, I cannot in good faith not support making a Neil who wouldn't have lost to Drake. It just makes sense for a Grail War set on the Moon of all places. Like really, they could've at least had it be Gawain who defeated him, "The Sun" naturally being the thing that surpasses "The Moon".


    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Honestly, on that topic I have an idea that may help. So, if I remember correctly, Crimson Moon led a civilization on the moon. However that fell to ruin and he looked to earth to build a new kingdom. Assuming that ruin meant their population fell so far that they would be doomed to eventually go extinct, it may be that by Armstrong's time, their were so few it wasn't dangerous to actually go to the moon.

    As for foreign physics... well, it does have different gravity and lack of atmosphere, so does that count as enough? In all seriousness, we actually have no idea what the death of an Ultimate one would do to their home planet. It may be that with Crimson Moon's death, and it's relative proximity to earth, the moon's physics slowly shifted to parallel those of Gaia more.
    I have kindly
    Your memory was incorrect; it is never implied that Crimson Moon had a civilization on the Moon. Rather, it's implicitly the case that he didn't, because he exists.
    Ultimate Ones can only form on celestial bodies with singular wills, while independent lifeforms always form independent wills from their homeworld that splits the will of the planet in two.
    This is why Earth has no natural Ultimate One; organic life (esp. humans) exist, so Earth cannot unify its will. Consequently, because the Moon has an Ultimate One, it has no civilization.
    The situation in Tsuki no Sango is a complete outlier that doesn't fit the rest of the Nasuverse. It's more of a "Work written by Kinoko Nasu" rather than "A work of the Nasuverse".

    Re: physics on other planets
    Where did anyone get the idea that physics operates differently on different planets?
    The physics of the universe is a constant. While there is room for muddying the waters somewhat, the overall rules are the same no matter where you go, even in the Nasuverse.
    If we're talking about how the Age of Gods in each area had different laws, they weren't different laws in terms of physics, but rather mystical laws. We can see this in Lostbelt 5, where the laws of physics are still exactly what we expect. Going upwards takes you to space, the oceans flow in accordance with oceanic currents, humans eat and drink necessary foods and drinks etc., but the mystic principles are different from the modern day, e.g. Kirschtaria being able to use the universe as a magic circuit because of the Grecian understanding that "the Heavens are filled with True Ether" because the Machine Gods descended from space and utilize True Ether. So on and so forth. The actual physical rules remain constant.


    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I always had the headcanon that some other super powerful being on the moon took up the mantel of type-moon and now governs it.
    [...]
    To be honest. You shouldn’t think about nasuverse metaphysics too hard given that most of it is pretty contradictory and raises more questions than it answers. Sometimes not asking is better than asking.
    put these in spoilers
    That headcanon is definitely far from canon, Crimson Moon is defined by being the Ultimate One of the Moon, he's just on loan to the Earth, but still has fundamental nature on the Moon. This is why Arcueid in Fate/Extra has her Blut die Schwester Noble Phantasm work the way it does; she uses her fundamental nature as the Ultimate One of the Moon and Acting Ultimate One of the Earth to force the same "relationship" between her and her enemies, making them "6x weaker" because of the Moon's gravity being 6x less than Earth's (approximately).
    Crimson Moon will also eventually return. That's literally Arcueid's whole schtick, the Crimson Moon will one day fly again, with a lot of other Tsukihime events being concurrent to that (e.g. Wallachia will cease to be a phenomenon).

    As for the latter.
    That's almost offensively wrong.
    If you have the capacity to ask, it is never a sin to do so. It is always better to know, yet not fully understand. Misunderstanding is something that can be rectified.


    And finally
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Yooo, finished my Gotz design
    The scrunkly (this is the most important lore).

  14. #3714
    夜属 Nightkin Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Siltvelt
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    Your memory was incorrect; it is never implied that Crimson Moon had a civilization on the Moon. Rather, it's implicitly the case that he didn't, because he exists.
    Ultimate Ones can only form on celestial bodies with singular wills, while independent lifeforms always form independent wills from their homeworld that splits the will of the planet in two.
    This is why Earth has no natural Ultimate One; organic life (esp. humans) exist, so Earth cannot unify its will. Consequently, because the Moon has an Ultimate One, it has no civilization.
    The situation in Tsuki no Sango is a complete outlier that doesn't fit the rest of the Nasuverse. It's more of a "Work written by Kinoko Nasu" rather than "A work of the Nasuverse".

    Re: physics on other planets
    Where did anyone get the idea that physics operates differently on different planets?
    The physics of the universe is a constant. While there is room for muddying the waters somewhat, the overall rules are the same no matter where you go, even in the Nasuverse.
    If we're talking about how the Age of Gods in each area had different laws, they weren't different laws in terms of physics, but rather mystical laws. We can see this in Lostbelt 5, where the laws of physics are still exactly what we expect. Going upwards takes you to space, the oceans flow in accordance with oceanic currents, humans eat and drink necessary foods and drinks etc., but the mystic principles are different from the modern day, e.g. Kirschtaria being able to use the universe as a magic circuit because of the Grecian understanding that "the Heavens are filled with True Ether" because the Machine Gods descended from space and utilize True Ether. So on and so forth. The actual physical rules remain constant.
    I'll agree that the statement about 'leading a civilization' is wrong, fucking wiki. However, I will say I'm part of the school of thought that ultimate ones aren't the only life on a planet, just the prime example chosen. With this idea, Earth does not have an Ultimate one because of sentient life, than organic life. With Alaya becoming it's own thing before an Ultimate one could be formed. However, I acknowledge that this position may be faulty.

    As for the alien physics thing, I think there is an okay basis for that:
    そんななか、 ORTはそもそも地球上でのルールが成立しないし、
    This is a quote by Nasu that literally translates to 'Ort does not have rules on earth to begin with'. This could have a few meanings, but the one I take is that normal physics doesn't apply to him.

    That is due to this:
    彼(?)が居るだけで地球は彼の住んでいた環境に変化していく。ようするに物理法則の改竄、“異界秩序”の だだ漏れなのである。
    人間が地球を滅ぼす種なら、ORTは文字通り地球を異星に塗り替える”侵略者”なのだ。

    Translation: He (?) Just by being there, the earth changes into the environment in which he lived. In other words, it is the falsification of the laws of physics, the leak of the "otherworldly order". If humans are the species that destroys the Earth, the ORT is literally the "invaders" who will turn the Earth into aliens.
    This is a quote that describes the functioning of Ort's Crystal Valley effect. When talking abut physics, it literally uses the word falsification when speaking about Ort interacting with it. Whether this is falsifying earths physics to make mercury's, or creating a simulation of mercury's on earth, it implies either way a different physics.

    Despite this, the argument can be made your right. There are a few times nasu simply refers to the common sense of the planet, and those would included mystic laws alongside physical ones.

    There is also this:
    ちなみに直死の魔眼ではコイツは殺せません。 死の概念がないので物理的に破壊するしかないのである。

    Translation: By the way, you can't kill him with the magic eye of direct death. Since there is no concept of death, there is no choice but to physically destroy it.
    That implies you have to destroy it physically. However, whether this just means that would be the more effective route for the possessors of the MEoDP, or an across the board thing I don't know. And while I interpret this as 'Physically, as in through interactions with the laws of physics' it could easily be 'Physically, interaction with concepts is a waste of time'

    As for Tsuki... I go no defense for the conflation other than, I'm never sure what is cannon, so I act like everything is and deal with the fallout later.
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:31 AM.

  15. #3715
    夜属 Nightkin Vididii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Eastern US
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    132
    US Friend Code
    724,954,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    My my, we were quite a busy thread today weren't we?
    As the representative of Barthomeloi, I suppose I should lay down some
    wait for it

    here it comes



    i'm gonna get stoned for this



    law
    lore



    BB wasn't a thing during Extra, especially not on the Near Side. He just lost fair and square against a (presumed) fellow Pioneer of the Stars.
    Should he have won?
    If you ask me, yes he should've beaten Drake there just on principle of the setting (though we don't know who he lost to in Extra itself, where he's mentioned before Shinji et al. enter the Grail War), though obviously he wouldn't win given who else is in the war (the motherfucking Buddha). But we'd need his kit as a Servant to know why he lost, and even Type Moon's not bold enough to try and make him an official Servant, so they just skirt the edges of his existence, never explicitly saying Neil Armstrong or identifying an astronaut Servant as Armstrong, but strongly implying it. It's understandable that they wouldn't want to try the messy legal issues of it, I certainly wouldn't.

    So while I agree on principle, it could get justification in other text.
    But consequent of my agreement, I cannot in good faith not support making a Neil who wouldn't have lost to Drake. It just makes sense for a Grail War set on the Moon of all places. Like really, they could've at least had it be Gawain who defeated him, "The Sun" naturally being the thing that surpasses "The Moon".
    Excellent to know- All the Extra stuff confuses the shit outta me, I just gotta sit down and binge it all one day- I'll put this into account.



    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    And finally

    The scrunkly (this is the most important lore).
    Awww, ty

  16. #3716
    祖 Ancestor
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Why are you asking?
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,347
    I’m curious if you’ll have any DLC characters. You could use some Indian or middle eastern servants to fill out the roster.

  17. #3717
    Lord Barthomeloi
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    gacha hell mandala
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    151
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    snip
    I think we can agree to disagree on the topic of life on other planets; there's no particular concrete statement either way that I'm aware of, it's more a consequence of induction. But induction will tend to be fairly flimsy when there's a sample size of one, that being Earth. We have no lock on other planets with more than a single definitive specimen of life, so we have no definite conclusion about sapient life or merely life other than the planet itself being the factor.
    I can't support my assertion beyond the previous line of logic, so I can't really say anything further.

    On the physics topic, however, I have a lot to say.
    On Quote the First
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    'Ort does not have rules on earth to begin with'
    It's valuable to look at context; Nasu is talking about the case of Servants fighting ORT on Earth. That's why the preceding sentence is about when there's somehow an occasion on which they can die, then discusses ORT and Primate Murder as examples of absurd cases.
    どちらも神秘に生きるものたちなので”何とかして殺す手段がある”時点で状況次第としか言えま せん。
    Both are types of beings that live in Mystery, so one could say it depends on the situation at the time "when there is somehow a way to kill them".
    そんななか、 ORTはそもそも地球上でのルールが成立しないし、プライミッツマーダーは霊長に対して超有利なので別格で しょうか。
    In that situation, the rules of the Earth don't apply to ORT in the first place, and Primate Murder has an ultra-advantage against Primates in the first place, so you could say it's an exception, I suppose?
    The verb for the rules of Earth here is 成立, which refers to something applying to a context, e.g. the rules of soccer do not apply to war. The rules of British law don't apply to the Queen. It isn't bound by our own rules, but that doesn't equate to not being bound by the laws of physics, which are merely observed by mankind, rather than being rules we invented.
    We know for a fact that our rules aren't the highest ones in the universe; the Alien God flagrantly brandishes rules of a far higher system, which is why she can do such absurd things as forming black holes by just waving a hand. She operates on the system of the universe, more or less meaning that she works off the fundamental laws rather than merely what we know of them (which is why she casually mentions being able to see fundamental particles with her omniscient vision in Tunguska's epilogue). These rules obey physics in principle, but are manipulated in ways that are simply impossible within current human understanding.
    So for this example, you could think of the laws of physics as being mathematics; the rules of math don't change no matter where you go on earth, but the curriculum changes between countries, and they get more insane the higher up the ladder you go.
    It's not the laws that have changed, but who and how they're being used have.


    On Quote the Second
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    That is due to this:
    This is the most arguable point, but the overall point of the section is that it changes the rules, which harkens back to the above points, that it isn't bound by our rules.
    The specific part here is
    ようするに物理法則の改竄、“異界秩序”のだだ漏れなのである。
    In short, it is the alteration of the laws of physics, an enormous leak of a "Spirit World Domain".
    The keyword here is 改竄, which refers to the doctoring/falsification/alteration of something that already exists, rather than "falsification" in the sense of "negating".
    Doctoring the laws of physics is basically the root of all magecraft; you're doing something physically possible, but skirting the means in a way that make them impossible according to the laws of physics.
    There's no way, according to the laws of physics, that an 11 year old girl chanting some random words in a train would cause a hailstorm of green meteors, but using magecraft, you can accomplish it.
    ORT just takes that to its logical extreme by doing things we would deem impossible by just existing and making its own world take form, wherever that may be.


    On Quote the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    There is also this:
    This one is a direct reference to Notes (which is why the section is labelled "Source/???" in the materials), where Ultimate Ones are established to have no concept of death, so the only way to "kill" one is to completely destroy it in a physical manner. This is supported in Tsukihime and Melty Blood, where the relevant Ultimate One (Arcueid) can't die from Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, because she has no death. This gets blown all the way to her physical form having zero Lines of Death when the full moon rises, and in Ryougi Shiki's Melty scenario, when Archetype Earth takes her on.
    To quote from Notes:
    Quote Originally Posted by V/V and Gun God, notes. "How a Star is Born"
    “It's impossible. Everyone doesn't understand what an Aristoteles is. That isn't a life form on this planet. There is no chance of winning.”
    “How could that be? In reality, we have already defeated 3 Aristoteleses. If we have more fire power than them, it's not an unstoppable opponent”
    “I don't know about that. They can't be judged by this planet's common sense. That's why even a concept of death doesn't exist for them. They won't stop until they achieved their objective.”
    To directly address the quote you brought, the important word is 物理的, which refers to physical in the normal sense of the word. I.e. a physical attack, physically moving, so in the context it is
    死の概念がないので物理的に破壊するしかないのである。
    He has no concept of death, so there's no choice but to destroy him physically.
    The idea is that, given that it bears no concept of death, thus its death cannot be forced to happen, the only way to kill it is by direct killing. Whether that's by Ado Edem's blade, Gun God's shot, or just an enormous source of raw power is more-or-less irrelevant, it just matters that it can't be done by anything other than a direct physical attack, like how Sefar was immune to attacks with the quality of "Civilization"; civilization can't damage it, but an enormous beam of raw planet juice certainly can.


    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    As for Tsuki...
    To be entirely fair, people generally don't remember that Tsuki no Sango even exists, let alone what it would imply for Nasu's later works. But it's very much a more "fairytale" sort of story, so it's fair to say that it doesn't fit quite right into a more rigorous and clearly interconnected canon like the modern nasuverse. It's not like there's an offical concept of it being removed from canon; officially, it is a timeline where Tsukihime didn't happen, and it's a World of Steel-type world, but magecraft lingers, which is why it can't be called an EXTRA world. It's kinda just a mess to try and force it in, so it's easier to just put it on the side and enjoy it for what it is; a lovely story written by our favourite deranged mushroom.

  18. #3718
    夜属 Nightkin Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Siltvelt
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiciar Hux View Post
    snip
    Yeah, on the first point, I am happy to agree to that. In a universe like this, so much is based upon a persons personal interpretations of some pretty vague things, that it's useless to try say any one person is definitively right until the creator says so.

    On the stuff for physics, yeah, that is solid. Makes enough sense with the full context and an explanation of someone with a better grasp of the language and so isn't having to rely on translation sites. I'm happy to agree with you on this now, so thanks for that.

    On the last point: Eh, I know it probably isn't a good perception, but it works most the time. Up until you decide to reference DDD and your friend wants to put you 6 feet under, but personal problems are personal.

    Regardless, I do want to apologies if I came off as a bit combative in my first response. Thanks for the lore!

  19. #3719
    祖 Ancestor
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Why are you asking?
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,347
    Hey vididii. How’s your morrigan coming along? You said that it would be ready today.

  20. #3720
    夜属 Nightkin Vididii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Location
    Eastern US
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    132
    US Friend Code
    724,954,417
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Hey vididii. How’s your morrigan coming along? You said that it would be ready today.
    Funny you mention that! Been waylaid today because my family's doing July 4th a day early so we can sleep in tomorrow, so I gotta do the sheet before I sleep, but I just finished the design!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •