Page 211 of 440 FirstFirst ... 111161201206209210211212213216221261311 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    One of my weirder ideas right now is to try and make Spacewar!, the first ever (widely distributed) video game, into a Servant, obviously standing in for videogames in general. The reason I don't just make it creator into a Servant is because it was a group project, and its main creator Steve 'Slug' Russell is still alive, so making Spacewar the Servant makes more sense to me.

Possible classes could include Rider (since the game's about a dogfight), MoonCancer, possibly Foreigner, and even Voyager not just because the space setting, but mainly due to making contact with a 'new world', computer and gaming worlds in this case

Also about my maybe-someday Winnie the Pooh profile, due to the book The Tao of Pooh he'd become a Taoist mage through Innocent Monster

Blog Entries
    I can't wait for Xi Jinping to die and join Edison and Red Hare among the FGO furries.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If they're an embodiment of videogames in general I wonder if you could somehow work in the early urban legends surrounding them like Polybius. Like some kind of Innocent Monster Skill. Actually Polybius itself might be an interesting concept to base an "abstract personification" Servant off of...

Blog Entries
    Polybius also shares its name with an ancient Greek historian, so you could possibly combine the two. He was also from Arcadia, to work an 'arcade' pun in there

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Polybius also shares its name with an ancient Greek historian, so you could possibly combine the two. He was also from Arcadia, to work an 'arcade' pun in there
    Heavily Innocent Monster-ized Polybius conflating him with the fictional arcade-game? Hmm, that might be a bit of a stretch...

Blog Entries
    Polybius the historian and Polybius the urban legend do have more in common with each other than just their name though. The arcade game's name may be a knowing reference to his assertion that historians should never report what they can't verify through eyewitnesses

Edit: Er, well the meaning behind the name is technically more than the just the name

Blog Entries
    There's a whole documentary online that goes into detail about this subject! I'll see if I can find it.

- - - Updated - - -

That was quick.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Polybius the historian and Polybius the urban legend do have more in common with each other than just their name though. The arcade game's name may be a knowing reference to his assertion that historians should never report what they can't verify through eyewitnesses
    Something I thought about is that his belief in firsthand recording could be fused with how the game was said to be an experiment studying how it would affect
    victims
    players
    psychologically to make him obsessed with extracting data from people, regardless of ethical boundaries. So he'd basically be an embodiment of the modern "data harvesting" phenomenon on social media and the like. I guess he'd be a Watcher following that logic.

Blog Entries
    Got one more idea source before stopping for now. It's actually a comic done by OroJuice on Reddit that not only has links to some of his other comics based on similar material, but a number of his works also contains commentary on the subject material he uses. In this case we get a little lesson on Mordred's half-brother Meurvin fathered by the Paladin Ogier. Though there are two more sites you could try for inspiration: One is this guy over on the Type-Moon Fate Fandom who's been a busy beaver with Servant making (even did a page for minor characters for his two works like the official wikia does), and the other is this artist on Tumblr who made up quite a number of portraits for possible Servants that haven't been touched yet like some of the Fairy Tale stories.

Blog Entries
    While Launcher from memory wasn't anything more than a nickname for Karna, working on my entry for the Revise contest has got me wondering about what it'd be like as an actual Class. Obviously it could include any Astradhari or anyone associated with atoms or the splitting thereof, but also Servants strongly associated with the Sun or Stars, given they are natural nuclear reactors.

No idea what the Class Skills would be though. Mana Burst (Flame)?

So, now that the Messenger is (finally) done, I'm gonna start working on the other ideas I've had since joining here. I'm planning on making a sheet for Gretchen from Goethes Faust, and I wanted to ask, Mephistoheles' biography makes Faust a real character in the universe, but beyond that there aren't any mentions of the story right? I looked around a bit but I'm really not very familiar with Nasuverse stuff beyond fate and I don't wanna make something that's contrary to canon info, at least not accidentally.

Blog Entries
    Faust hasn't been mentioned outside of FGO at least. What is interesting is that the Daemon Mephistopheles seems to exist outside of Faust though, and the homunculus Mephistopheles merely took on its attributes.

Fate\last call

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll

Blog Entries
    I wonder how the thought-experiment of The Dragon In My Garage could translate into a Noble Phantasm? I imagine it would work interestingly with the Nasuverse conception of mystery...

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I wonder how the thought-experiment of The Dragon In My Garage could translate into a Noble Phantasm? I imagine it would work interestingly with the Nasuverse conception of mystery...
    Some sort of super-jacked version of Information Erasure? A passive NP that automatically removes all method of verifying a piece of information? Morg's recent Gorgias comes to mind. Even if Carl Sagan himself is too recent to make it to the Throne, I imagine some ancient cynic/skeptic philosopher could have a similar NP based on that.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm making a Servant for a Crypter for my French Lostbelt. I made the Servant Victor Hugo for reasons. I want to give him an enhancement/construction type NP but I don't know what. Could I have some help?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuramasaMachII View Post
    I'm making a Servant for a Crypter for my French Lostbelt. I made the Servant Victor Hugo for reasons. I want to give him an enhancement/construction type NP but I don't know what. Could I have some help?
    Found this on his Wikipedia article, seems like something you could make an NP out of
    “Hugo produced more than 4,000 drawings. Originally pursued as a casual hobby, drawing became more important to Hugo shortly before his exile when he made the decision to stop writing to devote himself to politics. Drawing became his exclusive creative outlet between 1848 and 1851.

Hugo worked only on paper, and on a small scale; usually in dark brown or black pen-and-ink wash, sometimes with touches of white, and rarely with colour. The surviving drawings are surprisingly accomplished and "modern" in their style and execution, foreshadowing the experimental techniques of Surrealism and Abstract expressionism.

He would not hesitate to use his children's stencils, ink blots, puddles and stains, lace impressions, "pliage" or folding (e.g. Rorschach blots), "grattage" or rubbing, often using the charcoal from matchsticks or his fingers instead of pen or brush. Sometimes he would even toss in coffee or soot to get the effects he wanted. It is reported that Hugo often drew with his left hand or without looking at the page, or during Spiritist séances, to access his unconscious mind, a concept only later popularised by Sigmund Freud.

Hugo kept his artwork out of the public eye, fearing it would overshadow his literary work. However, he enjoyed sharing his drawings with his family and friends, often in the form of ornately handmade calling cards, many of which were given as gifts to visitors when he was in political exile. Some of his work was shown to, and appreciated by, contemporary artists such as van Gogh and Delacroix; the latter expressed the opinion that if Hugo had decided to become a painter instead of a writer, he would have outshone the artists of their century”

I think the unconscious mind bit in tandem with artistic creation could be used as a sort of subconscious type of territory creation: upon activation, the surrounding area will begin to warp based on subconscious desire, terrain and structures slowly changing in order to align with the grail wishes of those around him.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle MuramasaMachII's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Found this on his Wikipedia article, seems like something you could make an NP out of
    “Hugo produced more than 4,000 drawings. Originally pursued as a casual hobby, drawing became more important to Hugo shortly before his exile when he made the decision to stop writing to devote himself to politics. Drawing became his exclusive creative outlet between 1848 and 1851.

Hugo worked only on paper, and on a small scale; usually in dark brown or black pen-and-ink wash, sometimes with touches of white, and rarely with colour. The surviving drawings are surprisingly accomplished and "modern" in their style and execution, foreshadowing the experimental techniques of Surrealism and Abstract expressionism.

He would not hesitate to use his children's stencils, ink blots, puddles and stains, lace impressions, "pliage" or folding (e.g. Rorschach blots), "grattage" or rubbing, often using the charcoal from matchsticks or his fingers instead of pen or brush. Sometimes he would even toss in coffee or soot to get the effects he wanted. It is reported that Hugo often drew with his left hand or without looking at the page, or during Spiritist séances, to access his unconscious mind, a concept only later popularised by Sigmund Freud.

Hugo kept his artwork out of the public eye, fearing it would overshadow his literary work. However, he enjoyed sharing his drawings with his family and friends, often in the form of ornately handmade calling cards, many of which were given as gifts to visitors when he was in political exile. Some of his work was shown to, and appreciated by, contemporary artists such as van Gogh and Delacroix; the latter expressed the opinion that if Hugo had decided to become a painter instead of a writer, he would have outshone the artists of their century”

I think the unconscious mind bit in tandem with artistic creation could be used as a sort of subconscious type of territory creation: upon activation, the surrounding area will begin to warp based on subconscious desire, terrain and structures slowly changing in order to align with the grail wishes of those around him.
    He also did supposedly did love architecture, so I could maybe combine what you told me with that.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MuramasaMachII View Post
    He also did supposedly did love architecture, so I could maybe combine what you told me with that.
    I think that would only strengthen the concept, go for it

- - - Updated - - -

Also, a question: does anybody know of any evil entities known for taking control of castles/towers/buildings?

Blog Entries
    Have you heard of the Cao Dai religion? Because Victor Hugo is one of its Three Saints, along with Sun Yat-Sen and Nguyen Binh Khiem

Edit: Also, weird that BL has never had a Foreigner Amelia Earhart, given she's one of the first people you think of when it comes to unknown deaths (we do have a Foreigner Sant-Exupery though, also a pilot who 'died' similarly)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Some sort of super-jacked version of Information Erasure? A passive NP that automatically removes all method of verifying a piece of information? Morg's recent Gorgias comes to mind. Even if Carl Sagan himself is too recent to make it to the Throne, I imagine some ancient cynic/skeptic philosopher could have a similar NP based on that.
    I would rather it be literalized as a conceptual "mount" of some sort, but thanks, I'll consider that idea. And I think I will write up an uber-haxed Rider Sagan sheet just for fun.