Page 15 of 439 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    For Virgil the Aeneid could be a buffing NP based on how he basically propelled Aeneas from minor supporting character in the Trojan War to founder of all Rome. Could come off as a bit similar to Andersen's Marchen Meines Liebens though. Other than that there's a lot of mystical/occult legends about him you could work with.
    That could realy work thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Ah, Vergil. I've seen some standard Rider/Caster/Ruler versions of this guy, but for a more unorthodox interpretation, he could work as a Voyager, or maybe a Watcher guiding the Master through their own version of inferno, purgatorio, and paradiso.
    CAster is clear but an Rider version hmm ,but based on his Aeneas Voyager or Watcher may be a good option.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Realized that as the deadline is tomorrow and no sudden bursts of inspiration have hit me, I might as well dump out the list of ideas I had for this month's contest and see if anyone else can make anything of them.

IN THE CATEGORY COULDN'T FIND ENOUGH ABOUT THEIR LIFE TO INTEREST ME:
    Yan Zhenqing - Chinese caligrapher whose style, Yan, is still imitated. Caligraphy is pretty sweet, but I did Li Bai recently who was also a Tang Dynasty poet, and anyway I kinda wanted a little more than just the art, you know?
    Pāṇini/ पाणिनि - Sanskrit philologist and grammarian. Often considered the first linguist, or even the father of linguistics. Not much known about his life, and while his work is extremely important, I felt grammar was a little too much of a stretch to count as art.

IN THE CATEGORY FELT LIKE I COULDN'T GET INSPIRED SOMEHOW:
    Koetsu - found while I was trying to find someone who did pottery stuff. Founded the Rinpa school of painting and used to be a sword polisher for the rulers of Japan at the time. Focus would be mostly on the differences between polishing and wielding swords, philosophically speaking.
    Muso Soseki - Japanese Buddhist monk and garden designer. Designed a bunch of Zen gardens, which was going to be the focus of his sheet. Actually looked up some stuff here wrt zen gardens, but felt that "gardened zenly I guess" might not make for the most interesting personality. One idea I had was that Zen gardens are reflections of the Buddha's Pure Lands and therefore he'd be a Caster who given enough time and the right materials could summon Buddha into the world by sheer force of gardening.
    George Washington Carver - the "Black Leonardo", African American botanist, scientist, and painter. Just couldn't really give a twist on this and the inspiration never struck me.
    Hata no Kawakatsu / Izumi no Okuni - Kabuki performer. Realized I wouldn't be able to do a take on her which was sufficiently different from the other versions that had already been posted in previous threads.
    Cyrus the Great - greatest of the Persian Achaemenids. Loved gardens - which, again, are art - and so the idea was to have him view kingship much like gardening. Why'd he relocate the Jews back to Israel, which led him to being the only gentile ever to be called a Messiah? "Plants need the right soil to grow", or something like that. NP would be a play on his title as "King of the Four Corners of the World" by making his garden - Pasargadae - his world, over which he rules.

IN THE CATEGORY DIDN'T MAKE IT FOR OTHER REASONS:
    Frida Kahlo - Mexican artist, who made a lot of self-portraits. Idea was to have her summoned without a "real form" so that she could paint herself into new shapes, sizes, and forms. The question, is she really Kahlo anymore? Fell into the same category as a few others where I realized I can't just always make someone who's not really the person they're saying they are and are instead reflections of those people. Examples are my Marcus Aurelius and Echo. Most of those haven't actually been published, mind, like the forever-unfinished Kublai Khan I've got laying around somewhere who's Samuel Taylor Coleridge dreaming, or (in a rather wackier idea) gay erotica artist Tom of Finland having the time of his life being summoned as a muscular hunk with his dick & ass hanging out constantly.
    Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges - the "Black Mozart", as able with a rapier as he was with a violin. Man lived a really interesting life, but in the end I realized I didn't know enough about playing the violin or fencing to pretend one was in any way shape or form similar to the other and I wanted to put my best foot forward in this contest.
    Bhima - Same as above except somehow I'd need to equate cooking with fighting asuras barehanded. No clue where to even start that.
    Kukai - Japanese Buddhist monk, calligrapher, poet, and founder of the Shingon school of Buddhism. Supposedly invented kana. I'm really not into Buddhism, frankly, so that's a hit against me doing him.
    Victor Hugo - French writer. Just kinda didn't feel like watching Les Miserables? That and him being an insanely horny old man felt kinda like if I'd written him I'd have needed to make him like a Master Roshi character and that'd just make me uncomfortable.
    Paul Jackson Pollock - American action painter. Focus was going to be (a) action painting being as much a dance as it is making permanent art and (b) people thinking he just randomly splattered paint on a canvas. The first wasn't a problem, the second would be to write it in a way that didn't make me sound elitist for shitting on people who "didn't get it".
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Damn you really meant it when you said the problem is deciding. Interesting array of potential candidates. I like the Frida idea, i dont like her art tho.
    And pollock would be funny because he is in that grey area between inventive artist and damn scammer. I would probably play him as the elitist art douche with a false appreciation of beauty skill, making him the worst guy to identify artists
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Confucius and David are both associated with music.

David was a talented harp player who exorcised an evil spirit from king Saul and possess a personal skill related to playing the harp. My idea is that he can effectively borrow the harp that the angels are commonly depicted to be playing while acting as grand archer David-hayk. This harp has the effect of instantly killing evil spirits and demons and wounding evil gods in proximity of it being played.

“Confucius heavily promoted the use of music with rituals or the rites order. The scholar Li Zehou argued that Confucianism is based on the idea of rites. Rites serve as the starting point for each individual and that these sacred social functions allow each person's human nature to be harmonious with reality. Given this, Confucius believed that "music is the harmonization of heaven and earth; the rites is the order of heaven and earth." Thus the application of music in rites creates the order that makes it possible for society to prosper”

Confucius himself was said to be a master of music and ritual.

My idea is that Confucius essentially possesses high speed divine song. This song allows Confucius to cast powerful spells and blessings upon others through the playing of song. Berserkers are calmed by this song. Avengers have their hatred disappear while this song plays.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; October 23rd, 2021 at 09:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Look, my dude, just write the thing and post it in the CaS thread. There's no easier way to see if your Servant idea works or not.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Look, my dude, just write the thing and post it in the CaS thread. There's no easier way to see if your Servant idea works or not.
    I tried already, there is no helping. NINE does what NINE does at this point

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’m just resorting to posting whatever interesting ideas come to my brain here and hoping that someone takes inspiration.

Blog Entries
    gets tedious to read over time tho
    especially since you make several posts about those ideas for one servant
    at least gather them before posting
    or make a blog and ramble about your ideas there. everytime you have a new idea you edit the blog tho, not make a new one
    saying that just in case

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is rather specific, but does anyone know a pair of ghostly twins or siblings that fit the Halloween theme? Preferably men. Failing that, maybe they could just be friends or something like that. Basically a ghost story/urban legend of two men who possibly died together and manifested as ghosts together.

Edit:
    Come to think of it, a ghostly couple of a man and woman who appeared together could also work. In fact, it would be even more hilarious for the idea I have in mind.

Edit 2:
    Apparently I found the Princes in the Tower (Edward V and Richard of Shrewsbury), but they're a bit too young for my plans. Basically, I'm writing two dudes who are famous for... something, and in true Halloween fashion, they decided to masquerade as two other dudes (preferably someone with Halloween vibes). They're not above crossdressing to get what they want though, so if they must masquerade as some tragic ghostly couple to accomplish their goals, they're fully willing to do it.
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 27th, 2021 at 12:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    thats a good questions. over the months I followed so many twitter artists with great art for several people, that I wanted to do a Duo summon again. Thats how my Pallanides came to be after all.
    Sadly I do not know any myself.
    But for ultimate shitpostery I lowkey suggest the two girls in the hallway from The Shining
    Else I bet there are some Japanese Urban Legend floating around.
    Like that yokai that hides in bathroom stalls, hanako-san was it? perhaps them with a victim can work? Or the murderer of hanako

Or perhaps some spirits that collect the dead. Thanatos and Morpheus as disguises perhaps?
    Sorry cant provide more rn, I edit if i get more ideas

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Two Scottish dudebros crossdressing to imitate the twins while doing a very terrible Japanese accent sounds absurd. Maybe they present themselves as the Nursery Rhyme of 80s slasher horror, combined with some Japanese phantom spirit, only for them to get the wrong idea and adopt every corny horror movie attributes simultaneously. Finding a faceclaim for that will be wack, though.

Sounds absurd even for me, but I'm not completely opposed to it. Still open to other ideas, though.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It’s not exactly what you were looking for, but whilst trying to think of an answer to your request I ended up thinking about how funny it would to do the dynamic duo of John Dee and Edward Kelly as a pair of bumbling medieval ghost hunters.

Kelly: “Zoinks, Dee. I think we found a real ghost this time.”
    Dee: “We must do more research!”

I dunno why I threw in Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures in there as well.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Holy crap, that is funny. I'll keep the ghost hunting duo in mind if no one else is going to do them, but as to my previous question, after some consideration, I think the whole Pretender craze lately has really been getting to me. Rather than forcing a "disguise" that may not even work, maybe I'll go back to basics and take a more vanilla approach for them...
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 27th, 2021 at 06:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    also the thing is the surprise factor is a bit gone now that you asked for it
    also if you make another Pretender, you get the Pretender Crown, I have to stop you in your tracks
    on the other hand, it is halloween and joke servants that play pretend just fits with the class anyways. You can even play with it and make it so god damn obvious for all to see and they still try convince us
    stuff like that

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    My idea for saber Heracles is that he possess an absolute authority to slay monsters similar to primate murders absolute authority to kill humans. My basic idea is that heracles is essentially the archetypal monster hunter who subdued all the children of typhon and The world essentially granted him the authority to subdue and slaughter non-human entities. This makes massacring non-human entities like fairies, dragons and other creatures of Gaia as easy as breathing to him. Only a monster on the level of Tiamat or surtr or typhon can stand a chance again Heracles.

Blog Entries
    Kind of weird that the authority you described is relegated to Orion in TM canon instead

- - - Updated - - -

speaking of Heracles. There's this Watcher Heracles idea I had for the longest time. Basically, it's not really Heracles himself, but the concept of the Pillars of Hercules in Servant form. His main kit would be forcing the poor Master that expects an ez win to an extreme obstacles requiring them to break their limits, surpassing the Non Plus Ultra and become pseudo-Servant Heracles themselves. Maybe also combine it with the version of the Pillars which he built for Atlas for extra surveillance ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno any fitting FC for it though, so it's in perma backlog

Blog Entries
    Sounds cool
    With pinetrees recent Gatekeeper I wonder if they shouldnt be a gatekeeper instead. Extra fitting that the pillars are actually the gate of the street of gibraltar

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Good point there, but as principle, I avoid making a servant in Class with no released example yet. Maybe it will also work as Voyager considering to Spain it's a symbol of them discovering Americas.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated, but I actually don't mind NINE frequently posting his eternally unrealized ideas as long it's here lol. Isn't that why this thread is made in the first place?

Blog Entries
    Well with zeami i think gatekeeper is the actual class for leviathan, at heart at least, but it has the function of the watcher. Do as you think, but even if it ends up wrong, who cares? Youre in good company

True, it is just the fashion he does. With every thought on the same servant a separate post, it clutters the thread and other ideas are swept away in previous pages. Just updating your ideas with new thoughts would be better.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Something that occurred to me, which is both dumb AND canon compliant:

* Michelangelo, and other Renaissance Men not named Leonardo da Vinci, aren't enshrined as Heroic Spirits for a number of reasons.
    * As the Shinjuku Sub-Singularity demonstrates, Saint Graphs too weak to function as Servants can be bolstered with fictional wraiths (i.e. using concepts) to the point that you can form something stable enough to function as a Servant.

Thus, by means of having high compatability together, by virtue of strong memetic association by the masses, you can bolster Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni's, Donato di Niccolò di Betto Bardi's, and Raphael Sanzio da Urbino's Saint Graphs to the point of Servanthood using

the fictions/concepts/wraithforms of the Ninja Turtles that're named after them.

Thus, you'll either end up with Renaissance artist Servants that - at least - know ninjutsu, in addition to whatever other NP-apropos elements they possess.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.