Page 13 of 439 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Excuse me if this sounds mean but what the fuck does this have to do with this thread.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's one F for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    One Question everyone if you would hold a Grailwar withhin europe and the neighbour areas which country would you chose strategically ?

i mean in terms of servant advantages as in apocrypha we saw how strong the place has an influence despite that the catalysts for top servants can for Mages rather easily be purchased o provided through powerfull organisations like how are these countries as start \/

Germany (rather in the south of the land)

Turkey

Italy

Finland

Hungary

and outside of europe which place for a grailwar would you like to see as that has great influence on the participating Mages ,Masters and naturaly the choice of Servants ?

i am about your thoughts already curiuos .
    Pretty sure there's something like a create-your-own-HGW thread or something like that in this forum.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    That's one F for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure there's something like a create-your-own-HGW thread or something like that in this forum.
    i meant with that ccountries which servants you would suggest as examples foor Grailwars in that countries .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    ...jk, unless...
    Look at you being all sneaky giving us all ideas.

Also usually I'm chill with iddle chatting but lately is getting so out of hand. Please, please for the love of god use the search engine of this forum, I swear it doesn't bite anyone.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    i meant with that ccountries which servants you would suggest as examples foor Grailwars in that countries .
    Yeah, still pretty sure that a question about HGWs is better asked in a thread about HGWs than one about fanservant ideas.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, still pretty sure that a question about HGWs is better asked in a thread about HGWs than one about fanservant ideas.
    i know but this thread and the create a servant htread have more traffic .

Blog Entries
    Less likely to get a relevant response too despite the traffic, since most people who do​ visit here are more interested in talking about the theme of the thread, that is, fanservants. If you're looking for a serious answer, posting in a thread with less traffic, but with people who are more eager to talk about your topic there might be more helpful.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:37 PM. Reason: I'm Sorry

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:37 PM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    My idea is that heracles essentially has EX strength and endurance in the sense of him growing stronger and stronger the more he is protecting something with him growing immeasurably strong when he is fighting for the world or someone who will save the world. Another idea for heracles is that he wandered to India after finishing his labours/becoming a god and went on to become the guardian of the Buddha due to his desire to guide humanity to salvation.

I wonder what personality you are going to give Heracles. My idea is “himbo with a heart of gold”. He understands and believes in the potential of mankind and wants to actualize that potential but he is also a massive party animal based on his frequent romantic exploits and tendency to binge drink.

I recommend using arataki itto from genshin impact as the faceclaim given both use clubs and are massive.

An idea I just got for grand berserker surtr is that his flames and sword have an conceptual effect of first destroying the land and decimating the population but then causing the population and land to regrow far more prosperous than before based on the concept of “destroying the old world to make way for the new”.

Another idea I just got for grand archer david-hayk is that his body got changed by god when he was anointed by Samuel similar to Cyrus. Where Cyrus got given a radiance of heaven which is more oriented towards charisma. David got modified to have a perfected body made in the visage of god and/or the angels and essentially got turned into a recreation of Adam from the garden of eden.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; October 18th, 2021 at 06:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hm that remember nds me i have read on a very early i think it was greek writher who made two significant changes or set standarts which set that there were the known twelve laibours as before that the number varied and that he set the image of Herakles as Lion pelt wearing club bearer as before he was depicted or described as wearing a sort of archaic armor .

And i remember that Herodot once said that Herakless lived thousand years before his time.

But i must admit there are countless of lost stories respectively whole mythologies lost like i told read once that there were a Germanic version of Castor and Pollux on the area of today east germany .

Like fortune about which perhaps obscure mythologic figure would you like to get to know more as we today know the most ?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Also as an additional note I had a idea and I'm going to throw it out there for anyone interested. I read a bunch of fanfiction and one fanfiction I've noticed (but haven't actually bothered reading [possibly some other time] was one called "Forged Fate: A Tale of True Faker" basically about someone who wrote up a fake legend about themselves being super awesome and after 10000 years it gets unearthed and they're summoned into the 4th HGW. This also reminded me of someone (I forget who) bringing up the idea of Ea-Nasir as a servant, and intersected with the other concept and the idea of forgeries or counterfeits.

So what if Ea-Nasir (or any famous counterfeiter or liar) had the ability to tell lies that so long as the world believed them or didn't unravel them were true, basically the idea is have a really weak servant with the ability to bend reality so that "so long as nobody discovers the truth then the lie is upheld as a "truth" " thus basically letting themselves give themselves ridiculous powers and abilities as a result. I would personally imagine them as a Faker / Pretender class servant, but could also see someone taking a route of them being a foreigner class servant (due to an outer god giving them the ability to turn lies into truths or swaps lies and truths) or a caster class working here as well.
    That story and concept sounds interesting. Reminds me of Akira's Sophist power from Battle Game In 5 Seconds. Give yourself any power the opponent believes you have. Would need a bunch of limitations to keep from being (too) OP though. Pretty sure I have entertained the idea before of a hero purposefully fabricating their own legend to get included on the Throne (though I think mine was more like an evil king rewriting legend so the World remembers them as a legendary hero rather than a total nobody).

Also your commentary on Heracles were interesting but a lot not really relevant as far as I'm concerned? If you're going back as far as Neolithic culture it'd really have very little in common with what we now identify as the Heracles figure. Generally as far as Heroic Spirits are concerned it's not the "original" legend that matters (in fact I don't really think that term makes sense) but the image they established in popular culture, and in Heracles' case that's clearly Greek and as you say heavily associated with the bow.

Compare King Arthur who had a base in earlier Celtic legends but is most known as an embodiment of medieval chivalry and that conception is what shapes "his" manifestation as a Servant. It's interesting there's structural similarities to an older mythic tradition but that wouldn't really be what we call Heracles anymore than Heracles is the same person as Odysseus when there's some parallels between them. Or in Nasuverse terms (I'm aware in RL mythology there were probably older legends that just went unrecorded and were passed down to others since amongst other things Gilgamesh never has a dragon-slaying feat in his epic despite that being a widespread mythic archetype), Gilgamesh is the origin of every hero's legend but he's clearly not the same guy as Herc or Karna.

The part about Heracles not actually using the bow all that much even in the legends prototypically associated with him is fair enough however (though the Nasuverse clearly uses a version where he did use it against the Hydra), so I don't think it was necessary to justify it with that deeper myth-delving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That story and concept sounds interesting. Reminds me of Akira's Sophist power from Battle Game In 5 Seconds. Give yourself any power the opponent believes you have. Would need a bunch of limitations to keep from being (too) OP though. Pretty sure I have entertained the idea before of a hero purposefully fabricating their own legend to get included on the Throne (though I think mine was more like an evil king rewriting legend so the World remembers them as a legendary hero rather than a total nobody).

Also your commentary on Heracles were interesting but a lot not really relevant as far as I'm concerned? If you're going back as far as Neolithic culture it'd really have very little in common with what we now identify as the Heracles figure. Generally as far as Heroic Spirits are concerned it's not the "original" legend that matters (in fact I don't really think that term makes sense) but the image they established in popular culture, and in Heracles' case that's clearly Greek and as you say heavily associated with the bow. Compare King Arthur who had a base in earlier Celtic legends but is most known as an embodiment of medieval chivalry and that conception is what shapes "his" manifestation as a Servant. The part about Heracles not actually using the bow all that much even in the legends prototypically associated with him is fair enough however (though the Nasuverse clearly uses a version where he did use it against the Hydra), so I don't think it was necessary to justify it with that deeper myth-delving.
    Now were you say it that reminds me on what Julian Ainsworth is making with those Steles as it said he wants to create his own Legend with Miyu as means .

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i agree with Royd on the aspect of diving too deep into origins not being helpful most of the times.
    Else most stuff comes back to being "Everything is Gilgamesh" or some other archetypical figure of history and it becomes stale. Like Indo-European mythology being precursor to basically, well the old world from india to europe, doesnt mean we have to incorporate that into every nook and cranny. Or what if King Arthur had his roots in some old forgotten story from wales or other dead group of people. Forgotten, not present in worship, unnecessary.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    i agree with Royd on the aspect of diving too deep into origins not being helpful most of the times.
    Else most stuff comes back to being "Everything is Gilgamesh" or some other archetypical figure of history and it becomes stale. Like Indo-European mythology being precursor to basically, well the old world from india to europe, doesnt mean we have to incorporate that into every nook and cranny. Or what if King Arthur had his roots in some old forgotten story from wales or other dead group of people. Forgotten, not present in worship, unnecessary.
    but some parts are still intriguing to dive into as have you not some points were you think "come on just a bit more ifno about that person or that legend " as example were youwould be interested to hear more as we currently have ?
    Last edited by Kabalisto Koga; October 18th, 2021 at 07:08 PM.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    there is a difference between character, their background and the conceptual background.
    Somewhere one needs to draw the line.
    Its like making a Harry Potter Servant and granting him skills which represent the ability to make a poor woman on a train into a multimillionaire with questionable tweets. She for sure in part inserted herself into it, but it also disregards personal creativity to just "yep thats just Gilgamesh/Teshub/Wodan/blablabla reskinned". There are certain archetypical themes in the history of humanity and just following these themes back to the first known degrades all other legends.
    At least that is how I try to describe my opinion about this stuff.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    there is a difference between character, their background and the conceptual background.
    Somewhere one needs to draw the line.
    Its like making a Harry Potter Servant and granting him skills which represent the ability to make a poor woman on a train into a multimillionaire with questionable tweets. She for sure in part inserted herself into it, but it also disregards personal creativity to just "yep thats just Gilgamesh/Teshub/Wodan/blablabla reskinned". There are certain archetypical themes in the history of humanity and just following these themes back to the first known degrades all other legends.
    At least that is how I try to describe my opinion about this stuff.
    i understand what you mean but there are some mythologies and legends i want to know if it would be possible like the full Canaanitic mythology the full poem on Heimdallr are just two examples under many .

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Grand caster aristotle ideas: Clairvoyance allows him to witness and understand the potential of all things and how to actualize that potential.

Item construction based on the four causes (material, formal, efficient, efficient, final) that allows him to recreate the process of mystic code creation over time. Territory creation based on his founding of peripatetic school in the Lyceum allowing him to create a temple from which to spread knowledge.

Reality warping noble phantasm based on his theory of hylomorphism and form that allows him to create something by combining matter and form. Essentially creating images upon reality and making them real by granting them matter and form. A drawback is that needs to understand the true nature of what he trying to recreate perfectly making it nearly impossible to recreate human beings and he needs to focus to recreate something. Essentially illusion and projection magecraft combined and taken to the next level.
    Last edited by NINE-lives; October 19th, 2021 at 02:18 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder what would be a fitting NP for Caster Epicurus? I figured something to do with his atomism or how his theories served as precursors to modern science in some respects, but could never flesh out the details.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I wonder what would be a fitting NP for Caster Epicurus? I figured something to do with his atomism or how his theories served as precursors to modern science in some respects, but could never flesh out the details.
    Hm Epikur is a difficult one ,i would say his famous Garden at first and then on that resolve around the epicuristic philosophy on the just experience able things . If you want or not could you give him also innocent monster due to the accusations of hedonism ?

Aside that would Discernment of poor also fitt as skill.