Page 285 of 439 FirstFirst ... 185235275280283284285286287290295335385 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 8763

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spelror View Post
    to be fair if this was a soccer match Nine would be the commentator. Always there but never in the action.

and I will be the angry Brit yelling I can do better than anyone because overconfidence when doing things I've never tried before is a great flaw of mine.
    Except he's not nearly as exciting as a Soccer commentator.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    i don't watch football so I wouldn't know.

Blog Entries
    Idea: Gatekeeper Class Oswald. He represents the Gatekeeper class as the lone archer who took down the President, the one who meant so little to everyone but in the end changed everything. He is a Conspiracy, just a killer, and everything in between. Does that fit Gatekeeper?

- - - Updated - - -

My idea is that his skills and phantasm constantly contradict themselves as to what they do, offering like 4 different explanations of the theory before going: "It doesn't matter, its just a gun." Like his phantasm can either be:

A bullet that carries the power of death in it and acts as the destroyer of kings. Bullshit, Oswald never acted alone.
    An assassination carried out by government agents, the CIA or the FBI. One of those acronym wearing agencies showing their 1984-ish control of the world. It never was the CIA. It wasn't Castro either
    A profound wrongness in the area that shatters known preconceptions on the world. How could someone that small and insignificant kill Kennedy? Because of the conspiracy.
    This phantasm is a conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy that breaks reality and accounts for all plans the conspiracy watches you it knows you oswald was just a pawn. All this theorizing is getting too much for me. Its useless to think about who killed Kennedy. All you know is the gun. It's in your hands. SHOOT

- - - Updated - - -

Something like this

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gl4re View Post
    Well, I have no problem with reading other people's ideas, so you might as well just share it. I feel like it's strange to direct this at me on a public board though, lol
    OK i hope you find it interesting.

I had a line of Indrajit as Grand Assassin (my idea being that simply being a killer or strong isn't enough one needs a special kind of connection with death) using the idea of him having access to the powers of the Trimūrti and heightened perspective associated with being a demon (a higher class of being that the of a human) to understand the nature of the Trimūrti as the 3 aspects created by Brahman the ultimate truth of the universe and basically the force which fuels all gods [and within my head canon is a pathway to the root in it's own right]. One connected to Brahman who understands Brahman basically gains the power of Brahman, essentially making them a god in that respect, in my head canon this is how Buddha escaped the cycle of reincarnation.

While Lore-wise I'm going with the idea that Indrajit never used Trimūrti-astra (the name he gave to the hypothetical technique of using the power of Brahman by combining the 3 ultimate Astras together as an offensive weapon) partly because he felt it morally wrong to use it as a weapon, partly because he feared reprisal for doing such from the Trimūrti and partly because it sacred him (to give an idea of what this could do, hypothetically take Hanuman the strongest warrior in the war between Rama and Ravana, if this were used on him, 1 hit would be enough that it would cause his soul to basically try to escape this mortal coil and then transcend the physical universe, forcefully pulling him from the cycle of reincarnation by bestowing upon him the ultimate truth [Hanuman could try to resist this, but it would basically take all his might to do so, to the degree that basically a single good hit after that would distinct him and then cause his soul to escape his metaphorical grasp]) just how strong it was. As a grand I imagine similar to how King Hassan bestowed the concept of death on Tiamat it could "place or removing things from cycle of reincarnation" thus allowing beings like Tiamat to be killed, and things which should be invisible to be destroyed (or even straight up removing things from existence)

Basically Mary the Prophetess / Mary the Jewess and Hermes Trismegistus took in six students {{Agathodaemon, Zosimos of Panopolis, Bolus of Mendes, Komarios who called himself Moses, Chymes who referred to themselves as Cleopatra, and the Ostanes family}} who would become the Six sages of Atlas. Mary would end up having a falling out with Hermes and her students due to a disagreement on how to perserve the human order (how to "hold back the heavens", thus the name Atlas, they akin to Atlas would hold back the heavens from descending upon the earth). This disagreement would lead to her leaving them, but out of gratitude for her teaching they give three gifts to her listed below.

The first was that she would be allowed to take and continue her research and all materials related, however this would be considered and performed separately from the Six Sages and Hermes as well as the organization they were building.
    The second was that the Six Sages out of respect for Mary’s teachings would maintain research into the potential of the three human factors, body, mind, and soul although this would be secondary to their research into predicting the threats to the world and countering them.
    The Thirs was that Mary would be given 7 contracts bound to the magic circuits, and by proxy the future crests of owners which would on demand allow her access to a request from Atlas so long as it met a basic rule that it would not endanger or threaten humanity. Thes would later become known as the Seven Atlas contracts.

Regarding the schism. Hermes Trismegistus belevied in calculation, the usage of thinking and determination to find threats and using means currently existing within the world (the counter force, magecraft, mystic codes, etc.) combating or preventing these threats from causing harm. However, Mary the Prophetess saw the matter differently, she sought evolution as the way to protect mankind. She (who I retcon into being the first creator of the Philospher's stone among the other things she is creddited with) wished to save mankind not by find threats and making tools or relying on the wolrd to stop them, but outstripping any foe they would face. She inhernetly saw humans as incomplete, divided unessisarily into separate parts, male and female; water, wind, fire, and earth; the body, the mind, and the soul; She saw modern humans as the flawed Children of Adam Ha-Rishon, she wished to save them by finding a way to evolve into the sucessors to Adam Kadmon, the perfect ideal human. The Philsopher's stone was part of this, the stone is known for both allowing transfiguration disregarding the rules associated with such, storing immesne amounts of magical energy, and granting limited immortality.

These properties are not a coincidence, nor is the fact that anyone who can make a Philosopher stone carefully watched and considered a sealing candidate. The Philosopher's stone was designed for human transfiguration, using human transfiguration as a means of artificially induced evolution. Creating a new age of the gods with humans rising to replace and surpass the gods themselves. This in Pan-human history failed drastically, as her research in Heracleion (involving subjects from the cities of Abdera, Taranto, and many others of the Heracleidae) revolving around human transfiguration and apotheosis was deemed a threat to humanity. Alaya did not deem the beings that would result from this process as "human" as they lacked emotion, were biologically immortal (they couldn't die of age), and lacked human traits. In retaliation it sent in the counter guardians and the resultant clash between them and Mary sank the entire city (which may have been Alaya's wish).

Ever since then human transfiguration has been if not taboo, then highly regulated not just in Atlas, but also worldwide (in the Magus association, with Chinese alchemists, etc.). That's why reasrech into vampires/dead apostles is banned, nobody wants a repeat of Heracleion as they fear that could end with a whole organization on the chopping block and not just one city. That's also why Atlas has the rule not to allow their weapons outside, and want those contracts back, they fear that they themselves could be a danger to humanity in trying to help them just like Mary was. But that's just my take on things {which as you may teel took inspirtaion from Fullmetal Alchemist }

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    Idea: Gatekeeper Class Oswald. He represents the Gatekeeper class as the lone archer who took down the President, the one who meant so little to everyone but in the end changed everything. He is a Conspiracy, just a killer, and everything in between. Does that fit Gatekeeper?

- - - Updated - - -

My idea is that his skills and phantasm constantly contradict themselves as to what they do, offering like 4 different explanations of the theory before going: "It doesn't matter, its just a gun." Like his phantasm can either be:

A bullet that carries the power of death in it and acts as the destroyer of kings. Bullshit, Oswald never acted alone.
    An assassination carried out by government agents, the CIA or the FBI. One of those acronym wearing agencies showing their 1984-ish control of the world. It never was the CIA. It wasn't Castro either
    A profound wrongness in the area that shatters known preconceptions on the world. How could someone that small and insignificant kill Kennedy? Because of the conspiracy.
    This phantasm is a conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy that breaks reality and accounts for all plans the conspiracy watches you it knows you oswald was just a pawn. All this theorizing is getting too much for me. Its useless to think about who killed Kennedy. All you know is the gun. It's in your hands. SHOOT

- - - Updated - - -

Something like this
    Where's your Secret Santa sheet, you knave :P

The fact that the nature of what he is is uncertain doesn't impy a particular class imo, if that's what you're asking. In general, it might be an indicator of him being a wraith rather than a proper heroic spirit. Also, a noble phantasm which boils down to 'just a regular gun, with a bunch of possible explanations to it that don't impact what it does at all' doesn't seem too interesting in practice, when you think it'd play out in a grail war or whatnot. He's also very recent and very tied to cold war politics, which means it may be hard to make a respectful sheet for him - I personally wouldn't try to make a sheet for him at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Where's your Secret Santa sheet, you knave :P

The fact that the nature of what he is is uncertain doesn't impy a particular class imo, if that's what you're asking. In general, it might be an indicator of him being a wraith rather than a proper heroic spirit. Also, a noble phantasm which boils down to 'just a regular gun, with a bunch of possible explanations to it that don't impact what it does at all' doesn't seem too interesting in practice, when you think it'd play out in a grail war or whatnot. He's also very recent and very tied to cold war politics, which means it may be hard to make a respectful sheet for him - I personally wouldn't try to make a sheet for him at all.
    I got sick, many apologies. And my idea is that the phantasm is all of those things simultaneously, depending on your perspective, but in the end it doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    I got sick, many apologies. And my idea is that the phantasm is all of those things simultaneously, depending on your perspective, but in the end it doesn't matter.
    Yeah, that happens, glad you're feeling better

As for the NP... Yeah, what I mean is, respectfulness issues aside, if at the end of the day the NP boils down to just a gun that behaves like a regular gun, imo it's still going to come off as underwhelming no matter which explanation is behind it, y'know? Afaik there's no heroic spirit whose NP is 'just a regular sword that does nothing special' or 'just a regular lance that does nothing special' but with a fancy explanation behind it. I think there's a reason for that, y'know?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but here's a thing. The gun behaves like a gun, but the people it shoots have to act like people too. This is essentially a perfect, inevitable murder. Plus, a skill of Oswald's could be the creation of conspiracies and mistrust. This could maybe be Alter Ego Oswald.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The gun behaves like a gun, but the people it shoots have to act like people too.
    And those who get killed usually die, as a wise man once said.

Blog Entries
    Yes, Oswald can help people die when they are killed.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Regarding classes for a general case
    NMR-3 did a Gatekeeper version that let the reader decide who Aleister Crowley really is, playing into the various interpretations one might have about him. This case might be working.
    Else, all the possible things he could be might be a case for Stranger, but i am unsure myself if that is a case for the class. Might ask Random himself
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    NMR-3 did a Gatekeeper version that let the reader decide who Aleister Crowley really is, playing into the various interpretations one might have about him. This case might be working.
    Else, all the possible things he could be might be a case for Stranger, but i am unsure myself if that is a case for the class. Might ask Random himself
    Can I have a link to that sheet?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    hold on I remember seeing that sheet somewhere.

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post3149863

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I could do the same thing for Oswald maybe!

Blog Entries
    Nine, it seems like you've put a lot of thought into these ideas. Personally I don't believe this is the direction I'd take either of these characters, but I don't quite understand why you wouldn't take a shot at it yourself...? Like I said, it seems like you know what you're interested in and what you want to see. In the first place, it's better to write for yourself anyways, right?
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Okay fine.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    don't tell me he's going to do it, i'm going to quiver in my chair in undiluted excitement.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    No i won't.

Blog Entries
    That's a shame. You clearly have your own thoughts and ideas. Even if it's anything at all, I think it's generally good to flex your creativity
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

Blog Entries
    Just wondering, but besides all the Fairy Knights from LB6, has anybody created Lostbelt Servants originating from canon Lostbelts?