Page 263 of 440 FirstFirst ... 163213253258261262263264265268273313363 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    Thank you!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamerless View Post
    Thank you!
    Np

Blog Entries
    My idea for him is that Tru'nembra fixed his tuberculosis, but he has a phantasm that gives him massive disease in exchange for one last musical event in which he makes some really powerful anti-world music. It essentially turns him into a flawed vessel for music never meant to be played. Probably a suicide phantasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Does that sound cool?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Pretty standard Foreigner fare, but can be cool if you do apropriate link with his life and his work's themes. But if it's just going to give him another disease that's going to kill him when he unleash his NP, I'd say he could keep his tuberculosis. From what I see, Tru'nembra is associated with sound, not disease anyway.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 6th, 2022 at 06:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Its the musical elder god.

That's what I meant, it unleashing a world-wrecking music fits, but not the removing a disease to give him another one part. Thanks for introducing a part of the Mythos I didn't know, by the way.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 6th, 2022 at 06:43 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Also, secret Santa will be in January this year instead I believe.
    It was in January last time too. It'll probably be posted on Christmas and then the exchange happens in January.

I'm sure kamera will talk to us about it after the world cup is done lol

Blog Entries
    A foreigner and a musician in one sheet?
    I'll be watching you with great interest
    Your idea reminds me of RoydGolden's Scriabin, one of my all-time Foreigner favorites.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    good luck on your first sheet Dreamerless! I recommend taking a look at Del's formatting guide if you haven't. It might help.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    A foreigner and a musician in one sheet?
    I'll be watching you with great interest
    Your idea reminds me of RoydGolden's Scriabin, one of my all-time Foreigner favorites.
    Can I have a link to that sheet? To see how he did it? Also, if I give him both high Weak Constitution AND the bad stats a Musician would have, wouldn't he be basically dead the second he tried to do anything?

Blog Entries
    It wouldn't be THAT bad, but it would solidly mark him as a noncombatant by default.
    It's winter in Sapporo. And as the weather stirs, so too does a new Holy Grail War.

Fate/UpRise
    Character Compendium
    Story - Ch. 3

Blog Entries
    I guess he'd have weak constitution. I also had the world's worst idea. An assassin who is a conceptual demon representing the empty set.

- - - Updated - - -

Terrible

- - - Updated - - -

But Chopin is cool. I've got his skills down I think.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here.
    And don't stress yourself too much over parameters. Be reasonable, yeah (a musician probably wouldn't be very strong when it comes to combat), but there are still workarounds. For example, I could give a musician a high-ranking Endurance for conducting a 12-hour orchestra. Point is, don't be afraid to be a little more flexible with the parameters. It's usually not the main point of the sheet anyways.

And Weak Constitution only gives a chance of a sudden status drop, so while it would be devastating when it does proc, it's usually not that debilitating under normal circumstances.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Here.
    And don't stress yourself too much over parameters. Be reasonable, yeah (a musician probably wouldn't be very strong when it comes to combat), but there are still workarounds. For example, I could give a musician a high-ranking Endurance for conducting a 12-hour orchestra. Point is, don't be afraid to be a little more flexible with the parameters. It's usually not the main point of the sheet anyways.

And Weak Constitution only gives a chance of a sudden status drop, so while it would be devastating when it does proc, it's usually not that debilitating under normal circumstances.
    I was never planning him to be a combatant, but I guess weak constitution isn't as debilitating as I thought it would be. I was planning on giving him a skill called "Solid Sound" that let him manifest solid sound to attack people, basing it off of the fact that Tru'nembra is made of visual sound, so solid sound isn't too big of a stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be his main offensive skill.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a draft for his phantasm:

Marsz Pogrzebowy; I give my life to music
    Type: Anti-Self (World)

Tru'nembra does not need an instrument, instead being an instrument. For a short period of time, it can grant this power to Chopin and he will play a song of destruction. During this time, haunting music will play, causing massive spatial distortions in the area and hallucinations in all who hear it. Should it spread far enough, this phantasm could destroy the world. However, Chopin himself is not wholly immune to these effects due to not being an elder god. Using this phantasm does severe damage to his body and if he does not get immediate medical attention, he will likely die after using it.

- - - Updated - - -

How is this?

Hmm, I feel like you could give it more of a link with Chopin's work or life. As it is, the description is just focused on the Elder God. And yeah, don't worry about things like the Servant being weak.

Blog Entries
    The name translate to "Funeral March", a work of Chopin's. I guess there's a connection there. Maybe something about how he continued to compose even if great illness?

That, and you can describe the symphony itself more, like how it's been recognized as a representation of death. Details about the historical thing you're basing the NP on are always good. Here's Royd's Scriabin, and you can see how he melded the world-ending shenanigans and the musician's actual work and belief.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 7th, 2022 at 09:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    I see. I'll try to edit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Marsz Pogrzebowy; I give my life to music
    Type: Anti-Self (World)

Tru'nembra does not need an instrument, instead being an instrument. For a short period of time, it can grant this power to Chopin and he will play a song of destruction. During this time, haunting music will play, causing massive spatial distortions in the area and hallucinations in all who hear it. Should it spread far enough, this phantasm could destroy the world. However, Chopin himself is not wholly immune to these effects due to not being an elder god. Using this phantasm does severe damage to his body and if he does not get immediate medical attention, he will likely die after using it. This is, to Chopin, nothing new. In life, he suffered through tuberculosis and illness, but continued to compose. His "Funeral March" is the song that he wishes to listen to as he dies, as he noticed the decline in his life and abilities due to his sickness. His final symphony as he goes out with a bang of creativity.

- - - Updated - - -

I added more to Chopin's side of the phantasm.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe for the NP name you can play around with the Ruby function? Also, I think the description is pretty not bad.

Blog Entries
    What's the Ruby function?