Page 146 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4696136141144145146147148151156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Wandering Cultivator Wan Dering'cul Tivator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRebel_GreatGryffon View Post
    I thought of making my own version of Ali ibn Abi Talib as a Saber. I know He has been done before on this site, but I wanted my own shot.
    Ali was the Prophet Muhammad's young cousin, son-in-law, sworn brother, and right-hand man. Known as the Lion of Allah and bearer of the holy sword Zulfiqar, he was born inside the Kabbah, was the first male to convert to Islam at 5 years old, and had the strength of 40 men. He was also an erudite scholar, personal secretary of the Prophet, the eventual Fourth Calif of Islam, and writer of the Nahj al-Balagha, making him more or less the father of Muslim theology, on top of it containing all of his knowledge on many other academic subjects, so he could also qualify as Caster.

As a Saber, I want to emphasize his nature as the blessed warrior that he was in his youth. Starting with Skills, Protection of the Faith is a given. I imagine him possessing Divinity to represent him being born inside the Kabbah. The most interesting one I came up with is one called "Lion of Allah"; as he was born inside the Kabbah and was the first male to be converted by Muhammad, he is exceptional in the eyes of the Muslims and known for his unshakeable character. Thus, even if he was already formidable as a living human, he becomes even more powerful as a Servant thanks to this Skill born of the Muslim's reverence of him. However, it works both ways: his power only lasts as long as he remains true to this reverence; should he be made to break the tenants of Islam, his power will be severely reduced.

As for Zulfiqar, it is a Divine Sword of the stars of the same caliber as Excalibur or Galatine. I would steal the idea that it is a sword both of the Earth and the Heavens. My idea would be to make it "mark" the opponent with a first attack; then a giant phantom sword comes down from above to crush them.
    not sure if this is a useful idea, but perhaps initially the Giant Phantom Sword appears vaguely from the direction of the heavens (weakest form). However, as Ali ibn Abi Talib continues to practice Islam and strengthens his faith, the Giant Phantom Sword strengthens with this veneration and instead seems to come from a point high above Mecca (with an image of the sword permanently hanging above the Kaaba in its most potent state)

It is debatable whether he should have a Charisma Skill. On the one hand, he is famous for being aloof from politics (preferring to stick to spirituality and facing several rebellions during his time as a ruler), on the other hand though, he is a major spiritual advisor and leader of Islam.
    Last edited by Wan Dering'cul Tivator; May 6th, 2022 at 04:53 PM.
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Autumn Tinder Kindling Fire
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    I thought of making my own version of Ali ibn Abi Talib as a Saber. I know He has been done before on this site, but I wanted my own shot.
    Ali was the Prophet Muhammad's young cousin, son-in-law, sworn brother, and right-hand man. Known as the Lion of Allah and bearer of the holy sword Zulfiqar, he was born inside the Kabbah, was the first male to convert to Islam at 5 years old, and had the strength of 40 men. He was also an erudite scholar, personal secretary of the Prophet, the eventual Fourth Calif of Islam, and writer of the Nahj al-Balagha, making him more or less the father of Muslim theology, on top of it containing all of his knowledge on many other academic subjects, so he could also qualify as Caster.

As a Saber, I want to emphasize his nature as the blessed warrior that he was in his youth. Starting with Skills, Protection of the Faith is a given. I imagine him possessing Divinity to represent him being born inside the Kabbah. The most interesting one I came up with is one called "Lion of Allah"; as he was born inside the Kabbah and was the first male to be converted by Muhammad, he is exceptional in the eyes of the Muslims and known for his unshakeable character. Thus, even if he was already formidable as a living human, he becomes even more powerful as a Servant thanks to this Skill born of the Muslim's reverence of him. However, it works both ways: his power only lasts as long as he remains true to this reverence; should he be made to break the tenants of Islam, his power will be severely reduced.

As for Zulfiqar, it is a Divine Sword of the stars of the same caliber as Excalibur or Galatine. I would steal the idea that it is a sword both of the Earth and the Heavens. My idea would be to make it "mark" the opponent with a first attack; then a giant phantom sword comes down from above to crush them.
    Ali is very tricky to do right, especially to those unfamiliar with the scope that this figure entails. I only advise that you do a lot of reading on him first.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Ali is very tricky to do right, especially to those unfamiliar with the scope that this figure entails. I only advise that you do a lot of reading on him first.
    I know that he was essentially Muhammad's number 2 guy, his right-hand man and that he's especially big in Shia Islam. The Lion of Allah born in the Kabbah and received a holy sword from Archangel Gabriel, the fourth and last of the Righteous Califs, and an embodiment of pious dedication. I'm perfectly aware of how hugely fucking important he is as a symbol in Islam.

Blog Entries
    I know that he was essentially Muhammad's number 2 guy, his right-hand man and that he's especially big in Shia Islam. The Lion of Allah born in the Kabbah and received a holy sword from Archangel Gabriel, the fourth and last of the Righteous Califs, and an embodiment of pious dedication. I'm perfectly aware of how hugely fucking important he is as a symbol in Islam.
    I'd guess the main question is whether you are taking a Shia perspective, a Sunni perspective, an Ahmadiyya perspective, an Ibadi perspective, a Sufism perspective, a combo perspective, or an outsider perspective. Although an easy way to get around any chance of engendering outrage is stating that a particular power comes from a group's belief that he should have that power rather than it necessarily coming directly from Ali.

For example an Ibadi might disagree with him getting a Skill to represent his rightful rule over the Muslim people. However, if Ali instead received the Skill from his place of prominence as a ruler of Muslims as seen by Shia, Sunni, and Sufism Muslims, the Ibadi would concede that all 3 of those sects do indeed hold enough belief to justify such a Skill.
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    These are hard to manage like I have scrap a concept Ali Sheet. Though it's a bit weird since I use a fairy knight twist and have it be Bahamut with Ali's Saint Graph. I got all his skills set up with his Dialogue. Since I don't know how to balance how many percent is Bahamut and How many percent is Ali

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismail2002 View Post
    These are hard to manage like I have scrap a concept Ali Sheet. Though it's a bit weird since I use a fairy knight twist and have it be Bahamut with Ali's Saint Graph. I got all his skills set up with his Dialogue. Since I don't know how to balance how many percent is Bahamut and How many percent is Ali
    Well this is a place to try out ideas and stuff. If you have the time to mock up a couple skeleton Sheets for each of those ideas the people here can help you out.

to make a skeleton sheet: character name, classes being considered, vague description of gimmick, vague description of Skills (don't even have to decide on which Skills or what Rank they will be, just the vibe they are conveying), vague description of NP (what kind of vibe you are trying to elicit with it), and any lore you want people to review (or you think is needed to explain a gimmick)
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 10:11 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Has anyone done a sheet based on Lysander (the greek general) [I was possibly thinking of a faker-Heracles] angle with the guy, Socrates (he's probably been done before I just can't remember who did him), or Arcus (of Arcadia)?

Also other people I found that I feel I should trow out are Evander of Pallantium who apparentlly in myths killed a italian king / monster called Erulus with three souls, three times in one day (possibly connected to Geryon? or maybe inspired by the ladder), and who is considered one of the important mythical ancestors of Rome, his mother was a nymph called Themis also known to the romans as a goddess called Carmenta, associated with childbirth, prophecy, and inventing the Latin alphabet, his father was Apollo (or according to Servius Hermes).He was considered or respected as a deity after death and supposedly was the first to create an alter to Heracles for his heroism. So maybe some abilies involved with divine language, prophecy (his mother and father), creating cities, and maybe something based on supposedly what got him kicked out of Arcadia (sources disagree, it may ahve been trying to kill Hermes his "father" according to some, killing his mother, or just somethign which angered the gods).

Polybius was another interesting guy.

I also found Philopoemen the "last of the greeks" (I actually am not sure how many examples there are of servants that are from Greek histroy rather than greek myth [although those categories may overlap).
    Seika did a pretty good Socrates here. And assuming you mean Arcas asterism did one of him. That Evander guy sounds pretty interesting. I could see him having some kind of space-warping triple attack NP from killing the three-souled guy.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    I’m also writing a fate fanfic and would like some help picking out the final lineup. The lore of the war is that after the 2nd HGW, the church didn’t get involved and instead the war moved to London. The Einzberns didn’t cheat in war #3 either. This is now the 4th war and everyone is cheating! The catholics are trying to take power in the war, so is a protestant, there are a couple of extra servants besides the main 7, etc. This is what I have so far
    Saber: Accolon or maybe Lucan
    Lancer: No Clue Yet, maybe Diomedes or Godfrey Bouillon
    Archer: Wei Boyang
    Caster: Two ideas are Christopher Marlowe or Merlin Alter or Houdini
    Rider: Not sure, but I had the idea of making it James K. Polk
    Berserker: Not sure, but one idea is Maximilien Robespierre
    Assassin: One idea is to do Jack the Ripper (as a male), while the other is to do Jack Ketsch. Another is to do Ganelon. Yet another is to do the Man in the Iron Mask
    Avenger: I have two, Protesilaus or Judas Maccabeus
    Foreigner: Arthur Rimbaud (or maybe Robert Browning)
    Jester (a custom class I invented): Mark Twain
    Pretender/ Faker: King Saul
    Gatekeeper: No clue yet
    Any advice?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A Catholic and a Protestant? While including some biblical figures like Saul and Judas Maccabeus is already a pretty good idea, maybe summoning someone from the Protestant Reformation era (such as Henry VIII or Martin Luther) would also be a good idea in drawing parallels between the two events.

Btw, do you have some sort of overarching "theme" in mind for this HGW?

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    One theme was “what are you willing to do for your dreams”. That was one big idea of mine I had for the war.

Blog Entries
    My main questions would be about the variations on canon servants you're suggesting. What's the divergence leading to Merlin (Alter)? What aspect of Jack the Ripper would be represented by this different Assassin?
    What would Polk's mount even be, also?
    Other than that, mainly I'd just caution against using too many figures primarily known as noncombatants in the same event unless it's themed specifically around it: you've got several alternatives listed for a bunch of classes, so maybe paying attention to that bit a little when narrowing down your choices might be useful.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Then maybe fill the cast with people who had to make the tough choice between their dreams and something equally important to them, with various different answers they reached. Doesn't have to be everyone, as to not make the theme feel too in-your-face, but maybe having two or three pairs of characters (Servant/Servant, Servant/Master, or Master/Master) to explore different aspects of this theme would help.

Just as a question, how powerful would an alter ego servant with Jesus, Krishna, and Indra influencing them/apart of them be?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As powerful as the writer wants them to be.

I don't want to overdo it but I don't want them to be average servant level.

- - - Updated - - -

Ashiya Douman is kind of my basis for this guy.

Blog Entries
    We have no clue how powerful or even what Jesus is. Krishna has various incarnations of various strengths. Indra is the most concrete figure we know in that line-up, and even he could be all over the place depending on how Buddhist you get with your vajra.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThompsonContender View Post
    I don't want to overdo it but I don't want them to be average servant level.
    Then do that. Power level is entirely arbitrary.

Jesus is only there for A rank divinity and a "Eye of a Needle" skill.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Then he shouldn't be there at all tbh