Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2429323334

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    True so foreigner would be out but if you use Journey to the West as a basis there are a lot of classes he qualifies for based on just that. While I'm unfamiliar about other tales he might be involved in they would only add to his legend and potentially qualify him for more classes. Nevermind what actual lore type moon has for him which just adds to it all.

thinking on it, I don't know if there's ever been a hero that has just so much legend and recognition to them like wukong... except maybe sherlock and peter pan.
    Well if we regard ancient legends i can only think of Herakless and perhaps once also varous legends of Thor in the germanic world .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    That's true. Those two are also international legends... and actually thinking about it, peter pan is only big in the west. east, I don't think he's a name everyone knows. even sherlock to an extent isn't there yet
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Check out my servants!

Current servant being worked on!

Blog Entries
    That's true. Those two are also international legends... and actually thinking about it, peter pan is only big in the west. east, I don't think he's a name everyone knows. even sherlock to an extent isn't there yet
    if we look at historic figures could Allexander the great and Julius Caesar as i read that there even in slavic legends the latter succeded in form of a sort of culture hero .

Ominous Shadowy Spoiler Figure Cursed by Fortuna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sun Wukong I think gets a lot of recognition due to ties in with early Dragon Ball, and the Popularity of Dragon Ball Z. I'm not sure if he was all that well known in the West prior to that. Out of curiosity is Jack the Ripper known there or not?

I always took it as weird Nasu claimed that Sherlock Holmes or Arsene Lupin were bigger/more famous/equally famous names than the Murderer in the Mist (who I took for granted as basically one of those figures that basically everybody has at least heard of, but I may be wrong / ignorant here).

Also Faker: Sherlock Holmes & Faker: Moriarty with Sherlock being a phantom and the real identity as Dr. Joseph Bell (one of the people Conan Doyle based the character off of) and The real identity of Faker: Morairty as Adam Worth the namesake of Morairty's title "The Napoleon of Crime".

-----------------------------------------------

PS. For your eyes only I'm working on a bit of servant which uses some of the information we know about Atlas as a basis. While I'm not the biggest Typemoon, lore buff I think it's actually worked out surprisingly well.

Working Lore prototype

A figure of both great mystery and great renown in the world, Mary the Jewess was one of the two “shining existences” who paved the path and brought forth a heralded the usage and advancement of alchemy into the new era alongside Hermes Trismegistus, her contemporary and associate. These two inspire and under Hermes Thrice Great gather “6 great students” Agathodaemon, Zosimos of Panopolis, Bolus of Mendes, Komarios who called himself Moses, Chymes who referred to themselves as Cleopatra, and the Ostanes family to found an institution to uphold the teachings of Isis and pass on the art of alchemy to a new age, for the purpose of the protection and salvation of the world.

However division would spawn between Mary and Hermes and disagreement on their approach would arise. Hermes believed in calculation, and wished to predict and determine every possible threat before creating great instruments to destroy these threats, however Mary wished to sought to thwart the threats no matter how numerous or great they may be through the the achievement of “a perfect living being” forged from the crucible of alchemy. Inevitably the 6 founders disagreed sided with Hermes Thrice-Great, and Mary, her research greatly advanced, was allowed to leave, however out of respect three allowances were made for Mary.

The first was that she would be allowed to take and continue her research and all materials related, however this would be considered and performed separately from the Six Sages and Hermes as well as the organization they were building. The second was that the Six sages out of respect for Mary’s teachings would maintain research into the potential of the three human factors, body, mind, and soul although this would be secondary to their research into predicting the threats to the world and countering them. The final concession was that Mary would be given 7 contracts, one form each of her students and one from her associate Hermes, bound to the magic circuits, and by proxy the future crests of owners which would on demand allow her access to a request from Atlas so long as it met a basic rule that it would not endanger or threaten humanity.

It would be the first clause of the agreement which would cause Atlas the most dismay, as Mary’s research conducted in the city of Heracleion would take subjects from the cities of Abdera, Taranto, and many others of the Heracleidae performing rituals and experiments involving them and those descended or connected to the bloodline of the Egyptian Pharaohs. The exact nature of these experiments remain lost with any material or knowledge on the matter closely guarded by Atlas, but it is known enough that based on calculations and measurements taken by the Clock Tower “it necessitated the intervention of Alaya and in turn caused the annihilation of the city”. Ever since then it has become taboo for any weapons or active research to be taken or kept outside Atlas, for fear of the devastation such the projects they shaped could inflict, however in the case of Ergo, as it was primarily a collaboration between themselves and two other parties their hands were tied on the matter of keeping it under lock and key.

PPS. I was thinking a bit on the subject of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, and that technically speaking a virtual world or simulated world being projected onto reality is kinda similar (in effect if not cause) to Reality Marbles. I was thinking about possibly as a branch of magecraft inspired by Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, the philosophical concepts of Direct and indirect realism, notions of "possible worlds", and the ideas of reality as being "what we make of it" and "subject to change" and "something partly defined by those experiencing or seeing it".

I'm thinking of it basically as a kind of Magecraft which seeks to create self-sustaining reality marbles wherein Gaia isn't able to directly change them due to people dwelling within them fueling the "truth" of their existence and helping pay for the cost of maintaining them. I'd like to hear any thoughts on this, as it's pretty new (and basically me taking semi-recent concepts and technology and building an idea of a system of mageracft around such).
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; November 27th, 2021 at 10:02 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It’s funny that you should mention that as I occasionally think about re-tooling my Wright into a Faker of Sherlock now that that Class exists but I never get around to it.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    I'm thinking of it basically as a kind of Magecraft which seeks to create self-sustaining reality marbles wherein Gaia isn't able to directly change them due to people dwelling within them fueling the "truth" of their existence and helping pay for the cost of maintaining them. I'd like to hear any thoughts on this, as it's pretty new (and basically me taking semi-recent concepts and technology and building an idea of a system of mageracft around such).
    Sounds pretty similar to what Lostbelts really are, at least on my interpretation since we don't have the full answer yet. Or is your idea to a create a truth that doesn't need a pin holding it together like Lostbelts do with their Fantasy Trees? Considering even normal human textures require pins like Rhongomyniad, Wukong's staff, Titan Atlas, etc., I'd a pin-free self-sustaining RM would fall into Magic territory.

Blog Entries
    Cursed By Fortuna: I mean it is possible. especially when you consider the power regular humans unwittingly have in nasuverse. nevermind the studies done on how to manipulate people into believing something that goes against their common sense.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Check out my servants!

Current servant being worked on!

Ominous Shadowy Spoiler Figure Cursed by Fortuna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Sounds pretty similar to what Lostbelts really are, at least on my interpretation since we don't have the full answer yet. Or is your idea to a create a truth that doesn't need a pin holding it together like Lostbelts do with their Fantasy Trees? Considering even normal human textures require pins like Rhongomyniad, Wukong's staff, Titan Atlas, etc., I'd a pin-free self-sustaining RM would fall into Magic territory.
    That actually wasn't fully what came to mind while doing it, but it would make sense. From a logistical perspective it is pretty close to magic (although given Reality marbles are based on the theory of altering or replacing reality I have to wonder if VR and AR technology is eating away at their mystery in Typemoon) and would require resources, but "Bubble worlds" could in theory be created and maintained, given a large enough population large enough to have enough mana to supplement the cost of maintaining the world and also sizable enough to "pin" the world to the Alaya.

A good analogy might be to give Alaya a hypothetical "body" if you get a large enough chunk of humanity (whose collective unconscious defines and composes Alaya) then that could be considered an individual body part, like a finger or a toe. Distinct and different, yet still connected to the whole, and partly connected to them as well, even if they dwell in a bubble world.

Alternatively I suppose if you got something related to the god (possibly a divine spirit, a divine construct, etc.) and literally created a overarching "story/myth/faith" in that world you artificially use that god/divine spirit to basically brute force the situation forcefully "gluing" the world onto the layer of pan-human history at least for a time. At minimum this could be used as a stop-gap motive at least until the world is developed enough to possibly push the limits of this magecraft even further.

I was more just thinking along the lines of a mage whose abilities would be kinda like a middle ground between graduation air and illusions, based on projecting and redefining the world around them (possible in a present or near future setting) letting them basically create and casts bounded fields based their perception of reality, on the fly alongside "pulling and placing" images onto the world such as thinking of a fireball and thus being able to manifest that into the world.

----------------------------

PS. That also reminds me of another idea I had. A "mage" whose ability revolves around being able to swap between 5 different psychic powers (I know psychic powers aren't really Magecraft, but there is some middle ground with mystic eyes I think). I was thinking of them as being "conceived" as a byproduct of experiments done on a John Doe, a human who they decided to temporarily remove one or more of their five senses (sight, sound, feeling, taste, and smell) and replace them with psychic powers.

My reasoning is that psychic powers are described as additional senses so it may be possible that if someone "lost a sense" they could gain a psychic power due to having "less the the number of senses they were born with". Think of it kinda like a power outlet and senses as electrical devises connected by a cord, most people are born with 5 senses, 5 different sockets on their "power outlet" each connected to a different cord, a different sense. So what if you removed a cord / a sense someone was naturally born with? Well they would have an empty socket that you could plug something else into, thus in theory you could attach a "different kind of cord" / a different sense into that socket (so long as the psychic ability was one that person had a connection to).

The Idea I'm running with us that said mage was implanted with 5 psychic senses (I'm assuming that psychic senses or abilities are associated with an area of mutated magical circuits) each of which were implanted into their body, however in order to truly use one of those powers, to draw on that connection they need to "open up space for that sense to connect with their brain", thus in order to say use telekinesis they would need to remove their sense of touch or steel temporarily. However as a downside continued, disconnection and reconnection of their sense may actually be dulling or weakening their human senses even as the connections with their psychic senses grow stronger up until a point where they may not be able to "shut off" their psychic senses, the starting to permanently lose their human ones in the process.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Are any of you working on any beasts or beast candidates?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Fortuna’s idea for self sustaining reality marbles seems really interesting. It seems pretty close to reality warping in application. I guess this is what happened to your shakti Astra idea. Wouldn’t any mage who tried this get sealing designated?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Fortuna’s idea for self sustaining reality marbles seems really interesting. It seems pretty close to reality warping in application. I guess this is what happened to your shakti Astra idea. Wouldn’t any mage who tried this get sealing designated?
    Rality Marble alone are the reason for sealing designations .

I wonder what kind of effect this idea will have on viracocha or whoever fortuna picked for grand caster or Mary the jewess?
    Last edited by NINE-lives; Yesterday at 09:03 PM.