Page 230 of 439 FirstFirst ... 130180220225228229230231232235240280330 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 8764

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Been thinking about a Servant who fights using oversized fruits, kinda sorta along the lines of Kamen Rider Gaim, and have been trying to decide between Saber (bananas like swords, apple and orange slices), Lancer (fruit skewers, pineapple spikes, banana spears?), or Archer (pineapple grenades, seed spreading) as their Class. Leaning Saber right now
    Archer could have a (literal) grape-shot cannon, but I like lancer

Blog Entries
    Given the recent development in AI image generation tech (NovelAI in particular) and the controversies it causes, I'm wondering about how people here would feel about the concept of using AI-generated servant faceclaims?
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, what even would be the issue in this case? It's not like you'd be trying to emulate the artstyle of a dead artist or something which is all the controversy I've heard of.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Given the recent development in AI image generation tech (NovelAI in particular) and the controversies it causes, I'm wondering about how people here would feel about the concept of using AI-generated servant faceclaims?
    I fuck with it- I'm always gonna stick to drawing mine, but I've used it for backgrounds on Scheherazade Alter, and Sir Sanford Fleming- If people are already just grabbing FC's anyhow, I don't feel its too different. It just lets you customize more at the cost of stylistic nuance.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    I mean, what even would be the issue in this case? It's not like you'd be trying to emulate the artstyle of a dead artist or something which is all the controversy I've heard of.
    The controversy is around the fact that AI takes the works of real artists regardless of their consent to generate its products, so there's arguments there in regards to plagiarism and art theft. Add in the fact that the technology is obviously going to be used to take the work of those same artists they're stealing from.
    Personally, I feel the argument that it's plagiarism does hold some water. Every now and then you find a AI generated art that took so much from a single artist that you can recognize their style, and I've even seen ones in which I could recognize a specific fanart it was sampling.

That said, we're past the point of no return with this technology, and it is really neat. I wouldn't use it but I wouldn't begrudge anyone using it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Also most people here are already "stealing" art by not giving proper sources and/or using the work of artists that are against reposting.
    Last edited by pinetree; October 20th, 2022 at 07:44 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That being said, if anyone knows how to make the big titty catgirl oil paintings, uhhh, hmu for research purposes

Blog Entries
    Right. Personally I am all aboard the AI revolution train, and while there's maybe some blurry ethical lines that has been crossed, I suspect this tech will only get more sophisticated and popular in the coming years.

That said, I did try to mess around with NovelAI for the FC of my Gerard, here are some of what I could salvage.

Spoiler:

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This trend is squarely in the "a bad thing" category for me, and I'm very disturbed by how it could go further. Art is one of the things we humans do because we enjoy it, not because it's a job or duty; automating it is exactly the wrong direction. I don't have a problem with any particular piece, and the plagiarism accusations seem iffy to me; it's the entire concept I take issue with.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I can see where you're from. Art is probably the last thing people expected to be automated, but here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    That being said, if anyone knows how to make the big titty catgirl oil paintings, uhhh, hmu for research purposes
    It's probably the Waifu Diffusion model

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Yeah, I can see where you're from. Art is probably the last thing people expected to be automated, but here we are.

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably the Waifu Diffusion model
    Nope. Personal research has confirmed.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Going to be honest, I stand neutral on the AI art thing. I’ll agree that is the last thing I ever really considered would become an automated task, and the plagiarism argument holds water. However, I can’t not appreciate the massive steps forward it shows in many underlying processes. Essentially, I appreciate the progress to much to fully hate the results.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Blog Entries
    About that fruit-based Servant (Carmen Miranda, a major player in WW2 US-Latin America relations and inspiration for a resistance movement against a military junta, on top of being a famous samba singer and dancer), I ultimately went with Archer. Figured if she wielded a whole bunch of weapons and I couldn't decide which Class, Archer made the most sense. Plus my Servant List didn't mind another Archer

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can see opportunities popping up for real artists.
    Either through the real art enjoyers that push for the real thing when AI wrt becomes prevelant, or through name recognition when one can recognize a certain style in successful AI art.
    When one embraces it, it may help artists who lack inspiration for a piece. They type their vague ideas and take cues from the AI. There are many artists who already paint over AI results to make it there own and actually like they wanted.
    Perhaps it is also a nice hit against the modern art scene that actually makes art for capitalistic gains, with exorbitant prices for a canvas of shit. Money laundering and scams are a problem in the upper echelons. Like some mediocre stuff from a certain drug addict son from a certain president.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of Christmas, what characters from that particular holiday haven't been done yet, or holidays in general?

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The celebration contest covered several different holidays. Except perhaps the animals that were around jesus' birth, all related to xmas shouldvr been done by now.
    And there are too many different holidays to even know ehat is missing
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Considering Herod used the three magi to seek out Jesus' birthplace under the pretense of "celebrating" while really wanting to kill the baby to prevent a prophecy or whatever...

Imagine a shitpost Pretender/Berserker Santa Herod who pretends to be way into the Christmas spirit, only to reveal himself as the evil mastermind of a Christmas event with the goal of erasing the celebration once and for all
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 21st, 2022 at 02:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    The interesting thing about Herod as a Servant is that the Terminator was originally inspired by him, at least through the Christ allegory reading of the film (though Terminator 2 complicates this reading with him suddenly becoming Joseph, I guess)

Blog Entries
    Well there are several antagonistic figures in Christmas tales outside of America, like the Badalisc from Italy or Grýla and her family from Iceland for example. Though admittedly it is amazing just how many gift-bringers and companions exist for Christmas tales.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just a question I have for a sheet. I'm trying to find a species of Fairy who are specifically connected to, essentially, the manipulation of bad luck. It's a fairly general idea, but the only ones I've come across so far that fit what I need are Spriggans, and they fit a little roughly with how they are usually portrayed within the Fate franchise... considering giant stone statues aren't very useful when trying to find a species to be half the genetics for a half-human servant.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

Blog Entries
    More of manipulation of luck general, but maybe Gnomes, Leprechauns, goblins etc