Page 235 of 439 FirstFirst ... 135185225230233234235236237240245285335 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 8764

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NielleiN View Post
    Hot Take: The only thing Medusa should be allowed to qualify for is Avenger, and maybe Berserker. Pegasus is only mentioned in her legend at the very end and even then, its only after she died. Its BS she's rider.
    That's a bad take. Putting everything else aside, Medusa riding Pegasus because it's her child is an inspired idea.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of which since you shared your HGW idea. I want to share mine that is still rusting away in the deepest vault of my mind.

That HGW idea is that of the will/ torch of humanity basically that humanity is almost wiped out and in the future era so a ship carrying a prototype seed of a tree of emptiness type of deal to a planet far away so it can carry on its will. Though the 7 members of the spaceship crew have different ideas on what the most important ideal will of humanity is and wanted to shape the tree of emptiness so it can produce a texture in the new world that is similar to or an exact of their ideal world. There is also a hidden traitor/Beast that wanted to extinguish this last fleeting hope of humanity. So it traps the crewmates in a virtual matrix of the spaceship. Like a Moon Cell lite of you will to conduct its scheme by erasing their memories of each other and having them fight each other in a Holy Grail War. Once they kill each other, the traitor will bring forward the ideal world of the Beast's mind.

So what do you guys think any loopholes or contrivances that I need to look out for
    Last edited by Ismail2002; October 25th, 2022 at 04:58 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit Amongus grail war

(Jokes aside that's actually areally sick premise, I fuck with it)

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    DONT TALK ABOUT THE MOON

- - - Updated - - -

Jk

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, a fate fanfic I always wanted to do was a SCp crossover, either with Scp fans being drawn into the war or the actual foundation discovering the war and getting involved. Which idea sounds better?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As for loopholes/contrivances though, the big one off the top of my head would to HARD avoid any "my ideal world is a world that is dead and nonexistant for i am a nihilist, mwhahahaha!" or "My ideal world has ONLY ME, ALONE" and such. If these are 7 people who have been chosen to start a new world, a new homeland for humanity, then they should logically be people more focused on actually, y'know, creating that reality, rather than, "I am the bad guy teehee". Plus, having 7 different plans that would work (the best one being decided by the reader's own philosophy) is something that I think would make for a really interesting story.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For adherence to the rules, having an anomaly within the SCP universe that functions like the Grail in fate would work better, as a vast majority of the SCP universe would not be able to exist within fate, and just having SCP fans in a grail war wouldn't influence much, as SCP's wouldn't have enough legendary weight to manifest... if you follow cannon rules.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Yeah. That’s why I thought the foundation being canon would work. Most of their lore (Mekhane, etc) wouldn’t be summonable, but the foundation would be helping preserve mystery. Making an official skip entry to the HGW wouldn’t fly at all tho

- - - Updated - - -

And the two irganizations fighting would be fun. I’m imagining the foundation backing someone entering the war / trying to infiltrate it. Meanwhile they’re studying magecraft like nobody’s business

- - - Updated - - -

I think it could be a fun idea

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    As for loopholes/contrivances though, the big one off the top of my head would to HARD avoid any "my ideal world is a world that is dead and nonexistant for i am a nihilist, mwhahahaha!" or "My ideal world has ONLY ME, ALONE" and such. If these are 7 people who have been chosen to start a new world, a new homeland for humanity, then they should logically be people more focused on actually, y'know, creating that reality, rather than, "I am the bad guy teehee". Plus, having 7 different plans that would work (the best one being decided by the reader's own philosophy) is something that I think would make for a really interesting story.
    Thanks there is actually two ideal worlds that I have thought about and it relates to the master and servant pairings.

The first one that I came up with is the idyllic escapist fantasy. In which the servant is Lancer the so-called Saracen Knight Marfisa. I choose her for this role since I want to invoke a bit of Traum with this and have her rather unique situation that isn't yet fully explore in Fate which is the perception of one culture towards others in Marifisa's case being created by French writers to describe the exotic nature of the middle east and make like caricatures from it. So being a creation of it Marfisa would feel isolated in real history since her story would be looked down upon by the to sides of the culture one being a lower class culture by the west and by the east/Islamic culture nothing more than a mockery of their culture so her ideal world is that where her idyllic fantasy of the Matter of France. I also envision her to be a pseudo servant and her master is related to the other body and a bit slight warning on pseudo-incest.

The Other one that I conjured up is the world without death envisioned by a nurse taking care of the many sick and dying at the end of the world and the many sorrows that it brings. This one is much simpler as it said she was well sick of seeing all the suffering that death brings so she wanted a world without it so her servant would be Archer or Archers since they going to be the Mayan Hero Twins who face off against the lords of deaths so they won't bother the living in their myths.

The rest I am still working on it

Blog Entries
    Huh... psedu incest aside, those two sound like very interesting concepts. If the others follow suit, this would definitely be a fantastic read. I do wonder if having both of the brothers wouldn't be a bit too powerful, but saying they have to share a container weakens them could balance that.

Or their a force you have to beat with guile rather than power. Regardless, seems good so far.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'd have to agree, those sound like solid concepts- can't wait to hear about the rest

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Unrelated, but do you all have any advice on choosing candidates for Rulers? I'm working on some Holy Rail War concepts, and I wanted to create the framework of The Train and it's conductors/the two servants enforcing the rules before I got too far into rules and specifics. One is of course my Binder, Sir Sanford Fleming, but I was intending to make the other a Ruler, as the framework for the Holy Rail War death game is ofc based off an irregular grail war- thus warranting a ruler to enforce the rules. I'm feeling they should serve more as the striker of the pair, Fleming's kit being focused on support and control-

So I guess my question is- what types of figures would you all recommend looking at for a more proactive style of ruler, and should I use Ruler for the position at all, or switch to another class for the job?

Blog Entries
    I mean, Link's Karl de Gross proves you can have a very active ruler, so ruler should be fine. However, as for choosing them... that's a bit more abstract. It focuses on impartial agents who, usually, don't have a wish for the grail(Amakusa is an example of when that isn't the case). I'd think that the normal pool of saints actually has a fair few candidates that would lend themselves to high activity. Other than that... literal judges from the judicial systems, especially those that had big impacts on the laws of countries would be another resource. Finally, 'fairytale prince' type characters, who are shown to be very active, but also very 'perfect', to an almost inhuman degree, could be another source.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's excellent, especially that last one, thanks brother

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Alright, I found the next two would be Assassin's team is focused on the truth that they wish for a world with only truths and facts in this new world. The only will of remnants of humanity that should truth that lies of any kind would be purged in this new world. The candidate, I was thinking of for the role of Assassin is Zhu Yuanzhang of the Hongwu Emperor. Famous for his secret police and his attitude toward truth and self-reliance and an extremely wary view of others.

For the Master, I was thinking of a declining magus family head that was told wonders of exaggerated ancient stories about their accomplishments only to have it fall before her eyes when they and they're suppose magus family allies lied and backstab each other until there was barely anything left. So, she only tells the truth and is 100% honest all the time. Even when it might seem to jeopardize her plans though unlike Assassin the master would be easily more trusting when she senses a good quality in a person.

Then there is the idea of Freedom and Equality in a sense letting Magic and Magecraft no longer be hidden and be able to roam free happy helping out the mundane people. Let mystery run the world once more, the Magus here is a naïve boy that often helps villages nearby with his magecraft though the villagers curse him and brand him a devil. Though the other children are fond of him. He bares their anger and fear since in a weird way he thought of them as his family since he was never really around since they have their heads stuck in their research at the clock tower. Though one day before it went south the Church immediately seized and lock the man up and only took him away from the few friends and family he knew. When ask why he wasn't allowed to show magecraft or use it to teach, play or even just help with the people. They just say that is the way of the world and that only left him to be more confused.

This one can be either Caster or Berserker. One idea I have for this world slot is Calon Arang. The witch of Bali whose magic created a fostering community that was seen by many people nearby as dark magic and act very cult-like since their worship of the Dark Goddess Durga. They communicated with many spirits to do their bidding to bolster and strengthen their community. She has many great disciples that follow her teachings with the Berserker from being closer to the spirit of Rangda that she originates from and taking a similar nature and attitude that of Morgan from LB 6 though she more thought of her master as her son.

So the only ones that still elude me are Rider and What either Caster or Berserker since Saber is going to be the protag's servant

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    It focuses on impartial agents who, usually, don't have a wish for the grail(Amakusa is an example of when that isn't the case).
    Ok to be fair, Amakusa is an exception in every sense of the word for Rulers. He only showed up as a Ruler despite having negative qualifications due to the Einzberns forcing him into the Ruler container, instead of summoning whoever as a Berserker, or Angra as an Avenger.
    But on the whole, it's essentially as you said. Impartial agents who can preside over the Grail War without bias to any side. That's the core of the class. The Holy Grail will always select a (canonised) Saint because it's a "western, Christian artefact", or modeled upon one at least (Amakusa is an uncanonised saint in Japan, which would usually mean he's disqualified, but the Grail considered him "close enough" because he's such a popular martyr in Japanese Christianity, so he got shoved into the container). In systems where the Holy Grail isn't involved, that restriction vanishes, which allows all manner of Rulers (impartial detectives, the greatest crime lord, fairy queens detached from mankind, Caren) as long as they have no wish for the Grail.

None of the qualifications even slightly relate to not being active, but rather relate to impartiality. Or rather, a Ruler needs to be active, otherwise they can't manage the Grail War and ensure the rules are being upheld, which is their highest duty in a Grail War scenario.

Blog Entries
    Just another batch of interesting names here, inspired by and cribbed from Gintama, Rurouni Kenshin, and Touhou (+fangames) of all things (Historical Domain Character, Expy, etc.):

• Ōkubo Toshimichi, Rider/Saber and one of Japan's Three Great Nobles.
    • Kido Takayoshi, Saber and another of the Three Great Nobles.
    • Kido Matsuko, Caster and wife to Takayoshi who's better known as Ikumatsu in some areas of Pop Culture.
    • Yamagata Aritomo, Saber and the one who laid down the foundations for the modern Japanese army.
    • Ito Hirobumi, Caster and Japan's first Prime Minister.
    • Lorenzo Ruiz, Ruler and protomartyr to the Philippines due to the actions of the Tokugawa Shogonate.
    • Yoshida Shōin, Saber and one of Japan's most distinguished intellectuals who nurtured many ishin shishi.
    • Kusaka Genzui, Saber and samurai who was a key proponent in the Sonnō jōi movement.
    • Takasugi Shinsaku, Saber and a key contributor to the Meiji Restoration.
    • Yamazaki Susumu, Assassin/Saber and besides being part of the Shinsengumi was also a spy and a doctor (possible attempts by Okita to try to get him to cure her tuberculosis here).
    • Ichimura Tetsunosuke, Assassin/Saber and pageboy to Hijikata as well as having an older brother named Ichimura Tatsunosuke.
    • Sasaki Tadasaburo, Assassin/Saber and member/leader of the Mimawarigumi in addition to possibly being the murderer of Ryoma Sakamoto (and as I just typed this out I now picture him frantically fleeing a very angry Oryou trying to smash him into a pancake for that assassination).
    • Otose, Caster and runs the Teradaya where two notable incidents took place, one involving Ryoma.
    • Nakaoka Shintarō, Saber and a close Assosiate to Ryoma.
    • Hasegawa Heizou, Assassin and legendary lawman better known as Onihei.
    • Tatsugoro Shinmon, Archer and leader of the 10th division of Edo's Megumi fire brigade.
    • Murata Tsuneyoshi, Archer and inventor of Japan's first indigenous produced standardized service rifle the Murata Rifle.
    • Ii Naosuke, Caster/Assassin and signer of the Harris Treaty with America (and designated villain for fiction set during this time period).
    • Matsudaira Katamori, Saber who was pretty much the Shinsengumi's boss and along with his brothers Tokugawa Mochinaga, Tokugawa Yoshikatsu, and Matsudaira Sadaaki, had highly influential roles during the Meiji Restoration.
    • Asaemon Yamada, Faker/Assassin hybrid who's really the title for the Yamada clan head. Officially they were the sword testers, though in practice they were the Eastern equivalent of Charles-Henri Sanson: executioners for the shogunate.
    • Imai Nobuo, Assassin/Saber and member of the Mimawarigumi who confessed that it was he who killed Ryoma.
    • Kijima Matabei, Archer/Saber who was a gunslinger as well as a samurai.
    • Mutsu Munemitsu, Caster and high ranking government official associated with Ryoma.
    • Okita Mitsu, Caster and sister to Okita Souji and wife to Rintaro (perhaps she picked up some skills from them if she ever gets into combat?).
    • Inoue Genzaburo, Assassin/Saber and cousin to Okita Rintaro as well as captain of the Shinsengumi's 6th unit.
    • Tojiko no Iratsume, Caster and wife to Prince Shotoku of Japanese fame.
    • Mononobe no Futsuhime, Caster and wife to Emperor Sushun.
    • Yashima no Hage-tanuki and Shibaemon-tanuki, shapeshifting Casters/Assassins and 2/3 of Japan's famous tanuki along with their already done on this site comrade-in-arms Danzaburou-danuki.
    • Hieda no Are, Caster and author of Kojiki, a collection of ancient Japanese myths and legends.
    • Michinoomi no Mikoto, Saber/Caster and Otomo clan ancestor coming from both the Kojiki and Nihonshoki collections.
    • Sengaku, Buddhist Caster monk and writer of the Man'yōshū chūshaku that helped rediscover the original meaning of the works in the Man'yōshū.
    • Take no Gosho, Caster and daughter of the Shogun Minamoto no Yoriie.
    • Ōtomo no Yakamochi, Caster and famed poet from the Nara period and part of Fujiwara no Kintō's Thirty-six Poetry Immortals.
    • Takenouchi no Sukune, Caster who served under several legendary Emperors including Jingu and was later elevated into a kami.
    • Yamatohime-no-mikoto, Caster and daughter of Emperor Suinin who established Amaterasu's Ise Shrine.
    • Kayano-hime, Caster and Shinto goddess of vegetation and fields.
    • Shinran, Caster/Ruler and founder of the Jōdo Shinshū sect of Buddhism.
    • Ariwara no Narihira, Caster and another member of the Thirty-six Poetry Immortals as well as being one of the Rokkasen.
    • Kikyo no Mae, Caster and mistress to the notorious Taira no Masakado.

Incidently, how would one go about making a PHH version of Ryoma Sakamoto and/or Narasaki Ryō?
    Last edited by Dragolord09; October 26th, 2022 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Minor format error cleanup

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hoho, as the guy who does the most Bakumatsu/Meiji-era figures in this forum, this might be helpful...

Also, isn't canon Ryoma/Oryo already from PHH? In-universe, I'm guessing the human Narasaki Ryo just... doesn't exist, I suppose.
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 26th, 2022 at 01:02 AM.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Ryouma and Oryou come from the worldtype of GudaGuda, which isn't quite the same as "normal" PHH worlds. There are some details about history and mythology, especially about Ame-no-Nuhoko, the gods of Japan, and especially Oryou's whole existence, that contradict the "normal" world.

To quote (my own) translation directly:
    Quote Originally Posted by 2021/12/1 Untitled (Mushroom)
    This time, I'm not going to give you an update on recent events, but instead some aid on the story's setting.
    I know it's a small detail, but it's something that other works will have to take into account, so I'll be quite satisfied if you can read this and go "wow!"

Mr. Keikenchi spoke about the GudaGuda Hurries(? ハリーズ possibly a typo of Series シリーズ) in "Koha-Ace", but that was a long time ago, so I'll give you some new annotations to work with.
    The GudaGuda series was originally a spin-off of Fate... instead of being a parallel work, some parts of its very origins are different from those in Fate worlds.
    A particularly large difference is in the relationships "in regards to Nobunaga (including Tenkai) and Himiko, Guadians of the Deterrent, and Sakamoto Ryouma & Oryou-san".
    When I was consulted about the situation about Oryou-san, I said "These origins are a bit too different to be from a Fate world, but their relationship is so beautiful, so you've got my OK!"
    So even if the truth of Oryou-san is like that, please remember that it's an existence that's different in Fate worlds.
    Just like the Servant Universe, the mythological setting of ancient Japan in GudaGuda Worlds is a bit different from that of the stories in mainstream Type-Moon works.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ey Vi, there has to be a Saint for public transport or trains or whatever. Use them lol
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    What kind of powers would a Caster class servant with the legend of “Robber Baron” have
    Also, what kind of powers would conceptual angel Gabriel representing the mathematical thought experiment of Gabriel’s Horn?