Page 202 of 439 FirstFirst ... 102152192197200201202203204207212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 8777

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, how the heck did Yugioh get so popular? The game is confusing as heck.
    Most people back then picked up the basic rules from watching the anime, plus the game didn't have a tenth of the convoluted game mechanics it does now since every new generation of anime had to introduce a new mechanic to keep viewers interested which the TCG then incorporated.

Yugioh back in my day had (other than normal monsters) Fusions, Rituals and Toons - that was it and they were usually terrible so no one used them. Nowadays you have Union/Gemini/Spirit/Tuner/Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum/Link and some more I've probably forgotten. XD
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Wait, does Yu-Gi-Oh not drop cards that are past a certain generation/season like other TCGs do?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Kids don't care about card game rules
    Then they grow up and keep playing as they learn and new rules are added
    I remember my elementary school pokemon tcg phase where whichever card has more hp automatically wins. Evolution? Items? Basic moves? What are those? My 200hp Wailord demolishes everyone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Wait, does Yu-Gi-Oh not drop cards that are past a certain generation/season like other TCGs do?
    Nope, and that's honestly part of its charm. They'll print support for cards that are like 20 years old randomly sometimes in order to get people to use the older archetypes.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Nope, and that's honestly part of its charm. They'll print support for cards that are like 20 years old randomly sometimes in order to get people to use the older archetypes.
    Eh, agree to disagree. Yeah, it's great to know that you can use your favorite cards in play, no matter how old they are, and that is honestly the reason I play MtG's Historic format more than others, but the shear number of rules is crazy. I've been trying to get into the game for years, and I just can't gel with it.

However, I do understand that's the same problem some people have with MtG or Pokémon, so that may just be me.

Kids don't care about card game rules
    Then they grow up and keep playing as they learn and new rules are added

- - - Updated - - -

Also what are you writing a card game player Servant? Curious
    Eh, was thinking of doing a Khufu obsessed with Yugioh, which I'll probably still do as a normal sheet, for the competition, but jumped ship to a different idea eventually. For what that is... give me a week and a bit. Plus minus two days.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I remember my elementary school pokemon tcg phase where whichever card has more hp automatically wins. Evolution? Items? Basic moves? What are those? My 200hp Wailord demolishes everyone.
    I still don't know the rules for Pokemon and it's almost the TCG I've played the most in my life.
    Second only to Chaotic, but I knew the rules for that one... At the time... I think

Blog Entries
    Huh, I think your like the second or third person I've ever heard say they actually played chaotic. Most people I know either have no clue what it is, or only now it from the tv series. It definitely was a different card game from any of the others I'd played. Sad that it kinda died from lawsuits and all.

Blog Entries
    waiting for the inevitable tcg spinoff of Fate
    you upgrade servants through their different possible classes to their optimal one
    you chainsummon extra classes by sacrificing 2* servant fodder
    win by somehow summoning a grand or beast
    CE are repurposed to magic cards
    stuff like that
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    waiting for the inevitable tcg spinoff of Fate
    you upgrade servants through their different possible classes to their optimal one
    you chainsummon extra classes by sacrificing 2* servant fodder
    win by somehow summoning a grand or beast
    CE are repurposed to magic cards
    stuff like that
    *Ahem*
    Alien God: "Draw your last pathetic card Fujimaru so I can end this Duel."
    Fujimaru: "My grandpa's deck has no pathetic cards, but it does contain...the unstoppable Grand Cards!"
    Alien God: "Impossible! No one's ever been able to summon them!"
    Fujimaru: "I've assembled all seven special cards - now Grand Servants, OBLITERATE!!!"

...I'm not sorry.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Huh, I think your like the second or third person I've ever heard say they actually played chaotic. Most people I know either have no clue what it is, or only now it from the tv series. It definitely was a different card game from any of the others I'd played. Sad that it kinda died from lawsuits and all.
    It was pretty popular in my school around the time it aired here and I'm pretty sure it was relatively popular in the whole state at least, enough to be sold at the newsstands right beside Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    *Ahem*
    Alien God: "Draw your last pathetic card Fujimaru so I can end this Duel."
    Fujimaru: "My grandpa's deck has no pathetic cards, but it does contain...the unstoppable Grand Cards!"
    Alien God: "Impossible! No one's ever been able to summon them!"
    Fujimaru: "I've assembled all seven special cards - now Grand Servants, OBLITERATE!!!"

...I'm not sorry.
    ...the worst part is, I now want this as part of a future Carnival Phantasm. But god, was the anime's dialogue goofy.

It was pretty popular in my school around the time it aired here and I'm pretty sure it was relatively popular in the whole state at least, enough to be sold at the newsstands right beside Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon.
    Huh, fair. Didn't really get anything not super mainstream in SA, so that might play a factor, but even back in the UK I get blanks. Must have just taken off a lot better in the US.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh don't get me wrong though, your experience here Brazil wouldn't be much different. The thing still disappeared after a year or something.

Does anyone know if there's a canon Anti-Foreigner/Anti-Threat-to-Humanity skill?

- - - Updated - - -

If there isn't, does anyone have one they've made for a previous sheet?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There are two or three official ones that target Threat to Humanity but I doubt they'll be useful. They are especifically related to Rhongo and Excalibur.

What are they? Just curious.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I figured it out, it's the Protection of the End of the World skills or whatever they're called.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah and Caster Artoria's Sword of Selection. So Caliburn instead of Excalibur, I guess.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    It's only MHXX's Justice from the Ends of the World that has Anti-ToH effects, it's not listed anywhere in the materials for Gray, Artoria Lancer, or Artoria Lancer Alter. She's a Servantverse character anyway, so it's hard to really use her as a stick for anything for a normal Servant.
    Enkidu's NP rank-up gives it Anti-ToH, but that's not reflected in materials and is most likely just a gameplay thing to enhance Enkidu's niche damage output, but because of the mechanics of their Enuma Elish, it would still be able to output Anti-ToH effects anyway.
    Artoria Caster's Sword of Selection skill is a false name given to hide her true skill, Holy Sword Creation. It's a power that comes from her Lostbelt 6 context, wherein:
    LB6
    Artoria Caster sacrificed herself to the Forge of the Inner Sea to forge a new Holy Sword, which conferred the power of Holy Sword Creation on her; this power made her the ultimate threat to the continued existence of Fairy Britain, and all of the Threats to Humanity that lurked within, such as the Demonic Dog Barghest, the Remnant of Albion, the Calamity of Curses, or the Worm of the Abyss. Especially the last one, as the Holy Sword is both nourishment and poison to Vortigern.
    After defeating the Calamity of Curses, Artoria Caster returned to Avalon, to sleep forever, and the conceptual "Guardian of the Holy Sword" was forged in her image. This Guardian is Artoria Avalon, who carries the same Anti-Threat to Humanity quality, as she exists to safeguard the world of humans.

So basically, there is no official Anti-ToH (note the distinction here between a Threat to Humanity and a Foreigner; these things are not the same) skill. But if you want to make someone with Anti-ToH powers, as long as it's justified, then you can attach it to a skill or NP of your own invention, and it might even have other effects too! How economical.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey legendary, I’m curious what servant you will be working on after the contest and after sir balin. I’m curious what servants you will be working on on the grail war festival thing.

I’m also curious if you’ll play around with Confucius and Confucian magecraft (I had an idea for Confucius as a zhongli FC caster as a rival to your laozi).

Blog Entries
    So, after the contest duo, I'll be doing a double for the Disneyland. One is Balin, the other is either WatcherStan Lee or LancerStarkad.

As for the Grail war festival, it's kinda just my "doesn't fit anything else, so here ya go" setting. Nominally, it's set in the universe of Fate/Requiem as basically the Olympics replacement. 7 weeks of various normal events, with a final four weeks of set of knockout tournament style grail wars, going from 8, to 4, to 2, and then a normal grail war among the remaining team. As for who I'll be doing there...Gatekeeper/ShielderOgiso Igodo and an undecided second, before I do another Grimm's fairy tale LancerThe White Snake

As for the Confucian magecraft... maybe. Honestly, Laozi was chosen for the Lostbelts because the view I gave him fit very well acting as an example of the advantages of the Beasts plans. So unless I could work Confucius in to that little arc as either an example of the downsides, or the advantage of the current system, the rivalry aspect would die at the conflict of ideas. And I think neither would be so petty as to get enraged over that. They aren't going to be Tesla and Edison, no matter how I do it though.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Confucius and Confucianism is all about guiding a monarch to become virtuous and sagely and guiding people to do what they want to be done to them. It’s really more of a system of ethics and political philosophy than a religion. I feel like he could work as a counter to either your beast class lucifer (arguing that a system of government is good sometimes if the rulers are virtuous enough) or a counter to your beast of control (arguing that taking away free will isn’t a good way of governance).

Also, I feel like you should set up viracocha as the Holmes or da Vinci for your lostbelt series next. Get your heaviest hitter out of the way before moving on to less ambitious sheets.