Page 184 of 439 FirstFirst ... 84134174179182183184185186189194234284 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 8766

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sick, just did

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    Sick, just did
    You should probably change the part about them being "equal to an A-ranked NP" too then.

I really wanna do a sheet for James Joyce, but I fear what it will become.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Do it, bring out Ulysses as a bludgeoning weapon

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Concerning rider Neil armstrong. I don’t even know how a servant Neil armstrong would work considering how wonky space is in type moon. He either visited the moon cell or visited another planet with its own laws of physics OR visited the image of another planet.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Concerning rider Neil armstrong. I don’t even know how a servant Neil armstrong would work considering how wonky space is in type moon. He either visited the moon cell or visited another planet with its own laws of physics OR visited the image of another planet.
    Neil is definitely the weirdest of my 8, because I'm pulling from a couple different sorta power/legend sources. As for the moon cell question though, I'm going with the line of thought that he reaches it- but because it isn't revealed to the world in fate until 1973, he draws power as a servant from both the Moon Cell, and the moon as a celestial body as it's traditionally seen. Really, I have him more as an embodiment of space itself, as design-wise he's just in the space suit, but his body looks like a living galaxy.

I'm also notably using this explanation in tandem with how he (probably, it was never confirmed if it was him) appeared in Extra and offscreen jobbed. I'm saying that BB literally cut him off from access to the moon in any form, because otherwise he'd just fuck off. So effectively, he was left with no skills other than riding, and all his params lowered by 2-3 ranks.

I'm extremely biased towards him, I know, but man do I fucking love astronauts and space shit. I got concepts for archer Yuri Gagarin and Foreigner Vladimir Komarov on the backburner, I just love spacesuit aesthetics

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, on that topic I have an idea that may help. So, if I remember correctly, Crimson Moon led a civilization on the moon. However that fell to ruin and he looked to earth to build a new kingdom. Assuming that ruin meant their population fell so far that they would be doomed to eventually go extinct, it may be that by Armstrong's time, their were so few it wasn't dangerous to actually go to the moon.

As for foreign physics... well, it does have different gravity and lack of atmosphere, so does that count as enough? In all seriousness, we actually have no idea what the death of an Ultimate one would do to their home planet. It may be that with Crimson Moon's death, and it's relative proximity to earth, the moon's physics slowly shifted to parallel those of Gaia more.

Also, Tsuki no Sango story has humanity building lunar colonies(ignore the changes that later happened to them). It may not be certain, but I take this as implying that humanity can actually walk on alien worlds.

I mean, most of this comes from the idea for a Lancer Armstrong/NASA sheet I have... somewhere. And the main idea of that was extending the human domain to the moon, much like Voyager 1 kinda does.

Of course, take this all with a grain of salt. I did do this to facilitate my own sheet.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Hero of the Chain View Post
    Honestly, on that topic I have an idea that may help. So, if I remember correctly, Crimson Moon led a civilization on the moon. However that fell to ruin and he looked to earth to build a new kingdom. Assuming that ruin meant their population fell so far that they would be doomed to eventually go extinct, it may be that by Armstrong's time, their were so few it wasn't dangerous to actually go to the moon.

As for foreign physics... well, it does have different gravity and lack of atmosphere, so does that count as enough? In all seriousness, we actually have no idea what the death of an Ultimate one would do to their home planet. It may be that with Crimson Moon's death, and it's relative proximity to earth, the moon's physics slowly shifted to parallel those of Gaia more.

Also, Tsuki no Sango story has humanity building lunar colonies(ignore the changes that later happened to them). It may not be certain, but I take this as implying that humanity can actually walk on alien worlds.

I mean, most of this comes from the idea for a Lancer Armstrong/NASA sheet I have... somewhere. And the main idea of that was extending the human domain to the moon, much like Voyager 1 kinda does.

Of course, take this all with a grain of salt. I did do this to facilitate my own sheet.
    Nah dude, that sounds badass, I'll leave that to you- considering how much funky planetary shit the Type Moon universes have, I think different ones resulting in different classes (Our Lancer-Rider split for example) is actually a really sick concept

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All this talk about the moon reminds me of an old idea I had. Lostbelt Avenger Neil Armstrong, based on this speech that would have been made had the moon landing failed.

A Pioneer of the Stars who absolutely hates the title due to being stranded on the moon as part of what he believed to be a dick-measuring contest between the two countries. Could also receive a power-up from other cosmonauts who lost their lives in the space race.

"The world would praise him as a hero who braved the unknown. Yet for the man who once dreamt of stars... he saw none of it. There was no fanfare, or anything remotely glorious about his death. As the air in his suit ran thin, he saw only emptiness in the vast darkness of space."
    Last edited by BnEl15; July 2nd, 2022 at 10:53 AM.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    On the topic of crimson moon. I always had the headcanon that some other super powerful being on the moon took up the mantel of type-moon and now governs it. Fortuna actually had a really cool idea that kaguyahime is a true ancestor born of hou yi’s wife and crimson moon that took up the mantel of the crimson moon after returning to the moon.

To be honest. You shouldn’t think about nasuverse metaphysics too hard given that most of it is pretty contradictory and raises more questions than it answers. Sometimes not asking is better than asking.

Blog Entries
    So, we've got Lancer, Rider and Avenger. Anyone else want to join us on the Neil train?

In all seriousness, both the Rider idea and Avenger look really cool. The overall interaction with the moon cell, and the other parts of that lostbelt would be really cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    On the topic of crimson moon. I always had the headcanon that some other super powerful being on the moon took up the mantel of type-moon and now governs it. Fortuna actually had a really cool idea that kaguyahime is a true ancestor born of hou yi’s wife and crimson moon that took up the mantel of the crimson moon after returning to the moon.

To be honest. You shouldn’t think about nasuverse metaphysics too hard given that most of it is pretty contradictory and raises more questions than it answers. Sometimes not asking is better than asking.
    You have a point there. Yet it draws you back in every time, for nasuverse metaphysics is a gold mine of things to really differentiate your sheets.

Blog Entries
    The Lostbelt basically goes:
    Moon Landing failed --> Space Race inconclusive --> Cold War ongoing --> Stanislav Petrov, still distrustful of the west due to the ongoing war, presses the alert button during the 1983 Soviet nuclear false alarm incident --> Global nuclear annihilation

Probably the most modern, but still somewhat plausible LB divergence point yet. It feels way too modern and doesn't leave much room for creativity/reinterpreting myths and legends, though, which is why I just can't make things work imo. Not to mention which Heroic Spirits could be summoned in such a setting.

Blog Entries
    There is no obvious reason why the moon landing has to fail for that to happen.

Just have someone other than Petrov be on duty that night
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    True enough. I just like the (admittedly pretty far-fetched) domino effect there.

Blog Entries
    Because this is how my brain works, I've tried to figure out how it would become a functional lostbelt, and I've got... this:

Cause: Inconclusive space race leads to a continued advancement at high speeds, with the contestants setting a new goal post. Mars.
    Result: Spacefaring Technological Singularity
    &
    Cause: Nuclear Armageddon meaning humanity needs to evolve to survive on a dead world
    Result: Essentially? The Land of Steel in Notes

Combine this with Gaia sending a message to the other planets to wipe out the humans like she does in notes, and humanities spacefaring ability speeding up certain Types arrivals due to increased threat to them... and that's all I can think of.

As for reinterpretations... people becoming evolved in weird ways perhaps? For example, restarting a type of the Manhattan project to use nuclear tech to survive(fight fire with fire). A servant their could be an artificial Oppenheimer constructed using the real ones remains.

Or Stephen Hawking, his work accelerated by the technological singularity, essentially becoming energy beings(Partially inspired by quotes from the man that computer viruses should be considered a form of life)
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; July 2nd, 2022 at 12:52 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    The Lostbelt basically goes:
    Moon Landing failed --> Space Race inconclusive --> Cold War ongoing --> Stanislav Petrov, still distrustful of the west due to the ongoing war, presses the alert button during the 1983 Soviet nuclear false alarm incident --> Global nuclear annihilation

Probably the most modern, but still somewhat plausible LB divergence point yet. It feels way too modern and doesn't leave much room for creativity/reinterpreting myths and legends, though, which is why I just can't make things work imo. Not to mention which Heroic Spirits could be summoned in such a setting.
    I mean, you could probably waffle from there, say that magecraft has become commonplace in the postapocalypse, SMT style. Then you get a mix of Servants that pertain to different aspects of post-societal collapse. Say Constantine XI for those trying to rebuild, Altera for those who act as raiders, Asclepius for those trying to deal with radiation, etc

Blog Entries
    Ooh, not bad. I never really read Notes, but I didn't expect this idea to get so big in scale. I mean, global nuclear warfare is big enough, but involving the Types? That's a whole other can of worms.

Blog Entries
    Eh, the types aren't particularly necessary, but they are a big part of notes, and could be used to explain why this timeline was culled. While humanity may rise from the first ashes, the would find extinction eventually. Whether it would be by evolution, infighting, or celestial wrath is the question. Plus, an excuse to have Ado Edem as a servant.

Plus, as far as we know, the next lostbelt has a Type, so it wouldn't be impossible.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yooo, finished my Gotz design- I think I might've borrowed too much from Lancelot's armor design, but I'm happy with it

Blog Entries
    Going to be honest when I say I'm not art critic, but damn that looks good. I kinda see it a little bit, the Lancelot I mean, but I think the little features like the jacket, or bigger ones like the arm and face, differentiate it more than enough.