Page 12 of 439 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Wouldn’t typhon die from lack of mysteries.

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:36 PM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Funny that you actually mention nidhogg, one of the other ideas I toyed with in terms of a singularity based on 536 was the idea that the reason the world tree even exists is that Odin purposely grew it to keep Nidhogg locked in by the roots of the world tree with Niddhog actually being an entity called Ditheader (Di-eatha-deer [Short for “itheader dia” or “god eater”]), I basically had the idea that Niddhogg was a bit of the White Titan's corpse which still was alive and somewhat sentient, divided from the main body and tried to keep devouring the earth. The gods locked it underground then Odin planted a tree on it, however come the end of the age of the gods, the roots of the world tree rotting and such it started to awaken and try to rise. Eventually using the magma vents and chambers beneath Iceland it arose and ended up fighting with the remnants of the British / Celtic / Welsh divine spirits. I also considered incorporating the theory of the continent of Icelandia into the tale (and also valid some older Celtic or Irish legends).
    This is all very interesting. Had you not decided on incorporating Icelandia into the mix, I would have suggested that Odin planted the Niddhogg under a Vörðr tree of sorts in Goodmanham and when Coifi burnt down the pagan temple there during the Christian conversion, the sacred tree also caught fire and released the Niddhogg. Granted the chronology is a bit out since you were focusing on 536 but whatever.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing whatever your idea turns out to be should you decide to write it up.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

----------------------------------------
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Cursed by Fortuna; July 3rd, 2022 at 09:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    In hesiods theogeny there were certain obscure deitites, sometimes considered only one, that was caleed the Ourea, the mountains. One of the first protogenoi, born together with Ouranos, the sky and I think Ponthos, the sea. It is common in pretty much all old beliefs that each mountain has one specific nature god residing over it.
    If one would go with the Mountain Golem stuff, one could somehow use the Aetna Ourea as a part of it all.

The niddhogg idea is cool as well, but I personally would like to spread all the tidbits of the White Titan around the globe. The norse already have the valkyries and Ymir probably.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed by Fortuna View Post
    Either that or the Church and mages just retroactively covered it up, given the chaos at the time and the fact that methods of spreading information were far more limited back then (the printing press wouldn't have existed back then and books would have only been available to a handful of upper society as a result) it's very possible they could have covered it up.

Funny that you actually mention nidhogg, one of the other ideas I toyed with in terms of a singularity based on 536 was the idea that the reason the world tree even exists is that Odin purposely grew it to keep Nidhogg locked in by the roots of the world tree with Niddhog actually being an entity called Ditheader (Di-eatha-deer [Short for “itheader dia” or “god eater”]), I basically had the idea that Niddhogg was a bit of the White Titan's corpse which still was alive and somewhat sentient, divided from the main body and tried to keep devouring the earth. The gods locked it underground then Odin planted a tree on it, however come the end of the age of the gods, the roots of the world tree rotting and such it started to awaken and try to rise. Eventually using the magma vents and chambers beneath Iceland it arose and ended up fighting with the remnants of the British / Celtic / Welsh divine spirits. I also considered incorporating the theory of the continent of Icelandia into the tale (and also valid some older Celtic or Irish legends). Basically some scientists believe Iceland may have used to be much bigger and what we see today is the remnants of a sunken continent which may have connected to Greenland and quite possibly the rest of the European continental plate (their still would have been some bits of sea between them, but those part of the sea are situated above the edges of the continental plates).

Basically I would argue that the scientists were right, but they got the date wrong, Icelandia was a content, but it didn't sink ~10 million years ago, it sunk around 1500 years ago when Nidhogg (and Nidhogg even awakening to begin with may have been a plot by Gaia to deal with humanity) and the gods had their epic battle then the mages / the church / the world all covered that up in the aftermath.

I also had some other ideas related to Donn, but they never were that interesting.

I don't know enough to say if it would be possible at technical level in canon Nasuverse, as mages can be all over the place in terms of what is or is not technically possible for them. However I would be tempted to no in that I think Typhoon similar to the bull of heaven and Moby Dick / Leviathan was desired more as a "super-weapon" or living weapon than an actual living being and I'm not even certain if it would be recorded in the throne of heroes or not. Plus it's entirely questionable either if Typhoon loves humanity (a requirement for all beasts) or is even sapient enough to qualify as such. Beyond that I would think that the age of the gods ending may have prevented such actions as I think after the age of the gods ended for greek myth the greek underworld went with it, so depending on how you choose to interpret it (in that Typhoon may be in a part of the underworld geolocated under Mt. Etna) he may have either vanished with the greek underworld (or went wherever that went). Alternatively if you go by the Celtic explanation where the underworld is likely either connected to or a part of the reverse side of the world, he may be stuck there. Either way summoning him would I would suspect would likely face major pushback both from Magus bodies and possibly Gaia / Alaya's counterforce due to the amount of damage it would may cause.

However there is a loophole to this that I could conevieve of a well connected and powerful mage or magus group abusing, bear with me on this one, I could conceive of a ritual, albeit a very large one (on the scale of a holy grail ritual) to use Mt. Etna itself (as in the literal mountain and physical location) as a vessel to summon Typhoon. You see in Greek and Roman myths there is the idea of a Genius Loci which regionally had the meaning of a nature god ruling over a local place, however it later became or turned into the idea of a specific place as a god (similar to shinto belief that places or objects can have spirits). This meshes with the idea of nature spirits and assuming Mt. Etna has a nature spirit it as well as the physical mass of the mountain could be used as a vessel to summon a being similar to Typhoon (either with power derived from Typhoon's myth or possibly holding Typhoon's mind and spirit in the empowered nature spirit with the Mountain itself being literally used possibly as material for a giant Golem [think Adam from Fate: Apocrypha] to basically mimic the effect of truly summoning Typhoon, while bypassing the logistical hurdles of such). As NINE, mentions the lack of mana would be a problem however unless you used an explanation like a genius loci / nature spirit which would get energy from the world as a spirit to fuel itself (although I may be getting that incorrect).

I will also give credit where it's due part of this idea was based on a sheet based on Mt. Vesuvius as a servant that I distantly recall reviewing.

WEll i did it interpret in that Typhon is in a sort of dimensional seal withhin the ground of Etna and that the seal isnt perfect as when ever it tries to break free does its powerfull Magical energy cause the eruptions and earthquakes and that the bottom of vulcane is still a place of mystery aswell werere leylines are connecting and were its enery i concetrated so that it doesnt need outside mystery as its existence is a myster generator and that it would when freed would be either through its own decision o though Gaias influence wants to attack and eradicate the modern civilasation and it would be just a matter of time when the Grands are called . thats my version respectively interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    In hesiods theogeny there were certain obscure deitites, sometimes considered only one, that was caleed the Ourea, the mountains. One of the first protogenoi, born together with Ouranos, the sky and I think Ponthos, the sea. It is common in pretty much all old beliefs that each mountain has one specific nature god residing over it.
    If one would go with the Mountain Golem stuff, one could somehow use the Aetna Ourea as a part of it all.

The niddhogg idea is cool as well, but I personally would like to spread all the tidbits of the White Titan around the globe. The norse already have the valkyries and Ymir probably.
    About the Protogenoi can i say i have two of them already in planning for a servant one servant space verse and one for my Requiem servant verse .

Also when i start to write my Greek Mythology Reconstruction will i explain also their inclusion in the Godsworld .
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I guess laozi/lao tzu could count as an alchemist due to his influence on chinese alchemy and his philosophy of cultivation could count as a philosophy of evolution. You could always go for the obvious Darwin sheet if you are stuck on the evolution idea.

(Is the male yandere faceclaim for surtr?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I guess laozi/lao tzu could count as an alchemist due to his influence on chinese alchemy and his philosophy of cultivation could count as a philosophy of evolution. You could always go for the obvious Darwin sheet if you are stuck on the evolution idea.

(Is the male yandere faceclaim for surtr?)
    or his contemporary Walace after which the Wallace line is named which discoovered the evolution con cept indenped from Darwin at the same time but wasnt able to pulicy it like Darwin .

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Any idea for grand saber Heracles?

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Herc in general has always been more famously known as an Archer than a Saber. He has Marmyadose for a sword, but that's a later addition to his myth iirc. Since Castoria also has Marmyadose somehow, you could stretch it to become a sister sword of Excalibur or something like that, though I'm not sure that's enough for Grand Saber material.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I’m more thinking along the lines of combining myramidose with the vajra of vajrapani.

Blog Entries
    Any idea for grand saber Heracles?
    Mataku you seem to be quite fixated on Grands why don't you try to make normal servants at first ?

But okay aside that he has Gods Hand ,Nemean cloth and Nine Lives ,has he Bravery A + ,eye of mind ex, then presumably a high ranked mystery slayer ex or a skill that let's him use the various expertise in the various tasks he obtained . As sword hm it was given him by Athena i think but in the legends weren't certain traits fixated so there is certain freedom either a passive weapon like Dhiarmuids Spears or a powerful elementar abbillity that resolve perhaps one his divine nature or a expression of his blazing hero pride perhaps ?

All in all would be Herakles be in all classes a top servant

- - - Updated - - -

I’m more thinking along the lines of combining myramidose with the vajra of vajrapani.
    keep in mind that are cross culture additions that may not neccesarily have anything to do with his original legend.

Blog Entries
    There was already a Grand Berserker Herakles-Vajrapani sheet a while ago, taking the syncretism of herakles into the east as the basis. It was pretty cool
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've always wanted to see a Ja'far ibn Yahya Barmaki sheet, I feel there's so much you can do with his character - from a patron of the sciences who introduced Indian science into the Caliphate, to his ancestors being the leaders of the Nava Vihāra Buddhist monasteries that Xuanzang visited on his (her in Nasuverse) Journey to the West, to his family being so wealthy that they owned most of the mansions in Baghdad and had their own private army, to his tragic execution alongside his family for the crime of falling in love with the Caliph's sister and getting her pregnant. And of course one can't help but mention his portrayal in media over the years, from his heroic depictions in Scheherazade's "One Thousand and One Nights" to his more recent villainous depictions, especially in Disney's "Aladdin".

Having just written all that, I realise that might just be why I never managed to find the inspiration - there's just a bit too much going on with old Ja'far that I could never think of how to condense it all into a more cohesive whole for a single Servant sheet. Still, if anyone else can find inspiration then you have my blessing to go forth and bring him to life.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Sounds like an interesting fella indeed. I'll add him to my list. Or if you prefer to write it up yourself I can help you with some ideas.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Give him innocent monster (Disney).

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Give him innocent monster (Disney).
    Imagine Disney being Innocent Monster-ed by his own company, creating Disney (Alter) maniefested under the body of Mickey Mouse. This version of his would completely focus on the dark side of his company (as opposed to the more positive takes on him in the old threads), with a copyright-based NP that rewrites the world to retroactively take another Servant's NP and make them his own. This effectively grants him the ability to rewrite history itself, and there's some potential Beast-Class implications there. Something about rejecting reality to embrace a beautiful dream (the true Disney) or something about greed (his company).

...jk, unless...

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Just do it. Don’t let anyone hold your imagination down.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    One Question everyone if you would hold a Grailwar withhin europe and the neighbour areas which country would you chose strategically ?

i mean in terms of servant advantages as in apocrypha we saw how strong the place has an influence despite that the catalysts for top servants can for Mages rather easily be purchased o provided through powerfull organisations like how are these countries as start \/

Germany (rather in the south of the land)

Turkey

Italy

Finland

Hungary

and outside of europe which place for a grailwar would you like to see as that has great influence on the participating Mages ,Masters and naturaly the choice of Servants ?

i am about your thoughts already curiuos .