Page 439 of 439 FirstFirst ... 339389429434437438439
Results 8,761 to 8,764 of 8764

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

Wyrd oft nereš unfǽgne eorl, žonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, peak behind the curtain but I am in the process of finishing up another one of my old sheets for the Schlock anniversary and I am wavering when it comes to the Noble Phantasm. The figure in question is Wayland the Smith, and so naturally when I first wrote the sheet I made the NP the sword Mimung since it was his best creation and that he had used to cut down Amilias. But re-reading the Vǫlundarkviša recently and I was reminded of how in the story much more weight is placed on Wayland's marksmanship rather than his swordfighting capability which combined with the fact that I had designed Wayland as being a master smith whose crafting techniques use forgotten maxims that were lost after Ragnarök (think the phrase "any sufficiently advanced science is indistinguishable from magic"). Thus I am now seriously tempted to change him from a Muramasa type Saber into an Archer class Servant who has a crossbow like contraption that shoots out replicas of his many swords akin to Gilgamesh.

Somebody hold me back, as while the idea sounds really cool - I have a feeling I'll muck it up and it'll be cringe as all get out.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you're aprehensive about the sword crossbow you could just give him both? Like he's a great marksman but also when fighting with the sword the trait carries over, and he's built around very precise strikes and stabs.

Or you could lean on how bad it is that his legend made him all about swords but he's better with a bow in battles. So he's doing the sword-arrows thing but complaining all the while because that's just so much worse than a regular arrow.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Embrace the cringe, Skull.
    We've all had those ideas that sound utterly crazy but doesn't actually turn out half-bad once you finish them.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I'm pretty sure people invoke her to help with eye issues and such. Maybe you can think of something related to that?
    Though honestly you could just make it so that she doesn't have a way to fight at all.
    Sorry for the late reply. Strengthening the power of mystic eyes perhaps? Seems like it would be very niche though. I did write that she herself has pure eyes (due to that old statement about pure eyes being common among saints) that allow her to passively see the future (of everything not just where she will be like Trisha fellow's mystic eyes of foresight) so maybe I could combo it with that somehow. The idea to not give her a way to fight is valid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MuramasaMachII View Post
    I mean, the best I can suggest is maybe link it to one of three things: her patronages, related miracles, or the more... intriguing bit. By which I mean the Dante bit.

In Dante's Purgatorio and Paradisio, he compares Saint Lucia to light incarnate, carrying the Pilgrim out of darkness. And, her feast day has been compared to a "festival of light" while her name derives from the Latin word lux which literally means...well, "light." I don't entirely know it would work as a Holy Shroud though?
    Sorry for the late reply. A "leading light" effect is something I worked into her noble phantasm but as it is a very prominent part of her sainthood it could definitely be worked into her holy shroud too! Since she leads people out of darkness maybe anyone wrapped in the holy shroud is given a conceptual advantage against things with an evil nature (say evil aligned servants or something). That could be an idea. I didn't consider putting that as a part of her shroud as well as her np but I suppose it makes a lot of sense for the shroud to work similarly to one of the main ways she's celebrated