Page 266 of 440 FirstFirst ... 166216256261264265266267268271276316366 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,320 of 8782

Thread: Servant/Project Idea Thread, "The Womb"

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Now that I actually sit down and think about it, there's no other method of explaining how Cliodhna became Itsumade other than "fuck I got lost". Perhaps I will have to go back to the literal drawing board for this idea.
    Since Cliodhna's story started by losing her life while seeking for her mortal lover, I wanted to sort of give her back a mortal lover at the end of her story (guess who)

There isn't a very specific sort of explanation as to how the Itsumade was born: " It is thought that the spirits of the dead and suffering form into onryō which take the shape of these birds. ", from https://yokai.com/itsumade/.
    Perhaps I can try to tweak it...?

So the story's sequence is most likely:

->be Cliodhna
    ->seeking her mortal lover (presumably due to a promise made)
    ->drowns
    ->loses divinity after drowning
    ->due to promise, continues to seek for lover
    ->found lover, lover scared shitless/found cheating
    ->Cliodhna mentally breakdowns, denies identity of lover, kills the guy and continues seeking.
    ->as she seeks, she finds out that her affinity to detecting things that are about to die increases, and as a result, more spirits try to follow in her ways.
    ->while seeking, she travels eastbound (*insert Age of Gods bs, all spirits decide to retreat to the reverse side*), and her body morphs into a more birdlike shape.
    ->She senses a great aura of death coming from the Shishinden (At this point she has became Itsumade, she just doesn't know yet)
    ->Hiroari comes out and snipes Cliodhna/itsumade, wounding her. Nevertheless, she continues to stalk him.
    ***POV changes to Hiroari***
    ->Be Hiroari
    ->Due to an adverse change in life(prob gna bs my way out of this), his karma (which Cliodhna identifies as an aura of death) starts to accumulate.
    ->time leap to Shishinden, Hiroari snipes Cliodhna. As a result, Cliodhna begins stalking him.
    ->due to Cliodhna's influence, every single person close to Hiroari dies. Hiroari, who doesn't know of Cliodhna's presence, begins to blame himself for it, and retreats to a secluded place.
    ->in his aging years, Hiroari, who fears death alot, begins to slowly accept the concept that death is inevitable, and starts to make peace with it. His karma, originally messy and cloudy, starts to clear up and flow, allowing him to detect Cliodhna's presence around him, as well as find out about her past.
    ->In his final moments, Hiroari calls out to Cliodha, telling her that he has always knew of her presence. With his dying breath, he asks Cliodhna to take his hand, as to compensate for the lover she never found.

After I wrote it all out, I just realised what a patchwork mess this is.
    Well, guess I managed to sort of "form a draft" with this plot I've had.
    Again, tell me about how you feel about it. Lallyho.

If this is completely unrelated to the prompt, call me out for it.

WF was right.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    I mean, Wyvern just spelled it out: this has no basis in any real world synchretism, so it is unrelated to the prompt. And why would an irish man reincarnate as a japanese warrior, especially when there is no evidence of celts believing in reincarnation? Neither Banshees or Itsumade cause death, they announce them, and Itsumade's thing is not announcing your death, but to ask when the dead will be recognized.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 8th, 2022 at 01:50 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Valid opinion. Back to the drawing board(try to pull more shit from somewhere)I go, then.
    jkjk, if I really can't work a way out i'm going to completely scrap the idea
    (also, no reincarnation is involved. Hiroari and Ciabhán(lover) are two different individuals)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Ah, sorry about that misread. Still feels kinda random to have him fall for a bird that keep shouting at him because he shot it once.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Totally random question, anyone here know any more myth or folklore with themes similar to Izanagi or Orpheus, where lovers are separated, one of them gets whisked into the underworld or some similar otherworldly plane, the other tries to get them back, almost succeeds, but fails at the last moment due to breaking a rule or whatever?

For the record, I'm not writing Izanagi=Orpheus. That feels like taking the intricate pantheons of both cultures and throwing a brick right in the middle. I just find it fascinating that two vastly different cultures had this similar motif (and said motif is actually fairly specific compared to more "general" themes like the flood myths you can find almost everywhere), and I'm curious if there are any other cultures with similar stories.

Blog Entries
    Well, there is the story of Baldr.

If I recall, his mother or father went to Hel in order to have him come back to life, similar to Orpheus' tale. But similar to Orpheus they failed to bring him back, because Loki refused to shed tears for Baldr.

Blog Entries
    it was Baldr's best bud or brother Hermodr
    the messenger god of the norse

this mythological trope is called Katabasis
    here a helpful link
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kataba...cal_literature
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, so there's a name for it, nice.
    Baldr's tale doesn't exactly fit what I'm going for, but I did find some interesting names from the wiki. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    There's a character I really want to make since I have a faceclaim for them, but I have no idea what their powers would be. (They'd likely be a mage). Is this the right place to post the picture for advice/ ideas?

Blog Entries
    Yes, but check out the Stat This thread too.
    There you just show the picture and other give their thought who might be a fitting servant for them
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries

These are the images
    I might also go to statthis, but they have a line there.
    Do you have any idea for the powers of a mage with this appearance? Any concepts at all? Any type of ideas for a code or ability they might have? I really want to use them as a FC, but don't know what to do with them.
    Last edited by Dreamerless; December 12th, 2022 at 12:05 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My dear friend, double posting can be a bad idea. Use the Edit Post function instead.

Hang on, is that fucking AI?

Either way, I would say a person with the ability to break down things to its original state/find out its og components without breaking them down.
    In short, an alchemist.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I got the pictures with AI Art. Do you like them?
    Last edited by Dreamerless; December 9th, 2022 at 11:41 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    To be very frank (I draw for fun), I don't enjoy them. I find that it looks weird as hell.
    for example, the stuff floating in picture 1 is very confusing, and I can't really tell what it is.
    pic 2 pretty ok (iris kinda wack but I make that mistake sometimes) but what a fishing rod doin at the back though
    pic 3 is basically gradeaundera with that chin.

Very amateurish mistakes, but can affect the pic greatly. Not to say i don't make these mistakes myself.

I'm actually a very mediocre artist when it comes to serious shit. To be fair, using AI is better than coming to me for art.

Speaking of art, I'm planning to make a Chaldea Boys collection but it's BL. Give me a call if yall interested.

Blog Entries
    Might do that. Do you think the fishing rod could be a code? And btw, the floating things was an attempt at a Rubik's Cube.

Blog Entries
    They look Clock Tower-flavoured. Which Departments do you know enough about to work with?

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A mystic code? Now that's a tough question. There aren't many well known fishermen known for being particularly smart. Even Cumhaill has done pretty stupid things before.

Cumhaill's wise, not smart btw.

Blog Entries
    It could be some kind of magical fishing rod. Maybe it lets them interact with non-physical things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    They look Clock Tower-flavoured. Which Departments do you know enough about to work with?
    I don't really know about the Departments, but have vague info on them.

Blog Entries
    Well, if they're all equally obscure to you, that means all of them are equally bad ideas!

The use of a Rubik's Cube as a recurring motif makes me think of architectural Magecraft, speciality in the creation of Bounded Fields, and such like. Rubik is, after all, a professor of architecture. An example of a text that you could use as a basis for an architectural Thaumaturgical Foundation... The Samaranganasutradhara springs to mind, which also contains instructions for things like robots, mandalas, and flying machines.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it doesn't contain instructions for flying machines, but it says that you can make them and it won't tell you how because it wants to keep them a secret, almost like it's winking and nudging in the direction of Mystery.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    I don't really know about them building things, and I mainly used the cube as a signifier of puzzles, pointlessness, etc. The pieces of it being broken and flying around is from bad AI, although I like the aesthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Flying Machines are badass. Doesn't Prelati have one?